Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a rule with car salesman, the louder they yell on their commercials the dumber their think their audience is.

Beck isn't exactly a quiet speaker.

You haven't listened to Michael Savage, Billy Cunningham, or Mark Levin lately, have you? ;)

Of course, on the other end of the spectrum, you have Keith Olbermann and Ed Schultz.

Upvote 0

Mobiosity

American by birth; Southern by the grace of God.
Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You haven't listened to Michael Savage, Billy Cunningham, or Mark Levin lately, have you? ;)

Of course, on the other end of the spectrum, you have Keith Olbermann and Ed Schultz.
Does Mark Levin go out of his way to have the most unpleasant voice possible? When his commercials start with the whining and snarky comments, I have to turn it off. - I've heard him interviewed and he sounds perfectly fine, but on his own show . . . I may agree with him, but I'll never know I can't stand his voice.

It's like Rush Limbaugh. I tried to listen to him once, he was making fun of who ever it was he was talking about, I don't remember if it was the persons looks, name, accent or way of speaking; I did know that if all he had to say was so ephemeral (not to mention rude and mean) but I had no desire to stick around and find out. I haven't listened to him since - that had to have been better than 10 years ago. I may agree with him, but I'll never know.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does Mark Levin go out of his way to have the most unpleasant voice possible? When his commercials start with the whining and snarky comments, I have to turn it off. - I've heard him interviewed and he sounds perfectly fine, but on his own show . . . I may agree with him, but I'll never know I can't stand his voice.

It's like Rush Limbaugh. I tried to listen to him once, he was making fun of who ever it was he was talking about, I don't remember if it was the persons looks, name, accent or way of speaking; I did know that if all he had to say was so ephemeral (not to mention rude and mean) but I had no desire to stick around and find out. I haven't listened to him since - that had to have been better than 10 years ago. I may agree with him, but I'll never know.
I agree with you. Levins voice is annoying. He may be right on everything, but he has a terrible radio voice. I dont listen to Limbaugh either. He is just too in love with the sound of his own voice for me. The best people on radio IMO are Micheal Medved and Dennis Prager.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've pointed this out here before, so I know I'm not the only one who thinks that when Mark Levin gets amped up and frothing with rage he does't sound like a radio talk show host filled with faux or righteous indignation, but more like one of the aliens from "Mars Attacks". It's one of the great ironies of his show. While he relishes referring to people with insulting and diminuative nicknames like "Chucky Schmucky", he himself sounds like a rabid Schnauzer.

Marky Barky! Yap Yap Yap!

"The Great One" my tuckhus.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pretty much, Levin devolves into a whiner on his own show. It's very very odd. It's as if he's trying to be as irritating as possible to his own audience.

Rush limbaugh has never actually grown up, he often makes fun of people for no other reason than they disagree with him.

I stopped listening to him on a regular basis (I still listen to him if i'm in the car and his show is on.) when he was talking about a particular news event a few years ago.

He played an audio clip of a reporters comments, then proceeded to claim the reporter actually said something vile about conservatives that she clearly did not.

When it becomes clear that people are more obsessed with making political "gotchas" than they are about being honest it's time to stop taking them seriously.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I dont listen to Limbaugh either. He is just too in love with the sound of his own voice for me.

That's another issue actually.. him fawning over himself at first was kinda funny.

That was 10 years ago.

It's gotten old and become clear that the man drinks his own coolaid. Listening to someone talk about how wonderful they are gets old very fast.

Rush is his own greatest fan.

Upvote 0

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Aside from the fact the most of you don't know enough about the man to even HAVE an opinion, nothing. You are just parroting what someone else told you.

I listened to him for about a year straight when I was out of work, and he says a lot of things that are pretty astute, some things that are out there, but most of all, he cracks a LOT of jokes.

I have never, EVER, heard ONE leftie say ONE WORD about the content of his show, unless it was lifted from some left wing source. And then they were told what to think. I know that because whatever the leftmedia says makes the rounds until you get it.

Wrong. When he first started on CNN Headline News, we watched him every night. We then followed him to Fox because we liked him. The before and after his move were startling. It's like he was holding in the crazy until he got to a channel that wanted it. It started his first week at Fox. We kept watching because Granny still wanted to watch him while she had her dinner and that was fine. Whatever she wanted. After the election, when Glenn's full-on breakdown started, she wanted to quit watching. I said no, because I like to see what the other side is saying.

So don't tell me I don't know what he's saying, because I do. I know exactly what he's saying, doing and what he's trying to start here, and I'm still not convinced he isn't trying to start a race war or a religious war.

A "free pass" for WHAT????

The man is a CITIZEN. He has NO power to pass laws, levy taxes, start wars, pave streets. And so is Sarah Palin, and so is Rush Limbaugh, and so are most of the people the left whines about. They are citizens excercizing their first amendment rights. NONE OF THEM hold political office, and they are not accountable to you or any left wing organization. And you can't argue the content of his show because you don't even know what it is, so you just bear false witness by calling him a "loon" out of hand.

Again, as I've stated, I do watch Glenn and the others so I do know what they are saying. Therefore, since watching him seems to instill one with authority, I can safely say the man is a psychopath.

I would fight to the death for his freedom of speech and the freedom to assemble. The difference is, he would like to shut up everyone who isn't exactly like him. Oh, he'll pretend he doesn't want to, but everything that comes out of his mouth contradicts that. The Black Robe regiment anyone? "Taking back our country"? "Reclaiming America for Christ?" Telling people to leave their churches if they preech on social justice? Exactly what part of those statements includes anyone who doesn't think exactly as he does?

If he wanted free speech, and if he wanted freedom of, or freedom from, religion, and if he wanted America to be the America the Fathers wanted it to be, he wouldn't be pandering to the far religious right to reclaim America for Christ. He wouldn't be sending out Black Robe regiments. He wouldn't be against a mosque or community center several blocks from Ground Zero. And he wouldn't be calling dedicated public servants Communists in a bid to strike up fear mongering.

And in case nobody else will tell Glenn this, I'll tell him: Glenn, when a pasty white man stands up and says he's reclaiming the civil rights movement, he looks like a complete fool. You aren't being oppressed, and you never have been.

I am an extremely theologically conservative Christian, and even I am scared by these people. They (Beck, Palin) might be un-elected, but they have great power. They are using it to line their own pockets by fear-mongering.

I don't think Democrats are perfect. In fact, right about now they are acting like spineless wimps. But I don't see any of them using phrases like "don't retreat, reload." That's not an innocent line. That's a line filled with imagery of guns and violence.

Palin and Beck are powerful, and the left should never, ever, discount their power and influence.

Upvote 0

Threadkiller

Aug 21, 2010
Midwest
✟923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So don't tell me I don't know what he's saying, because I do. I know exactly what he's saying, doing and what he's trying to start here, and I'm still not convinced he isn't trying to start a race war or a religious war.

Well, guess what, that's exactly what I am saying here, because there is no way on earth any reasonable person could have gotten "race war" or "religious war" out of what Beck is saying, unless they are getting talking points from some left wing mouthpiece.

I can safely say the man is a psychopath.

Your president is more of a psychopath than Glenn Beck ever thought about being, and Chuck Krauthammer, the psychiatrist, agrees with ME, not you, although he calls him a narcissist, which is a variety of psychopath.

I am an extremely theologically conservative Christian, and even I am scared by these people.

Well, you are half right, you sound like a fearful person. As for being a conservative Christian, I didn't know conservative Christians bore false witness against people they don't even know.

Upvote 0

Threadkiller

Aug 21, 2010
Midwest
✟923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've pointed this out here before, so I know I'm not the only one who thinks that when Mark Levin gets amped up and frothing with rage he does't sound like a radio talk show host filled with faux or righteous indignation, but more like one of the aliens from "Mars Attacks". It's one of the great ironies of his show. While he relishes referring to people with insulting and diminuative nicknames like "Chucky Schmucky", he himself sounds like a rabid Schnauzer.

Marky Barky! Yap Yap Yap!

"The Great One" my tuckhus.

Argumentum ad hominem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Argumentum ad hominem.

Myopia.

I agree with you. Levins voice is annoying. He may be right on everything, but he has a terrible radio voice.

Pretty much, Levin devolves into a whiner on his own show. It's very very odd. It's as if he's trying to be as irritating as possible to his own audience.

Do you happen to see a pattern in the parts of these posts that I quoted and how they might tie into what I posted and that the whole point out my post was a echoing these sentiments and not an dissection of his opinions?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He is whining about Levin's voice because he has nothing else to say. It's the height of pettiness, and it's crap coming from someone who calls themselves "Christian". You know it, I know it.

I'm whining? You must be having trouble following the course and content of the thread on the last page.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your president is more of a psychopath than Glenn Beck ever thought about being, and Chuck Krauthammer, the psychiatrist, agrees with ME, not you, although he calls him a narcissist, which is a variety of psychopath.

First, this is an appeal to authority. Second, it's already been dealt with, and now is thoroughly a PRATT.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm still wondering what Mark Levin's vocal idiosyncracies have to do with Glenn Beck's rally.

Talk radio host.
Talk radio hosts.
The voice of a particular talk radio host.

It's called topic creep.

Upvote 0

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Well, guess what, that's exactly what I am saying here, because there is no way on earth any reasonable person could have gotten "race war" or "religious war" out of what Beck is saying, unless they are getting talking points from some left wing mouthpiece.

I pointed out I'm not getting talking points from anywhere. I'm watching and listening. He's trying to start something, and it's got nothing to do with honor. Unlike most of the right-wing pundits and Fox News, I don't get talking points and marching orders every morning.

You're right. Glenn probably isn't a psychopath. He's just a paranoid delusional.

Well, you are half right, you sound like a fearful person. As for being a conservative Christian, I didn't know conservative Christians bore false witness against people they don't even know.

I am fearful- fearful of what Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are doing to this country. There's a difference between bearing false witness and giving an opinion on a public figure who has put himself out there to be scrutinized. It's sort of like Glenn when he sees a new commie in the White House every week or the birthers and Obama is a Muslim crowd bear false witness.

Upvote 0