✟69,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The usual rightwing handwaving.
Please select the correct metaphor when snarking.
Please, name an "experimental" anything that has been used over 3 BILLION times.
How about 100,000 times? Thalidomide was marketed for three years before the makers withdrew it due to overwhelming evidence of birth defects.
The only thing that was removed was the red tape so that this vaccine could be gotten to us quicker.
No, absence of any long-term data is not merely "red tape".
It's safe. It it weren't some of those billions of people would have told us by now.
They are. Two of the drugs use the novel method of introducing synthetic mRNA into human beings to alter cell replication.
If you categorize doing things for other people as selfish you must have a great view of Jesus. What a selfish guy he must be in your eyes.
Please stop the blasphemy. The above contorts the issue. One is always free to sacrifice themselves for the sake of another. But the others may never force that sacrifice. See the difference?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
? As I read the arguments posted that one has an obligation to be vaccinated, the majority, if not all, the arguments are selfish, that is, "get vaccinated for my sake, not yours".

Recall that the vaccines in the U.S. are still categorized as experimental drugs. As such, a prudential judgement is reserved to every individual in a determination of their risks associated with submitting to experimental treatments.

CCC#2295 Research or experimentation on the human being cannot legitimate acts that are in themselves contrary to the dignity of persons and to the moral law. The subjects' potential consent does not justify such acts. Experimentation on human beings is not morally legitimate if it exposes the subject's life or physical and psychological integrity to disproportionate or avoidable risks. Experimentation on human beings does not conform to the dignity of the person if it takes place without the informed consent of the subject or those who legitimately speak for him.
Learn the facts, get vaccinated.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please select the correct metaphor when snarking.

How about 100,000 times? Thalidomide was marketed for three years before the makers withdrew it due to overwhelming evidence of birth defects.

No, absence of any long-term data is not merely "red tape".

They are. Two of the drugs use the novel method of introducing synthetic mRNA into human beings to alter cell replication.

Please stop the blasphemy. The above contorts the issue. One is always free to sacrifice themselves for the sake of another. But the others may never force that sacrifice. See the difference?
You're not even close. On any of this. Do you try to be obtuse or does it come naturally?

Again. Billions of doses. Where are the people experiencing side effects? Oh, right, not happening. So you pivot and start whining about Thalidomide. Have I suggested you take Thalidomide? Please provide a screen capture where I did so. I'm talking about VACCINES. Is thalidomide a vaccine? No? So what are you whining about? Oh, you're making a case that because there was a mistake made over 50 years ago we should never trust medical science ever again. You don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. For instance, mRNA doesn't alter cell replication. It just uses cells to create a protein. That protein mimics the virus. From that protein your immune system learns to recognize the virus.

The Polio vaccine was introduced without "long-term data." It eradicated polio in the US. And most of the world. But Thalidomide...

I'll take the CDC over you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You're parroting right-wing talking points. I have no idea why. Get vaccinated.

Lastly, Jesus. Picking apart what you said isn't blaspheming. You might want to learn the difference. I wasn't referring to the end of his life. I was referring to all the rest of it. You know, where he did things for others. You seriously want to try and tell me Jesus wouldn't have gotten vaccinated? Because it would have helped others and not himself?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If you're talking about the mRNA COVID vaccines, you are wrong. They do not alter "cell replication".

The mRNA vaccines cause your cells to briefly manufacture one of the viral proteins so that the immune system will react to it as it does to any foreign protein.

• Agree
Reactions: Phred
Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you're talking about the mRNA COVID vaccines, you are wrong. They do not alter "cell replication".

The mRNA vaccines cause your cells to briefly manufacture one of the viral proteins so that the immune system will react to it as it does to any foreign protein.

Facts wont matter.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.