Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How do you know if he has any impure thoughts?
How do you know if he ever looks at a woman with lust in his eye?
How do you know if he ever gets angry with his brother?
How do you know if he ever fails to put God first in his life?
How do you know if he builds any graven images in his mind?
Love thy neighbour as thyself supercedes nine of the TC. How do you know that he faultlessly obeys that commandment?

He said he follows after the Spirit. That is loving your neighbor as yourself. We can't go around accusing people willy nilly who believe in the Ten Commandments.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He said he follows after the Spirit. That is loving your neighbor as yourself. We can't go around accusing people willy nilly who believe in the Ten Commandments.
We can if the Bible says the TC are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation.
If ANYONE apart from christ could faultlessly obey the TC plus love thy neighbour as thyself Jesus need not have died at Calvary

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BTW
I believe the TC ( nine as written under the NC) are the perfect, holy and righteous law if God. The problem is, no one can or did faultlessly obey them.
The TC are an inflexible law. There is no pass mark of obedience to them that can keep you in a saved state/ be justified/ righteous before God.
Perfectly obey them or stand guilty before them.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
We can if the Bible says the TC are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation.
If ANYONE apart from christ could faultlessly obey the TC plus love thy neighbour as thyself Jesus need not have died at Calvary

But if someone is walking in the Spirit and not fulfilling the lust of the flesh, they are not under any law in God's eyes.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
BTW
I believe the TC ( nine as written under the NC) are the perfect, holy and righteous law if God. The problem is, no one can or did faultlessly obey them.
The TC are an inflexible law. There is no pass mark of obedience to them that can keep you in a saved state/ be justified/ righteous before God.
Perfectly obey them or stand guilty before them.

That is because of the sinful nature that everyone inherited from Adam. But in Jesus we are dead to the sinful nature and are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if we have the Spirit of God in us. Right?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But if someone is walking in the Spirit and not fulfilling the lust of the flesh, they are not under any law in God's eyes.
So if someone perfectly obeys the law they are not under the law?
No one perfectly, without slip follows after the holy spirit every minute of their lives. That is the reality, once we get away from the pat statements which are not the reality

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is because of the sinful nature that everyone inherited from Adam. But in Jesus we are dead to the sinful nature and are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if we have the Spirit of God in us. Right?
Dead to the sinful nature in respect of not happily seeking to live a life of sin. NOT dead to sin in respect of never transgressing the law. And that is the biblical definition of sin, as SDA agree

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Dead to the sinful nature in respect of not happily seeking to live a life of sin. NOT dead to sin in respect if never transgressing the law. And that is the biblical definition if sin, as SDA agree

It would only be the Sabbath question in their eyes. No one that loves their neighbor as themselves breaks the last 6. And no one who loves Jesus breaks the commandments regarding worshiping idols or taking His name in vain. And Paul already addresses that question in Romans 14. We are not to judge them for keeping it, even though they can't help but judge those who worship on Sunday.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would only be the Sabbath question in their eyes. No one that loves their neighbor as themselves breaks the last 6. And no one who loves Jesus breaks the commandments regarding worshiping idols or taking His name in vain. And Paul already addresses that question in Romans 14. We are not to judge them for keeping it, even though they can't help but judge those who worship on Sunday.
I don't judge them for keeping a set Saturday sabbath. As I have repeatedly stated, anyone is entitled to do that. What they are NOT entitled to do, is insist everyone else must do the same or they cannot be in a saved state.
BTW
Where eternal life is concerned, I am no one's judge who claims to be a christian

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I don't judge them for keeping a set Saturday sabbath. As I have repeatedly stated, anyone is entitled to do that. What they are NOT entitled to do, is insist everyone else must do the same or they cannot be in a saved state.
BTW
Where eternal life is concerned, I am no one's judge who claims to be a christian

What they don't understand are COVENANTS. The Ten Commandments was the 1st covenant, and it's sign of the covenant was the Sabbath. Our New Covenant is based on the blood of Jesus who has given us rest who have faith in Him, and our sign is the Cup of the New Covenant, again, based on the blood of Jesus. If they could ever get that through their understanding, then they could just walk in the Spirit, as some of them already do and be assured of their salvation. God wouldn't be giving His Spirit to those who are only trusting in the law - they are doing more than that - they also have faith in Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Theadorus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
BTW

Why aren't you in bed? Are you sick again?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What they don't understand are COVENANTS. The Ten Commandments was the 1st covenant, and it's sign of the covenant was the Sabbath. Our New Covenant is based on the blood of Jesus who has given us rest who have faith in Him, and our sign is the Cup of the New Covenant, again, based on the blood of Jesus. If they could ever get that through their understanding, then they could just walk in the Spirit, as some of them already do and be assured of their salvation. God wouldn't be giving His Spirit to those who are only trusting in the law - they are doing more than that - they also have faith in Jesus.
The problem is this. Once you say, you can only be in a saved state if you obey the written code/ law, in the real world, anyone who believes you, if they are sincere will try and obey the law to be righteous before God. No one can succeed in doing that. Therefore only two possible outcomes exist. Either you become hard nosed and phariseeical/ excuse your sin,, or you walk away crushed by your faliures.
And besides that. To say you are in a saved state if you obey the written code, contradicts the core of the Christian message
Your righteousness is faith in Christ, not observing the law

• Agree
Reactions: Theadorus
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is this. Once you say, you can only be in a saved state if you obey the written code/ law, in the real world, anyone who believes you, if they are sincere will try and obey the law to be righteous before God. No one can succeed in doing that. Therefore only two possible outcomes exist. Either you become hard nosed and phariseeical/ excuse your sin,, or you walk away crushed by your faliures.
And besides that. To say you are in a saved state if you obey the written code, contradicts the core of the Christian message
Your righteousness is faith in Christ, not observing the law
They will agree and say they do BOTH.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm on four weeks enforced holiday from work, so I sleep whenever I want to

Okay. Well, good night. I've got to get my cat inside, and feed the raccoons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They will agree and say they do BOTH.
The law is not based in faith
Gal3:12

They plainly rely on observing the law to be in a saved state. LGW has many times stated that:

All who RELY on observing the law are under a curse. For it is written: Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the law. Clearly no one will be justified by observing the law, for the righteous will live by faith.
THE LAW IS NOT BASED ON FAITH
Gal3:10-12

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The law is not based in faith
Gal3:12

They plainly rely on observing the law to be in a saved state. LGW has many times stated that:

All who RELY on observing the law are under a curse. For it is written: Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the law. Clearly no one will be justified by observing the law, for the righteous will live by faith.
THE LAW IS NOT BASED ON FAITH
Gal3:10-12

I meant they have faith in Jesus as their Savior.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I meant they have faith in Jesus as their Savior.
You cannot have a righteousness of faith in Christ and one of observing the law at the same time.
If you believe you can only be in a saved state if you observe the law, it is the same as believing you can only be righteous if you obey the law.
For those in a saved state are righteous before God, those in an unsaved state are not
Hope the cat is happily replenished and purring

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You cannot have a righteousness of faith in Christ and one of observing the law at the same time.
If you believe you can only be in a saved state if you observe the law, it is the same as believing you can only be righteous if you obey the law.
Hope the cat is happily replenished and purring

She wants to go back outside. Nope. Too many nocturnal wild animals about. That ferral kitten I was feeding disappeared. Haven't seen her for about 4 to 5 days. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.