Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
First, why "God is good?" then the poll is, "is hell good or bad?"?

Second, you don't define what you mean by good/bad.
Bad is just bad, an evil thing. When you do a bad thing you are doing something wrong, therefore sinful in your Gods view.

Am I correct?

Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
My God is Just and True.

God did not make hell for us humans, but for the devil and his angels.
Still you think it's a bad place, so did your God make hell for the devil and his demons a bad place?

Upvote 0

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟17,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bad is just bad, an evil thing. When you do a bad thing you are doing something wrong, therefore sinful in your Gods view.

Am I correct?

Did you know that God loves you so much that He is giving you a second chance to live?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"I also maintain that those who are punished in Gehenna are scourged by the scourge of love. For what is so bitter and vehement as the punishment of love? I mean that those who have become conscious that they have sinned against love suffer greater torment from this than from any fear of punishment. For the sorrow caused in the heart by sin against love is sharper than any torment that can be. It would be improper for a man to think that sinners in Gehenna are deprived of the love of God. Love is the offspring of knowledge of the truth which, as is commonly confessed, is given to all. The power of love works in two ways: it torments those who have played the fool, even as happens here when a friend suffers from a friend; but it becomes a source of joy for those who have observed its duties. Thus I say that this is the torment of Gehenna: bitter regret. But love inebriates the souls of the sons of Heaven by its delectability."

~Saint Isaac of Syria

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hell is for the non-repentant sinners, so of course it's not a good place nor is it meant to be a good place. If you don't believe there is such a place then I truly feel sorry for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hell is for the non-repentant sinners, so of course it's not a good place nor is it meant to be a good place. If you don't believe there is such a place then I truly feel sorry for you.
Well it's a bad place. Then does that mean your God (Jesus) can create something that ends up being bad for whomever.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is hell a good or bad place?

If it is a good place, then why.
If it is a bad place, then why.

Or answer the poll.
Hell is a bad place, but I don't believe in Hell, I only believe in Heaven.

Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
"I also maintain that those who are punished in Gehenna are scourged by the scourge of love. For what is so bitter and vehement as the punishment of love? I mean that those who have become conscious that they have sinned against love suffer greater torment from this than from any fear of punishment. For the sorrow caused in the heart by sin against love is sharper than any torment that can be. It would be improper for a man to think that sinners in Gehenna are deprived of the love of God. Love is the offspring of knowledge of the truth which, as is commonly confessed, is given to all. The power of love works in two ways: it torments those who have played the fool, even as happens here when a friend suffers from a friend; but it becomes a source of joy for those who have observed its duties. Thus I say that this is the torment of Gehenna: bitter regret. But love inebriates the souls of the sons of Heaven by its delectability."

~Saint Isaac of Syria
But that would mean that one could eventually accept such love if it is true, and therefore escape hell.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0