Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, only today then I realized the NIV inserted the term "Israel" into this verse.

No wonder you are unable to distinguish the difference between Israel and the Body of Christ.

I was not aware of that either. However, that is what is meant in context. Just one chapter earlier in the same letter to the Ephesians, Paul gives the details of what he means, in that, the Gentiles were once alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, but now, through Christ, we are made the two are now made one in Christ.

Ephesians 2:11-22 (WEB) 11 Therefore remember that once you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “uncircumcision” by that which is called “circumcision” (in the flesh, made by hands), 12 that you were at that time separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of the promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and broke down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in his flesh the hostility, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man of the two, making peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, having killed the hostility through it. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far off and to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and of the household of God, 20 being built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone; 21 in whom the whole building, fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord; 22 in whom you also are built together for a habitation of God in the Spirit.

Now, when you get to Ephesians 3:6, it states that all the nations are members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

What body is meant? The body is Israel - Holy Root through whom the promises were made, and of which faithful Jews are natural branches of. The Gentiles are grafted in by faith. And so Jew and Gentile together exist in the same Holy Root. by which we are grafted into the same tree with the Jews as one body.

Romans 11:16-21 (WEB) 16 If the first fruit is holy, so is the lump. If the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 But if some of the branches (individual Jews who fell away vs 22) were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree, 18 don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.” 20 True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don’t be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God didn’t spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 See then the goodness and severity of God. Toward those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness; otherwise you also will be cut off. . . 25 For I don’t desire you to be ignorant, brothers, of this mystery, so that you won’t be wise in your own conceits, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and so all Israel will be saved.

There exists now only one body, one faith, one Spirit - Jew and Gentile together in Christ Jesus as Paul continues to say in his letter to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (WEB) 4 There is one body and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all, and in us all.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then there were at least a few people indwelled with the Spirit, in some way, before the New Covenant was completed at Calvary. It may have been a precursor to what happened on the Day of Pentecost. However, the scripture below cannot be ignored. John the Baptist was indwelled with the Spirit from his mother's womb. This was no doubt a miraculous gift from God to this special man who would announce the coming of the Messiah.

I have heard others argue before that nobody was indwelled with the Spirit before the Day of Pentecost. However, there are a few exceptions below.

Remember that the Holy Spirit stands outside of space and time.

Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

I read those Passages already and responded to them. None of those Passages state or teach that the Spirit was given to them because they believed.

Rather, in those instances, the Spirit was given - temporarily or permanently - in order to fulfill a function; such as, to prophecy, or to function as a prophet, or a king, or a special Leader for Israel.

We all know about this. This is common knowledge. However, the OT prophesies regarding the pouring out of the Spirit are for the New Covenant.

Read Acts of the Apostles 2.

The promise of the Spirit is for the New Covenant.

John 7:37-39 (WEB)
37 Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! (continuous) 38 He who believes (continuous) in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus wasn’t yet glorified.

Look again at the words in red. What do they read?

Being born again is only for the New Covenant - after the resurrection of Lord Jesus:

1 Peter 1:3 (WEB)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look again at the words in red. What do they read?

Look again at the words below. What do they read?

They prove there were at least a few exceptions to what you are claiming.

Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

===============================

The audience below is all of those who were at the feast within the hearing range of Christ. Some of those would believe in Him in the future, and some would not. After His sacrifice at Calvary, some of these people would receive the Spirit after they came to faith in Christ.

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look again at the words below. What do they read?

They prove there were at least a few exceptions to what you are claiming.

Does this Passage say that all the Israelites were filled with the Spirit, or did God only put his Holy Spirit in Moses to guide Israel as God's channel of communication to them?

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Is every person filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, or did God have a special plan for John that was unique for him?

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Yes, Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit after she felt the babe leap inside her. She then prophesied regarding John, and Mary, and her child. That was a temporary filling so she could prophecy.

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Same thing as with Elisabeth, in that, Zacharias was temporarily filled with the Spirit so he could prophecy.

None of these examples has anything to do with the Old Covenant prophecies about the coming New Covenant in the Spirit.

===============================

The audience below is all of those who were at the feast within the hearing range of Christ. Some of those would believe in Him in the future, and some would not. After His sacrifice at Calvary, some of these people would receive the Spirit after they came to faith in Christ.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The Spirit was not yet given because Lord Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Those who were believing did not receive the Spirit yet because Lord Jesus had not yet been glorified.

John 16:7 (WEB) Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

The Holy Spirit began to be poured out on believers on the Day of Pentecost, starting in the Upper Room, after Lord Jesus was glorified. SEE again Acts 2

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was not aware of that either. However, that is what is meant in context. Just one chapter earlier in the same letter to the Ephesians, Paul gives the details of what he means, in that, the Gentiles were once alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, but now, through Christ, we are made the two are now made one in Christ.

Ephesians 2:11-22 (WEB) 11 Therefore remember that once you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “uncircumcision” by that which is called “circumcision” (in the flesh, made by hands), 12 that you were at that time separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of the promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and broke down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in his flesh the hostility, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man of the two, making peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, having killed the hostility through it. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far off and to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and of the household of God, 20 being built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone; 21 in whom the whole building, fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord; 22 in whom you also are built together for a habitation of God in the Spirit.

Now, when you get to Ephesians 3:6, it states that all the nations are members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

What body is meant? The body is Israel - Holy Root through whom the promises were made, and of which faithful Jews are natural branches of. The Gentiles are grafted in by faith. And so Jew and Gentile together exist in the same Holy Root. by which we are grafted into the same tree with the Jews as one body.

Romans 11:16-21 (WEB) 16 If the first fruit is holy, so is the lump. If the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 But if some of the branches (individual Jews who fell away vs 22) were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree, 18 don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.” 20 True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don’t be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God didn’t spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 See then the goodness and severity of God. Toward those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness; otherwise you also will be cut off. . . 25 For I don’t desire you to be ignorant, brothers, of this mystery, so that you won’t be wise in your own conceits, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and so all Israel will be saved.

There exists now only one body, one faith, one Spirit - Jew and Gentile together in Christ Jesus as Paul continues to say in his letter to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (WEB) 4 There is one body and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all, and in us all.

In the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor gentile, so the distinction is never between Jews and gentiles.

However, there is a distinction to be made between Israel and the Body of Christ, as Paul did in Romans 9 to Romans 11, especially Romans 11:25-27

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

The multiple references to a future event through the word shall, all indicate that for the nation Israel, their salvation, and the forgiveness of their sins, only comes in the future.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor gentile, so the distinction is never between Jews and gentiles.

However, there is a distinction to be made between Israel and the Body of Christ, as Paul did in Romans 9 to Romans 11, especially Romans 11:25-27

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

The multiple references to a future event through the word shall, all indicate that for the nation Israel, their salvation, and the forgiveness of their sins, only comes in the future.

I agree that physical Israel - those faithful Jews that do not believe in the Gospel of Christ - during the end times - God will deal with them according to His promises made through the prophets.

Daniel 12:11-12 (WEB) 11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

After the Battle of Armageddon, those 1/3 of the faithful Jews in Israel who survived, reaching to the end of 1,335 days, will see the Millennial Reign of Christ on earth, and will take part in that blessed event.

As you say, Jews and Gentiles who do believe in Lord Jesus are one body, and have the same promises, hope, faith, and Spirit. During the Millennial reign, resurrected Christians will rule the nations with Lord Jesus.

Revelation 20:6 (WEB) 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that physical Israel - those faithful Jews that do not believe in the Gospel of Christ - during the end times - God will deal with them according to His promises made through the prophets.

Daniel 12:11-12 (WEB) 11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

After the Battle of Armageddon, those 1/3 of the faithful Jews in Israel who survived, reaching to the end of 1,335 days, will see the Millennial Reign of Christ on earth, and will take part in that blessed event.

As you say, Jews and Gentiles who do believe in Lord Jesus are one body, and have the same promises, hope, faith, and Spirit. During the Millennial reign, resurrected Christians will rule the nations with Lord Jesus.

Revelation 20:6 (WEB) 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.

Interesting, your first paragraph indicates that you do believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the Body of Christ?

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, your first paragraph indicates that you do believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the Body of Christ?

Actually, the rapture is pre-wrath. God cuts short the tribulation of antichrist lest all the Jews are killed. At that time, the saints are raptured, and then God pours out His wrath on the nations, which includes the Battle of Armageddon.

Matthew 24:29-31 (ESV) 29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the rapture is pre-wrath. God cuts short the tribulation of antichrist lest all the Jews are killed. At that time, the saints are raptured, and then God pours out His wrath on the nations, which includes the Battle of Armageddon.

Matthew 24:29-31 (ESV) 29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Again, is that a yes or no answer to my question?

You may think you are clear in your answer, but always remember, your readers cannot read your mind.

A yes or no would be appreciated, thanks.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, is that a yes or no answer to my question?

You may think you are clear in your answer, but always remember, your readers cannot read your mind.

A yes or no would be appreciated, thanks.

To make it more clear for you and others, the rapture is not pretribulation; rather, rapture is prewrath.

God cuts short the tribulation of antichrist lest all the Jews are killed. At that time, the saints are raptured, and then God pours out His wrath on the nations, which includes the Battle of Armageddon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To make it more clear for you and others, the rapture is not pretribulation; rather, rapture is prewrath.

God cuts short the tribulation of antichrist lest all the Jews are killed. At that time, the saints are raptured, and then God pours out His wrath on the nations, which includes the Battle of Armageddon.

So you believe in a mid-trib rapture, is that a yes or no?

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you believe in a mid-trib rapture, is that a yes or no?

No. The tribulation lasts 3 1/2 years (1,290 days or 42 months).

Daniel 12:11-12 (WEB) 11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

Revelation 13:3-6 (WEB) 3 One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast. 4 They worshiped the dragon, because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?” 5 A mouth speaking great things and blasphemy was given to him. Authority to make war for forty-two months was given to him. 6 He opened his mouth for blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his dwelling, those who dwell in heaven.

Many believe the Tribulation lasts 7 years. Not true.

The antichrist will make a peace treaty with Israel for 7 years That is not the tribulation. In the middle of the 7 year peace treaty, the antichrist will break the agreement and begin to persecute and kill the Jews and then the Christians for 3 1/2 years, or 1,290 days or 42 months.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the middle of the 7 year peace treaty, the antichrist will break the agreement and begin to persecute and kill the Jews and then the Christians for 3 1/2 years, or 1,290 days or 42 months.

Alright, since you believe Christians will also be persecuted and killed by the antichrist, you don't believe in any pre-trib rapture.

So when you earlier claim that

You are still not distinguishing between Israel and the Body of Christ. God dealing with physical Israel, also include Christians in the Body of Christ

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
setst777 said:
In the middle of the 7 year peace treaty, the antichrist will break the agreement and begin to persecute and kill the Jews and then the Christians for 3 1/2 years, or 1,290 days or 42 months.

Alright, since you believe Christians will also be persecuted and killed by the antichrist, you don't believe in any pre-trib rapture.

So when you earlier claim that

setst777 said:

You are still not distinguishing between Israel and the Body of Christ. God dealing with physical Israel, also include Christians in the Body of Christ

The distinction was clearly made. Read again my quotes that you referred to. I highlighted the portion you may have missed.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The distinction was clearly made. Read again my quotes that you referred to. I highlighted the portion you may have missed.

If you believe that Christians in the Body of Christ will also be facing the tribulation, the period when God is dealing with physical Israel, then you are not making any distinction between Israel and the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you believe that Christians in the Body of Christ will also be facing the tribulation, then you are not making any distinction.

Likely hundreds of millions of Christians will be martyred by the antichrist government during the tribulation.

Revelation 7:9-14 (WEB)
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could count, out of every nation and of all tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands. 10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation be to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
11 All the angels were standing around the throne, the elders, and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before his throne, and worshiped God, 12 saying, “Amen! Blessing, glory, wisdom, thanksgiving, honor, power, and might, be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
13 One of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are arrayed in the white robes, who are they, and where did they come from?
14 I told him, “My lord, you know.”
He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb’s blood.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Likely hundreds of millions of Christians will be martyred by the antichrist government during the tribulation.

Revelation 7:9-14 (WEB)
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could count, out of every nation and of all tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands. 10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation be to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
11 All the angels were standing around the throne, the elders, and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before his throne, and worshiped God, 12 saying, “Amen! Blessing, glory, wisdom, thanksgiving, honor, power, and might, be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
13 One of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are arrayed in the white robes, who are they, and where did they come from?
14 I told him, “My lord, you know.”
He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb’s blood.

Yes, Covenant Theologians believe that Israel also includes those gentiles who believe in Christ.

So naturally, they believe in post-trib rapture.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Covenant Theologians believe that Israel also includes those gentiles who believe in Christ.

So naturally, they believe in post-trib rapture.

Jews who believe in Lord Jesus, along with the Gentiles, are Christians. All Christians all of one body, one Spirit, faith, one hope, one baptism.

The faithful Jews, the ones not Christians, God will deal with. God saves physical Israel at the Battle of Armageddon, and then they live into the Millennial Reign of Christ on earth.

Zechariah 12:1-14
1 A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel.
The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: 2 “I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness,” declares the Lord. “I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, ‘The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.’
6 “On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.
7 “The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.
10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be as great as the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.

Resurrected Christians will reign with Christ 1000 years over the nations.

Revelation 20:2-4 (WEB)
2 He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time. 4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as didn’t worship the beast nor his image, and didn’t receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead didn’t live until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This all fulfills the promises made to Israel...

Zechariah 1:17 (WEB)
17 “Proclaim further, saying, ‘Yahweh of Armies says: “My cities will again overflow with prosperity, and Yahweh will again comfort Zion, and will again choose Jerusalem.”’”

Zechariah 2:12 (WEB)
12 Yahweh will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land, and will again choose Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jews who believe in Lord Jesus, along with the Gentiles, are Christians. All Christians all of one body, one Spirit, faith, one hope, one baptism.

The faithful Jews, the ones not Christians, God will deal with. God saves physical Israel at the Battle of Armageddon, and then they live into the Millennial Reign of Christ on earth.

Zechariah 12:1-14
1 A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel.
The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: 2 “I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness,” declares the Lord. “I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, ‘The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.’
6 “On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.
7 “The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.
10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be as great as the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.

Resurrected Christians will reign with Christ 1000 years over the nations.

Revelation 20:2-4 (WEB)
2 He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time. 4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as didn’t worship the beast nor his image, and didn’t receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead didn’t live until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This all fulfills the promises made to Israel...

Zechariah 1:17 (WEB)
17 “Proclaim further, saying, ‘Yahweh of Armies says: “My cities will again overflow with prosperity, and Yahweh will again comfort Zion, and will again choose Jerusalem.”’”

Zechariah 2:12 (WEB)
12 Yahweh will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land, and will again choose Jerusalem.

Yep, what you are saying confirmed you are a Covenant Theologian.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does this Passage say that all the Israelites were filled with the Spirit, or did God only put his Holy Spirit in Moses to guide Israel as God's channel of communication to them?

I never said otherwise.

Do you think all of the Israelites who crossed the Red Sea were saved?
How about Korah and the others who rebelled against Moses? Did they go to heaven when the ground swallowed them?

Do you believe the Old Testament Saints will be a part of the kingdom of God found in verse 5 below?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Joh 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Did Jesus say in John 3:5 that even the OT Saints must be "born again" to be a part of the kingdom of God? Is this something Nicodemus should have known, based on verse 10?

Upvote 0