SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way, do you live by every word of God? You take Sabbath keepers to task for not living by every word of God. Do you live by every word of God?
Do you think the Mosaic Law must be obeyed by Christians?

Do you think the 10 Commandments can be fully understood or complied with apart from the rest of the Mosaic Law?

Do you think the Mosaic Law including the 10C were a unit not to be modified?

Do you think the Mosaic Law is the terms of the Mosaic Covenant?

As a Christian, do you obey Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
As I read you, you say you don't think the Sunday group has a right to choose Sunday but you won't judge them for it, correct?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Incorrect. Paul instructs us not to judge anyone in regards to new moons, festivals, and sabbath days. That not only applies to me judging YOU but it applies to you judging me.
And you want to please YHWH and think He desires Saturday still, so you observe Saturday, and you don't want to be judged for this, correct?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Yahweh leaves that up to each of us. He instructs us not to judge each other in food or drink, or in regards to the sabbaths and festivals. It is not a matter of not wanting to be judged for observing Sabbath, but Paul tells us not to judge each other in regards to Sabbath. And yes, I want to please God but that's not the sole reason I observe Sabbath. I have been abundantly blessed since I started observing Sabbath. Not everyone is blessed the same as I am when they observe Sabbath. If you don't want to observe Sabbath, then don't. Observe Sunday or any other day of the week you want. It's up to you.
Do you think the Lord is judging or will judge Sunday observers since you say they don't have a right to choose Sunday?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
The Lord will not judge you for observing Sunday. If that works best for you and brings you abundant spiritual blessings, then by all means observe Sunday. I don't judge you for observing Sunday. The Lord inspired Paul to tell me that one man esteems one day above the other and one man esteems all days the same. Paul then adds "Let every man be persuaded in his own mind." More important, Paul wrote not to judge a man in regards to the sabbaths and new moons, among other things. I won't judge you for observing Sunday, please don't judge me for observing Sabbath. I NEVER said Christians don't have a right to choose Sunday. Why don't you cut and paste the portion of when I said Christians do not have a right to choose Sunday. Cut and paste it and the number of the post please.
I think I can see your answer, but I'm going to ask anyway so you can say it yourself: Do you think those who do not agree with Saturday being required anymore, are saved (assuming they believe Jesus is the Christ of course)?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Mankind is saved by grace, and that by faith, not by works. If you want to observe Sunday, that is up to you. The question remains. Do you think that those who do not observe Sunday are saved?

Reactions: WilliamK76
Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you think the Mosaic Law must be obeyed by Christians?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
You are not saved by keeping the Mosaic Law. You are not saved by keeping Jesus's Law. You are saved by grace. Not of works or obedience to commandments. That includes New Testament Laws. If you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and you mean it from your heart, you are saved. No matter what happens after that, if you fall away or backslide or go back to a sinful habit you had before you were saved, you are still saved. But, you will lose out on many rewards that could have been yours.
Do you think the 10 Commandments can be fully understood or complied with apart from the rest of the Mosaic Law?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
The ten commandments are not hard to understand. That's not to say Christians agree with each other on what they are. There are many commandments in the Mosaic Law that I would not keep, even if God told me to. If God asked me to kill my son, I would not do it. God can take it up with me on Judgement Day. Any way, my refusing to obey God and kill my son would not effect my salvation.
Do you think the Mosaic Law including the 10C were a unit not to be modified?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Doctrine is revealed over a period of time. Some things are not fully understood until the New Testament. I believe the ten commandments are great commandments. The first four show you how to love God, the other six show you how to love your fellow man. Man was not meant to modify the commandments. God has the right to do that. If he modified them after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, then he alone has the right to do so.
Do you think the Mosaic Law is the terms of the Mosaic Covenant?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
The Law was the first five books of the Tanach and it is commonly accepted that Moses wrote these books. The Torah was sometimes referred to as the Law of Moses. All Laws are thankfully not all observed today. The Pharisees abused their position by adding to the Law and accusing Jesus and his disciples of breaking the Sabbath. They accused Jesus unjustly.
As a Christian, do you obey Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
I am a Christian but I fall short on obeying Jesus Christ and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus preached the gospel of "the kingdom of God" during his earthly ministry and I believe that was his gospel. The good news of the kingdom of God which will one day replace all earthly governments and rule on earth for a thousand years. We who endure to the end or are resurrected in the resurrection of the righteous will rule with him for a thousand years. That's what I believe. You can't earn your salvation because it is impossible in this age to be sinless. I obey Jesus to the best of my ability, but no, I do not. I am not perfect. The good news of Jesus Christ is that he has reconciled me to the Father and he knows my weaknesses. None of my weaknesses will cause me to lose my salvation but they will cause me to lose out on rewards.

Reactions: WilliamK76
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not in the eye’s of the Pharisees who were the “professionals of the law”. Their whole psychotic fixation with God throughout the Gospels was about “the sabbaths”, and that there was no way in their minds some breaker of the sabbath could possibly be the Messiah. And that His actions according to their interpretation of the law made Him worthy of death. The moral of the story, their psychotic obsession with the law made them blind to the very God they thought they knew and worshipped.
The Pharisees falsely accused Jesus and the apostles of breaking the Sabbath, which they didn't. They were breaking the sabbath of the Pharisees, not the Sabbath according to the commandment, which is what Jesus, the apostles and His faithful followers kept Luke 23:56 John 15:10 Acts 18:4 Jesus condemned the Pharisees for obeying their rules over the commandments of God, quoting directly from the Ten Mat 5:19 that Jesus taught not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments Mat 5:19-30

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're comparing apples to oranges. I am commenting on the fact when the word 'law' comes up in scripture, some posters insert 'the entire Mosaic covenant' `when context is not saying that.

God made individual covenants (agreements) with lots of people, but He only made one covenant Deut 4:13, Exo 34:28 with an entire nation, Israel which represented His people in scripture. God made another covenant with this same nation of Israel called the New Covenant, which we are all under grafted in through faith Gal 2:26-28 where God writes His laws in our hearts and minds Heb 8:10, Jer 31:33 and Jesus is the Mediator of. Heb 9:15 The New Covenant is based on better promises because it has God doing. Hebrews 8:6 we just need to cooperate.
Amen! Not sure Why they are saying we are teaching two covenants in respect to the Covenant that God gave at Horeb, Mt Sinia. Maybe it is the wine that @GDL suggested we partake of. Or then maybe to much caffeine or both for that matter. A bit perplexing really. Another rabbit hole I guess.
As was shared before, there are two covenants mentioned in the Pentateuch. The one God gave which Moses shared is the Ten Commandments in Exodus 34:28. And the one God gave to Israel before entering into the Promised Land in 29:1-30:14 which is paraphrased in Romans 10:6-8 so we know what is entailed when God says the Word is in our hearts and mouths through Christ that we do it.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Doran, one is saved by grace, and that by faith. It is the gift of God, lest any man should boast. We are under the Law of Grace, and cannot earn our salvation by observing the Old Covenant or the New Covenant. Are you saying that in order to be saved, one must obey apostolic authority? If a Christian accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and is saved by grace, is he/she required to obey the New Testament Law (apostolic authority) to enter into heaven? Are works required for salvation if you are a Christian? James seems to think so. I just want to see what you think.

JAMES 2:
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

By the way, do you live by every word of God? You take Sabbath keepers to task for not living by every word of God. Do you live by every word of God?
You're right, we are not saved by law keeping, we are saved by grace through faith.

The teaching that the apostles had the authority to change God's commandments including the Sabbath that God blessed, is not a biblical teaching. Once God blesses something, man does not have authority to reverse Num 23:20 so we would need a thus saith the Lord to end God's holy Sabbath day and all the thus saith the Lords around God's holy Sabbath day is for us to keep, even in heaven Isa 66:22-23 God's will for us in heaven is the same for us on earth.

The apostles never went away from the teachings of Jesus or God. This is what Jesus commissioned them to do:

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me (Jesus)in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

The apostles observed and taught on the commandments of God saying it is what matters 1 Cor 7:19 and kept every Sabbath gospel preaching to both Jews and Gentiles Act 13:44 Acts 13:42 Acts 18:4

The Sabbath didn't change in scripture, and it never changes and will be kept for eternity Isa 66:22-23 man changed God's Sabbath just as predicted in scripture Dan 7:25 Acts 20:29. Jesus tells us to obey the commandments of God, which includes the Sabbath commandment over the rules of man. Mat 15:3-9, not to break or teach other to break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30. This is living by faith and every Word. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Seventh Day of Creation:

NKJ Genesis 2:1-4
Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. 4 This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens
  • God's blessing of the seventh day of creation makes no reference to any command by God.
  • There's no command given by God to any of His creation to set this day aside for special observance.
  • For approximately 2,500 years there is nothing in Scripture saying anyone observed the seventh day rest.
  • Approximately 2,500 years after creation, God first commanded a specific people, Moses and Israel, to remember this seventh day creation event by resting from work on the seventh day of the week.
  • Approximately 40 years later Moses commanded Israel to use the seventh day to remember God freed them from Egypt.
Any reference to God commanding anyone to the observance of the seventh day before the time of Moses, 2,500 years after creation, is an argument from silence and cannot be relied upon.
Adam and Eve were made in His image and likeness.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't observe the Sabbath because I must, but I want to be pleasing to Yahweh. I do not think those that choose to observe Sunday as their day as a rest have the right to do that.
As I read you, you say you don't think the Sunday group has a right to choose Sunday but you won't judge them for it, correct?

SABER TRUTH TIGER
Incorrect. Paul instructs us not to judge anyone in regards to new moons, festivals, and sabbath days. That not only applies to me judging YOU but it applies to you judging me.
The above 3 quotes are our chain on this first question of mine and your answer. It looks to me like I followed what you said and then you said I was incorrect. Please understand I am not attacking you and that I agree with you re: not judging one another on the Sabbath issue. With this said I have a few more questions. Maybe you've answered them as I see you wrote quite a bit in response, but I'm proceeding step by step without reading it all first::
  • Why do you think it pleases YHWH to observe Sabbath? Do you think it displeases Him if you don't?
  • Why "do [you] not think" the Sunday group has a right to choose to observe Sunday as their day of rest?
  • Don't both of these statements contain a judgment?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Yahweh leaves that up to each of us. He instructs us not to judge each other in food or drink, or in regards to the sabbaths and festivals. It is not a matter of not wanting to be judged for observing Sabbath, but Paul tells us not to judge each other in regards to Sabbath. And yes, I want to please God but that's not the sole reason I observe Sabbath. I have been abundantly blessed since I started observing Sabbath. Not everyone is blessed the same as I am when they observe Sabbath. If you don't want to observe Sabbath, then don't. Observe Sunday or any other day of the week you want. It's up to you.
OK, I see the not wanting vs. the not judging and I see your results assessment. So, the way I understand you is that you've found that He abundantly blesses you for observing Sunday and think He may bless others differently than He does you.

My second question above still stands. If we say someone does not have a right, this in itself is a judgment. Since you understand God, I assume your judgment is based upon His judgment. Why do you think the Sunday group does not have a right to choose Sunday? If we're not to judge one another on this matter, then doesn't that mean it must be neutral? IOW God is not concerned about the day of the week any longer and that maybe He's blessing you for your will to please Him just as He would bless others for the same reason?

SABER TRUTH TIGER
The Lord will not judge you for observing Sunday. If that works best for you and brings you abundant spiritual blessings, then by all means observe Sunday. I don't judge you for observing Sunday.
If the Lord won't judge them, then the Sunday observers must have a right to choose to observe Sunday and I don't see why you'd say you don't think they do.
The Lord inspired Paul to tell me that one man esteems one day above the other and one man esteems all days the same.
I think the Lord inspired Paul to tell all of us the same thing.
Paul then adds "Let every man be persuaded in his own mind." More important, Paul wrote not to judge a man in regards to the sabbaths and new moons, among other things. I won't judge you for observing Sunday, please don't judge me for observing Sabbath.
Again, I think we all read Paul. Some of us obviously interpret him differently. FWIW, I think you and I read him the same way. I may even be more neutral than you until I understand why you don't think Christians have a right to choose to observe Sunday.

I'll add again that you really don't need to tell me not to judge you re: Sabbath. I haven't done so and am not doing so. I'm just trying to understand someone new to me.
I NEVER said Christians don't have a right to choose Sunday. Why don't you cut and paste the portion of when I said Christians do not have a right to choose Sunday. Cut and paste it and the number of the post please.
Already did above. Maybe you meant something different than what you said.
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Mankind is saved by grace, and that by faith, not by works.
I agree. I do think works is an interesting topic to discuss.
If you want to observe Sunday, that is up to you. The question remains. Do you think that those who do not observe Sunday are saved?
Thanks, but as I've said above, I read Paul on the matter. You seem to think I'm arguing for something I'm not arguing for.

Is there a reason you think that I think Sunday observers would not be saved? As I said, I may even be more neutral than you on the matter of Saturday or Sunday. If it helps you, I don't think any day of the week matters to our salvation.

I see another longer post so moving onward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Post #766. You had your chances, actually several of them. You can say any time that this is not what you believe and clarify what you do believe.

This actually fits with the way I read your denomination. The logic paraphrased as I understand it is simple:
  1. The remnant church of God must keep the 4th commandment of God to rest on the 7th day.
  2. We keep the 4th commandment of God to rest on the 7th day.
  3. We are the remnant church of God.
Simple logic when viewed from the negative says those who do not keep the 4th commandment to rest on the 7th day are not the remnant church.

This is something you apparently have been coached not to admit. But the reasoning is simple, and you have played your part into visible legalism.
The rules at this forum state we are not ALLOWED to say whether a person is not saved and is an offense that will get you banned. It is specifically mentioned in the rules to participate here that you agreed to when you joined.

IMO it is baiting to ask and to ask should also be against the forum rules and be a banning offense. But I don't run things...

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
You are not saved by keeping the Mosaic Law. You are not saved by keeping Jesus's Law. You are saved by grace. Not of works or obedience to commandments. That includes New Testament Laws. If you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and you mean it from your heart, you are saved. No matter what happens after that, if you fall away or backslide or go back to a sinful habit you had before you were saved, you are still saved. But, you will lose out on many rewards that could have been yours.
This didn't answer my question. My question was not about being saved by keeping the Mosaic Law. My question was simply whether or not Christians must keep the Mosaic Law.

I'm very familiar with the soteriology you believe in but am not discussing it in any depth at the moment and don't want to loose track of what we are discussing, which is why I asked simple questions based upon what I read from you.
SABER TRUTH TIGER
The ten commandments are not hard to understand. That's not to say Christians agree with each other on what they are. There are many commandments in the Mosaic Law that I would not keep, even if God told me to. If God asked me to kill my son, I would not do it. God can take it up with me on Judgement Day. Any way, my refusing to obey God and kill my son would not effect my salvation.
We differ here, but much of it is not important to me for this discussion.

If the ten commandments are not hard to understand, then can you for example explain all the sexual sins by reading just the 10C without drawing on other parts of the Mosaic Law? Or can you explain God's views re: capital punishment by reading just the 10C?
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Doctrine is revealed over a period of time. Some things are not fully understood until the New Testament. I believe the ten commandments are great commandments. The first four show you how to love God, the other six show you how to love your fellow man. Man was not meant to modify the commandments. God has the right to do that. If he modified them after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, then he alone has the right to do so.
This doesn't answer my question which was whether or not the 10C were part of a unified whole with all of the Mosaic Law.

If others aren't observing the 4thC, are they not loving God?

SABER TRUTH TIGER
The Law was the first five books of the Tanach and it is commonly accepted that Moses wrote these books. The Torah was sometimes referred to as the Law of Moses. All Laws are thankfully not all observed today. The Pharisees abused their position by adding to the Law and accusing Jesus and his disciples of breaking the Sabbath. They accused Jesus unjustly.
Again, this does not answer my question, so I'll ask it differently using your wording: Was Torah in the sense of all the Laws of Moses what made up the terms of the Covenant God made with Moses and Israel (sometimes this Covenant is referred to by Christians as the Mosaic Covenant)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
I am a Christian but I fall short on obeying Jesus Christ and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus preached the gospel of "the kingdom of God" during his earthly ministry and I believe that was his gospel. The good news of the kingdom of God which will one day replace all earthly governments and rule on earth for a thousand years. We who endure to the end or are resurrected in the resurrection of the righteous will rule with him for a thousand years. That's what I believe. You can't earn your salvation because it is impossible in this age to be sinless. I obey Jesus to the best of my ability, but no, I do not. I am not perfect. The good news of Jesus Christ is that he has reconciled me to the Father and he knows my weaknesses. None of my weaknesses will cause me to lose my salvation but they will cause me to lose out on rewards.
Sorry, about answering this one separately. I must have hit post by mistake.

I appreciate the elaboration. I wasn't asking about sinless perfection, eschatology, or eternal security, but your answer re: doing your best to obey Jesus Christ shines through. So, thank you for the answer, but I'm going to ask another as an extension of the same one:
  • Do think we must obey Jesus Christ for Salvation?

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve were made in His image and likeness.
Assuming this relates to men and their developing systems of law very early in history, I completely agree. Men are still doing the same thing and poorly as they disregard their Creator.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Amen! Not sure Why they are saying we are teaching two covenants in respect to the Covenant that God gave at Horeb, Mt Sinia. Maybe it is the wine that suggested we partake of. Or then maybe to much caffeine or both for that matter. A bit perplexing really. Another rabbit hole I guess.
As was shared before, there are two covenants mentioned in the Pentateuch. The one God gave which Moses shared is the Ten Commandments in Exodus 34:28. And the one God gave to Israel before entering into the Promised Land in 29:1-30:14 which is paraphrased in Romans 10:6-8 so we know what is entailed when God says the Word is in our hearts and mouths through Christ that we do it.
We definitely need to stay away from that wine! Rev 18:3-4

• Informative
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rules at this forum state we are not ALLOWED to say whether a person is not saved and is an offense that will get you banned. It is specifically mentioned in the rules to participate here that you agreed to when you joined.

IMO it is baiting to ask and to ask should also be against the forum rules and be a banning offense. But I don't run things...
Interesting that a forum for Christians would make such a rule. As a personal attack I can see the reason. But asking if a theological system says or if a person thinks a person is not saved if they don't do X is not a personal attack. If we're here to discuss what Christianity is and is not, then legalism is a very biblical topic. If we're not here to discuss biblical topics, then what's the point?

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! Not sure Why they are saying we are teaching two covenants in respect to the Covenant that God gave at Horeb, Mt Sinia. Maybe it is the wine that @GDL suggested we partake of. Or then maybe to much caffeine or both for that matter. A bit perplexing really. Another rabbit hole I guess.
For now, which one is the Old Covenant? SB doesn't know what the Old Covenant is. Maybe you can help her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For now, which one is the Old Covenant? SB doesn't know what the Old Covenant is. Maybe you can help her.
Please answer for yourself and please stop putting words in my mouth. Just because you do not like my answers doesn't mean I don't know.

I have stated a few times, it is the terms that changed from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, not the laws. The New Covenant is based on better promises, not better laws. Heb 8:6 It has God writing His laws in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant. It has Jesus being our High Priest and Mediator in the New Covenant. That is a much better promise, than having us doing. Through the blood of Jesus and faith our sins will be blotted out and remembered no more. Which is why when you get to Hebrews 11 the faith chapter all the hero's in the bible who sinned, has all been blotted out. We too can have our sins blotted out, all we need to do is confess to Jesus and He will cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness. The law is there so we can see our sin Romans 3:20 Romans 7:7 and not cover them. Pro 28:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please answer for yourself and please stop putting words in my mouth. Just because you do not like my answers doesn't mean I don't know.

I have stated a few times, it is the terms that changed from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, not the laws. The New Covenant is based on better promises, not better laws. Heb 8:6
Please go back and show me where you explained what the Old Covenant is? Or better yet, just tell me what it is.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please go back and show me where you explained what the Old Covenant is? Or better yet, just tell me what it is.
I edited my post to include it, but will copy here too

I have stated a few times, it is the terms that changed from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, not the laws. The New Covenant is based on better promises, not better laws. Heb 8:6 It has God writing His laws in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant. It has Jesus being our High Priest and Mediator in the New Covenant. That is a much better promise, than having us doing. Through the blood of Jesus and faith our sins will be blotted out and remembered no more. Which is why when you get to Hebrews 11 the faith chapter all the hero's in the bible who sinned, has all been blotted out. We too can have our sins blotted out, all we need to do is repent, which means a change in heart, turn and confess to Jesus and He will cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness. The law is there so we can see our sin Romans 3:20 Romans 7:7 and not cover them. Pro 28:13

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, let's start here with what you say:
  1. What would you like to call the Covenant God gave to Moses - The Ten Commandments Covenant?
    1. You provide a range of Scripture to identify the words of the second of the 2 covenants you say are in the Pentateuch. Is there a range of Scripture that covers the Ten Commandments Covenant that you can identify or do we just look at Ex34:28?
  2. What would you like to call the second covenant which I'll clarify due to your typo as being Deut29:1-30:20 (I'd take it to 30:20 vs. 30:14)?
  3. Is either of these covenants the one the NC calls "old" or the "first" covenant - IOW was either of these 2 covenants replaced or supplemented or ??? with the New Covenant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I edited my post to include it, but will copy here too

I have stated a few times, it is the terms that changed from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, not the laws. The New Covenant is based on better promises, not better laws. Heb 8:6 It has God writing His laws in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant. It has Jesus being our High Priest and Mediator in the New Covenant. That is a much better promise, than having us doing. Through the blood of Jesus and faith our sins will be blotted out and remembered no more. Which is why when you get to Hebrews 11 the faith chapter all the hero's in the bible who sinned, has all been blotted out. We too can have our sins blotted out, all we need to do is repent, which means a change in heart, turn and confess to Jesus and He will cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness. The law is there so we can see our sin Romans 3:20 Romans 7:7 and not cover them. Pro 28:13
If you think this specifies what the Old Covenant is, your explanation is unclear.

What terms were in the OC?

It's also unclear what you mean by "the laws" but I suppose you mean just the 10C.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.