✟355,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never said otherwise.

Do you think all of the Israelites who crossed the Red Sea were saved?
How about Korah and the others who rebelled against Moses? Did they go to heaven when the ground swallowed them?

Do you believe the Old Testament Saints will be a part of the kingdom of God found in verse 5 below?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Joh 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Did Jesus say in John 3:5 that even the OT Saints must be "born again" to be a part of the kingdom of God? Is this something Nicodemus should have known, based on verse 10?

I have responded to all your arguments and Scripture that you use to try and prove the Prophecies about the New Covenant in the Spirit was already occurring in the Old Covenant. The arguments you use are ridiculous, as if God lied about the New Covenant promises.

I provided you Scriptures, which you could not refute, that clearly show that the prophecies of the pouring out of the Spirit on believers came through Christ Jesus after His resurrection and glorification.

You continue to ignore the Passages, which I even quoted Lord Jesus, that makes plain to understand that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit upon believers began after Lord Jesus appeared to save us, and was resurrected, and glorified.

All this was made public on this board for all to see. So, you go on and continue to prove God wrong about His New Covenant promise of the Spirit that only comes by faith in Lord Jesus. I am afraid for you.

John 16:7 (WEB) Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

The Holy Spirit began to be poured out on believers on the Day of Pentecost, starting in the Upper Room, after Lord Jesus was glorified. SEE again Acts 2

Before the Resurrection of Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit did not indwell believers. Being born again is only for the New Covenant - after the resurrection of Lord Jesus:

1 Peter 1:3 (WEB)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before the Resurrection of Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit did not indwell believers.

Man said vs. God said.

Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BABerean2 said:
Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George.

I don't see Yahweh God shifting who God means in promises God gives to any. That would change the honesty of the promises.

There is no argument or discussion for pretribulation removal of the church or any believers in this, but I can say there is nothing stopping any church from losing any claim to being Israel, Romans 11:20-21.

It is of no purpose to share links of off-site discussion or preaching for making one's point, discussion is happening just with someone here on the forums and not with whoever is shown with a link who never comes to the same forums. Off-site links should just be used like footnotes, for support, but not for making the points. No one needs to look at those if they don't want to.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,554.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see Yahweh God shifting who God means in promises God gives to any. That would change the honesty of the promises.

There is no argument or discussion for pretribulation removal of the church or any believers in this, but I can say there is nothing stopping any church from losing any claim to being Israel, Romans 11:20-21.

It is of no purpose to share links of off-site discussion or preaching for making one's point, discussion is happening just with someone here on the forums and not with whoever is shown with a link who never comes to the same forums. Off-site links should just be used like footnotes, for support, but not for making the points. No one needs to look at those if they don't want to.

He is basically cutting and pasting the same paragraphs repeatedly.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is basically cutting and pasting the same paragraphs repeatedly.

The truth about Dispensational Theology, which is less than 200 years old, is often painful for those promoting the doctrine.

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_23.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_22.pdf

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The truth about Dispensational Theology, which is less than 200 years old, is often painful for those promoting the doctrine.

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_23.pdf

Pastor Tim Warner

You have PERSONALLY been repeatedly confronted with HARD PROOF of the BLATANT FALSEHOOD of this claim.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟443,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From Adam Clarke's Commentary around 1800
Clarke's Commentary
Preface to the Revelation of St. John the Divine
Among the interpreters of the Apocalypse, both in ancient and modern times, we find a vast diversity of opinions, but they may be all reduced to four principal hypotheses, or modes of interpretation: -

1. The Apocalypse contains a prophetical description of the destruction of Jerusalem, of the Jewish war, and the civil wars of the Romans.

2. It contains predictions of the persecutions of the Christians under the heathen emperors of Rome, and of the happy days of the Church under the Christian emperors, from Constantine downwards.

3. It contains prophecies concerning the tyrannical and oppressive conduct of the Roman pontiffs, the true antichrist; and foretells the final destruction of popery.

4. It is a prophetic declaration of the schism and heresies of Martin Luther, those called Reformers, and their successors; and the final destruction of the Protestant religion.

The first opinion has been defended by Professor Wetstein, and other learned men on the continent.

The second is the opinion of the primitive fathers in general, both Greek and Latin.

The third was first broached by the Abb Joachim, who flourished in the thirteenth century, was espoused by most of the Franciscans; and has been and still is the general opinion of the Protestants.

The fourth seems to have been invented by popish writers, merely by way of retaliation; and has been illustrated and defended at large by a Mr. Walmsley, (I believe), titular dean of Wells, in a work called the History of the Church, under the feigned name of Signior Pastorini.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have PERSONALLY been repeatedly confronted with HARD PROOF of the BLATANT FALSEHOOD of this claim.

Can you show us at least three sources which claimed modern Jews would be saved outside of the Church, which were written before the year 1820?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Can you show us at least three sources which claimed modern Jews would be saved outside of the Church, which were written before the year 1820?

Your question is intentionally designed to be deceptive. You are trying to make it seem that Dispensationalism teaches that it is possible to be saved without trusting Jesus. But you personally know that is false.

But Irenaeus, the very earliest Christian commentator on Bible prophecy who wrote any significant amount on the subject, and whose works have come down to us, clearly taught that "the Jews," as a nation, would be converted AFTER the time at which he placed the rapture.

Hippolytus and Tertullian also taught that the Jews would be converted after the Lord returns, which is after the rapture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From Adam Clarke's Commentary around 1800
Clarke's Commentary
Preface to the Revelation of St. John the Divine
Among the interpreters of the Apocalypse, both in ancient and modern times, we find a vast diversity of opinions, but they may be all reduced to four principal hypotheses, or modes of interpretation: -

1. The Apocalypse contains a prophetical description of the destruction of Jerusalem, of the Jewish war, and the civil wars of the Romans.

2. It contains predictions of the persecutions of the Christians under the heathen emperors of Rome, and of the happy days of the Church under the Christian emperors, from Constantine downwards.

3. It contains prophecies concerning the tyrannical and oppressive conduct of the Roman pontiffs, the true antichrist; and foretells the final destruction of popery.

4. It is a prophetic declaration of the schism and heresies of Martin Luther, those called Reformers, and their successors; and the final destruction of the Protestant religion.

The first opinion has been defended by Professor Wetstein, and other learned men on the continent.

The second is the opinion of the primitive fathers in general, both Greek and Latin.

The third was first broached by the Abb Joachim, who flourished in the thirteenth century, was espoused by most of the Franciscans; and has been and still is the general opinion of the Protestants.

The fourth seems to have been invented by popish writers, merely by way of retaliation; and has been illustrated and defended at large by a Mr. Walmsley, (I believe), titular dean of Wells, in a work called the History of the Church, under the feigned name of Signior Pastorini.
This commentary, though a classic, omitted the essentially universal opinion of the Christian writers of the first few centuries of the church. That was that the Revelation is about a short period of time that will take place immediately before the Lord returns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your question is intentionally designed to be deceptive. You are trying to make it seem that Dispensationalism teaches that it is possible to be saved without trusting Jesus. But you personally know that is false.

But Irenaeus, the very earliest Christian commentator on Bible prophecy who wrote any significant amount on the subject, and whose works have come down to us, clearly taught that "the Jews," as a nation, would be converted AFTER the time at which he placed the rapture.

Hippolytus and Tertullian also taught that the Jews would be converted after the Lord returns, which is after the rapture.

I have seen your Irenaeus claim before, and the selective way his writings must be read to make Dispensational Theology work.

As for the others, have you been reading the writings of author Grant Jeffrey, who selectively copied and pasted the writings of the Early Church Fathers in an attempt to make the PreTrib doctrine work?

Based on what Paul said below, nobody is going to come to salvation after the Second Coming of Christ.

2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Pastor Tim Warner

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have seen your Irenaeus claim before, and the selective way his writings must be read to make Dispensational Theology work.

As for the others, have you been reading the writings of author Grant Jeffrey, who selectively copied and pasted the writings of the Early Church Fathers in an attempt to make the PreTrib doctrine work?

Based on what Paul said below, nobody is going to come to salvation after the Second Coming of Christ.

2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Pastor Tim Warner

Now you are just trying to deflect from the evidence I have published. What anyone else may have said or not said has zero bearing on the HARD PROOF I have published.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you are just trying to deflect from the evidence I have published. What anyone else may have said or not said has zero bearing on the HARD PROOF I have published.

Are you trying to sell your book to those on this thread?

If not, show us some of what is in your book.

We want to see this "HARD PROOF".

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jeremiah 31:35-37
Yahweh, who gives the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea, so that its waves roar; Yahweh of Armies is his name, says:
“If these ordinances depart from before me,” says Yahweh, “then the offspring of Israel also will cease from being a nation before me forever.” Yahweh says: “If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then I will also cast off all the offspring of Israel for all that they have done,” says Yahweh.

Romans 11:24-26
For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree? For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved.

The context is unbelievers of Israel, and no other meaning of Israel is introduced here, it is what comfort was left for Paul who grieved that many (not all) of the Jewish people remained not believing Christ who came to them. A time then is to come when a remnant that is left from those of Israel who, as Jewish people, will all come to Christ. They will then be testimony of Christ to the world. So those ones are going to be saved.

People who go on about all the believers and not others who are yet to come to Christ are all going to be saved and delivered from all the coming troubles to the world are a distraction with their communication, from needed responsibility for us including the stewardship to this earth that belongs to Yahweh the Creator, for which destructiveness that God despises great trouble will come.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yahweh, who gives the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea, so that its waves roar; Yahweh of Armies is his name, says:
“If these ordinances depart from before me,” says Yahweh, “then the offspring of Israel also will cease from being a nation before me forever.” Yahweh says: “If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then I will also cast off all the offspring of Israel for all that they have done,” says Yahweh.

Romans 11:24-26
For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree? For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved.

The context is unbelievers of Israel, and no other meaning of Israel is introduced here, it is what comfort was left for Paul who grieved that many (not all) of the Jewish people remained not believing Christ who came to them. A time then is to come when a remnant that is left from those of Israel who, as Jewish people, will all come to Christ. They will then be testimony of Christ to the world. So those ones are going to be saved.

You have ignored Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18.

You have also ignored much of Romans 11:1-28, which reveals the faithful "remnant" of Israel in Romans 11:5.

You seem to be attempting to change the word "so", which is an adverb of manner, into the word "then", which is an adverb of timing in the verse below.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

There is no Plan B of salvation outside of the Church found in the passage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As many teaching others about their deliverance from troubles in the world with being caught up soon continue in that, destructiveness in the world from the society they are in worsens it rapidly, with loss of natural environments and huge loss of species going on still continuously that there is a mass extinction, and climate change adding to the loss of environment and species, civilization is facing its collapse soon from that. The most significant thing in prophecy is the call to come out from that. These coming troubles are from all the exploitation, and believers are not to stay with Mystery Babylon. Doom is coming, we all have call to not stay here but come to alternative living away from civilization and not go on with the exploitation characterizing civilization, the characteristics of Mystery Babylon, Revelation 18. There should be sustainable living for the required stewardship to this earth of God's creation, we should still come to it, having failed in it so far. Don't wait for the coming one characterized as a beast, in prophecy, with promises to fix everything with rebuilding civilization, which will be a last attempt. He will theaten the people of Israel in that, at that time.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Jeremias 38:33 For this is My covenant which I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, saith the Lord, I will surely put My laws into their mind, and write them on their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people.LXX

Psalms 89:30-35 If his children should forsake My law, and walk not in My judgments; if they should profane My ordinances, and not keep My Commandments; I will visit their transgressions with a rod, and their sins with scourges. But My mercy I will not utterly remove from him, nor wrong My truth. Neither will I by any means profane My Covenant; and I will not make void the things that proceed out of My lips, once have I sworn by My holiness, that I will not lie to David.LXX

Revelation 22:14-16 Blessed [are] they that do His Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.KJV

You have ignored Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18.

Jeremias 28:27-32 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Juda with the seed of man, and the seed of beast. And it shall come to pass, that as I watched over them, to pull down, and to afflict, so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord. In those days they shall certainly not say, The fathers ate a sour grape, and the children's teeth were set on edge. But every one shall die in his own sin; and the teeth of him that eats the sour grape shall be set on edge. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Juda...LXX

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be.KJV

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Here are just some pf the places where God EXPLICITLY and UNCONDITIONALLY promised the ancient nation of Israel that He would bring them back to their ancient homeland, and would bless them there.

Two things need to be noticed about these promises. One is that they involve absolutely ALL of that ancient nation, and that the promised return is promised to take place AFTER the Lord returns, not BEFORE He returns.

“For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you." ' " (Ezekiel 36:24-29)

This was not just implied a time or two, but was repeatedly and unconditionally promised, in plain, clear words, as we see in the following passages.

“ ‘I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking,’ says the LORD. ‘Behold, the days are coming,’ says the LORD, ‘That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
“ ‘Therefore, behold, the days are coming,’ says the LORD, ‘that they shall no longer say, “As the LORD lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,” but, “As the LORD lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the countries where I had driven them.” And they shall dwell in their own land.’ ” (Jeremiah 23:3-8)

“ ‘I will cause the captives of Judah and the captives of Israel to return, and will rebuild those places as at the first. I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me. Then it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise, and an honor before all nations of the earth, who shall hear all the good that I do to them; they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and all the prosperity that I provide for it.’
“Thus says the LORD: ‘Again there shall be heard in this place--of which you say, “It is desolate, without man and without beast”--in the cities of Judah, in the streets of Jerusalem that are desolate, without man and without inhabitant and without beast, the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who will say: “Praise the LORD of hosts, For the LORD is good, For His mercy endures forever” -- and of those who will bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause the captives of the land to return as at the first,' says the LORD.
“Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘In this place which is desolate, without man and without beast, and in all its cities, there shall again be a dwelling place of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down. In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the lowland, in the cities of the South, in the land of Benjamin, in the places around Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, the flocks shall again pass under the hands of him who counts them,’ says the LORD.” (Jeremiah 33:7-13)

“But I will bring back Israel to his home, And he shall feed on Carmel and Bashan; His soul shall be satisfied on Mount Ephraim and Gilead. In those days and in that time," says the LORD, "The iniquity of Israel shall be sought, but there shall be none; And the sins of Judah, but they shall not be found; For I will pardon those whom I preserve.” (Jeremiah 50:19-20)

“ ‘For thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land; I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the country. I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the high mountains of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down,’ says the Lord GOD. ‘I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment.’ ” (Ezekiel 34:11-16)

“Indeed, what have you to do with Me, O Tyre and Sidon, and all the coasts of Philistia? Will you retaliate against Me? But if you retaliate against Me, Swiftly and speedily I will return your retaliation upon your own head; Because you have taken My silver and My gold, And have carried into your temples My prized possessions. Also the people of Judah and the people of Jerusalem You have sold to the Greeks, That you may remove them far from their borders.
“Behold, I will raise them Out of the place to which you have sold them, And will return your retaliation upon your own head.” (Joel 3:4-7)

“ ‘I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them. I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them,’ Says the LORD your God.” (Amos 9:14-15)

Many imagine that this promise of a restoration of Israel to her ancient homeland was fulfilled in the return from Babylon. But that return did not include the ancient sub-kingdom of “Ephraim,” which, even to this day, has never returned. The return from Babylon was only the ancient sub-kingdom of Judah, and only a very small part of that. For “Altogether the whole assembly was forty-two thousand three hundred and sixty, besides their male and female servants, of whom there were seven thousand three hundred and thirty-seven; and they had two hundred and forty-five men and women singers.” (Nehemiah 7:66-67) That is a total of only forty-nine thousand nine hundred and ninety two persons. By comparison, 2 Chronicles 17:12-19 informs us that, in the days of Jehoshaphat, the army of Judah was one million, one hundred and sixty thousand men, to say nothing of those that were not in the army. Compare this very small return with the return that God had promised:

“And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, ‘O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD! Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because the enemy has said of you, 'Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,” ’ therefore prophesy, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people”--therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around--therefore thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country.’ ” Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations.’ Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: ‘I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame.
“But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. I will multiply men upon you, all the hiuse of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt.” ’ ” (Ezekiel 36:1-10)

Here, we need to notice the words, “all the house of Israel, all of it.” In the Hebrew text, the word “כֹּל,” “kol” in our alphabet, is doubled, stressing that the meaning is absolutely all of “the house of Israel.” Yet the return from Babylon was only a very small part of “the house of Judah.”

We also need to notice that the promised return was to “the mountains of Israel,” along with “the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around.” (Ezekiel 36:4) And eleven chapters later, God went so far as to define the future borders of that land.

“Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘These are the borders by which you shall divide the land as an inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel. Joseph shall have two portions. You shall inherit it equally with one another; for I raised My hand in an oath to give it to your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance. This shall be the border of the land on the north: from the Great Sea, by the road to Hethlon, as one goes to Zedad, Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim (which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath), to Hazar Hatticon (which is on the border of Hauran). Thus the boundary shall be from the Sea to Hazar Enan, the border of Damascus; and as for the north, northward, it is the border of Hamath. This is the north side. On the east side you shall mark out the border from between Hauran and Damascus, and between Gilead and the land of Israel, along the Jordan, and along the eastern side of the sea. This is the east side. The south side, toward the South, shall be from Tamar to the waters of Meribah by Kadesh, along the brook to the Great Sea. This is the south side, toward the South. The west side shall be the Great Sea, from the southern boundary until one comes to a point opposite Hamath. This is the west side.’ ” (Ezekiel 47:13-20)

This is nothing less than the definition of a specific plot of real estate, first by description (chapter 36) and then by precisely specifying its borders. (chapter 47) Some people demand why we are so interested in a mere plot of real estate on the other side of the world. And the answer, of course, is, because God is so interested in it. We can hardly overstress the fact that God has explicitly promised this specific plot of real estate to a particular “nation.” And that promise is unconditional.

But in spite of all these explicitly stated scriptures, there are many who imagine that this is only symbolic language. That when the prophetic scriptures say “Israel,” they mean “the church,” and when they speak of “the land,” they mean “heaven.” Major sources of this erroneous notion that we have not yet examined are the scripture that says “Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, ‘In you all the nations shall be blessed.’ So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.” (Galatians 3:7-9) And another that says, “For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect, because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.” (Romans 4:13-16)

Many reason that, since these scriptures plainly call those who share “the faith of Abraham,” his “sons,” then , when the prophetic scriptures say “Israel,” they mean “the church.” But the Bible does not say that being a child of Abraham by faith makes a person an Israelite. The concept of being “an Israelite by faith” is not taught anywhere in the Bible. This indeed, seems like a reasonable conclusion. But all such reasoning about the scriptures is dangerous. And this notion, which is nothing but mere human reasoning, leads to a seriously false conclusion, that “the church” is “spiritual Israel,” (a term found nowhere in the entire Bible) and thus, that the promises made to the ancient “nation” of “Israel” actually belong to “the church.” This, as we have seen, is seriously wrong, because it makes God out to be a liar. God did not make these promises to His people generally, but to a specific ancient “nation.” And He promised to give that ancient “nation” a specific plot of real estate.

John 1:45-47 And Nathanael said unto him, "Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?" Philip saith unto him, "Come and see." Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and saith of him, "Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!"

John 8:39-40 Jesus saith unto them, "If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham."

Genesis 17:1-14 And Abram was ninety-nine years old, and the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, I am thy God, be well-pleasing before Me, and be blameless: and I will establish My Covenant between Me and thee, and I will multiply thee exceedingly.
... 7 And I will establish My Covenant between thee and thy seed after thee, to their generations, for an Everlasting Covenant, to be thy God, and the God of thy seed after thee. And I will give to thee and to thy seed after thee the land wherein thou sojournest, even all the land of Chanaan for an everlasting possession, and I will be to them a God.
... 9 And God said to Abraam, Thou also shalt fully keep My Covenant, thou and thy seed after thee for their generations. And this is the Covenant which thou shalt fully keep between Me and you, and between thy seed after thee for their generations: every male of you shall be circumcised.LXX

Jeremias 27:4-7 In those days, and at that time, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Juda together; they shall proceed, weeping as they go, seeking the Lord their God. They shall ask the way till they come to Sion, for that way shall they set their face; and they shall come and flee for refuge to the Lord their God; for the Everlasting Covenant shall not be forgotten. My people have been lost sheep: their shepherds thrust them out, they caused them to wander on the mountains: they went from mountain to hill, they forgot their resting-place.LXX

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 22:14-16 Blessed [are] they that do His Commandments,

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Deuteronomy 18:15-19 The Lord thy God shall raise up to thee a prophet of thy brethren, like me; him shall ye hear: 16 according to all things which thou didst desire of the Lord thy God in Choreb in the day of the assembly, saying, We will not again hear the voice of the Lord thy God, and we will not any more see this great fire, and so we shall not die. 17 And the Lord said to me, They have spoken rightly all that they have said to thee. 18 I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren, like thee; and I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them as I shall command Him. 19 And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in My name, I will take vengeance on him.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him that sent Me. 45 And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His Commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth Me not keepeth not My words: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these words of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these words of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Upvote 0