LDS God pre-existed the Universe

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Allison. a Mormon. Explained that in some cases , Mormons use the text robbed other churches ,
as a means to be able to go around or lie in some cases. So as the person they are speaking too
wont just run off. They do it to make the person feel more comfortable.
Not in al cases. They will say the bible is accurate. yet they think its flawed
yet will say it is accurate to get the people to listen to them.

about four other Mormons have confirmed it . PS, they are still active in the church.
well , at least they were for sure about seven years ago.
I have not seen them since.
Again: do you have any actual citations for this other than third hand hearsay?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Jane, I love you.
Then please listen to what I say and talk with me, rather just talking at me.
But if you seen how other relgions treat me. and still I wont be mean back.
well, its kind of like yesterday, when you called me a jihadist. I just forgave you, and said nothing.
I asked if you were a jihadist and said that we don't need to be jihadists.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I am bout to have to go do some more work.
In the meantime i leave us with one question.
HOW do we truly know we Follow only Christ and not men or some other spirit.
Lord willing i shall return with the answer. In the while called mean, or meanwhile
i would like you both IRON and Jane to give their answer.
I have told you multiple times now that it is Jesus Christ whom is my head and testifies through the Spirit. I cannot and will not follow anyone else.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you actually read the chapter?

If not, then why the talk of "duplicity" when the material was literally right in front of you?

I did read the chapter. The things I have quoted from various LDS stuff is where the questions regarding truth are, not Baptism. None of the quotes of strange doctrines (as tested to The Holy Bible) which the OP spoke to are being addressed. Or, how LDS consider The Holy Bible "unreliable".

Others have quoted LDS teachings and doctrines and were told "that is not taught." While the LDS "Gospel Fundmentals" has been quoted, including page number, showing what IS indeed taught. Is that speaking truth? The OP was denied as being a doctrine or teaching of LDS.

There are many quotes from various LDS teachings shared on this thread that show something otherwise to what we are being told by Jane and yourself.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Duplicity definition: . Deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.
I have done NO such thing and do NOT appreciate these unwarranted attacks on my character.
You said that LDS did not teach about man attaining god status as OP spoke too, denied the teaching of more than one god (each man can go on to that state and create other world's and eternities teaching) etc.
Man becomes ONE with God= sum total being ONE God.
I never said anything different.
I hold no animosity in my heart toward you Jane. Nothing but love
Then please listen to what I'm actually saying.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I did read the chapter. The things I have quoted from various LDS stuff is where the questions regarding truth are, not Baptism. None of the quotes of strange doctrines (as tested to The Holy Bible) which the OP spoke to are being addressed. Or, how LDS consider The Holy Bible "unreliable".
I asked you earlier: can you provide a Bible verse that says "if it's not in the Bible, then it's automatically not true". Again, are you able to provide such a verse?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I've already gone over this (such as post #5), but will repeat myself briefly here:
Mormonism teaches God is a resurrected man from another planet who attained Godhood.
False. See post #5 and following ones for more details.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night He made the stars also
Now this IS actually LDS doctrine.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither. I'm sorry that you're not understanding LDS believes in this regard- I'll try to help clarify.

The quote is not about the possibility of the the Father's past at all. Rather it is about us and our possible future: to become joint-heirs with Christ through His amazing grace. Here are some scripture verses about it:
  • Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father, Matt. 5:48 (3 Ne. 12:48).
  • we are the offspring of God, Acts 17:29.

• heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ, Rom. 8:17.

• changed into the same image from glory to glory, 2 Cor. 3:18.

• if a son, then an heir of God through Christ, Gal. 4:7.

• Till we all come … unto a perfect man, Eph. 4:13.

• be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live, Heb. 12:9.

• when he shall appear, we shall be like him, 1 Jn. 3:2.

• him that overcometh will … sit with me in my throne, Rev. 3:21.

We become ONE with God, not replace Him or anything silly like that. Still only ONE God.

Hmmm...this sounds like a teaching about more than ONE god...

From "The Doctrine and Covenants" of LDS

[Y]e shall come forth in the first resurrection; … and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths … (and you) shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to (their) exaltation.” (132)

This passage concludes with “Then they shall be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting because they continue… . Then they shall be gods because they have all power, and the angels are subject to them.” (132:20)

Again, to address the OP - Brigham Young TAUGHT “[T]hat God the Father was once a man on another planet who ‘passed the ordeal we are now passing through…

Jane's response to the OP that addressed what Brigham Young states as a teaching of LDS:
This is a false statement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've already gone over this (such as post #5), but will repeat myself briefly here:

False. See post #5 and following ones for more details.

What or who is false, Jane?

BRIGHAM YOUNG "“[T]hat God the Father was once a man on another planet who ‘passed the ordeal we are now passing through..."

Doctrines and Covenants states “God is a glorified and perfected man, a personage of flesh and bones. Inside his tangible body is an eternal spirit.” (130:22)

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have done NO such thing and do NOT appreciate these unwarranted attacks on my character.

Man becomes ONE with God= sum total being ONE God.
I never said anything different.

Then please listen to what I'm actually saying.
I'm trying to listen to you, Jane, but you keep saying LDS do not teach the things noted in this thread while LDS Doctrines and Covenants states the very things in the OP. Are you saying that the Doctrines and Covenants statements are false teaching within the LDS?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

[Y]e shall come forth in the first resurrection; … and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths … (and you) shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to (their) exaltation.” (132)

This passage concludes with “Then they shall be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting because they continue… . Then they shall be gods because they have all power, and the angels are subject to them.” (132:20)
This objection of yours was already addressed, see post #85.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I asked you earlier: can you provide a Bible verse that says "if it's not in the Bible, then it's automatically not true". Again, are you able to provide such a verse?
What must be to make it true? It must align with what is in The Holy Bible. Cannot be contrary to what is contained within its pages. There certainly is width, depth, breadth and height in the word given by revelation of the spirit, but it will stand the test of scripture.

Proverbs 30:6

Deuteronomy 4:2

Revelation 22:18

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I'm trying to listen to you, Jane, but you keep saying LDS do not teach the things noted in this thread while LDS Doctrines and Covenants states the very things in the OP.
D&C does not say anything in relation to the OP. The OP is referring to speculations about the Father's past. The sections in D&C are referring to our possible future. This was already explained in post #17.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
What must be to make it true? It must align with what is in The Holy Bible. Cannot be contrary to what is contained within its pages. There certainly is width, depth, breadth and height in the word given by revelation of the spirit, but it will stand the test of scripture.

Proverbs 30:6

Deuteronomy 4:2

Revelation 22:18
Once again, you did not answer my question. I am NOT asking about something contradicting the Bible, but whether you provide a Bible verse that says "if it's not in the Bible, then it's automatically not true".

Again, are you able to provide such a verse? None of these verses here say that.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thesunisout's statement was false. That's the statement I quoted and said "this is false". Again, for details see post #5.

I am speaking to the LDS teachings I have quoted. The quotes are the very things the OP is about. You said the OP was false teaching. What of the LDS info I have quoted?

You say the OP is false. The LDS quotes state differently. That is what I am asking. Which is false, what you say or these quotes from Brigham Young and The Doctrines and Covenants of LDS??

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I am speaking to the LDS teachings I have quoted.
Copying and pasting #5 over here:
There are not official doctrinal statements stating anything about the Father's backstory, there are a few unofficial speculative statements in that regard. These speculations are not actively discussed or taught in LDS church, and an LDS person may go decades without even knowing about them. Like with any other speculation, an LDS person is free to agree, disagree, or anything else with these speculations at be 100% in good standing. For example, I don't believe them and I'm 100% in good standing (I'm of the don't-know-don't-care camp).

You said the OP was false teaching.
No, I said that thesunisout's statement-- the specific sentence I quoted---was false.

Please listen.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

Again, to address the OP - Brigham Young TAUGHT “[T]hat God the Father was once a man on another planet who ‘passed the ordeal we are now passing through…

Jane's response to the OP that addressed what Brigham Young states as a teaching of LDS:

Note the big "G" vs. the little "g". This is as important as it is deliberate.

Now, can you guess why?

Upvote 0