SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We definitely need to stay away from that wine!
FWIW, my diet is probably as healthy or healthier than yours and I may well have been living this way for longer than you. But it has nothing to do with my salvation or baptism or keeping my temple clean. I was just taught the benefits of clean foods without additives including sugar by some pagans in my pagan days. God may have used the time to prepare me for a longer, healthier life than I may well have lived otherwise. I also never developed a taste for alcohol or tobacco or caffeine after some youthful experiments. I hope you weren't referring to me when you referenced Rev & God's wrath but the way you've dealt with the saved status of those who don't think it's an obligation to rest on Saturday does leave a question.

Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry, about answering this one separately. I must have hit post by mistake.

I appreciate the elaboration. I wasn't asking about sinless perfection, eschatology, or eternal security, but your answer re: doing your best to obey Jesus Christ shines through. So, thank you for the answer, but I'm going to ask another as an extension of the same one:
  • Do think we must obey Jesus Christ for Salvation?
No. Anyone who says they have no sin is a liar. We all have sinned yet we still go to heaven if we have accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. I have a personal relationship with Jesus and I talk with him a lot about my shortcomings. There is no one on earth today who can obey Jesus Christ as Christ commanded. That's why he died for our sins so we can be forgiven. Christ commands us to be perfect. We all fall short of that. That's why we need the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the sacrifice of Jesus applied to our account.

I think you know all that, unless you are a member of a legalistic church like some Independent Baptist Churches. Whenever we disobey Jesus, we lose rewards in heaven. We do not lose our salvation, ever, for disobeying Jesus Christ. I believe anyone who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and has been saved will always do their best to obey Jesus Christ but I don't believe you have to obey him 24/7. You can't, if you are forthright about your situation with Jesus Christ. Bottom line, I need clarification. When you ask me if I think we MUST obey Jesus Christ for salvation, do you mean we cannot sin, ever, in regards to our relationship with Jesus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doran

Oct 4, 2022
Lantana, FL
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
The secular excuse is all I need. If I am going to be put to death or imprisoned for the rest of my life for killing someone who refuses to keep the Sabbath I need no further excuse. If you don't want to keep the Sabbath then don't observe it and be thankful we are living in the USA. If we lived in a theocracy you would have been already put to death, IF God required us all to keep the Sabbath. Either that, or you would convert to save your life. But I will not follow God's Law if he tells me to kill someone. That is something he will have to take up with me on Judgment Day. I would not have sacrificed my own son, even if God told me to. I admit I am not perfect. I would not have dashed children against the stones or used a sword to kill little children. I don't live by every word of God. If you really believe man should keep every word of God, why AREN'T you living by every word of God? Why don't you practice what you preach? Why don't you inform us ignorant people WHY you don't live by every word of God? If you don't then you can't sit in judgement of those who also don't live by every word of God. Tell me Doran, what's your excuse for not living by every word of God?
'

SABER TRUTH TIGER
What do you think? If God told you to kill your child would you do it? If not, why not? You are judging people that observe the seventh day Sabbath for not following "every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" and you are even using it as an argument against those who do observe the Sabbath but yet you yourself do not live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. So you cannot sit in judgement of the Sabbath Keepers that don't. Again, do you live by every word of God and if not, WHY NOT?

SABER TRUTH TIGER
You are waiting for God to personally come down from heaven and tell you that the death penalty has been abolished? The death penalty for Sabbath breaking has not been abolished. That is why we live in the age of grace. If you try to earn your salvation by keeping the Sabbath and other Old Testament Laws you will be judged by the Law. Even at the day of Judgement. My question to you is simple, "Why aren't YOU keeping every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God?" Pot-Kettle-Black. You claim the NC abolished the OC. So again, WHY do you believe that if you aren't living by EVERY word that proceeds out of the mouth of God? If you don't, then you have no right to ask those who choose to observe the Sabbath why they don't. Remember, POT-KETTLE-BLACK. I am asking you again, how come you don't live by every word that comes out of the mouth of God? When you can give me a good reason why you don't live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, then maybe I will entertain the thought to reply to you further. But until then, you are a hypocrite for condemning those of us who keep the Sabbath for not killing those who don't, all the while you are not living by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
Oh...well...that's refreshing. You're apparently a guy who knows the value of spiritual discernment - a commodity in woefully short supply in today's Church. "Living by every word that proceeds from God's mouth", as SDAs believe, is intellectual and spiritual suicide.

Now...for that pesky death penalty. Yes, it has been abolished but on whose authority? The death penalty is capital punishment in temporal reality. Spiritual-eternal reality, judgment, punishment, etc. are a whole another issue. The reason I bring up the death penalty is due to another law in the Law of Moses: Deut 4:2; 12:32. It seems that we're on a pretty slippery slope once we allow life's circumstances to be the controlling authority that dictates to us what commands to obey and what commands to not obey. It is the Word of God, after all, that is supposed to govern (control) our orthodoxy and orthopraxy -- not the exigencies of life.

Of course, one way around this is that God modified the Old Law Covenant. But that would be unprecedented; for God has never altered, amended or modified any of his covenants.

Or the biblical solution to this problem is that the Old Law Covenant has indeed disappeared and is now obsolete (by design of course), cp. Heb 8:13. The Old has actually been replaced by the New. And since this is the biblical fact, then the death penalty for sabbath-breaking has actually been abolished ON GOD'S SOVEREIGN AUTHORITY, since like the 4th commandment itself, the penalty isn't found in the NT either. I'm personally a lot more comfortable subjecting myself to Messianic Law (Isa 42:4, 21) knowing that I'm in Christ's will.

Finally, I have often said that I have no beef with people who want to keep a sabbath day, as long as they don't try to force their sabbath-keeping down anyone's throat. But this obviously is not the case with many here. They make the sabbath an issue and argue vehemently for it precisely to inflict a guilty conscience upon those who see things differently. Their goal is to bind other people's consciences and to impose their legalistic mindset upon others. In principle, such people are no different than the party of the circumcision in the first century who Paul strongly condemned.

Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
This didn't answer my question. My question was not about being saved by keeping the Mosaic Law. My question was simply whether or not Christians must keep the Mosaic Law.
SABER TRUTH TIGER
To be saved? No. The flesh is weak. There is no Christian who is sinless. We all sin. So, when you sin against God you lose rewards in heaven. You are saved by grace, not works or obedience to the Mosaic Law. The answer is no, Christians do not have to keep the Mosaic Law. Paul commands us not to judge one another in regards to the sabbaths and the new moons among other things. Yet, in this group, I see Christian pitted against Christian, each condemning one another for either keeping the Sabbath or not keeping the Sabbath. Paul tells us not to judge one another on those subjects and yet here we are.
I'm very familiar with the soteriology you believe in but am not discussing it in any depth at the moment and don't want to loose track of what we are discussing, which is why I asked simple questions based upon what I read from you.

We differ here, but much of it is not important to me for this discussion.

If the ten commandments are not hard to understand, then can you for example explain all the sexual sins by reading just the 10C without drawing on other parts of the Mosaic Law? Or can you explain God's views re: capital punishment by reading just the 10C?

This doesn't answer my question which was whether or not the 10C were part of a unified whole with all of the Mosaic Law.

If others aren't observing the 4thC, are they not loving God?

Again, this does not answer my question, so I'll ask it differently using your wording: Was Torah in the sense of all the Laws of Moses what made up the terms of the Covenant God made with Moses and Israel (sometimes this Covenant is referred to by Christians as the Mosaic Covenant)?

Oh...well...that's refreshing. You're apparently a guy who knows the value of spiritual discernment - a commodity in woefully short supply in today's Church. "Living by every word that proceeds from God's mouth", as SDAs believe, is intellectual and spiritual suicide.

Now...for that pesky death penalty. Yes, it has been abolished but on whose authority? The death penalty is capital punishment in temporal reality. Spiritual-eternal reality, judgment, punishment, etc. are a whole another issue. The reason I bring up the death penalty is due to another law in the Law of Moses: Deut 4:2; 12:32. It seems that we're on a pretty slippery slope once we allow life's circumstances to be the controlling authority that dictates to us what commands to obey and what commands to not obey. It is the Word of God, after all, that is supposed to govern (control) our orthodoxy and orthopraxy -- not the exigencies of life.

Of course, one way around this is that God modified the Old Law Covenant. But that would be unprecedented; for God has never altered, amended or modified any of his covenants.

Or the biblical solution to this problem is that the Old Law Covenant has indeed disappeared and is now obsolete (by design of course), cp. Heb 8:13. The Old has actually been replaced by the New. And since this is the biblical fact, then the death penalty for sabbath-breaking has actually been abolished ON GOD'S SOVEREIGN AUTHORITY, since like the 4th commandment itself, the penalty isn't found in the NT either. I'm personally a lot more comfortable subjecting myself to Messianic Law (Isa 42:4, 21) knowing that I'm in Christ's will.

Finally, I have often said that I have no beef with people who want to keep a sabbath day, as long as they don't try to force their sabbath-keeping down anyone's throat. But this obviously is not the case with many here. They make the sabbath an issue and argue vehemently for it precisely to inflict a guilty conscience upon those who see things differently. Their goal is to bind other people's consciences and to impose their legalistic mindset upon others. In principle, such people are no different than the party of the circumcision in the first century who Paul strongly condemned.
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Thanks for your reply. However, could you explain to me why you don't live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God? You judge others for not doing so. So, why do you not live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Anyone who says they have no sin is a liar. We all have sinned yet we still go to heaven if we have accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. I have a personal relationship with Jesus and I talk with him a lot about my shortcomings. There is no one on earth today who can obey Jesus Christ as Christ commanded. That's why he died for our sins so we can be forgiven. Christ commands us to be perfect. We all fall short of that. That's why we need the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the sacrifice of Jesus applied to our account.

I think you know all that, unless you are a member of a legalistic church like some Independent Baptist Churches. Whenever we disobey Jesus, we lose rewards in heaven. We do not lose our salvation, ever, for disobeying Jesus Christ. I believe anyone who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and has been saved will always do their best to obey Jesus Christ but I don't believe you have to obey him 24/7. You can't, if you are forthright about your situation with Jesus Christ. Bottom line, I need clarification. When you ask me if I think we MUST obey Jesus Christ for salvation, do you mean we cannot sin, ever, in regards to our relationship with Jesus?
See Heb5:9; Rom10:16; 2Thes1:8; 1Pet4:17 as a start.

I'm not inserting sinless perfection into the question or discussion. That's why I commended your statement about doing your best. For many reasons I see this as the answer and growth is a process. He knows what is our best and will let us know if/when He desires us to do better.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
To be saved? No. The flesh is weak. There is no Christian who is sinless. We all sin. So, when you sin against God you lose rewards in heaven. You are saved by grace, not works or obedience to the Mosaic Law. The answer is no, Christians do not have to keep the Mosaic Law. Paul commands us not to judge one another in regards to the sabbaths and the new moons among other things. Yet, in this group, I see Christian pitted against Christian, each condemning one another for either keeping the Sabbath or not keeping the Sabbath. Paul tells us not to judge one another on those subjects and yet here we are.
Last question, I think: Are the Ten Commandments part of the Law of Moses and of the Old Covenant God made with Moses and Israel (a.k.a. the Mosaic Law and the Mosaic Covenant)?

There are some questions I asked that you've not answered yet. If you choose not to, that's obviously fine. This is just getting acquainted stuff. Thanks for what you do answer.

Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Last question, I think: Are the Ten Commandments part of the Law of Moses and of the Old Covenant God made with Moses and Israel (a.k.a. the Mosaic Law and the Mosaic Covenant)?

There are some questions I asked that you've not answered yet. If you choose not to, that's obviously fine. This is just getting acquainted stuff. Thanks for what you do answer.
SABER TRUTH TIGER
I may get to them eventually. I composed three long detailed responses to one question you asked and everytime I got near the end I would somehow delete the whole thing. Or, somehow, it deleted itself. I am now burned out, totally and don't feel like making any more long detailed posts. I will continue to make short replies but right now I am not up to answering a question or questions in detail.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you read more closely, you'll see that I often do include myself in statements about how we all act. I try to live by the premise that people are a problem, and I am one. I'm sure I fail at introspection like I think we all do.

I don't know if this will surprise you or not, but I'm still open to be convinced otherwise about some things I may seem convinced about now.

The problem is that I don't find any of the pro-Sabbath arguments compelling enough to start leaning towards them. I'll try to recap a few of them from this thread:
  1. You try to convince us that the 10C and the rest of the Mosaic Law are different.
    1. One problem with this view is that a reading of Exodus-Deuteronomy says otherwise.
    2. One problem is that the case laws give definition to the 10C and if they are no longer applicable then the 10C are undefined and we're left with man defining the 10C.
      1. For example; No adultery. OK, what about the rest of the sexual sins that fall under the heading of this one of the 10C?
    3. By separating the 10C as you do, you're removing the definitions and the penalties and leaving them up to men to define.
      1. There's a reason the Mosaic Law was a unit and not just the 10C.
    4. You in effect by arguing so staunchly for the 10C and it being its own law are defeating the 10C by putting into the hands of men all the elaboration of the 10C in what you separate as being the Law of Moses - Mosaic Law.
  2. You try to convince us that there are actually 2 covenants I assume coming out of Exodus. I have to assume because you won't identify them or name them or use names from Scripture for them. Why would you expect anyone to go along with such lack of detail and proof?

Yes, the Covenant of Abraham that God furthered on to the Children of Israel, which Covenant they Broke.

And the Covenant God made directly with Israel, "because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord." (Heb. 8)

Moses interceded on their behalf. If another Covenant wasn't needed, why did Moses have to "and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin."(Ex. 32)

The reason why you and the Pharisees can't accept this truth, is not because it isn't true, but because the philosophies of the religious sects and businesses of this world you doth have adopted, could not stand if you accepted this truth.

1. @Studyman has a view of this concept also. It seems more detailed than yours. For reasons @Doran has detailed and I have argued, we don't agree with the multiple covenants view and a priesthood covenant that can be separated from the Mosaic Covenant.

The separation between the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi, and God's Statutes, Judgments Laws and Commandments Abraham and his Children were given, is clearly there. Abraham walked in one, but the other wasn't "added" until 430 years after him. This is simply biblical Fact. Jesus walked in the Righteousness of God found in the Law and Prophets but did not partake of the Levitical Priesthood "works of the law" when HE forgave sins. This too is Biblical Fact.

The mainstream preachers of Jesus Time couldn't accept the Separation, because their entire religion was founded on their version of the Priesthood "Works of the Law" for remission of sin (Justification). This is where their fame, wealth and power came from. The mainstream Preachers of this world I was placed in, can't accept this because their entire religion if founded on their philosophy that the Priesthood became obsolete, therefore the Laws, Judgments Statutes and Commandments of God they full well reject by their own traditions, must also become obsolete.

To accept this truth, you and the Pharisees would have to repent and be completely "renewed in the Spirit of your mind". You would be "Broken", humiliated. Ridiculed and belittled by the same people you paid to train you.

All based on what? The religious philosophy that the Laws, Statutes, Commandments and Judgments God gave Abraham to walk in, are not the same Laws, Statutes, Commandments and Judgments God gave Abraham's Children to walk in?

That the Law of Moses, "though shall Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul, and though shall love thy neighbor as thyself", CANNOT be Separated from from the Priesthood Law "then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned. And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering."

It's a fascinating study into the heart of humans, and proof positive why Jesus warned to "Take Heed" of the "many" who come in Christ's Name. Religious tradition and deception is a Yoke of Bondage on the necks of many men they cannot bear.

1. @HIM seems to have a similar view and does more arguing from language than either of you. I don't think he's proven his case from language and the way I currently see it, he seems to be trying to substantiate the multiple covenants theory from the language of certain verses at the expense of other Scriptures. This never works since Scripture is a whole.

Anyone who studies the Holy Scriptures in honesty from the heart, knows there is a huge disconnect between the doctrines and philosophies and traditions of this world's religions, "Who come in Christ's Name", and the Holy Scriptures Jesus and Paul promoted " for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Only a fool would try and convince folks otherwise.

What's interesting is that I know in my spirit that I have logic in my current thinking that needs to be worked out, logic that you have not pushed me to. It's similar to what I hear and read in others who have studied and written about biblical law. Something has just not completely come together yet among all that I've read re: Law. I've said this before, but one of my favorite statements in the opening of a book about biblical law was something to the effect of, No one fully understands biblical law. Then after acknowledging that the writer included himself in that statement, he wrote about 300-400 pages on biblical law.

IMO this whole issue of Biblical Law is one of the larger failures of the overall Church.

And yet, the overwhelming religious tradition of this world is to choose one of "many" differing religious schools and religious sects which existed in the World God placed us in, that you fully admit "Professes to know God" but are Ignorant of God's Righteousness" and have gone about to establish their own righteousness, to teach you how to know God. Even paying them to teach you. Truly this is a logic that needs to be worked out.

What Paul advocated for, and Jesus as well, in my view, was that the man "Seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness, as the Jesus of the Bible instructed, would not "Yield Themselves" servant to obey the traditions and philosophies of this world's religions who transgressed God's Commandments by their own religious traditions, rather, to "Yield ourselves" servants of Obey God and therefore become servants of "HIS" Righteousness.

Like Peter said, "We ought to obey God rather than man". If men can't see that Peter wasn't talking about the sacrificial "works" of a temporary Priesthood to provide for the forgiveness of sins, then he are not seeking to know God, but Seeking to justify a religious philosophy of men.

Upvote 0

Doran

Oct 4, 2022
Lantana, FL
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
Doran, one is saved by grace, and that by faith. It is the gift of God, lest any man should boast. We are under the Law of Grace, and cannot earn our salvation by observing the Old Covenant or the New Covenant. Are you saying that in order to be saved, one must obey apostolic authority? If a Christian accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and is saved by grace, is he/she required to obey the New Testament Law (apostolic authority) to enter into heaven? Are works required for salvation if you are a Christian? James seems to think so. I just want to see what you think.

JAMES 2:
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

By the way, do you live by every word of God? You take Sabbath keepers to task for not living by every word of God. Do you live by every word of God?
You're preaching to the choir. I have subscribed to the Reformed Traditions of the Faith (save for Covenant Theology) almost since the beginning of my salvation. I have more than a passing familiarity with Grace, for I understand and fully embrace the Five Doctrines of Grace. You should redirect your preaching on Grace to SB who believes that God's grace is given to us on the basis of our faith. She's as wrong about that as she is about there being no such thing as a Mosaic Covenant.

I try to live by "every word" as that Word applies to me in this New Covenant dispensation, which means I don't pour New wine into Old wine skins, if you get my meaning (and the Lord's).

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the Covenant of Abraham that God furthered on to the Children of Israel, which Covenant they Broke.
The Children of Israel, a.k.a. Moses and Israel broke the Abrahamic Covenant?
What Covenant God made directly with Israel? Do you mean with Moses & Israel?
Moses interceded on their behalf. If another Covenant wasn't needed, why did Moses have to "and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin."(Ex. 32)
Is this where you come up with the goats covenant?
The reason why you and the Pharisees can't accept this truth, is not because it isn't true, but because the philosophies of the religious sects and businesses of this world you doth have adopted, could not stand if you accepted this truth.
You have a lot of meaningless opinions which I'm going to bypass for the moment.
The separation between the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi, and God's Statutes, Judgments Laws and Commandments Abraham and his Children were given, is clearly there
And this is the point where your view comes together. I'm going to add the NC part as I understand you from elsewhere. You can correct me if you see the need. :
  1. God made a Covenant with Abraham
  2. God gave Abraham His Law
  3. God passed the Covenant with Abraham and His Law to the nation Israel.
  4. Israel broke the Covenant and Laws God made with Abraham (at the Golden Calf incident).
  5. God made a Priesthood Covenant with Levi (a.k.a. the goats sacrifices)
  6. In the NC God changed the Priesthood Law (Heb7) from Levi to Christ and transferred to Jesus Christ the Law He gave to Abraham.
  7. God is writing the Law He gave to Abraham on our hearts.
So:
  1. The "old" and "first" covenant of Heb8 & Heb9 is the Priesthood Covenant, correct?
  2. Is all the Law that God gave to Moses except for the Priesthood section the Law God gave to Abraham?
  3. Is the Law of Christ the same as the Law God gave to Abraham?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SABER TRUTH TIGER
I may get to them eventually. I composed three long detailed responses to one question you asked and everytime I got near the end I would somehow delete the whole thing. Or, somehow, it deleted itself. I am now burned out, totally and don't feel like making any more long detailed posts. I will continue to make short replies but right now I am not up to answering a question or questions in detail.
An understanding smile with your pain. My first career was in computers, and I was so burnt out I couldn't hang in for the explosion into the personal market.

Actually, the simpler the answers the better. Even one per post is fine. Save your energy and psyche.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to live by "every word" as that Word applies to me in this New Covenant dispensation, which means I don't pour New wine into Old wine skins, if you get my meaning (and the Lord's).
Pretty much ditto this.

But please don't anybody turn this into me saying I'm a dispensationalist. That's one of the reasons I usually say "era" or as the Text uses quite a bit, "age".

Upvote 0

Doran

Oct 4, 2022
Lantana, FL
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much ditto this.

But please don't anybody turn this into me saying I'm a dispensationalist. That's one of the reasons I usually say "era" or as the Text uses quite a bit, "age".
I'm not either. I hold to classical preterism and I'm undecided between amillennialism and postmillennialism. I can see virtues and problems in both.

Upvote 0

Doran

Oct 4, 2022
Lantana, FL
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I edited my post to include it, but will copy here too

I have stated a few times, it is the terms that changed from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, not the laws. The New Covenant is based on better promises, not better laws. Heb 8:6 It has God writing His laws in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant. It has Jesus being our High Priest and Mediator in the New Covenant. That is a much better promise, than having us doing. Through the blood of Jesus and faith our sins will be blotted out and remembered no more. Which is why when you get to Hebrews 11 the faith chapter all the hero's in the bible who sinned, has all been blotted out. We too can have our sins blotted out, all we need to do is repent, which means a change in heart, turn and confess to Jesus and He will cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness. The law is there so we can see our sin Romans 3:20 Romans 7:7 and not cover them. Pro 28:13
But if the OC is the Ten, as you have said, then how can the Ten not be the terms?

And since the Ten, logically, must be the terms, then what are the inferior promises in the Ten?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.