Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No temple stuff involves history of the Father, so that's kind of an irrelevant statement...
Maybe not...I'll have to take your word for it.

This is from LDS teachings:

“As man is, God once was; as God is, man may be” (Lorenzo Snow, quoted in Presidents of the Church Student Manual [2003], 89; Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith [2011], 71).

“When we lived with our Heavenly Father, He explained a plan for our progression. We could become like Him, an exalted being…. Exaltation is eternal life, the kind of life God lives. He is perfect. He possesses all knowledge and all wisdom…. Joseph Smith taught: ‘It is the first principle of the Gospel to know for a certainty the Character of God…. He was once a man like us…. God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ did’” (Gospel Principles [2009], 275, 279).

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
in peace yes, but can no man persuade me to agree it interfaith , nor stop me from saying all who believe not in Jesus
Note: no one here is encouraging you to do such a thing. Neither is anyone here saying things pro "whatever goes faith".
and I welcome you
to cast aside all Mormon belief and interfaith and join me in preaching the only true gospel that saves mens lives. amen.
With all due respect, I feel the Spirit of God testifying of the Truth right where I am: that this is Jesus Christ's one True Church and preaches the fullness of the Gospel. I will not and cannot detach myself from the testimony of Jesus Christ. That is why I am where I am.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well hello and happy Mother's Day to you :).

I assure you, if there anything I'm uncomfortable chatting about and it comes up, I'll just say so and decline to give that information. Just like if you asked a question about my sex life or SSN. There is no need to discriminatly assume people are lying.
No one assumes. So often in the past they have lied. they hold back so as to lure people in. Jane. Come now.
Just know that IF, okay , IF one has to lie or hold back on answers about their religoin to lure ohters in

it must be false. I mean , me , all i do is say the truth of what i believe. What you see, is what you reallly get.
some , cant say all, but some in that religoin are well tuaght to decieve or agree with what one may think
just lure them in, then bring the real later. oh, we all know it happens. but i said some do it , not all.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well hello and happy Mother's Day to you :).

I assure you, if there anything I'm uncomfortable chatting about and it comes up, I'll just say so and decline to give that information. Just like if you asked a question about my sex life or SSN. There is no need to discriminatly assume people are lying.

I am not saying anyone is lying. Just very aware that there can never be full disclosure in this discussion from the LDS and some things will be skirted.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe not...I'll have to take your word for it.

This is from LDS teachings:

“As man is, God once was; as God is, man may be” (Lorenzo Snow, quoted in Presidents of the Church Student Manual [2003], 89; Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith [2011], 71).

“When we lived with our Heavenly Father, He explained a plan for our progression. We could become like Him, an exalted being…. Exaltation is eternal life, the kind of life God lives. He is perfect. He possesses all knowledge and all wisdom…. Joseph Smith taught: ‘It is the first principle of the Gospel to know for a certainty the Character of God…. He was once a man like us…. God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ did’” (Gospel Principles [2009], 275, 279).
Jane, were we hold back? not a good way to start. but i dont judge, i correct like all get out , but i wont judge.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
How can LDS purport to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ when the founder of the belief system said "the Bible is unreliable and incomplete." The LDS wrote and accepts three other books to correct The Bible. I think that is called extra-biblical.
Clarifying LDS belief here:
LDS believe in a living breathing God whom is unchanging: He spoke to His people in times past, giving His words as scripture, and continues to do so.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
That is the purpose of all scripture. It does not declare that God suddenly changes and stops speaking.
2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
And that is how prophecy and scripture come: via the Holy Ghost speaking.

Thank you for posting these great scriptures.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LDS believe in a living breathing God whom is unchanging: He spoke to His people in times past, giving His words as scripture, and continues to do so.

That is the purpose of all scripture. It does not declare that God suddenly changes and stops speaking.

Jane, you failed to address "the Bible is unreliable..."

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
I am not saying anyone is lying. Just very aware that there can never be full disclosure in this discussion from the LDS and some things will be skirted.
Again: if there's something I'm not comfortable discussing, I'll simply say so. No skirting or dodging involved, just simply OCD honesty.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some mormons are tuaght from the crib, lie to them gentiles , just get them in.
Some , i did not say all.
And , hey , i once did read some of the mormon teachings FIRST Hand. so, lets be honest and start over.
FIRST hand i read some . FIRST hand. and here is the thing. i wont say what it was
this way you wont know what i know first hand.
So, say again what the mormons Truly believe about GOD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I know the Holy Ghost continues to speak. Praise God His Word is true! However, the spirit will NEVER speak anything that is contrary to The Holy Bible. Ever.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Jane, you failed to address "the Bible is unreliable..."
The parts of mainstream Christianity that LDS reject don't come from the Bible at all, but rather from teachings originating outside of scripture (such as the creeds). These statements (not the Bible) are what bring false corrupt teachings into mainstream Christian faiths.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know the Holy Ghost continues to speak. Praise God His Word is true! However, the spirit will NEVER speak anything that is contrary to The Holy Bible. Ever.
Man this is beautiful truth . This lady must know the LORD>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The parts of mainstream Christianity that LDS reject don't come from the Bible at all, but rather from teachings originating outside of scripture (such as the creeds). These statements (not the Bible) are what bring false corrupt teachings into mainstream Christian faiths.
Myself, I rely totally on The Holy Bible to test all things. I belong to no particular denomination. I am not 'churched', but I have sat at the feet of Jesus and received living bread.

The quotes I have shared from LDS are contrary to The Bible. Those things do not line up. I do not recite creeds. I do know Jesus Christ who has shown me The Father. All revelation received by the Holy Spirit must align with the Holy Scriptures of The Bible. All things must align with the Cornerstone of Truth and Righteousness.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Myself, I rely totally on The Holy Bible to test all things. I belong to no particular denomination. I am not 'churched', but I have sat at the feet of Jesus and received living bread.

The quotes I have shared from LDS are contrary to The Bible. Those things do not line up. I do not recite creeds. I do know Jesus Christ who has shown me The Father. All revelation received by the Holy Spirit must align with the Holy Scriptures of The Bible. All things must align with the Cornerstone of Truth and Righteousness.
You didn't quote anything that's actual LDS doctrine (or if you did I missed it).

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Correct me , if i am wrong. But didnt John say test all spirits.
The bible is accurate. but i tell you what , if i desired men to follow me
i could come along and say an angel told me this or that, speak a lot of truth , but a wee bit of mix
say the bible is not accurate, well due to my way is right, so hey let s change a lil ,
and have man worship me. Just saying , lots of men desire worship.
I beg ya jane, i plead , just return to the bible, love the truth , pray .
i dont hate you, i desire only life for you. IS this world worth our soul. Heck no.
so flee the mormons and flee , flee interfaith. but belive you me, you all aint the only
ones follwoing interfaith................its infecting all religoins now , even muslims , heck most all chritsains too.
Man, i have no fear, I mean i know thewhole world will soon turn me, yet no fear .
Man aint GOD, he can only kill the body. I got peace and i dont have to sell out to get it.
IT COMES FROM the LORD. join with me, jane and the other one. Let us serve the LORD CHRIST .

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This is amazing, your testimony is identical to mine. i mean identical. And we had never met , yet the same.
JANE.................GOD IS working , please flee the mormons.
if it makes you feel any better, i done fled all churches man doctrines. the churches are in dire shambles.
ITS time to serve CHRIST . jane ,please hear me on this. i only desire life for you.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe God changes and stopped giving scripture?
God has not stopped giving revelation of His Word. But that revelation will NEVER be contrary to The Holy Bible. I have even gone back to Hebrew and Greek to test things. :) I have Life in HIM, just as The Holy Bible speaks of within its covers. Nothing extra-biblical needed for confirming HIS Truth.

I find it very alarming for someone to call The Holy Bible "unreliable"...then write three more books with things that do not line up with that Holy Book. I have found it very reliable and it has caused me to find rivers of Living Water. Peace and joy unspeakable in human terms. And LOVE. That is what I'm doing right now, loving you. Speaking HIS truth as it lines up with The Holy Bible...as HE revealed by HIS spirit.

Upvote 0