God does not love everyone and the Bible says so (Change My Mind)

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you love somebody and hate him at the same time? What is love ?

2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
yes you can. Biblical Love is an emotion, attitude, action....hate is nothing more than a fleeting emotion. There are many other differences but that is one.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are still making vague references. The links to actual verses did talk about repentance, but not about repentance before forgiveness. How about just posting one, and we will discuss it.
The verses say that baptism unto or for forgiveness and the repentance is stated first...if we are reading for comprehension how can we read it any other way than repent before forgiven?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I wrote;

Personally I feel that trying to understand God, the Bible or a topic by examining one verse in minute detail is rather like a blind man trying to describe an elephant by only feeling the trunk.

But if you insist:
Mark 1:4

I'll refrain from asking questions, since you said last time that I was posting from my pre-suppositions.
John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. - Mark 1:4

Is he saying to repent to obtain the forgiveness, or because of forgiveness?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
that is why the natural man's life cannot please God but that he can do something that pleases God and nothing pleases Him more than a humble and contrite heart.
Is he contrite with the heart of stone, or heart of flesh?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
yes you can. Biblical Love is an emotion, attitude, action....hate is nothing more than a fleeting emotion. There are many other differences but that is one.
So when God hates, it’s just a fleeting emotion?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The verses say that baptism unto or for forgiveness and the repentance is stated first...if we are reading for comprehension how can we read it any other way than repent before forgiven?
Repent because of forgiveness. Do you take an aspirin for a headache, or because of a headache?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So when God hates, it’s just a fleeting emotion?
hate is an emotion, yes, nothing else..now look at the context of the passage...why does God hate Esau? Because his sin was getting in the way of their relationship...so what is God saying? Does He hate Esau or does He hate what Esau is allowing to happen?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
hate is an emotion, yes, nothing else..now look at the context of the passage...why does God hate Esau? Because his sin was getting in the way of their relationship...so what is God saying? Does He hate Esau or does He hate what Esau is allowing to happen?
The LORD tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. - Psalm 11:5

6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness;
7 you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions; - Psalm 45:6-7

O you who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked. - Psalm 97:10

There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: - Proverbs 6:16

There’s more than one verse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't even understand what you are trying to say here, please clarify
If I tell you to take an aspirin for a headache, what am I telling you to do?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The LORD tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. - Psalm 11:5

6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness;
7 you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions; - Psalm 45:6-7

O you who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked. - Psalm 97:10

There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: - Proverbs 6:16

There’s more than one verse.
yep what I said....it's all about sin, not the person himself and what that sin does in the person. Or are you upset because I said it was fleeting as in if the man changes and repents of his sin God forgives and then has no more hate?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I tell you to take an aspirin for a headache, what am I telling you to do?
still not following....when I have a headache I should take an aspirin...we are talking about sin...so, when we sin we should repent and seek forgiveness....which seems to me to be what most here have been saying but no what you seem to have been saying.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
yep what I said....it's all about sin, not the person himself and what that sin does in the person. Or are you upset because I said it was fleeting as in if the man changes and repents of his sin God forgives and then has no more hate?
I’m not upset about anything, so it’s probably best to not start those types of accusations.

You said hate was a fleeting emotion. I’m showing that it’s not.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m not upset about anything, so it’s probably best to not start those types of accusations.

You said hate was a fleeting emotion. I’m showing that it’s not.
what do you think fleeting means? I just showed you from the same verses that it was a fleeting emotion that relies solely on the heart condition of the man not on some set determination of God setting His foot down and saying I will never stop hating you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
still not following....when I have a headache I should take an aspirin...we are talking about sin...so, when we sin we should repent and seek forgiveness....which seems to me to be what most here have been saying but no what you seem to have been saying.
I’m talking about the word “for”. You take an aspirin for a headache. Why? Because you have one, or because you want one?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
what do you think fleeting means? I just showed you from the same verses that it was a fleeting emotion that relies solely on the heart condition of the man not on some set determination of God setting His foot down and saying I will never stop hating you.
Fleeting means lasting for a very short time. I don’t see that reflected in any of the verses I posted.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fleeting means lasting for a very short time. I don’t see that reflected in any of the verses I posted.
websters defines it as passing swiftly : now what do the many passages about God's forgiveness say about His forgiveness...even add this passage to the mix if you want Psalms 103:8 and many others...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States