God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is a free gift from God. A gift cannot be earned or deserved, otherwise it is not a free gift.

Paul wrote. "For by grace (God's goodness) are you saved through faith, and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8.

Many believe that salvation is a free gift from God plus their works or religion. One of the great sins of Christianity is to pervert the Gospel.

Before we were born we were ALREADY reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Salvation had ALREADY been provided for us by Jesus Christ, not just us, but for the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To be saved all that one has to do is receive what God has ALREADY provided for us in Jesus Christ.

In Jesus Christ we have ALREADY been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

In Jesus Christ we have ALREADY been made complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Salvation is like being invited to a great banquet. Your place has been reserved. The table has been set. The dinner has been prepared. All that you have to do is enter in and partake and it is all free.

Salvation is a free gift from God, but it cost Jesus Christ everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟326,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Salvation is a free gift from God. A gift cannot be earned or deserved, otherwise it is not a free gift.

Paul wrote. "For by grace (God's goodness) are you saved through faith, and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8.

Many believe that salvation is a free gift from God plus their works or religion. One of the great sins of Christianity is to pervert the Gospel.

Before we were born we were ALREADY reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Salvation had ALREADY been provided for us by Jesus Christ, not just us, but for the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To be saved all that one has to do is receive what God has ALREADY provided for us in Jesus Christ.

In Jesus Christ we have ALREADY been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Salvation is like being invited to a great banquet. Your place has been reserved. The table has been set. The dinner has been prepared. All that you have to do is enter in and partake and it is all free.

How exactly did Christianity "pervert the gospel"?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before we were born we were ALREADY reconciled unto God,2 Corinthians 5:18-19.
Salvation had ALREADY been provided for us by Jesus Christ, not just us, but for the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
To be saved all that one has to do is receive what God has ALREADY provided for us in Jesus Christ.
In Jesus Christ we have ALREADY been justified, sanctified and redeemed,1Corinthians 1:30.
Salvation is like being invited to a great banquet.
Does not the analogy fail here?

If I have ALREADY been fed, if I have ALREADY been satiated, why would I go to the banquet?
Your place has been reserved. The table has been set. The dinner has been prepared. All that you have to do is enter in and partake and it is all free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

-
Ok so far, but you fail to tell how to receive this free gift.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟736,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If you have ALREADY been to the banquet, then you don't need to go again.
So what happens when you are invited to the banquet but do not attend? Works are the evidence of your faith.

The Bible also says "Faith without works is dead." So you not only have to attend the banquet but you have to eat (reminds me of the body and blood).

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thought that it was very obvious that Jesus and his Gospel are the free gift that is received by faith.

No, if i was an unbeliever, where did you say to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life a person must believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah and trust in The Messiah for Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So what happens when you are invited to the banquet but do not attend? Works are the evidence of your faith.

The Bible also says "Faith without works is dead." So you not only have to attend the banquet but you have to eat (reminds me of the body and blood).
Works are not always the evidence of faith. Multitudes of people are trying to work their way into heaven, Matthew 7:21-23. James said, "Faith without works are dead". James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the Mosiac law. The book of James was not directed to Gentile Christians, it was directed to law keep Jews, James 1:1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No, if i was an unbeliever, where did you say to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life a person must believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah and trust in The Messiah for Eternal Life.
This is a Christian Forum. If you are an unbeliever, you should not be on this Forum.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟584,810.00
Faith
Christian
I believe the person that did not have the wedding garment that was invited is the person who is invited he claims he accepts Christ and loves Christ and wishes to show that he is Christian to seek to be known among other believers to wish to show that he is but inside he hates Him and is not at peace with others and he doesn’t seek to follow commandments according to what he is able to do what he can to repent while he has chance for he wants to join movement to claim to be Christian for position but he does not really believe in Jesus or does not want to really receive Him for who He is to accept His teachings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe the person that did not have the wedding garment that was invited is the person who is invited he claims he accepts Christ and loves Christ and goes to a church to wish to show that he is but he but inside he hates Him and is not at peace with others and he doesn’t seek to follow commandments according to what he is able to do what he can to repent while he has chance
The person that you described is not a Christian. He is a counterfeit.

• Agree
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Only about 10% of professing Christians know the Gospel and justification by faith. The rest have a works salvation.”

How did you come to this? Well there are over 30 million Churches in the world. For me not wise to run with speculation.

Yes AMEN Yeshua/Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. And "no" one on this earth is required to believe as any one here does to be saved....sorry not our word its His and we don't find anyone save anyone He alone does. As Christ said "if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains".

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Anyone that believes that the earth is flat is the one that has a problem.

Well back to your original first post. Where i see you understand that receiving God's Eternal Life salvation is free.

So just in case you do not know how to receive the free gift of Eternal Life, since you did not mention how in your post.

A person receives God's free gift of Eternal Life when they believe in the name of Jesus and trust in The Messiah for Eternal Life.

What does it mean to believe in the name of Jesus. That he (Jesus) is the promised Messiah, unique Son of God from the prophecies of The Tanakh and that being The Son of God/ Messiah He is the resurrection and life.

John 11:25,26,27
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

John 20:31
but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟736,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Works are not always the evidence of faith. Multitudes of people are trying to work their way into heaven, Matthew 7:21-23. James said, "Faith without works are dead". James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the Mosiac law. The book of James was not directed to Gentile Christians, it was directed to law keep Jews, James 1:1.
I think the lessons of the book of James apply to all Christians. The first Christians were also Jewish but even with the gentiles, the free gift of salvation must be accepted. It's accepted on faith and faith without works is dead faith. There is no way to get around or discount that passage.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟326,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Only about 10% of professing Christians know the Gospel and justification by faith. The rest have a works salvation.

Jas 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
"Only about 10% of professing Christians know the Gospel and justification by faith. The rest have a works salvation.”

How did you come to this? Well there are over 30 million Churches in the world. For me not wise to run with speculation.

Yes AMEN Yeshua/Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. And "no" one on this earth is required to believe as any one here does to be saved....sorry not our word its His and we don't find anyone save anyone He alone does. As Christ said "if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains".
Jesus said, "Few there be that find it". Jesus is the strait gate that leads to eternal life, Matthew 7:13-14. What most have found is religion.

Upvote 0