United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Your "belief" is in error.

Atheism is not a religion, just as not collecting stamps is not a hobby.

Thing is---what is your proof or authority as to what I should believe? I believe you are in error. I can't tell you what to believe. I can't tell a Trumper not to believe in their ideas either. Their choice.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thing is---what is your proof or authority as to what I should believe? I believe you are in error. I can't tell you what to believe. I can't tell a Trumper not to believe in their ideas either. Their choice.

This is not about belief, this is about definitions.

You are simply in error, just admit it and move on.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Doesn't religion require some faith declaration?

Atheism doesn't have, by definition, a declaration of faith.

(That isn't to say that atheists can't have faith in things, but they don' inherently have a faith due to their atheism.)

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then tell me, how is atheism a religion?

You can't prove there is no God, you worship not having one. You life's decisions are based on not having a God, you guys even get together to celebrate not having a God---

"In the United States, there are several groups which count themselves as religious but either don't require belief in any gods or actually discourage belief in the traditional god of orthodox Christianity. These groups include Ethical Culture, the Unitarian-Universalist Church, and a variety of Religious Humanist organizations. Many, many atheists are members of these groups and regularly attend meetings or services on Sunday mornings (or at some other time during the week)."

What happens at an atheist church?
What happens at an atheist church? - BBC News

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't religion require some faith declaration?

Atheism doesn't have, by definition, a declaration of faith.

(That isn't to say that atheists can't have faith in things, but they don' inherently have a faith due to their atheism.)

That is their declaration---that they have no faith in God.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can't prove there is no God, you worship not having one. You life's decisions are based on not having a God, you guys even get together to celebrate not having a God---

"In the United States, there are several groups which count themselves as religious but either don't require belief in any gods or actually discourage belief in the traditional god of orthodox Christianity. These groups include Ethical Culture, the Unitarian-Universalist Church, and a variety of Religious Humanist organizations. Many, many atheists are members of these groups and regularly attend meetings or services on Sunday mornings (or at some other time during the week)."

What happens at an atheist church?
What happens at an atheist church? - BBC News
You could just have written that you cant support your assertion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,379.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
LOL!! Can't admit it!! Your right to not---but enough is enough--have a good Godless life!!

LOL? Ah well...

But no, you're still missing the point!! It's godless!! Not Godless!!

But have a nice evening. Or whatever time it is in your part of the world!!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I gave you the benefit of the doubt on why you didnt get the vaccin, but as you had no excuse, well then its selfishness.
I don't need an excuse.

I don't want one.

End of story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I gave you the benefit of the doubt on why you didnt get the vaccin, but as you had no excuse, well then its selfishness.
? As I read the arguments posted that one has an obligation to be vaccinated, the majority, if not all, the arguments are selfish, that is, "get vaccinated for my sake, not yours".

Recall that the vaccines in the U.S. are still categorized as experimental drugs. As such, a prudential judgement is reserved to every individual in a determination of their risks associated with submitting to experimental treatments.

CCC#2295 Research or experimentation on the human being cannot legitimate acts that are in themselves contrary to the dignity of persons and to the moral law. The subjects' potential consent does not justify such acts. Experimentation on human beings is not morally legitimate if it exposes the subject's life or physical and psychological integrity to disproportionate or avoidable risks. Experimentation on human beings does not conform to the dignity of the person if it takes place without the informed consent of the subject or those who legitimately speak for him.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
? As I read the arguments posted that one has an obligation to be vaccinated, the majority, if not all, the arguments are selfish, that is, "get vaccinated for my sake, not yours".

Recall that the vaccines in the U.S. are still categorized as experimental drugs. As such, a prudential judgement is reserved to every individual in a determination of their risks associated with submitting to experimental treatments.

CCC#2295 Research or experimentation on the human being cannot legitimate acts that are in themselves contrary to the dignity of persons and to the moral law. The subjects' potential consent does not justify such acts. Experimentation on human beings is not morally legitimate if it exposes the subject's life or physical and psychological integrity to disproportionate or avoidable risks. Experimentation on human beings does not conform to the dignity of the person if it takes place without the informed consent of the subject or those who legitimately speak for him.
The usual rightwing handwaving. Please, name an "experimental" anything that has been used over 3 BILLION times. The only thing that was removed was the red tape so that this vaccine could be gotten to us quicker. It's safe. It it weren't some of those billions of people would have told us by now.

If you categorize doing things for other people as selfish you must have a great view of Jesus. What a selfish guy he must be in your eyes.

Go get vaccinated.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.