Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm a redhead, we don't grey, we whiten. I am 44 and just starting to get some white in my hair. My honest opinion? I earned every one of them!

To the men who don't find it attractive - if you are basing my attraction on my hair color...shallow much? I'm much too late in the game for superficial frivolity, so it's just fine with me if you move along. ;)

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Well I'm going with grey...and have you noticed lots of young people are doing grey now..I spoke to a hairdresser the other day who said he gets lots of 18-23 year olds asking for their hair to be grey...so I thought 'If you can't beat them, join them' haha!

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What's irritating is my husband doesn't have any gray hair! His grandpa died at 68 with a full head of black hair and not one gray! Ugh...I'm doomed to dye mine forever...just so I don't look older than him. LOL

Reactions: hopesprings
Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well I'm going with grey...and have you noticed lots of young people are doing grey now..I spoke to a hairdresser the other day who said he gets lots of 18-23 year olds asking for their hair to be grey...so I thought 'If you can't beat them, join them' haha!

Yes! I've seen so many of the younger people doing the grey thing. It depends on the person's skin tone; sometimes the grey on someone younger looks out of place. I've seen others who have looked stunning. I find it interesting that the young are now colouring grey while some older people are trying to maintain their "natural" color. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Natural highlights! Embrace it, most people have to pay for it.

Lol. I got a kick out of her saying that. I'm fortunate--I've got silver all through my hair so it doesn't look patchy. Like other posters have mentioned, younger people are colouring grey now. To each their own, I guess. :D

Reactions: Call_me_Tom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Meh... Gray or not matters little to me.

I work with a woman who is 61, is in great shape, but colors her hair. It just looks a little off to see her wrinkles but vibrant reddish-brown hair.

Another woman at work has gray-white hair, but her skin is smooth and she has the face of a 25yr old. She's in her 50's but looks like a high school girl who has on makeup to look like an old woman for a play. It's a little creepy, honestly.

Me? I'm 47 and my blonde hair just started showing a little gray a couple of years ago. However, my beard comes in gray/white. I grew my hair longer and grew a goatee last year. But, my beard was so grey/white, that I just shaved it off. I actually tried dying it and it looked great for about a week, then it washed out.

I work in corporate security and short hair and clean shaven is sort of expected at my level anyway...

View media item 54076

Upvote 0

faith33

Aug 4, 2016
canada
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To me I feel grey on a man is not an issue, I think it always looks handsome and distinguished.

But it can be a bit different for a woman.

If a woman is keeping her hair neat and it looks properly cared for, then the grey can look natural, and like it was "earned".

But if it just looks like it went grey and has been uncut for months, unconditioned, unstyled, etc. then I think the grey really ages a woman and makes her look older than she is, and perhaps like she is going through a lot of stress. I know because I've looked in the mirror and seen it!

So the color doesn't matter as much as how it contributes to the overall look of how well we are caring for ourselves.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I also started going grey in my 20's. It's been a slow process. I'm now kind of salt and pepper, only my "pepper" color is a medium reddish-brown instead of black. I color my hair, but I don't like keeping up with it. Also my hair is fine and damages easily. It doesn't hold color long and ends up fading to a lighter shade. I'm almost 100% decided to not ever color it again. One of my grandmothers let her hair grey, but she always kept a longer, youthful style. I'm thinking of following her example.

When I was still in my earlier 20's and married, my then husband asked me when I was going to start coloring my grays. I told him that I would when he started using Rogaine. That shut him down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grey doesn't turn me off at all if everything else is taken care of. A woman with a stylish cut with a little grey can be quite fetching.

I met my wife when she was 18 3/4 years old she was blond then. We have been married 47 years, she has remained blond all these years. I love my blond so much she was a hair dresser and she knew how to keep it so pretty. My advice cover the gray.

Upvote 0

daughterofthemosthigh7

AGE 52 and as if our votes matter!
Aug 2, 2016
Texas
✟15,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
:purpleheart:wish mine would turn totally gray but instead mines coming out salt & pepper and at slower rate than desired but I don't think there's much time to hope I develop more lol because I believe Jesus will be calling us Home any day now (and hurray for that!!!) anyway, just love gray hair~ don't see why so many have a problem w/it... ?!

Last edited:
Reactions: ~RENEE~
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
What's irritating is my husband doesn't have any gray hair! His grandpa died at 68 with a full head of black hair and not one gray!

My mother was the same way. She passed away at the age of 65, with no gray in her hair at all except for a little at the temples, plus a smooth face with hardly any wrinkles, and many people told her she didn't look her age. And she actually wanted gray/white hair, but it just didn't happen.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I also started going grey in my 20's.
When I was still in my earlier 20's and married, my then husband asked me when I was going to start coloring my grays. I told him that I would when he started using Rogaine. That shut him down.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I know nothing about your now defunct marriage, but that above statement reveals quite a bit of dysfunction in a relationship.

Your husband saw that his young and beautiful wife was beginning to have prematurely gray hair and found it unattractive and was obviously bothered enough by it that he said something about it to you. He was communicating to you that it was a concern. As it should be. A girl going gray in her early 20's is quite the anomaly and her coloring her hair to conceal that would be the expected response.

Instead of considering his request, you replied with a biting personal insult. Lots and lots of men go bald very young and it is not as easy as simply washing in some hair coloring to hide. It is emasculating and humiliating for most men to go bald so young. It happened to my brother and at 40, he is still self-conscious about it.

Of course, going gray so young for a woman can obviously do the same thing, but it apparently didn't bother you since you didn't color it.

Now, the guy may have very well been a sociopathic beast but in just the example you gave, you were the one with a very vicious and personal attack that showed no willingness to compromise and instead shut down his feeble attempt at honest communication about what he prefers about his wife's appearance.

Upvote 0