LDS God pre-existed the Universe

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Correct me , if i am wrong. But didnt John say test all spirits.
And LDS don't disagree with that.
I beg ya jane, i plead , just return to the bible, love the truth , pray .
IT COMES FROM the LORD. join with me, jane and the other one. Let us serve the LORD CHRIST .
Would try to convince me to leave where I believe the Holy Spirit is telling me to be?
so flee the mormons and flee , flee interfaith.
Again, no one here is advocating a "whatever goes" faith.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
God has not stopped giving revelation of His Word. But that revelation will NEVER be contrary to The Holy Bible. I have even gone back to Hebrew and Greek to test things. :) I have Life in HIM, just as The Holy Bible speaks of within its covers. Nothing extra-biblical needed for confirming HIS Truth.

I find it very alarming for someone to call The Holy Bible "unreliable"...then write three more books with things that do not line up with that Holy Book. I have found it very reliable and it has caused me to find rivers of Living Water. Peace and joy unspeakable in human terms. And LOVE. That is what I'm doing right now, loving you. Speaking HIS truth as it lines up with The Holy Bible...as HE revealed by HIS spirit.
Properly understood there are no contradictions between the Bible and other LDS scriptures. The "contradictions" you're see propertied are either contradictions between creeds and LDS scriptures, or a misunderstanding of LDS doctrine. If you want to talk about any specific examples, we can talk about them.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Properly understood there are no contradictions between the Bible and other LDS scriptures. The "contradictions" you're see propertied are either contradictions between creeds and LDS scriptures, or a misunderstanding of LDS doctrine. If you want to talk about any specific examples, we can talk about them.

Well, none of this is in The Holy Bible. It is utterly contrary to it!

“All men and women are literally the sons and daughters of God. ‘Man, as a spirit, was begotten and born of heavenly parents, and reared to maturity in the eternal mansions of the Father, prior to coming upon the earth in a temporary [physical] body.’ …We know, for example, that we were sons and daughters of heavenly parents—males and females” (Gospel Principles, 9, 10, brackets in original).

“President Spencer W. Kimball, speaking to Latter-day Saint girls in Mexico City, said: ‘You are daughters of God.… You are made in the image of our heavenly mother” (The Latter-day Saint Woman: Basic Manual for Women, Part A [2000], 65).

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does the Bible say that it contain every thing that's true and anything specifically not listed there is automatically false?
YES!

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
YES!

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Again, these talk about the purpose of scripture. It does not declare scripture to be closed or say "anything not listed here is automatically false".

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, these talk about the purpose of scripture. It does not declare scripture to be closed or say "anything not listed here is automatically false".
It does say that is all that is needed That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

No where in the Holy Bible does it tell us to look to extra-biblical teachings. It tells us to obey the spirit and test all things (to scriptures) and if it doesn't line up then it is a lie. We are to listen for HIS voice and obey HIM in all things. If whatever we are hearing is not contained in scriptures of The Holy Bible...or go back to the Textus Receptus, the Hebrew, the Greek originals...but it must line up with those words or it is false.

We are called to be holy as He is holy and obey the LORD, walking by the power of the spirit...the same spirit that rose Jesus Christ from the grave. He will lead and guide us into Truth and righteousness. And I know it is TRUE. Praise God.

By HIS spirit HE promises to perfect us in His love, faith in that is what will complete us. By HIS spirit I have been healed, utterly. The things contained in those pages have become real and experiential in my life in HIM and HIM in me. Just as promised to those who have genuine faith in the One True God. His word is alive and those who receive the seed of THAT Word become sons/daughters of The Father.

Adam and Eve once had a perfect life until the fall in the garden. Jesus Christ came to bring restoration to that which is hidden by the cherubim. Those who seek His Kingdom WILL find it...within the pages of The Holy Bible by the Spirit of Christ.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
It does say that is all that is needed That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works
The following two statements are two different things:
1) That this thing is True
2) That knowing this thing is required for salvation.

My question was in regards to the first statement: does anywhere in the Bible does it say "it must be listed here or it's automatically false"? You did not answer that question, but instead diverted to the second statement which is a very different topic.
It tells us to obey the spirit and test all things (to scriptures) and if it doesn't line up then it is a lie. We are to listen for HIS voice and obey HIM in all things. If whatever we are hearing is not contained in scriptures of The Holy Bible...or go back to the Textus Receptus, the Hebrew, the Greek originals...but it must line up with those words or it is false.
No one is arguing with listening to the Lord, the Spirit, or scriptures. In fact, LDS are HUGE proponents of doing all those things.
We are called to be holy as He is holy and obey the LORD, walking by the power of the spirit...the same spirit that rose Jesus Christ from the grave. He will lead and guide us into Truth and righteousness. And I know it is TRUE. Praise God.

By HIS spirit HE promises to perfect us in His love, faith in that is what will complete us. By HIS spirit I have been healed, utterly. The things contained in those pages have become real and experiential in my life in HIM and HIM in me. Just as promised to those who have genuine faith in the One True God. His word is alive and those who receive the seed of THAT Word become sons/daughters of The Father.

Adam and Eve once had a perfect life until the fall in the garden. Jesus Christ came to bring restoration to that which is hidden by the cherubim. Those who seek His Kingdom WILL find it...within the pages of The Holy Bible by the Spirit of Christ.
Amen to all of that!

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The following two statements are two different things:
1) That this thing is True
2) That knowing this thing is required for salvation.

My question was in regards to the first statement: does anywhere in the Bible does it say "it must be listed here or it's automatically false"? You did not answer that question, but instead diverted to the second statement which is a very different topic.

No one is arguing with listening to the Lord, the Spirit, or scriptures. In fact, LDS are HUGE proponents of doing all those things.

Amen to all of that!
So are the catholics, Baptists, jehovas, they all claim the same
the protestants , Mormons, you name a religion
they all claim to hear from GOD.
rather odd, the only thing they heed, seems to come from man, NOT GOD.
plus, they all contradict , the SPIRIT cant be in all of them.
So how are we going to KNOW
what is really true and what is not.
READ ONLY, ONLY the bible , then test the leaders against what it says.
and I see ALLL do not do that. its why they stay in their religoin
doctrines of men, and just wont budge from their men.

• Agree
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
So are the catholics, Baptists, jehovas, they all claim the same
the protestants , Mormons, you name a religion
they all claim to hear from GOD.
rather odd, the only thing they heed, seems to come from man, NOT GOD.
plus, they all contradict , the SPIRIT cant be in all of them.
So how are we going to KNOW
what is really true and what is not.
READ ONLY, ONLY the bible , then test the leaders against what it says.
and I see ALLL do not do that. its why they stay in their religoin
doctrines of men, and just wont budge from their men.
Read, pray, AND listen to the Spirit. That's what I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

No where in the Holy Bible does it tell us to look to extra-biblical teachings. It tells us to obey the spirit and test all things (to scriptures) and if it doesn't line up then it is a lie. We are to listen for HIS voice and obey HIM in all things. If whatever we are hearing is not contained in scriptures of The Holy Bible...or go back to the Textus Receptus, the Hebrew, the Greek originals...but it must line up with those words or it is false.

OH, no it sure don't say that not everything that is said it written in the bible
but it does say, jane, that if we hear something which CONTRADICTS the scrips
WOE its a lie. now lets test them teachings of interfaith and mormons
against the srips one more time. I did , it fell way short.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read, pray, AND listen to the Spirit. That's what I do.
ME too. yet we don't agree.
thus, return to the HOLY BIBLE and line by line lets see who is following
what JESUS said, what the apostels taught and old testament.
ready , lets go.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither. I'm sorry that you're not understanding LDS believes in this regard- I'll try to help clarify.

The quote is not about the possibility of the the Father's past at all. Rather it is about us and our possible future: to become joint-heirs with Christ through His amazing grace. Here are some scripture verses about it:
  • Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father, Matt. 5:48 (3 Ne. 12:48).
  • we are the offspring of God, Acts 17:29.

• heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ, Rom. 8:17.

• changed into the same image from glory to glory, 2 Cor. 3:18.

• if a son, then an heir of God through Christ, Gal. 4:7.

• Till we all come … unto a perfect man, Eph. 4:13.

• be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live, Heb. 12:9.

• when he shall appear, we shall be like him, 1 Jn. 3:2.

• him that overcometh will … sit with me in my throne, Rev. 3:21.

We become ONE with God, not replace Him or anything silly like that. Still only ONE God.

This speaks to plurality - more than one god created the earth. Right there should be a BIG red flag. And you said you were not lying? Your words are just above stating contrary to these written doctrines of LDS.

“And they went down at the beginning, and they, that is the Gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earth” (Abraham 4:1; see all of Abraham 4-5).

“Although it was the council of the Gods that supervised the Creation, numerous scriptures indicate that Jehovah, the premortal Jesus Christ, was actually given the responsibility for carrying out the work of the Creation, not for this earth alone but also for innumerable others…. ‘Our great prince, Michael, known in mortality as Adam, stands next to Christ in the eternal plan of salvation and progression…. In the creation of the earth, Michael played a part second only to that of Christ.’ … ‘It is true that Adam helped to form this earth. He labored with our Savior Jesus Christ. I have a strong view or conviction that there were others also who assisted them. Perhaps Noah and Enoch; and why not Joseph Smith, and those who were appointed to be rulers before the earth was formed?’” (Old Testament Student Manual: Genesis—2 Samuel [1980], 29, quoting Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 2nd ed., 491, and Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:74-75).

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Test number one. JESUS said he who does not love father , mother
son , daughter etc more than me is not worthy of me.
number two . if any takes us to court , we don't sue back, we let them have.
NOW WHAT says your teachers or you.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This speaks to plurality - more than one god created the earth. Right there should be a BIG red flag. And you said you were not lying? Your words are just above stating contrary to these written doctrines of LDS.

“And they went down at the beginning, and they, that is the Gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earth” (Abraham 4:1; see all of Abraham 4-5).

“Although it was the council of the Gods that supervised the Creation, numerous scriptures indicate that Jehovah, the premortal Jesus Christ, was actually given the responsibility for carrying out the work of the Creation, not for this earth alone but also for innumerable others…. ‘Our great prince, Michael, known in mortality as Adam, stands next to Christ in the eternal plan of salvation and progression…. In the creation of the earth, Michael played a part second only to that of Christ.’ … ‘It is true that Adam helped to form this earth. He labored with our Savior Jesus Christ. I have a strong view or conviction that there were others also who assisted them. Perhaps Noah and Enoch; and why not Joseph Smith, and those who were appointed to be rulers before the earth was formed?’” (Old Testament Student Manual: Genesis—2 Samuel [1980], 29, quoting Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 2nd ed., 491, and Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:74-75).
peace love joy, lets return her to JESUS sayings
LETS SEE Who follows JESUS or men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does the Bible say that it contain every thing that's true and anything specifically not listed there is automatically false?
NO,it does say however if it contradicts scrips its a lie.
and I see you don't agree with JOHN either.
a real apostle. hey your own words.
LDS DONT believe that, yet you SAY you don't contradict the bible
well in the Bible that you don't contradict, you said WE DONT believe that.
sounds like a contradiction to the bible to me.
anyway I am waiting on the two sayings of JESUS
and I plan to bring them all.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
By grace this wee man has stayed ONLY in the bible.
so , I say lets discuss this bible you claim you don't contradict.
lets hear the two sayings of JESUS
what does LDS say about those two
or hears another Swear not .
or hears another if a man puts away his wife and marries another
is adultery.
am I WRONG for staying single, because I put away my wife
or can I remarry.
or well, at least answer those first.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
ME too. yet we don't agree.
thus, return to the HOLY BIBLE and line by line lets see who is following
what JESUS said, what the apostels taught and old testament.
ready , lets go.
I don't deny the difference. However, I cannot deviate from what I read in scripture and hear from the Spirit based on your words, nor would I except you to do the reverse.

Upvote 0