✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess i should say i'm sorry to hear that,but to be blunt and honest,i am not even sure anymore. What's done is done,and there are still a lot more hurting people in the world who choose to press on and need our help,or better yet CHRISTS' help.
Well maybe someone else could have used my advice anyway or maybe we all should just read and give no advice,who really knows? Not too much one could say to someone who had been contemplating hanging themself.
Guess too busy thinking than to have any more time to type...

Upvote 0

Ariston

Nov 1, 2013
✟8,209.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Much of your post I can empathize with. I understand suffering and being angry at God. But you are not without fault and your sufferings are not without the blessings that much of the Church and those early Christians never had. Be content with what you have. His grace is sufficient for us all in our weakness. Be grateful for your possessions, and Jesus Christ who gives you grace and eternal life. For I know the depths of suffering and we can endure them if only we fix our eyes upon the goal, Jesus Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith. What benefit is it to you to deny the only Savior that God has given to us. What will it benefit you if you even gain the whole world and lose your very soul? Do not be so foolish! Lay your complaint before God and then suffer your lot in silence and patience. Perhaps the Lord will lift you up in due time. And if he does not, abide in him so that you mat dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Think of those who have gone before us. Consider his prophet Jeremiah,

I am the man who has seen affliction
under the rod of his wrath;
he has driven and brought me
into darkness without any light;
surely against me he turns his hand
again and again the whole day long.
He has made my flesh and my skin waste away;
he has broken my bones;
he has besieged and enveloped me
with bitterness and tribulation;
he has made me dwell in darkness
like the dead of long ago.
He has walled me about so that I cannot escape;
he has made my chains heavy;
though I call and cry for help,
he shuts out my prayer;
he has blocked my ways with blocks of stones;
he has made my paths crooked.
He is a bear lying in wait for me,
a lion in hiding;
he turned aside my steps and tore me to pieces;
he has made me desolate;
he bent his bow and set me
as a target for his arrow.
He drove into my kidneys
the arrows of his quiver;
I have become the laughingstock of all peoples,
the object of their taunts all day long.
He has filled me with bitterness;
he has sated me with wormwood.
He has made my teeth grind on gravel,
and made me cower in ashes;
my soul is bereft of peace;
I have forgotten what happiness[a] is;
so I say, “My endurance has perished;
so has my hope from the Lord.”
Remember my affliction and my wanderings,
the wormwood and the gall!
My soul continually remembers it
and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man that he bear
the yoke in his youth.
Let him sit alone in silence
when it is laid on him;
let him put his mouth in the dust—
there may yet be hope;
let him give his cheek to the one who strikes,
and let him be filled with insults.
For the Lord will not
cast off forever,
but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion
according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
for he does not afflict from his heart
or grieve the children of men.
To crush underfoot
all the prisoners of the earth,
to deny a man justice
in the presence of the Most High,
to subvert a man in his lawsuit,
the Lord does not approve.
Who has spoken and it came to pass,
unless the Lord has commanded it?
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that good and bad come?
Why should a living man complain,
a man, about the punishment of his sins?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hi i c this is a old post but stil i have to say i feel the say way i feel God never answar prayers its like talking to a stone ,even i have prayed for years about the same problem i nevcer get an answar i think he yust dont care

Hi tommy, I also have many prayers I am waiting to be answered, but we must submit to Gods timing.

We need to be humble in worship and faith while waiting for prayer to be seen, but we almost must remember God is not our Jeanie in a bottle and will not say "yes" to all of our prayers, God is good and righteous, and will answere the pray He knows is the best way even if we can not understand or see it that way.

Daniels prayer was not answered for the messenger of God was blocked by an evil spirit, we must remember there is a spiritual warfare going on..

Daniel 10: 12 Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. 13 But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. 14 Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come.”

We must wait on Gods time, and keep praying and having faith:

Luke 18: 18 One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. 2 “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. 3 A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’ 4 The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, 5 but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”

6 Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. 7 Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”

Then we must check ourselves, are we in willful sin, are you grieving the Holy Spirit by living a lukewarm Christian Life? We can not have one foot in the sinful world, and one foot in Gods kingdom, God says He would rather you be cold or Hot when it comes to your spiritual life, if you are lukewarm He will spit you out to the pits of hell. Revelation 3:15-16 ESV

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

1 John 3:10 ESV

By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Romans 12:1 ESV

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

When you come to God in prayer, confess your sins, give thanks and worship, then ask your Father in heaven for His help and blessings.

Matthew 7: 9 “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I found out years ago from personal experience that God tends to be more inclined to reveal Himself in more hidden ways,yet transparent to those who are open and watchful for these "signs". In other words,for the one who doubts,He often must first show what He is capable of,so you will learn to believe and trust in that possibility,and then He may begin to answer your prayers once you truly have the faith AND humility. So basically you should start by asking God simply to prove He is real in your life,and not just some absent Deity. And the "answer" can come in many ways,depending on your particular circumstances.
Good luck...

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2013
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
hi i c this is a old post but stil i have to say i feel the say way i feel God never answar prayers its like talking to a stone ,even i have prayed for years about the same problem i nevcer get an answar i think he yust dont care

Whats ur problem ?

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also we should remember Job who had basically the same issues with God. Throughout the book he questions and even accuses God,while his so-called "friends" seem to defend God,when it was really Satan all along. And it was those 3 friends whom Job had to pray for just so their ignorance could be pardoned. So really not much wrong with what Job did,considering he thought all along God was punishing him,a just man.
God Himself said it--
"Hast thou considered my servant Job,that there is none like him in the earth..."
(job-1:8)

But it is true that He does actually hate...
"As it is written,Jacob have I loved,but Esau have I hated."
(Romans-9:13)
Considering this is New Test.,i would think it is still valid. But Esau was a very careless and apathetic man towards his birthright and covenant his family had with Jehovah.
And so just the fact that someone does care enough to question God should prove they at least are seeking God's favor,and not just some pew-sitter with a "it's all good" attitude about life. Well common sense tells you that it's NOT all good,and i personally would rather have God's correction and testing than have NOTHING whatsoever!
Just something to think about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tommy hansen

May 26, 2014
✟7,613.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
hi doomsayer2 yes i have been thinking of job .i have come to that job is a great exemple,i will wait for Gods good time and let him do what he think is best for me.if the good lord think its better for me to wait for his answar i will wait,if he think its not good for me to get what i want ,i will he be the boss about what better for me.thank u,and if God will answar in a way i first did not think about thats all good
and sorry about the english)

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think sometimes that's all we can do,and seems like waiting on God is what we do more than anything else. I know it's the right thing for you,but wonder sometimes if it's right for others all the time. In the past i have stepped out to try something simple and been wrong about it,and other times thought i would be taking a big risk but turned out to be right. God's ways still surprise me,but maybe that's just how He works with people like me? And to me you have even more more patience than myself and a lot of others.
Godspeed...

Upvote 0

AngeliqueG

Jun 19, 2015
✟7,634.00
Marital Status
Single
Yes I can see some of the typical 'know it all' responses, but I didn't go through all of them - I stopped with the negative ones. I can understand why you were left feeling worse at some comments. It just adds to the condemnation and self hatred you already felt, not to mention the hatred you felt God and probably Christians had towards you. Ok, well perhaps things changed for you since you did write this years ago :)

I know exactly how you felt from unanswered prayers, and bad behavior of people who call themselves God followers. I can say for sure that a mix message of how valuable you are to God; but lack of evidence of this claim could causes turmoil in the mind/heart. And lets be honest, there is often times lack of evidence.

It's like a parent ( a father) (God) has a child, and he keeps saying to the child it's valuable and precious and deeply loved. But in action throughout the child's life, it is ignored by the parent, the parent doesn't answer when the child calls. It's left in difficulty and to just fend for itself and tries its best to survive. Even when it spoke words of confidence about it's father and the promises made. But promises were never fulfilled but yet the child continues to read/listen to loving written messages, but nothing happens that validate them - it's mostly the opposite. After a while (years and years and more years) the child loses hope and doesn't trust anymore. Then the parent sends people who speak on his behalf to go and add to the child's misery by hating the child, and speaking words of so called 'wisdom' which actually just condemns more, and eventually the child starts feeling like perhaps it really just belongs to the devil. Or perhaps God doesn't actually exist because if he does, then he must hate the child because it's just now possible that a father/God can be so unkind.

This is the reality for many many people. You weren't alone. Some people haven't had their prayers answered but will find any good thing or good excuse just to defend God, but eventually they just give up. And they have no genuine helpers and no matter how many times they beg, they just don't get an answered. Eventually they just get sick of begging and give up totally.

Pity those who have experienced this and who literally had a change of heart because of a real tangible encounter with God didn't respond to your post but that's a usual thing with the religious. Quick to advise on what you should have done, what you aren't doing bla bla, but can't read the heart, and that's why they don't reach many unfortunately. (didn't read all the comments - maybe you had some good ones - then grateful for those guys)

I hope things changed for you and you had a change of heart and maybe one-day you'll come back with some real testimony for others who are in a similar position.

The truth is that if the God of the bible exists and all is true about Him then all that is written in the Bible is true and that when He says "He'll never leave nor forsake you"; "and that all your needs are met in His riches and glory by Christ Jesus" and "that nothing can separate you from the love of God"; then it's true so only conclusion is that he's not capable of lying or hating a person especially after Christ died on the cross. So what's the problem?

The people around you weren't obeying God and doing what they were supposed to do. Like feed you, house you, love you like they love themselves. That kinda thing.
The Devil wants to rob, kill and destroy you.
It's only for a time, for a reason.

and the list goes on.

OR God doesn't exist?

Which do/did you really believe? That's the question that will give you a truthful answer.....

Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AngeliqueG,

Thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to use you in replying to this old topic, little did you know God would use your God given wisdom to help a person like me. I woke this morning to find your reply in my email box.

Just last night I was thinking of killing my self slowly with alcohol, and drugs because I believed Satans lie that God hates me,....and I hate myself.

Your words of love and advise is of God, and has given me some courage to live through my pain, and choose God over Satan, who wants me to die who wants to destroy me.

Thank you my friend, may God bless you this day.

Upvote 0

AngeliqueG

Jun 19, 2015
✟7,634.00
Marital Status
Single
Well killing yourself slowly with drugs and alcohol could take a very long time and you'll probably just land up more miserable and depressed. If you really lost all hope or didn't believe in Jesus you'd be dead already. If you truly believed God hated you in the depths of your heart, you would not waste your time on this forum. You keep holding onto the little bit of hope you have left that's why you still around. The battle is in ones mind because that's the only place where demonic strongholds are. If you can afford alcohol and drugs and are on the Internet then probably your basic needs are met. I always think of the poor kids that are being beheaded burned alive and starving and I feel it a cheek to feel depressed about money. there's two main things in life that are highly discouraging. lack of finance and lack of love; loneliness. lack of love being the number one problem. One can't look to leaders or people. Christians will not always care and there's a tendency for them just to talk. but the fact is you either know god exists deep down or you don't. We all get seasonal doubts due to what we see as unanswered prayer. now if you Christ is alive and died on the cross for you then you really only have two choices. choose life or death. choose to break those strongholds because you know we all go through these things and speak the word regardless of lies and perhaps remember the kids who didn't even get a chance to live a decent life and be happy and grateful anyway or choose to stay miserable. If you saved you going to heaven it was a free gift and God won't leave you no matter what. but do you wanna struggle in your mind or be free? its only you who can decide. life may suck for a long time but oneday your spring will come and on this earth still you'll get double your reward if you didn't give up. find your true identity in God's love rather than self righteous people. xxx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's funny but I always thought the most miserable people should really be those "self-righteous" types who go to church every sunday and sit there looking half dead and like they have no life outside of such petty religious and social activities. Not to judge,but it just seems THEY are the ones who you would find on forums like this contemplating suicide. So then maybe you should feel a little better about the fact that at least you are aware of your life not being worth much,other than the value God puts on it. Since it is really us who devalue ourselves and not God. Whereas a lot of more "respectable" types don't seem to even know the meaning of the word "depression",and all there aware of is the fact they aren't doing as much as they could for God and/or people,and they really aren't going to change that anytime soon,but I digress.
The main key for me to this whole absence of God issue in your life simply becoming HUMBLE. Learn what humility means and what it doesn't mean,and simply act and react to your emotions just as Christ would have,the greatest humble person who ever lived,period. I even pray for God to put much less-advantaged people in my path just to remind me daily how good I have it compared to many. I know it sounds like a worn-out cliché, but it DOES work when you apply it. The more humble one is,the less they are bothered by God's apparent absence from their life and problems.
But just to be fair,I would add if you really want God to reveal Himself in a more tangible way,just ask for a sign of any kind you choose,sort of like a "fleece". But you have to be very serious about it because I KNOW from experience,past and present,as in right now. And this is advice for any believer or even atheist,not to be taken lightly for sure!
Hope this helps-

Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Allowing heathens to become more wealthy isn't really a blessing when you consider what Jesus says about wealth and getting into Heaven. Is it?

You seem to have a problem with submission. Which usually comes from pride. You are probably male. They tend to have a harder time submitting to God, and with pride.

The only way to get over not being able to submit peacefully to God is for Him to break you more. One way He does that is to ignore you. Which it looks like He is doing. I am not judging you, merely assessing this situation. A humble and contrite heart is what He likes.

As long as you feel sorry for yourself, He will let you.

I have my own struggles along these lines, but in more worldly ways, which is how I am familiar with this.

~Selah

Upvote 0

AngeliqueG

Jun 19, 2015
✟7,634.00
Marital Status
Single
It's funny but

who were u responding to. I'm just confused cos I got this on my phone and you repeated some words I used. If it was for me well that would be a misread on your side because I'm not depressed or suicidal. anyway once again you making rules as a means to help and accusing the person of not having humility but you don't understand that the main problem is years of bad thinking that have literally caused demonic strongholds in their brain. until people understand what actually happened at the cross and what was offered as free people will remain in bondage. anyway whatever. I only joined to respond to that post. I have no intention of going round in circles with all the wise out here.

Upvote 0

AngeliqueG

Jun 19, 2015
✟7,634.00
Marital Status
Single
You know I always see the only way people change is when they hear the truth about Christ and where they fit in rather than all the wrong they do. Satan loves condemnation and using Christians to demand the law be obeyed and then condemning the people. understanding gods love leads to repentance not understanding the law. The law kills. We cant do anything Christ hasn't done for us. We can't lose our salvation or the love of god. We can walk away by our own free will but it's not god who walks away. We already made righteous and live under grace. We can't earn a thing. Jesus gets all the glory and had to do all the work. They key is getting rid of strongholds by accepting all he did but we can't if we don't understand it well. God isn't expecting people to heal themselves by their works because we are already healed by christs works. He just said we should win the battle by changing the way we think to bring it to the obedience of Christ. The best way to think is to copy how Christ thinks. He's the good shepard and he goes after even his one little 'black sheep' as we see it; and he calls. He doesn't demand. We can't earn his love, we already have it and can choose to accept it or not. Just because some are still trying to figure it all out doesn't make them any less righteous. sin automatically stops and pride goes away automatically when we realise we loved and accepted by God and trials are just little bumps in the road that the whole human race faces but it's nothing but a bump in the road. We can't fix ourselves up. We can only trust in christ finished work and where we positioned with him. People who the devil prey on by words of 'kill yourself' are people whose minds are in bondage. those are the devils words re. kill yourself don't accept them as your own. We happier when we love and think good thoughts and speak words of love and grace and about the glory of God. All good comes from God. All the bad comes from the devil. but they only have the power that people give them in the mind. otherwise they have nothing. no power. All gods promises are yes and amen to those who believe. A little problem here and there so what? There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus and He came for the sick not the 'well'!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sailor Kenshin

More coffee!
May 14, 2012
Visit site
✟7,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I can see some of the typical 'know it all' responses, but I didn't go through all of them - I stopped with the negative ones. I can understand why you were left feeling worse at some comments. It just adds to the condemnation and self hatred you already felt, not to mention the hatred you felt God and probably Christians had towards you. Ok, well perhaps things changed for you since you did write this years ago :)

I know exactly how you felt from unanswered prayers, and bad behavior of people who call themselves God followers. I can say for sure that a mix message of how valuable you are to God; but lack of evidence of this claim could causes turmoil in the mind/heart. And lets be honest, there is often times lack of evidence.

It's like a parent ( a father) (God) has a child, and he keeps saying to the child it's valuable and precious and deeply loved. But in action throughout the child's life, it is ignored by the parent, the parent doesn't answer when the child calls. It's left in difficulty and to just fend for itself and tries its best to survive. Even when it spoke words of confidence about it's father and the promises made. But promises were never fulfilled but yet the child continues to read/listen to loving written messages, but nothing happens that validate them - it's mostly the opposite. After a while (years and years and more years) the child loses hope and doesn't trust anymore. Then the parent sends people who speak on his behalf to go and add to the child's misery by hating the child, and speaking words of so called 'wisdom' which actually just condemns more, and eventually the child starts feeling like perhaps it really just belongs to the devil. Or perhaps God doesn't actually exist because if he does, then he must hate the child because it's just now possible that a father/God can be so unkind.

This is the reality for many many people. You weren't alone. Some people haven't had their prayers answered but will find any good thing or good excuse just to defend God, but eventually they just give up. And they have no genuine helpers and no matter how many times they beg, they just don't get an answered. Eventually they just get sick of begging and give up totally.

Pity those who have experienced this and who literally had a change of heart because of a real tangible encounter with God didn't respond to your post but that's a usual thing with the religious. Quick to advise on what you should have done, what you aren't doing bla bla, but can't read the heart, and that's why they don't reach many unfortunately. (didn't read all the comments - maybe you had some good ones - then grateful for those guys)

I hope things changed for you and you had a change of heart and maybe one-day you'll come back with some real testimony for others who are in a similar position.

The truth is that if the God of the bible exists and all is true about Him then all that is written in the Bible is true and that when He says "He'll never leave nor forsake you"; "and that all your needs are met in His riches and glory by Christ Jesus" and "that nothing can separate you from the love of God"; then it's true so only conclusion is that he's not capable of lying or hating a person especially after Christ died on the cross. So what's the problem?

The people around you weren't obeying God and doing what they were supposed to do. Like feed you, house you, love you like they love themselves. That kinda thing.
The Devil wants to rob, kill and destroy you.
It's only for a time, for a reason.

and the list goes on.

OR God doesn't exist?

Which do/did you really believe? That's the question that will give you a truthful answer.....

One of the best things I've ever read. Well done!

Reactions: AngeliqueG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.