God's TEN Commandments: Keep them? or break them?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well, you do, indeed, have a dilemma. The Bible says, as you have selectively quoted, "all mankind". Why is it, then that even God's own covenant people, Israel, do not have Protestant-style worship services with children's classes on Saturday?
YHWH'S people in Israel, in china, wherever they are,
live by faith in Y'SHUA , right ?
Wherever they are, they will serve YHWH as they have seen and heard, in line with YHWH'S WORD and HIS Revelation of Y'SHUA and in Y'SHUA - as much of YHWH'S WORD describes all through SCRIPTURE - TORAH, OT, PROPHETS, PSALMS, and NT.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
YHWH'S people in Israel, in china, wherever they are,
live by faith in Y'SHUA , right ?
Wherever they are, they will serve YHWH as they have seen and heard, in line with YHWH'S WORD and HIS Revelation of Y'SHUA and in Y'SHUA - as much of YHWH'S WORD describes all through SCRIPTURE - TORAH, OT, PROPHETS, PSALMS, and NT.

Absolutely.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If, as you assert, there is a command for "holy convocation" (read that, Protestant-style worship service and classes for children) why is it that the Jews have neglected this command and do absolutely nothing on their Sabbath other than rest?

1. I did not write the Bible -- Lev 23:1-3 says the weekly Sabbath is a day of "holy convocation" and Is 66:23 says "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship". When claim that I am asserting these texts - it appears you view me as the author of scripture. I think that would be a mistake.

2. As for Jews not going to Synagogues on the Sabbath - here again the Bible says you are mistaken notice that in Acts 18:4 the Jew AND the believing Gentiles are in the Synagogues "every Sabbath" hearing the Gospel sermons of Paul.

As we all know - Bible details matter.

Well, you do, indeed, have a dilemma.

Just not in real life. Because as already noted your argument against the bible is not with me - I did not write it.

The Bible says, as you have selectively quoted, "all mankind". Why is it, then that even God's own covenant people, Israel, do not have Protestant-style worship

That is not exegesis.

That is not even remotely a Bible - anything.

But as for Isaiah 66:23 - for all eternity all mankind will finally honor God's Sabbath - once the 2nd coming happens "in the New Earth" when all the wicked are destroyed and only the saints remain.

So then you will be keeping God's Bible Sabbath - for all eternity. Might as well get used to obedience now -- Why wait?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1. I did not write the Bible -- Lev 23:1-3 says the weekly Sabbath is a day of "holy convocation" and Is 66:23 says "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship". When claim that I am asserting these texts - it appears you view me as the author of scripture. I think that would be a mistake.

2. As for Jews not going to Synagogues on the Sabbath - here again the Bible says you are mistaken notice that in Acts 18:4 the Jew AND the believing Gentiles are in the Synagogues "every Sabbath" hearing the Gospel sermons of Paul.

Just not in real life. Because as already noted your argument against the bible is not with me - I did not write it.

That is not exegesis.

But as for Isaiah 66:23 - for all eternity all mankind will finally honor God's Sabbath - once the 2nd coming happens "in the New Earth" when all the wicked are destroyed and only the saints remain.

So then you will be keeping God's Bible Sabbath - for all eternity. Might as well get used to obedience now -- Why wait?

I have not waited at all. I have entered into God's Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4) and am resting from my works even as God rested from His work after the sixth day.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If, as you assert, there is a command for "holy convocation" (read that, Protestant-style worship service and classes for children) why is it that the Jews have neglected this command and do absolutely nothing on their Sabbath other than rest?

The Bible says, as you have selectively quoted, "all mankind". Why is it, then that even God's own covenant people, Israel, do not have Protestant-style worship

That is not exegesis.

But as for Isaiah 66:23 - for all eternity all mankind will finally honor God's Sabbath - once the 2nd coming happens "in the New Earth" when all the wicked are destroyed and only the saints remain. "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL Mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For those Christians who accept the teaching of Christ --

We have this --

Notice what Jesus said about the obligation of others - when it comes to the "Commandment of God" -- the "Word of God" and "Moses said" -- in Mark 7:6-13

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Certainly from their point of view they would never have accused themselves of diminishing the Ten Commandments in the least.

But what does Christ accuse them of doing?

1. Using their own traditions to nullify one of the Ten Commandments.
2. He calls the Ten Commandments "Moses says" -- and "the Word of God" and "the Commandment of God"
3. He argues that even though they do not claim to be setting aside one of the Commandments of God - they in fact are by observing the example he gives in the case of the 5th Commandment.
4. He argues that this is just one example of the many things they do with their traditions - in this way - nullifying the Word of God. Contradicting the Commandment of God - one of the TEN.
5. He states that it nullifies their worship.
6. Jesus is not defending their additions -- he is defending God's Commandments

And notice how Eph 6:2 uses that same Commandment - predicating it's affirmative on the basis of a still valid unit of TEN in which the command to honor Parents is the "FIRST commandment with a promise"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As with so many of the threads it all boils down to this topic -- shall we break God's Ten Commandments or keep them"?

Rom 3:31 - Paul says "Keep them"
Revelation 14:12 - John says "Keep them"
1 Cor 7:19 Paul says "Keep them"

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As with so many of the threads it all boils down to this topic -- shall we break God's Ten Commandments or keep them"?

Rom 3:31 - Paul says "Keep them"
Where?
Revelation 14:12 - John says "Keep them"
Which ones?
1 Cor 7:19 Paul says "Keep them"
Where?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where?Which ones?Where?

bugkiller

The thread says "God's Ten Commandments" - if you read the OP or even page 1.

I think we all saw that part. It was the easy part.

Romans 8:4-9 tells us that the laws are at war with God , do not submit to the Law of God "neither indeed CAN they" - as I am sure we both agree given that we both have access to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James 2 - to break one is to break them all.
Galatians chapter 5 verse 14
The entire law is summed up in a single command, love your neighbor as yourself.
2 Corinthians chapter 3 verse 6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And you have not only broken them all, but continue to break them each and every day.
Actually, that is (as a source) taken from mythology and pagan traditions, and from sorcery , and witchcraft, and heresy,
not from Scripture.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And you have not only broken them all, but continue to break them each and every day.

Are you arguing for -- or against the commandment to not take God's name in vain -- for Christians?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. I did not write the Bible -- Lev 23:1-3 says the weekly Sabbath is a day of "holy convocation" and Is 66:23 says "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship". When claim that I am asserting these texts- it appears you view me as the author of scripture. I think that would be a mistake.
I didn't write the Bible either and Is 65 says in the new Earth men will live to be over 100 unless they are accursed.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

That is not exegesis.

But as for Isaiah 66:23 - for all eternity all mankind will finally honor God's Sabbath - once the 2nd coming happens "in the New Earth" when all the wicked are destroyed and only the saints remain. "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL Mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

I didn't write the Bible either and Is 65 says in the new Earth men will live to be over 100 unless they are accursed.

I agree with you that you did not write the Bible including Isaiah 65.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Galatians chapter 5 verse 14
The entire law is summed up in a single command, love your neighbor as yourself. .

Galatians 5 says this --

14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another. 16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Those who would claim Paul is arguing for taking God's name in vain, or Sabbath breaking, or worship of false gods and images "because he did not include those commands of God in his list" are stopping short of Bible exegesis.

Even the pro-sunday scholars admit that all TEN of the TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant. As this list shows...

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I entirely agree with you on this point. You certainly did not write the Bible, but you and your co-religionists have edited it considerably in order to reduce obedience to God to obeying only ten commandments.
Not so.
Jesus told the disciples even stricter rules - if any man even just looks at a woman with adulery in his heart, that is sin with a death penalty (as all sin has).

Then compare others who reduce it actually to obeying God NOT AT ALL. They usually claim either no commandments, or just 2 commandments, and obey no one. (no one Godly , not God, nor His appointed and/ or anointed men) ....

Upvote 0