Not in Heaven yet
✟146,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Over 700 killed and over 800 injured by trampling during Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca. Just two weeks ago a crane collapsed and killed over 100 injuring dozens more. Over 130 victims were Iranians. The timing isn't coincidental. God will reveal his wrath all the more soon. Survivors of the stampede said there was suddenly mass confusion and everyone going every which way. And you thought God was done destroying the enemies of his people?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/25/world/middleeast/mecca-stampede.html?referer=&_r=0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,636.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Over 700 killed and over 800 injured by trampling during Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca. Just two weeks ago a crane collapsed and killed over 100 injuring dozens more. Over 130 victims were Iranians. The timing isn't coincidental. God will reveal his wrath all the more soon. Survivors of the stampede said there was suddenly mass confusion and everyone going every which way. And you thought God was done destroying the enemies of his people?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/25/world/middleeast/mecca-stampede.html?referer=&_r=0

1.5 Billion followers of Islam and God kills 700 as revenge?

I give God far more credit.

If he wanted to show his wrath he'd do a much more comprehensive job.

May all the victims Rest In Peace...

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If God is that mad at Muslims, I wish He'd have preemptively taken out the ones that hijacked the planes on 9/11 instead.

...then again, I don't henerally attribute accidents and disasters to God's vengeance. That line of thinking opens up a lot of unanswerable questions and, of course, presumes to know God's motives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Haiti has one of the highest percentages of Christians per its population in the world, and yet it has been afflicted with extraordinary natural and man-made disasters, poverty, and health crises. I don't believe God was showing his wrath against them anymore than I believe he was acting with fury against those who died in the tragedy at Mecca. God bless the victims.

On a personal note, it's nice to see that you're back here. I hope you're out of treatment now and that you're feeling much better! :)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The tradition of attributing natural and man-made disasters and scourges to the wrath of God has a long history in Judeo-Christian culture, and likely in Islamic culture too. The Mongol invasion of Europe was deemed to be the scourge of God. The earthquake in Lisbon set off a long philosophical debate of the problem of evil and God's response to it through the use of natural disaster.

The beginning of the end of that tradition in the West was the San Francisco earthquake. Here again, God's wrathful hand was given as the reason by religious people, and San Francisco at that time was a fitting den of depravity. The difference here was that nobody in San Francisco took those voices seriously any more. The earthquake was attributed to geological forces, and people rebuilt their lives, and carried on as before.

For Jews, the Shoah had much the same effect. Every disaster and pogrom before has Jews wringing their hands and begging for God's forgiveness. The horror of the Holocaust, was of an order and a magnitude that was just too utterly evil and malevolent for Jews to any longer believe that the punishment was in any way fitting to the nature of their crimes. With the Shoah, finally, the finger was pointed outward.

For the disaster at Mecca, probably the finger should be pointed inward. The emotional hysteria and irrationalism that has come to the fore in that religion is in full play at Mecca, with people going into religious fervor as they throw stones at the devil, and go wildly out of control.
Here again though God didn't do it. But he does give people enough rope to hang themselves, if they don't have enough common sense to show a little self-restraint.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟840,613.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The tradition of attributing natural and man-made disasters and scourges to the wrath of God has a long history in Judeo-Christian culture, and likely in Islamic culture too.

This is simply anti-intellectualism. Most have turned to science to explain natural phenomena. Some have not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I refuse to subscribe to a similar line of thinking to that which believed that the Black Death was punishment from the Divine and sparked searches for people in league with Satan, the killing of women believed to be witches, and the killing of Jews who were believed to be behind the death of so many Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is simply anti-intellectualism. Most have turned to science to explain natural phenomena. Some have not.
The long history of such thinking had nothing to do with anti-intellectualism actually. It may well be the case today, but the problem of evil and the theme of the Bible of God's wrath leads to a certain mode of thinking.
It is still a tricky question for Judeo-Christian theologies, and the question of randomness in the universe and the role that randomness has in transcendent planning.
Is synchronicity an observable phenomena? Jung seemed to think so.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
( I don't know if this is His Wrath or Not , But I know his wrath this way comes . and ^^^ about your guys entries) SO it ain't God unless he wipes them all out at once? and if it was say a comet that wiped them all out there , I could hear now the screaming about how unjust God was.. and or how a comet wasn't God either because science can explain that . and so to you God isn't a real god unless he is a magic god , he can't use comets or bloodmoons to warn either !!

what if the 100 was a warning to the 700 and the 700 a warning to the ?
My God is both has righteous judgment and merciful and he gives fair warnings ( trumpets and blood moons and myriads of other things screaming from with in HIS creation ) to all listening and willing to repent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it is way more interesting that God didn't have to
"KILL them" , but their stuff did , and next then they killed each other stampeding . He doesn't have to kill anyone ever , they will do it to themselves , once he starts 'the pressing' AKA time of his wrath.
He only has to press them all together .
Just exactly like the scripture tells us it will happen at the end of the end at the great pressing floor .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟431,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This is sick. Those people are dead now. Show some respect. I openly dislike Islam and view it as evil and anti-Christ, but that doesn't mean that Muslims are not human beings made in the image of God and beloved by Him, just as we all are. I don't understand how anyone can claim that 700 people dying is God's intervention in mankind to punish sinners without also viewing all the tragedies that befall non-Muslims in the same light (what did the Armenians, Assyrians, and Pontic Greeks ever do to God to deserve being wiped out by the Turks?). Isn't it better to say that everything is under His purview and doesn't happen absent His knowledge, but that human beings also have roles to play in their own lives and the shaping of the world? I think this is a case of poor planning and crowd control, as it's not the first time that pilgrims at Mecca have been killed in such fashion (not by a long shot). Heck, the same thing also happens at concerts and festivals. Is God that mad specifically at the fans of the 1980s heavy metal band Great White that He would kill 100 of them in a nightclub fire in 2003? No, of course not. The band's tour manager is sadly responsible for that. Just like the people in charge of crowd control and infrastructure in Mecca are ultimately responsible for these deaths. (Though a case can certainly be made that it is impossible to effectively control crowds of that size, thus rendering the entire exercise -- and especially certain parts of it like the stoning of the devil ritual -- inherently unsafe, that's still different than ascribing deaths resulting from them directly to God's vengeance.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of rock music, in 1979, the band AC/DC had a hit album with a hit called "Highway to Hell." In the song, the lead singer boasts in a blasphemous way how he's going to Hell, how he's glad he's going there, and how he wants to get there fast. They go on a big international tour, the "Highway to Hell" tour which included Europe and North America. During the tour, the lead singer is found dead. He was found in a car, dead from hypothermia. A lot of people talked since then of how he "froze" to death. Was his sudden, unexpected death in some way God's direct doing? Although we don't know for sure, it seems likely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of rock music, in 1979, the band AC/DC had a hit album with a hit called "Highway to Hell." In the song, the lead singer boasts in a blasphemous way how he's going to Hell, how he's glad he's going there, and how he wants to get there fast. They go on a big international tour, the "Highway to Hell" tour which included Europe and North America. During the tour, the lead singer is found dead. He was found in a car, dead from hypothermia. A lot of people talked since then of how he "froze" to death. Was his sudden, unexpected death in some way God's direct doing? Although we don't know for sure, it seems likely.
Bon Scott didn't freeze to death. He drank himself into a stupor and suffocated on his own vomit. Officially, it was classified as alcohol poisoning.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bon Scott didn't freeze to death. He drank himself into a stupor and suffocated on his own vomit.
I was a kid when I first heard about it, and I heard that he died of hypothermia. But, regardless of the details of how he died, it's still strange that he died while touring with that song and album.

Edit:
Ozzy Osbourne is one source for the version of the story that I told. I just watched a video of him saying it in an interview.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In 1977, Elvis Presley was touring and paying homage to our Lord Jesus Christ by including several gospel songs on his set, like always. Then he died by his toilet.
Perhaps God might have called him to Heaven, maybe after some time in Purgatory.

Upvote 0