Gobsmacked....

T

TeddyReceptus

Goldberg's book Liberal Fascism, and Ezra Levants term Smilie Faced Fascists are the proper historical and intellectual context.

I bet they are! Because when I think of modern American Liberals I immediately think of "hypernationalism", militarism, imperialism and anti-communism! Yup, that sounds almost exactly like what Libs in the US today stand for.

That's probably why fascism has historically attraced the Right and Far Right in almost every instance where it has become part of the Government.

But please, let's not quibble over "definitions" or "meanings" of words. It's a good word and people with little intellectual interest should be able to fling it about as needed!

Yay linguistic anarchy!

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Goodbye, recovery.

Goodbye, energy independence.

Goodbye, religious liberty.

Goodbye, liberty and justice for all.

Goodbye, America dream.

Goodbye America

Goodbye apple pie

Goodbye reason

Goodbye calmness

Goodbye informed opinion.

Goodbye rational discussion

Goodbye ice cream man.

Goodbye capacity for empathy.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Microsoft is basically abandoning the Zune. Which sucks, because the Zune was awesome. It just didn't sell as well.

/also owns a Zune

Awww man.... Wow that's apparently old news too...

I was thinking of replacing my zune with a newer version... guess not.

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Awww man.... Wow that's apparently old news too...

I was thinking of replacing my zune with a newer version... guess not.
Also, be careful with the one you've got. Apparently getting someone to fix a busted Zune is nigh on impossible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Also, be careful with the one you've got. Apparently getting someone to fix a busted Zune is nigh on impossible.

Yeah no doubt. I was thinking of replacing this one because the touch screen sometimes goes a bit whacky. For the moment atleast you can still buy them on Amazon. The Zune website has turned into the Xbox Music site, the Zune music pass still seems to be a thing so that's good.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My favorite is the one where someone photoshopped that picture into a Benito Mussolini uniform.

You have to admit, that pose is startlingly similar......

mussolini-obama.jpg

Goodbye America

Goodbye apple pie

Goodbye reason

Goodbye calmness

Goodbye informed opinion.

Goodbye rational discussion

Goodbye ice cream man.

Goodbye capacity for empathy.

Goodbye Twinkies.

Goodbye Zune.

Goodbye Newsweek print edition.

Goodbye Ozzie Guillen's stint as manager of the Florida Marlins.

Goodbye Scarlett.

Goodnight, John-Boy.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eh, I dunno. Maybe it's just a personal bias, but the other pictures don't seem to have the degree of arogance that the Obama picture does. To me, anyway.

The Nixon painting reminds me of that painting of John Brown....

1859johnbrwonmural.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's funny because Republicans NEVER look up!

gwb.jpg

ronald-reagan.jpg

a56c6770c5dcd990480e3eb44768_grande.jpg

But the one that takes the cake is this gem of a painting hanging prominently in the Nixon Library...the painting is HUGE!

nixon_detail.jpg

nixon_full.jpg

:thumbsup:

There are a lot of pictures with presidential figures looking up (as if regal) and yet, in spite of all of that, it's only President Obama who apparently looks arrogant to others because of photos where he was looking up? Not seeing the logic...and if wanting to go for consistency, one may wish to stand back/examine the ways our own Founding Fathers have been portrayed in history.

There are also those showing the Founding Fathers as gods..which is not surprising seeing that most of the Founding Fathers were very much into demonic things such as Freemasonry. There was one statue I remember seeing of George Washington IN D.C that had him in the form of a Greek GOD when I was visiting the place back in 2009. Seemed like they were trying to express the regal nature the president seemed to have and take it to another level, just as others have done often..

Washington%20on%20horse%20at%20Trenton.jpg

070730_thisdayjuly31.jpg

Additionally, the dome of the Capitol features in its occulus an incredibly significant painting that reveals the philosophical, spiritual and political aims of the Founding Fathers.

Right in the very centre of the cast iron dome in the U.S Capitol is a painting of George Washington, ascended to the pantheon of ancient greek deities.

Astonishingly poor theology for 'one nation under God', but evidence of the high esteem George was held in by his 19th century successors. The building was completed (from memory) in the 1820s.

And there are many others besides that. For reference:
Greg Boyd actually talked on the same issue when it came to a painting done in the name of Patriotism that others found to be very idolatrous due to making it out as if all the Founding Fathers/historical figures in history were men concerned for the Lord..

onenation.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wow! Where do you get this stuff Easy G. You got so much knowledge, I don't know how your head fits through most doorways. :thumbsup:

(I mean that as smarts crammed in there, not arrogance.)

True indeed...I learn so much from reading his posts, they ought to count for CEU's.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow! Where do you get this stuff Easy G. You got so much knowledge, I don't know how your head fits through most doorways. :thumbsup:

(I mean that as smarts crammed in there, not arrogance.)
Thanks for the shout - out:) (and to be clear, I have often wondered the same on you/others for the insights you share), although I was under the impression that the info shared was commonplace...as it's not hidden. I'm surprised many more don't talk on the ways the Founding Fathers were often deified multiple times and no one said anything on it for centuries....

As it concerns knowledge, part of what I do for career requires research and I've been involved in a lot of discussions over the years..and thankfully, good memory recall helps in keeping up with things (with someone else noting that it's akin to seeing things from a chronological point of view since things flow together for me when keeping it in sequence/not divorcing events.

Upvote 0