God does not love everyone and the Bible says so (Change My Mind)

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When it says that He will remember them know more, it means He will no longer hold them against us. It doesn’t mean they cease to exist, which neither of your passages say anyway.
Now first off you did not show how what I said and what scripture said are two different things which was your claim

secondly, please show how your interpretation is valid....if someone NO longer remembers how is it that they have not also forgotten?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
except two things 1. I am not speaking in a condescending manner and if you are reading that into my posts you are wrong. and 2. I did explain it, it just isn't that hard of an explanation...In the text, confession preceded baptism FOR forgiveness. How much explanation can I give...if one comes before the other, claiming the later comes first goes against the context of the passage.
When you tell me I need to pray for wisdom to understand you, that’s condescending.

And you are still assuming the definition of “for” and not showing how the context makes that definition correct.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Now first off you did not show how what I said and what scripture said are two different things which was your claim

secondly, please show how your interpretation is valid....if someone NO longer remembers how is it that they have not also forgotten?
God is omniscient. He doesn’t forget.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you tell me I need to pray for wisdom to understand you, that’s condescending.
wow....face palm...in the exact same breath I said I would pray at the same time for God to give me another way of saying it so that we could understand one another...what is condescending about asking for you to pray while I prayed that together we could come to an understanding of one another.
And you are still assuming the definition of “for” and not showing how the context makes that definition correct.
I did show and since you are reading into my posts what is not there I think we must be done.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well He says He forgets so I'm sticking with scripture on this one...

Isaiah 43:25

“I, I AM HE Who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins

Isaiah is the most powerful book because God speaks in FULL authority.

You are biblically sound and irrefutably backed on your posited statement and your debate stance is vindicated on this matter.

Else, God would be lying.

• Winner
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 43:25

“I, I AM HE Who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins

Isaiah is the most powerful book because God speaks in FULL authority.

You are biblically sound and irrefutably backed on your posited statement and your debate stance is vindicated on this matter.

Else, God would be lying.
good to see you back...and amen

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
well He says He forgets so I'm sticking with scripture on this one...
Then in your theology God must have giant gaps in history.

In most theology, God knows all from the beginning to the end. He knew this from the beginning. So in His economy, the cross is just as valid in Genesis as it is in Revelation. So Abraham’s sins were just as atoned for as the person yet born who will be saved.

If God forgets sin in the way you think, there’s no way it could be even recorded since you’d have to conclude that God is unaware of the written record.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a place where Almighty God makes it clear that Repentance must come from a man, to be justified. And without Forgivness, Justification is impossible.

I now attest that I believe Romans 4 in totality and also Ephesians 2:8-9 Which says it is by faith, alone, that we are saved! But! And I iterate, but, one must be humble and never beat another over their debt, for their very debt will become charged again. Also, By Romans 2:1, I attest that Love is our call and James 2 will reveal this in Exegesis.

As for the hate passage about Esau, much is lost in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic of the matter.

I am willing to slowly dedicate a little time each day to the lingual revelation and Hebrew root of the matter.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well said...and it should bother us when forum rules are used to silence opposition to our ideas and opinions.

The key is to not debate the person, but the idea that is brought into the passage of scripture.

I am willing to do so. I failed before, but I’m ready now.

We will stay at peace and do this legit.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

In most theology, God knows all from the beginning to the end. He knew this from the beginning. So in His economy, the cross is just as valid in Genesis as it is in Revelation. So Abraham’s sins were just as atoned for as the person yet born who will be saved.

If God forgets sin in the way you think, there’s no way it could be even recorded since you’d have to conclude that God is unaware of the written record.

How should Isaiah 43:25 be understood, per your opinion?

He specifically says it is for HIS sake and not “our” sake.

• Agree
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

have you ever heard of selective hearing? It's a term often used to describe children who only hear what they want to hear from their parents...for example, they might hear mom say go out and play but they never hear her say do the dishes.

God is kind of like this, the same is true with free will....God chooses what He will and will not do and or remember. Since He has absolute authority, it is also in His authority to remember what He wants to remember and forget what He wants to forget.
The written record is cleared or in terms of what scripture uses as imagery, the debt is paid, my record zeroed out.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@Hammster

The Hebrew word Hate is much different than the Greek word hate.

In ancient Hebrew, the word Hate means to be wounded or hurt by something.

In Greek, it is more like we understand the word today.

Do I need to go deeper into this matter to back my posit?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

which goes directly back to the OP question about keeping a record and thus the question of Love....I say we have another winner here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is a place where Almighty God makes it clear that Repentance must come from a man, to be justified. And without Forgivness, Justification is impossible.
I know that it says we are justified by faith. Where does it say we are justified by repentance?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Luke 14:26 is another example of how our cultures grasp of Hebrew/Aramaic root usage is misunderstood.

If Jesus (Who Is God Incarnate) said that Hate is a sin of the similitude to murder (which He did), our modern lingual grasp of Luke 14:26 would make Jesus out to be telling us to Sin.

Jesus spoke the common tongue most frequently, to Israel, when He was among us in the flesh. (Romans 8:9 is why I distinguish “in the flesh”)

The Hebrew Understanding Of Hate more closely connects to Lamb to the Slaughter or wounded so deeply in pain that one withdrawals from something. This is like a wife being unfaithful to a man so frequently that He has to withdrawal from her to avoid pain.

Hosea is my biblical backing for using that analogy. The ending is a surprise, though.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

As I said earlier, I believe He’s saying that they won’t be held against us.

You referenced Romans 4 earlier.

7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin." - Romans 4:7-8

That’s what is in mind in the Isaiah passage. It’s not that God has divine amnesia.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
have you ever heard of selective hearing? It's a term often used to describe children who only hear what they want to hear from their parents...for example, they might hear mom say go out and play but they never hear her say do the dishes.

God is kind of like this, the same is true with free will....God chooses what He will and will not do and or remember. Since He has absolute authority, it is also in His authority to remember what He wants to remember and forget what He wants to forget. The written record is cleared or in terms of what scripture uses as imagery, the debt is paid, my record zeroed out.
I have multiple copies of scripture that outline individual’s sins. Do you really think that God is somehow unaware of those passages?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I know that it says we are justified by faith. Where does it say we are justified by repentance?

Jesus revealed this in parable.

One man depends on his standing with God in prayer while another cries out in agony for God to have mercy on a sinner like Him.

God Incarnate places the repentance first and specifically showed one of the two men went home “justified”.

I’m certain you remember the passage?

This is Jesus Christ giving context to this confusing matter.

Because He is the Scriptural Authority (Call no man teacher, Matthew 23:8), we can soundly refer to His usage of the word repent.

There is no theological question that only one of the two men repented.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have multiple copies of scripture that outline individual’s sins. Do you really think that God is somehow unaware of those passages?
huh? what does that have to do with what I said please....if you quote my post I expect you to respond to what I said not to some mysterious claims...

Upvote 0