WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 7th day rest in the law was first introduce to the Jews after they left Egypt, and this was some 430 years after Abraham:

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

If what you say is true why was Abraham observing to keep Gods 10 commandments?

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only rest that remains is a permanent state of rest from our works, just as God’s rest was a permanent state of rest from His works: “for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own works, just as God did from His.” -- (Hebrews 4:1-10).

Yup Doveaman. Now alls we gotta do is see how God rested from His own works and then do the same

HEBREWS 4 [4] For he spake in a certain place of THE SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY from all his works

Yup. God rested the 7th day. The sabbath. Pretty simple

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did you find that quote?

My bible reads differently:

"It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail." -- (Luke 16:17).

Im shocked

Anyways the real bible says

Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Im gonna go out on a limb here.... Im still standing on Gods green earth. Right?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nah. That aint the most bizarre

In Acts 12:4 the Greek word, "pascha" (*Strong's number 3957) is translated "Easter" instead of the correct translation of "Passover". Everywhere else the same exact word is translated Passover
Hello WW.

A very good example but not as extreme as the translation of asynthetos.

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The seventh-day rest was only a temporary shadow pointing forward to the permanent reality of God's Sabbath rest that is found only in Christ:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ."
-- (Colossians 2:16-17).

out of the bible

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

The above scripture is used by the “many” to distance themselves from Gods sabbath day. Its also their biggy to eat their piggy. But what is Col.2{16} really talking about.

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Heres a scripture, same exact order as Col.2{16}, meat, drink, holy days (feast days), new moons, sabbaths. So Doveaman, tell me what Zeke 45 is talking about

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
out of the bible

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

The above scripture is used by the “many” to distance themselves from Gods sabbath day. Its also their biggy to eat their piggy. But what is Col.2{16} really talking about.

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Heres a scripture, same exact order as Col.2{16}, meat, drink, holy days (feast days), new moons, sabbaths. So Doveaman, tell me what Zeke 45 is talking about

Heres a hint

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE {shadow} for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not surprised that your book says "obsolete"

HEBREWS 8 [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

But the bible says its growing old. Well..... im growing old but im not obsolete
Lol
And im still here!
Are you still employed/working or are you retired/obsolete? :D
Not ten?

1JOHN 5 [2] By this WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3] For THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: and his commandments are not grievous.

Better start keeping the 10 don't ya think
I don't see a 10 in that verse.

It seems to me that every time you see "commandments" you automatically assume a 10 is missing, and then you go ahead and stick a 10 in there o_O, even though the verse does not say 10.

How convenient.
According to the scriptures Jesus did not do away with the law but made the law greater. He magnified the law to a spiritual level. He made the 10 commandments even harder to keep.
Now why would Jesus go and make life more difficult for us? :scratch:
Wasn't the 10 commandments hard enough already?
OLD LETTER- Thou shalt not kill
NEW SPIRIT- Don’t even get angry.

OLD LETTER- Thou shalt not commit adultery
NEW SPIRIT- Do not look on a woman to lust.

So you can see that Jesus did not do away with the letter of the law.
So it is your view that we are still under the letter of the old covenant and also under the Spirit of the new covenant. :confused:

Fortunately, scriptures say otherwise: "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant — not of the letter but of the Spirit"..."By calling this covenant "new," He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear." -- (2 Corinthians 3:6-8, Hebrews 8:13).
Common sense will tell ya in order to walk in the spirit of the law you must also be walking in the letter.
But Christians do not rely on common sense: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." -- (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Walking in the letter is to live by the 10 commandments.
Walking in the Spirit is to live by faith in Christ, who is the Spirit:
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." -- (2 Corinthians 3:17).
To walk in the Spirit is to be free from walking in the letter.
Jesus made the commandments even harder to keep and more honorable.
If it is harder to keep, then it is less honorable, since Jesus said that our burdens would be lighter and easier: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest....For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -- (Matthew 11:28-30).
As we can see in above scriptures Doveaman we are now to walk in the spirit of the law. If we walk only in the letter of the law this will lead to death, but if we walk in the spirit of the law this leads to life.

You like to claim Jesus got rid of His law but scripture says He magnified the law. He took the letter of the law (which leads to death) and magnified the law to a spiritual level (which leads to life).
Magnifying God's law isn't merely expanding 10 commandments to a spiritual level.

God's law is eternal. The law of 10 commandment is not God's eternal law.
God's eternal law is the law that God Himself lived by even before the universe was created.
God's eternal law is the law that God Himself lived by from eternity, an eternity in which only the Father and Son existed.
To magnify God's law is to exalt and observe God's law in its eternal state, the state in which it was before time began.
The 10 commandment law has no relevance in an eternity in which only God existed.
The Sabbath day law has no relevance in an eternity in which days did not exist.
The law against adultery has no relevance in an eternity in which marriage did not exist.
The 10 commandment law required behavior that was only a reflection of God's eternal law, but was not the fulfillment of God's eternal law:

“The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” -- (Romans 13:9-10).

The fulfillment of God's eternal law is Love.
Love is the eternal law that God Himself lived by from eternity, because God Himself is Love:
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -- (1 John 4:7-8).

Under the old covenant, the law of the letter commanded behavior that was only a reflection of God's eternal law.
Under the new covenant, the law of the Spirit inspires the Love that is the fulfillment of God's eternal law.

"The acts of the sinful nature are obvious...But the fruit of the Spirit is love..." -- (Galatians 5:19-23).

Last edited:
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
“In that He says, ‘A new covenant,’ He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.” -- (Hebrews 8:13).

The author said the old covenant is ready to vanish away after saying it has been made obsolete.
I think he is referring to the fact that some still choose to live by the old covenant despite that fact that it has been made obsolete. Even you are still clinging to the old covenant, so it has not yet vanished away for you, even though it has been made obsolete.

The reason why the old covenant is called old is because it is outdated and no longer required. We are now under a new covenant: “He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant — not of the letter but of the Spirit" -- (2 Corinthians 3:6-8).

Those who are under the new covenant don’t need the old one. .

The "old Covenant" is of the form "Obey and live" -- it is the LAW of God still-condemning the entire world as Romans 3:19-20 points out. To this very day. For all have sinned according to the LAW of God.

and.... "Sin IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4 - EVEN in the NT.

Hence it is "still sin" to take God's name in vain.

Obviously.

But the NEW covenant of Jer 31:31-33 says that God takes that same LAW and "Writes it on the heart and mind" -- Hebrews 8:6-10 points out that it is UNCHANGED since the time that Jeremiah wrote it.

And what "LAW" of God did Jeremiah and his readers know about? (Exegesis is king) -- That LAW includes the God's Commandments - God's TEN Commandments.

Paul points this out in Romans 7 but very specifically in Eph 6:2 where we are reminded that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment" in that still-valid unit of TEN - "with a promise"

Bottom line -- it is "still" a sin to take God's name in vain.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "old Covenant" is of the form "Obey and live" -- it is the LAW of God still-condemning the entire world as Romans 3:19-20 points out. To this very day. For all have sinned according to the LAW of God.

Obviously.

But the NEW covenant of Jer 31:31-33 says that God takes that same LAW and "Writes it on the heart and mind" -- Hebrews 8:6-10 points out that it is UNCHANGED since the time that Jeremiah wrote it.

And what "LAW" of God did Jeremiah and his readers know about? (Exegesis is king) -- That LAW includes the God's Commandments - God's TEN Commandments.

Paul points this out in Romans 7 but very specifically in Eph 6:2 where we are reminded that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment" in that still-valid unit of TEN - "with a promise"

Okay, you are telling us Torah is what is written on/in our hearts. Lets do a breakdown of some of Torah. Obey the 10 commandments, love your fellow Israelite, keep Holy all the special days God gave Israel, build a temple, use the tribe of Levi as priests in the temple. Those who raise crops and animals are to support the priesthood by giving them 10% of there increase on hoof or on wagon. Men are not to cut sideburns and are to wear tassels on the four corners of their garments and the garments are to be of one material. Women are to be sent out of camp during their uncleanliness and on and on.

This is what God want Christians to have written on/in our hearts? It would be insane to believe such a thing. The covenant God gave to Israel was not about life everlasting. It was about laws that would be followed while living in Canaan. Christians have homes, we are not living in Canaan under the laws God gave to only Israel. Come on Bob lets get real. The old covenant was about living in Canaan, the new covenant is about preparing ourselves for life in Heaven. They cannot be the same covenant. You are so engrossed in trying to prove that we must observe Sabbath that you are ignoring the real facts.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Okay, you are telling us Torah is what is written on/in our hearts.

Even the pro-Sunday scholars admit that the Ten Commandments are included in what is written on the heart under the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-33 "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind".

Jeremiah is the one writing in Jeremiah 31. Not "me".

Your argument is "with the text".

For the rest of us (including even the pro-Sunday scholars) it is a matter of exegesis.

As a result we can still conclude that it is "sin to take the name of God in vain" -- EVEN though a Hindu or atheist would argue that our God is not really the one true God.

Again - I would point out that this is - obvious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even the pro-Sunday scholars admit that the Ten Commandments are included in what is written on the heart under the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-33 "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind".

Jeremiah is the one writing in Jeremiah 31. Not "me".

Your argument is "with the text".

For the rest of us (including even the pro-Sunday scholars) it is a matter of exegesis.

As a result we can still conclude that it is "sin to take the name of God in vain" -- EVEN though a Hindu or atheist would argue that our God is not really the one true God.

Again - I would point out that this is - obvious.
How about addressing my post Bob. You always seem to have some sort of diversion to keep from the real issue. I am not as dumb as I may look brother.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How about addressing my post Bob.

How about addressing mine.

You always seem to have some sort of diversion to keep from doing that.

IN the case above you proposed an argument "with the text" of Jeremiah 31:31-33 and try to position the text as "me" speaking asking me to defend it. Why would I go along with such short-sighted suggestion in the first place? Why not deal with the text - as it is? (instead)

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

If what you say is true why was Abraham observing to keep Gods 10 commandments?
In light of Deuteronomy 5:3 how can this be possible?

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yup Doveaman. Now alls we gotta do is see how God rested from His own works and then do the same

HEBREWS 4 [4] For he spake in a certain place of THE SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY from all his works

Yup. God rested the 7th day. The sabbath. Pretty simple
Wonder why it doesn't say God rested on the sabbath?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Im shocked

Anyways the real bible says

Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Im gonna go out on a limb here.... Im still standing on Gods green earth. Right?
The real Bible also says in Luke 24

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
out of the bible

The sabbath isn't a holyday? Then what is the sabbath?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Heres a hint

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE {shadow} for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation
"carnal ordinances"

The law is 100% carnal regulating the body of flesh bypassing the spirit.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lol
I don't see a 10 in that verse.

It seems to me that every time you see "commandments" you automatically assume a 10 is missing, and then you go ahead and stick a 10 in there o_O, even though the verse does not say 10.

How convenient.
Now why would Jesus go and make life more difficult for us? :scratch:
Wasn't the 10 commandments hard enough already?
So it is your view that we are still under the letter of the old covenant and also under the Spirit of the new covenant. :confused:

Fortunately, scriptures say otherwise: "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant — not of the letter but of the Spirit"..."By calling this covenant "new," He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear." -- (2 Corinthians 3:6-8, Hebrews 8:13).
But Christians do not rely on common sense: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." -- (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Walking in the letter is to live by the 10 commandments.
Walking in the Spirit is to live by faith in Christ, who is the Spirit:
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." -- (2 Corinthians 3:17).
To walk in the Spirit is to be free from walking in the letter.
If it is harder to keep, then it is less honorable, since Jesus said that our burdens would be lighter and easier: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest....For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -- (Matthew 11:28-30).
Magnifying God's law isn't merely expanding 10 commandments to a spiritual level.

God's law is eternal. The law of 10 commandment is not God's eternal law.
God's eternal law is the law that God Himself lived by even before the universe was created.
God's eternal law is the law that God Himself lived by from eternity, an eternity in which only God existed.
To magnify God's law is to exalt and observe God's law in its eternal state, the state in which it was before time began.
The 10 commandment law has no relevance in an eternity in which only God existed.
The Sabbath day law has no relevance in an eternity in which days did not exist.
The law against adultery has no relevance in an eternity in which marriage did not exist.
The 10 commandment law required behavior that was only a reflection of God's eternal law, but was not the fulfillment of God's eternal law:

“The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” -- (Romans 13:9-10).

The fulfillment of God's eternal law is Love.
Love is the eternal law that God Himself lived by from eternity, because God Himself is Love:
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -- (1 John 4:7-8).

Under the old covenant, the law of the letter commanded behavior that was only a reflection of God's eternal law.
Under the new covenant, the law of the Spirit inspires the Love that is the fulfillment of God's eternal law.

"The acts of the sinful nature are obvious...But the fruit of the Spirit is love..." -- (Galatians 5:19-23).
Dang you're excellent.

Love it!

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "old Covenant" is of the form "Obey and live"
We do not live by obedience to the old covenant law, but by faith in Jesus Christ: "For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath....Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed" -- (Romans 4:14-16).
it is the LAW of God still-condemning the entire world as Romans 3:19-20 points out. To this very day. For all have sinned according to the LAW of God.
But that is precisely the point.
Why would you want to be under a law that condemns the world?
It is for this very reason that God got rid of the old covenant letter of the law, it is because the old covenant law condemns the world, and God does not want the world to be condemned:

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant — not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory...will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?" -- (2 Corinthians 3:6-8).

The old covenant law of Ten Commandments, which was engraved in letters on stone, only brought death, and this is the very reason the old covenant law was made obsolete: "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant"..."By calling this covenant 'new,' He has made the first one obsolete." -- (2 Corinthians 3:6-8, Hebrews 8:13).
A better translation would be: “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.” -- (1 John 3:4 - NKJV).

Sin is not merely the transgression of the letter of the law. Sin existed in the world long before the letter of the law was given: “Sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned – for before the law was given, sin was in the world.” -- (Romans 5:12-13).

Sin was in the world through Satan and through Adam before the letter of law was given. So sin cannot merely be the transgression of a law that came after the sin. The letter of the law was given to the Jews to reveal the knowledge of the sin that was already in the world:

“Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law, for through the law is the knowledge of sin…Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law.’” -- (Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7).

The purpose of the letter of the law was to reveal the knowledge of sin which was already in the world. Therefore, sin is not merely the transgression of the law since sin existed in the world long before the letter of the law was given.

Obviously.
Love is the fulfillment God’s eternal law: “Whatever other commandment there may be, are all summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” -- (Romans 13:9-10).

The reason we do not take God’s name in vain is because we love God, and not merely because we are trying to obey a law. The command not to take God’s name in vain is fulfilled through our love for God, because love is the fulfillment of the law, even for those who do not have the letter of the law:

“For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts” -- (Romans 2:14-15).

The requirements of the law is love. Gentiles who have love are fulfilling the requirements of God’s eternal law, even though they do not have, and never had, the letter of the law.

And what "LAW" of God did Jeremiah and his readers know about? (Exegesis is king) -- That LAW includes the God's Commandments - God's Ten Commandments
What do you mean "UNCHANGED"? o_O

I think you are misrepresenting both Hebrews and Jeremiah’s writings:

“For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for a second. But God found fault with the people and said: ‘The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt’” -- (Hebrews 8:7-9).

Hebrews and Jeremiah is telling us that the new covenant “will not be like” the old covenant that was made with the forefathers who came out of Egypt. So you are misrepresenting both Hebrews and Jeremiah when you say “it is UNCHANGED”.
Paul in Ephesians 6:2-3 is not encouraging old covenant law keeping. Paul is simply emphasizing the importance of honoring our parents under the new covenant, just as it was important to do so under the old covenant. We honor our parents because we love them, and not merely because we are trying to keep a law.
That’s correct. And those who love God will not sin by taking His name in vain, because our love for God overcomes the sin, even without the law: “The fruit of the Spirit is love...against such there is no law.” -- (Galatians 5:22-23).

A better description of sin is that sin is the transgression of God's love, because love is the fulfillment of the law: "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -- (1 John 4:7-8).

Those who are governed by God's love have no need for the letter of the law, because love is the fulfillment of the law: "A new commandment I give you: Love one another; as I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another." -- (John 13:34-35).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.