Giving up on life, and not upset about it.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
OK, So Every day I wake up I have nothing and no one.

Divorced and cant see my kids and have no one to wake up to and no one to buy things for and no one to go to church with and every day starting to find I do not care any more.

And the funny thing is , like when I was a kid, I just do not care if I live or die.

Is that something I should worry about?

Because to be honest I don't worry about living or death, Sometimes I feel like death would be welcome, a welcome escape from my reality. In the past I would play like I might commit suicide to get my way, but this is different, this is real and i'm not afraid to die. And i'm not thinking about suicide but am wanting a way out of my stupid existence.

You have heard of many who have a bad life, or have a horrible life, ok, ok, I have no life, nothing. I am wishing I had a bad life over no life.

So I spend my days preaching the word of God and the love of Jesus and how he died for us.
I'm finding this to be fulfilling but my life is still void. At least I could have some friends every day to talk to, to look forward to say hi and who are concerned for me, but nothing.

I meet a lot of people on here who talk for awhile but then loose interest for some reason or another and stop responding, I guess there busy, and that's ok, at least they have some sort of life, I'm glade for them.

Am i the only one? is there others who fell the same as I?

Looking for advise, not for others to pity me or fell bad for me, take that pity party out of here lol.

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going to pm you and give my number always here for you as your brother in Christ

Divorced and cant see my kids and have no one to wake up to and no one to buy things for and no one to go to church with and every day starting to find I do not care any more.

And the funny thing is , like when I was a kid, I just do not care if I live or die.

Because to be honest I don't worry about living or death, Sometimes I feel like death would be welcome, a welcome escape from my reality. In the past I would play like I might commit suicide to get my way, but this is different, this is real and i'm not afraid to die. And i'm not thinking about suicide but am wanting a way out of my stupid existence.

You have heard of many who have a bad life, or have a horrible life, ok, ok, I have no life, nothing. I am wishing I had a bad life over no life.

So I spend my days preaching the word of God and the love of Jesus and how he died for us.
I'm finding this to be fulfilling but my life is still void. At least I could have some friends every day to talk to, to look forward to say hi and who are concerned for me, but nothing.

I meet a lot of people on here who talk for awhile but then loose interest for some reason or another and stop responding, I guess there busy, and that's ok, at least they have some sort of life, I'm glade for them.

Looking for advise, not for others to pity me or fell bad for me, take that pity party out of here lol.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Divorced and cant see my kids

why can't you see your children?

you do have friends, though?
as you posted before:

"I shared one of these videos to a friend"

get together with some of your friends, ask one of them to go to church with you

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
H
Its funny, I click on your conversation but there is no way to reply in the conversation, all my other conversations I can reply backi to.
Mmm ill send a new one don't know why it did that

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no friends, just employees who work for me lol.

do admit as one gets older, more difficult to make new friends
don't know why that is

my child makes friends so easily and wish it were that easy as we get older

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
do admit as one gets older, more difficult to make new friends
don't know why that is

my child makes friends so easily and wish it were that easy as we get older

I'm 45, and no one cares to be my friend, unless they need money, but then there just like closed up friends lol.

I am a man over 40 who is divorced, no one wants a friend who is a man over 40, I find it well, pointless to be honest .

Like i said, I have rely given up, And the funny thing is , I just do not care about life any more, maybe that is a good thing. Jesus does say not to care for this life, and now, its easy to do.

• Friendly
Reactions: A. Sinner
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi you might be a social misfit that people tend to withdraw from. There are relationship skills that are critical to forming friendships. If at this stage of your life you are friendless that is sad. Relationships are best built on common interests and all. Are you serving the LORD in a church? You always start your relationships with an introduction and it takes time to go from stranger to friend and from friend to a good friend. You say you are preaching; are you one of those guys on the side of the road with a bull horn? Or do you engage people in conversation like Ray Comfort. At any rate many churches have mens groups that meet. They talk about things in the Bible and usually break down into smaller groups. The same with home fellowships. The small group is where small support groups begin as you share prayer request and what is going on in life. Our Christian life is to spent pouring out agape love on others. This often results in others loving us back.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi you might be a social misfit that people tend to withdraw from. There are relationship skills that are critical to forming friendships. If at this stage of your life you are friendless that is sad. Relationships are best built on common interests and all. Are you serving the LORD in a church? You always start your relationships with an introduction and it takes time to go from stranger to friend and from friend to a good friend. You say you are preaching; are you one of those guys on the side of the road with a bull horn? Or do you engage people in conversation like Ray Comfort. At any rate many churches have mens groups that meet. They talk about things in the Bible and usually break down into smaller groups. The same with home fellowships. The small group is where small support groups begin as you share prayer request and what is going on in life. Our Christian life is to spent pouring out agape love on others. This often results in others loving us back.

Ok, where to start.

I'm at the point where I just don't care any longer and this is where I need help.

I find it hypocritical how I need to be the start in a friendship Becouse I'm the one in need.

Mabie I'm wrong here but the body of Jesus is suppose to run to me and be my family in time of need. So all my family are hypocrites who truly do not serve God and this frightened me to learn.

I'm alone completely and do not have any one to go to church with me.

The scarry thing is all my life I've needed others to do things with me, it's a social mental problem I think. So now I have no one so I never go do anything. It's a catch 22.

I do all God's preaching online.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scarry thing is all my life I've needed others to do things with me, it's a social mental problem I think. So now I have no one so I never go do anything.

you have to get over thinking you need someone next to you to go anywhere and do anything

am an introvert but still have gone to woman's retreats by myself and even vacationed by myself when husband was travelling for work over a major holiday

so get out there and live
if an introverted person like me can venture out, then know you can too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
you have to get over thinking you need someone next to you to go anywhere and do anything

am an introvert but still have gone to woman's retreats by myself and even vacationed by myself when husband was travelling for work over a major holiday

so get out there and live
if an introverted person like me can venture out, then know you can too!

And when i do? then what?

See, you are married, your not abandoned and alone.

Its easy to say, and yes, i have gone out some times, but nothing happens, no one is still there for me and no one want to go out with me to have fun.

So when i do go out, its pointless, and when i wake up to find i just do not care about living any longer its a struggle to even care at all.

When i was married and everything was fine I also thought how easy life was, but now, that no one cares to even call or say hello or take me to even church, I have given up all together.

But thank you for caring enough to respond.

• Informative
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
husband travels for work
one year, he was gone 1/3 of the year mostly overseas
no one checks up on me

last yr, tire started hissing when child and I out
prayed we could make it home
but 1/2 way home, tire gave out
tried to start changing but I have little strength
a man came out of his house, said he just happened to be sitting on couch looking out his window, and he helped

told the man I'd prayed to make it home
when I went to give him money after his help, he wouldn't accept as he said "I'd prayed"

you're not alone as God is always here
invite a neighbor or one of your employees to go to church with you

Your missing the point here my friend.

I wake up alone and fall asleep alone for over 5 years now, No one wants to go out, no one wants to go to church, there all full of excuses and no one cares.

Its not that simple, and when I do find some one to go out, they call to cancel as no one wants to go out with a 40 something divorced male.

That's the facts.

It good there was some one there to help you, God was looking out for you, good for him.

Its more then that, its every day, day in and day out with nothing, nothing to hope for, nothing to wish for, nothing to grasp for. I don't any longer fell its over, I wake up every day knowing its over, but am ok with it. And juts that to me that is a warning sign.

I went from the most loving and caring person ever, I would do anything for you, even strangers, to some one who has given up on all things.

I work 16 hours a day just about every day with no human contact other then my job.

I just wish the world was more caring for others who are alone.

Also you have others in your life, you have something to look forward to, others to care for and some one who will come home to you.

I do not look forward to my future as getting older, if its this bad now, just think how bad it will be when I'm 60 or older, all alone, by my self for ever? that no life for me, I would rather be dead to be honest, with God forever.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[/QUOTE]"Daniel Wright: "Ok, where to start. I'm at the point where I just don't care any longer & this is where I need help."
Welcome Daniel, to CF! I am glad you are posting here.

Ok where do I start? I am glad you are seeking for help. We all need it for sure. First, you aren't alone in not caring about things any longer. I HAVE been there but I am no longer at that point. I changed my thinking & my ways to live life from God's viewpoint & learning wisdom, the skill of living as God desires. But this isn't about me, but you. Consider the prophet Jeremiah:

Lamentations 3:1ff I am the man who has seen affliction under the rod of God’s wrath. He has driven me away & made me walk in darkness instead of light. He has besieged me & surrounded me with bitterness & hardship. He has made me dwell in darkness like those dead for ages. He has walled me in so I cannot escape; He has weighed me down with chains. Even when I cry out and plead for help, He shuts out my prayer. My soul has been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. So I say, “My strength has perished along with my hope from the LORD.”

You are not the only one who has gotten to this point.

Consider the great prophet Elijah:

And Elijah was afraid & ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, while he himself traveled on a day’s journey into the wilderness. He sat down under a broom tree & prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, LORD,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” Then he lay down under the broom tree & fell asleep. Suddenly an angel touched him & said, “Get up & eat.” And he looked around & there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals & a jar of water. So he ate & drank and lay down again. A second time the angel of the LORD returned & touched him, saying, “Get up & eat, for the journey will be too much for you.” So he got up & ate & drank. And strengthened by that food, he walked forty days & forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God.

There Elijah entered a cave & spent the night. And the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” “I have been very zealous for the LORD, the God of Hosts,” he replied, “but the Israelites have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars & killed Your prophets with the sword. I am THE ONLY ONE LEFT & they are seeking my life as well.” Then the LORD said, “Go out & stand on the mountain before the LORD.

And a great & mighty wind tore into the mountains & shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a still, small voice.

When Elijah HEARD IT--

he wrapped his face in his cloak & went out & stood at the mouth of the cave. Suddenly a Voice came to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

“I have been very zealous for the LORD, the God of Hosts,” he replied, “but the Israelites have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well.”

Then the LORD said to him, “Go back the way you came, to the Desert of Damascus. When you arrive, you are to anoint Hazael as king over Aram. You are also to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel & Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel-meholah to succeed you as prophet...Nevertheless, I have reserved 7000 in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed to Baal & whose mouths have not kissed him.”

Your words: "I'm alone completely." Elijah's words: "I am the only one left." He stopped following the LORD.

God has been caring for you all this time, with a job, food, clothing, housing, just like He cared for Elijah. But He is asking you the same question, maybe twice like the prophet Elijah when he kept HIDING: "What are you doing here, Daniel Wright--at this point in your life?"

God told Job this when he was questioning why he was in such a difficult situation & wanting to just give up:
Job 38:1,2 “Who is this who obscures My counsel by words without knowledge? Get ready (gird your loins, brace yourself) to answer Me LIKE A MAN; when I question (demand answers of) you, then you answer Me."

It is time to man up, Daniel. Time to go hear God's still small voice, to spend time ALONE with the Lord, to give & to get answers to 'what are you doing here' & how to get unstuck & move up & onward. You will notice God's answer to Elijah's pity party. 'You are still a prophet, Elijah. Go do what I tell you. And by the way, you aren't the only one, I have 7000 more who follow Me & not Baal.'

Second, YOU got TO THIS POINT by following a certain path that you chose & to think a certain way that you are thinking & to make decisions based on that thinking. You can't blame others. Those recovering in AA call it 'stinkin' thinkin' & gave a definition of insanity: doing something over & over again & expecting a different result.

Go back & read Lamentations chapter 3. See what Jeremiah did when he was at that point to get unstuck. Read Jeremiah chapter 17 for additional insights.

Get rid of the erroneous thinking that it is 'hypocritical how I need to be the start in a friendship becouse I'm the one in need." Quit hiding. You go out & meet with the saints of God as they assemble locally. You love your neighbor AS YOURSELF. Let God meet your needs while you obey Him & love your neighbor & meet their needs. That is what love is all about. YOU reach out.

You will find as I did, that I needed to quit hiding & to go out of my way to love God & love my neighbors. In that very process, I learned a valuable lesson. I got my eyes off myself & on to God & to the needs of others. And when I did, suddenly my needs were being met at the same time! What a surprise. Obeying the Lord DOES WORK WONDERS.

Another thing is that you don't 'go to church' you are the church, being spiritually baptized into one body. YOU need to exercise within the body of Christ the gifts that God has graciously given you. When you obey God & do that, suddenly your needs are being wonderfully met. Amazing how that happens!

Third, there was an initial point in your life when you DID CARE, enjoyed life & had meaningful relationships. That means there is HOPE & a way out from staying stuck at this point. Jesus gives counsel to those in THE CHURCH AT EPHESUS:
Rev 2:5 Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent & perform the deeds you did at first."

Return to your first love! You once again need a BIG DOSE of God's truth found in His Word to render useless these pitiful lies of the enemy that he has cleverly got you to believe.

Heb 10:32 Remember the early days that you were in the light, when you endured a great conflict in the face of suffering.

Things happened & you were hurt & that hurt led you to withdraw so you wouldn't get further hurt. The hurt developed into a root of bitterness & blaming others for the state you are presently in. Now you have been alone long enough & have withdrawn long enough, that making an effort to get out of this unhealthy predicament is not worth the effort IN YOUR OWN THINKING. You give up trying & go into survival subsistence. But one cannot keep going this way without serious damage to our soul/psyche. Being numb comes from supressing the truth long enough that I begin believing lies as the truth.

So what to do about this 'stinkin thinkin' or believing the lies of the enemy who has come to 'steal, kill & destroy.' The devil comes to steal the joy of the LORD from you. He would love to convince you that killing yourself is the best solution & would be the quick way to end your meaningless struggle AT THIS POINT. He also wants to destroy, to render your service to God useless & futile & no longer worthy to pursue.

So far he has worked you over pretty good on the first two. Congrats to you that you rejected the second one & are still preaching the gospel, the GOOD NEWS concerning Jesus Christ. Now THAT is GOOD NEWS! (I can imagine you grinning on this one, in spite of yourself!)

Ok. Time to man up again, Daniel Wright! Time to RESIST the devil, reject his lies & put on the full armor of God. Read Ephesians 6 again. One thing I have gotten into the habit of saying each morning I wake up & am laying in bed, is the memorized verses of Psalm 118:23,24:

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice & be glad in it. Save NOW, O LORD, we beseech Thee. O LORD, we beseech Thee, grant us success."

Feel free to respond to anything I have written. I look forward to your response & your encouragement toward me.

One last thought: Rev 3:2,3 "Be watchful & strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die; because I have not found your works perfected (yet) before God."

Jesus isn't finished with you yet, Daniel. He has much more work for you to do & for His work in you, bringing you to full maturity in Him. Therefore we can have hope!

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

Yoooo Daniel, (jk I never talk like that) pm me man I’d love to talk. Also I understand about feeling lonely at times I’ve been there to some degree. I’m here for you man you’re not alone at least not by this forum. I don’t intend to lose interest in converstations we may have. Hit me up I’ll chat for sure.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great idea D. Taylor! My elderly dad was getting depressed after my mom passing away and going on to be with the Lord & not having any motivation to go on. He had had dogs all his life but after the death of his last dog near mom's death, he said he wouldn't get another dog. Well, us siblings decided to take him to see a few dogs & he saw one named 'Uh Oh.' LOL He took him home & it has made a real difference in his attitude. He had to take care of someone else & it made him feel young again & provides great companionship. I often hear him say to little Uh Oh, "You love your poppa, don't you?" :clap:

Upvote 0