Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She wants to go back outside. Nope. Too many nocturnal wild animals about. That ferral kitten I was feeding disappeared. Haven't seen her for about 4 to 5 days. :(
I guess someone else is feeding her. Otherwise she would have returned

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At the age of ten I responded to an altar call. I had been a normal, healthy kid up until then, but all that was about to change. I started to become aware if my sin/ faults before God for the first time in my life( even at that age) For the law had been placed in my most inward parts.
I knew Jesus died for me, but I obviously could not go around living a life of sin, so the sin must cease. I didn't realise at that age, I was determining to obey the law in order to remain in a saved state, I was young. And so I set out to live a life without sin/ observe the law. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. And I was raised in a church that preached the fulness of the Holy Spirit for believers. The happiness I had before I got saved was starting to disappear, as guilt crept in due to my failure not to sin/ observe the law.
Then I reached puberty, with it came impure thoughts. Though I did not understand the true meaning of the letter of : thou shalt not covet, the true meaning was in my heart and mind, for i knew impure thoughts were sin. I started to fear hell due to my sin/ failing to observe the law, for Christians could not expect to remain in a saved state if they kept sinning.
Guilt, fear and shame overcame me. Why couldn't I be like the people who preached obedience, and gave every outward appearance they themselves fully obeyed Gods laws? I myself on the outside could appear faultless before others at church. I just believed the other churchgoers must be faultless on the Inside due to the impression they gave. I knew I was not.
I became heavy, consumed by fear that I would be cast into hell due to my imperfections. The sin increased, I became full of all manner of concupiscence. I couldn't possibly rationalise at that age that I was trying to attain heaven as Saul the pharisee tried to attain it. Hence I got the same result he got( rom7:7-11)
Was I just a worse sinner than others in the church who preached and appeared to live sinless lives/ always observing the law?
Did I understand the full demands involved in obeying Gods laws while others did not? But how is that possible? The same law is written on everyone's mind and placed in everyones heart?
Or, did I just fully believe I must observe the law to remain in a saved state, whilst others said they believed it, but didn't fully mean it?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope so. Good night, again. Too bad you are stuck at home on your holiday.
I love where I live. You can walk for miles alongside a path by the river, often surrounded by trees. It's so peaceful, and healthy. Weather permitting of course. Which in England is often a problem

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your post. Here are some more comments for you to consider below.
It seems you cannot see the forest because of all the trees. Loving others as Jesus loves us contains all of the laws concerning morality.
Yes Bob, it is only by love that God, fulfils His Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. If we are breaking God’s commandments however we are not following God.
The 10 commandments contained only 9 ways we can harm our fellow man. Gal 5 lists some more ways and that ain't all my friend. Why you are so hung up thinking the 10 are the epitome of the immoral things man can do to each other boggles my mind. Sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies are a few that Paul mentioned.
Let’s look at the Scriptures;

What is SIN? (see also post 173 linked for more scripture)

1 John 3:4 Sin is the transgression of God’s Law (10 commandments)

Rom 14:23 whatsoever is not of faith is sin. If God asks us to do something and we do not do it than it is sin.

Now…

Gal 5:19-21,

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21, Envying, murders, drunkenness, revelling, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

All of the above can be traced back to one of the 10 commandments

Commandments 1-2 (Ex 20:3-5) = Serving other God’s and Idols = Idolatry and witchcraft

Witchcraft is the sin of Idolatry and serving other God (Ex 20:3-5)

EXAMPLES:

Mic 5:12-13,
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers: Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

1Ki 16:31-33,

And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him. And he reared up an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, which he had built in Samaria. And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

2Ki 9:22,

And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, what peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?

Rev 2:20

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Commandment 6 (Ex 20:13) = Murder, the cause is Hatred, Variance, Strife, Seditions, and reviling.

Mat 5:22
But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Commandment 7 (Ex 20:14) = Adultery, fornication, lasciviousness

Fornication = unsanctioned or illegal sexual intercourse (sexual immorality) = adultery (Ex 20:14)

Greek meaning of "Fornication" πορνεία; inappropriate contenteia; por-ni'-ah From G4203; harlotry including adultery and incest or illegal sex (sexual immorality); figuratively idolatry: - fornication. The legal use for sex is for the union of man and women in marriage.

The Hebrew meaning of “adultery” is נָאַף; naaph From H5003: defines; to commit adultery; figuratively, to apostatize -- adulterer(-ess), commit(-ing) adultery, breaking wedlock union.

The Hebrew meaning of “fornication” זנה; zânâh; zaw-naw'; From H2181; defines; to commit adultery; figuratively to commit idolatry (the Jewish people being regarded as the spouse of Jehovah): - (cause to) commit fornication, X continually, X great, play the harlot, harlot, (commit, fall to) whoredom, (cause to) go a-whoring, whorish.

BDAG (the Greek Lexicon) defines “fornication” as “unsanctioned sexual intercourseincluding adultery. All unsanctioned sexual intercourse including fornication comes under the sin of Adultery.

The scripture reference and the word “fornication” is in line with “Thou shalt not commit adultery” (Ex 20:14) The sanctioning of a sexual union is only in marriage if you have sexual intercourse (Union) outside of marriage (sanctioned union) you are breaking God’s commandments of committing adultery because you are committing “unsanctioned sexual intercourse which is for the union of man and women in marriage (Gen 2:22-25; Matt 19:4-6). So committing fornication has the same reference to adultery and is and breaking God’s 8th commandments (Ex 20:14).

Commandment 10 (Ex 20:17) = Coveting, Envying etc.
Where is the 10? (1 John 3:4 and In 1 John 3:4)
Bob, already answered in post 462 above and in post 173 addressed to you go read it.
Both of those verses are in context to SIN and SIN is transgression of God’s 10 commandments. Hope it is helpful to you.

What law? (1 John 3:4 whoever committeth sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law)
Bob already answered in post 462 above and in post 173 addressed to you go read it.
Both of those verses are in context to SIN. Hope it is helpful

If we break any of God's commandments whether they are inside the 10 or outside through unbelief we sin against God and are in danger of the Judgement. My prayer is that you and everyone of us can be ready Bob. If we willfully and knowingly break God's Law we are not following God and need to seek him to be ready.

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You didn't answer my question( again)
Do you claim to be sinless in your flesh?
I will answer for myself.
I don't claim to be sinless in my flesh, do you?

Hello Stuart,

I will ask you are question then I will answer you. Do you love Jesus?

In Christ Always!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Stuart,

I will ask you are question then I will answer you. Do you love Jesus?

In Christ Always!
Everyone will note you have promised to answer the question.
Do you claim to be sinless in the flesh.

Yes I love Jesus

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your post. Here are some more comments for you to consider below.

Yes Bob, it is only by love that God, fulfils His Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. If we are breaking God’s commandments however we are not following God.

Let’s look at the Scriptures;

What is SIN? (see also post 173 linked for more scripture)

Rom 14:23 whatsoever is not of faith is sin. If God asks us to do something and we do not do it than it is sin.

Now…

Gal 5:19-21,

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21, Envying, murders, drunkenness, revelling, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Commandments 1-2 (Ex 20:3-5) = Serving other God’s and Idols = Idolatry and witchcraft

Witchcraft is the sin of Idolatry and serving other God (Ex 20:3-5)

EXAMPLES:

Mic 5:12-13,
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers: Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

1Ki 16:31-33,

And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him. And he reared up an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, which he had built in Samaria. And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

2Ki 9:22,

And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, what peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?

Rev 2:20

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Commandment 6 (Ex 20:13) = Murder, the cause is Hatred, Variance, Strife, Seditions, and reviling.

Mat 5:22
But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Commandment 7 (Ex 20:14) = Adultery, fornication, lasciviousness

Fornication = unsanctioned or illegal sexual intercourse (sexual immorality) = adultery (Ex 20:14)

Greek meaning of "Fornication" πορνεία; inappropriate contenteia; por-ni'-ah From G4203; harlotry including adultery and incest or illegal sex (sexual immorality); figuratively idolatry: - fornication. The legal use for sex is for the union of man and women in marriage.

The Hebrew meaning of “adultery” is נָאַף; naaph From H5003: defines; to commit adultery; figuratively, to apostatize -- adulterer(-ess), commit(-ing) adultery, breaking wedlock union.

The Hebrew meaning of “fornication” זנה; zânâh; zaw-naw'; From H2181; defines; to commit adultery; figuratively to commit idolatry (the Jewish people being regarded as the spouse of Jehovah): - (cause to) commit fornication, X continually, X great, play the harlot, harlot, (commit, fall to) whoredom, (cause to) go a-whoring, whorish.

BDAG (the Greek Lexicon) defines “fornication” as “unsanctioned sexual intercourseincluding adultery. All unsanctioned sexual intercourse including fornication comes under the sin of Adultery.

The scripture reference and the word “fornication” is in line with “Thou shalt not commit adultery” (Ex 20:14) The sanctioning of a sexual union is only in marriage if you have sexual intercourse (Union) outside of marriage (sanctioned union) you are breaking God’s commandments of committing adultery because you are committing “unsanctioned sexual intercourse which is for the union of man and women in marriage (Gen 2:22-25; Matt 19:4-6). So committing fornication has the same reference to adultery and is and breaking God’s 8th commandments (Ex 20:14).

Commandment 10 (Ex 20:17) = Coveting, Envying etc.

Bob, already answered in post 462 above and in post 173 addressed to you go read it.
Both of those verses are in context to SIN and SIN is transgression of God’s 10 commandments. Hope it is helpful to you.

Bob already answered in post 462 above and in post 173 addressed to you go read it.
Both of those verses are in context to SIN. Hope it is helpful

If we break any of God's commandments whether they are inside the 10 or outside through unbelief we sin against God and are in danger of the Judgement. My prayer is that you and everyone of us can be ready Bob. If we willfully and knowingly break God's Law we are not following God and need to seek him to be ready.

In Christ Always!
Hello LoveGod'sWord.

I noticed that you transmuted all the works of the flesh into the ten commandments.
What about two of the really popular sins, drunkeness and gluttony, can you trace these back to the nine commandments?

Then you adjusted the text below.
The verse does not specify the ten commandments, the verse just says the law.
Both of those verses are in context to SIN and SIN is transgression of God’s 10 commandments.
At it again, sin is transgression of the law, all 613 laws plus extra rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Everyone will note you have promised to answer the question. Do you claim to be sinless in the flesh. Yes I love Jesus

Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments" The 7th Day Sabbath is one of these

In Christ Always!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments" The 7th Day Sabbath is one of these

In Christ Always!
You promised, and everyone will have noted you promised to answer my question
Do you claim to be sinless in the flesh?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments

In Christ Always!

Carry each others burdens( love them) and so FULFILL the law of Christ
Gal6:2

Not sure how you work into that obeying a set Saturday sabbath

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You didn't answer my question( again)
Do you claim to be sinless in your flesh? I will answer for myself. I don't claim to be sinless in my flesh, do you?

Ok as promised. The Flesh is the carnal mind (sinful mind) this = sin and death. If we walk in it we will die. If we walk in the Spirit (Holy mind or Word of God by faith) we will not fulfill the lust of the Flesh (carnal mind). All of us have a carnal mind if we walk in it we will die. If we walk in the Spirit by Faith in God's Word we will live. (Rom chapters 6-8) There is no such thing as a sinless flesh. The Flesh is carnal (sinful) and we all have it.

I walk by faith and not by sight. It is God who works in me to will and to do of His own good pleasure. I am happy to give you all of the scriptures for the above if you like. Just let me know.

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok as promised. The Flesh is the carnal mind (sinful mind) this = sin and death. If we walk in it we will die. If we walk in the Spirit (Holy mind or Word of God by faith) we will not fulfill the lust of the Flesh (carnal mind). All of us have a carnal mind if we walk in it we will die. If we walk in the Spirit by Faith in God's Word we will live. (Rom chapters 6-8)

In Christ Always!
Doesn't answer the question.
Let me put it another way.
Do you perfectly at all times, without slip walk in the holy spirit and therefore never commit sin, you remain always sinless in the flesh
You promised to answer. In my view it will reflect badly on you if you do not

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems LGW doesn't want to say if he ever commits any sin. And yet, he promised to answer the question.
If he doesn't it is just an endorsement of what I repeatedly state. People who make pat statements and insist you obey the law are not that concerned about practising what they preach

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't answer the question.
Let me put it another way. Do you perfectly at all times, without slip walk in the holy spirit and therefore never commit sin, you remain always sinless in the flesh You promised to answer. In my view it will reflect badly on you if you do not

In my flesh is no good thing (sinful) and this is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of who I am Chief (1 Tim 1:15). It is God's Law that is our mirror . It shows us who we are as God sees us.(James 1:22-25; Rom 7:18; Rom 3:20) Without it you do not know what sin is. By faith I rely on the Word of God to save me from my sins. If I should fall short God's spirit will convict me. God only holds us accountable for the sins we know about (Acts 17:30; James 4:17). It is not God's will that we should sin but if any man should sin Jesus is our advocate (1 John 2:1)

In Christ!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my flesh is no good thing (sinful) and this is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of who I am Chief (1 Tim 1:15). It is God's Law that is our mirror . It shows us who we are as God sees us.(James 1:22-25; Rom 7:18; Rom 3:20) Without it you do not know what sin is. By faith I rely on the Word of God to save me from my sins. If I should fall short God's spirit will convict me. God only holds us accountable for the sins we know about (Acts 17:30; James 4:17). It is not God's will that we should sin but if any man should sin Jesus is our advocate (1 John 2:1)

In Christ!
Do you ever commit sin you know to be sin?
Yes or no?

You are not looking good here, that's just an honest observation

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It seems LGW doesn't want to say if he ever commits any sin. And yet, he promised to answer the question.
If he doesn't it is just an endorsement of what I repeatedly state. People who make pat statements and insist you obey the law are not that concerned about practising what they preach

Hello Stewart? Is that true? I already answered your question. Here is your question here...

Do you claim to be sinless in your flesh?

My answer was

There is no such thing as a sinless flesh. The Flesh is carnal (sinful) and we all have it.
With a little extra added in post 514

I am looking fine you are just asking different questions now :p

In Christ!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Stewart? Is that true? I already answered your question. Here is your question here...

My answer was

With a little extra added in post 514

In Christ!
You know exactly what was meant in the question asked as does everyone else. Do you ever commit any sin, or in that sense are you sinless in the flesh. Your avoidance in answering that simple question reflects very badly on you in my view. And you did promise to answer it. I clearly and forthrightly answered your question.
A humble and honest person would undoubtedly have answered, not evaded answering.
And in my view, anyone who is not prepared to honestly and forthrightly answer shows their christianity is not where it should be, to put it mildly

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.