Giving up on life, and not upset about it.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None, even if, When i do go to church, no one talks to me or even cares.

There all married and involved in there own family's and do not have time for others.

Hello Daniel. That can be an issue, cliques in church. My advice would be to keep trying, try others. There will be a good church out there for you, a good church can make a lot of difference. I was out of church after a bad experience 2007-08. Must have visited twenty, finally I struck gold. The bible says 'not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching' (Heb 10:25). if it's any consolation to you the day is approaching, fast. And you see by the number of friendly responses here that you're not alone or friendless. Alone is someone locked up in a solitary confinement cell for life, for being a Christian, like Raoul Wallenberg. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think its interesting.

I myself have a burden to live for the good life (70 years).

You might think that means I am happy to be on my way to the good life, but I have been on medication,, and it has been a very difficult journey, so far.

Still, I have hope it will be better, in the end.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
OK, So Every day I wake up I have nothing and no one.

Divorced and cant see my kids and have no one to wake up to and no one to buy things for and no one to go to church with and every day starting to find I do not care any more.

And the funny thing is , like when I was a kid, I just do not care if I live or die.

Is that something I should worry about?

Because to be honest I don't worry about living or death, Sometimes I feel like death would be welcome, a welcome escape from my reality. In the past I would play like I might commit suicide to get my way, but this is different, this is real and i'm not afraid to die. And i'm not thinking about suicide but am wanting a way out of my stupid existence.

You have heard of many who have a bad life, or have a horrible life, ok, ok, I have no life, nothing. I am wishing I had a bad life over no life.

So I spend my days preaching the word of God and the love of Jesus and how he died for us.
I'm finding this to be fulfilling but my life is still void. At least I could have some friends every day to talk to, to look forward to say hi and who are concerned for me, but nothing.

I meet a lot of people on here who talk for awhile but then loose interest for some reason or another and stop responding, I guess there busy, and that's ok, at least they have some sort of life, I'm glade for them.

Am i the only one? is there others who fell the same as I?

Looking for advise, not for others to pity me or fell bad for me, take that pity party out of here lol.
I hear you, but there is one thing you do not realize. Evangelism a total wild card for the gospel of Jesus. That is what I am. I praise the day I go home to Jesus. As long as I am here on earth. I evangelize. Jesus t-shirts, hats. Walk around with a Jesus Saves sign. Am a witness to friends and family. Any chance I get Jesus is coming. We had better get ready.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where is Daniel? I used to see his posts and always enjoyed them.
I bet there are more people than you think that feel the way Daniel does. I do, feel pretty much the same.
Why not have a registry of contacts that would be there for people who need an ear or a hug, etc and are willing to be a part of the list of people who are in the same boat and available. I for one would like to listen and chat. I get lonely as well.
I want to be a friend and have friends that would care. So what do you all say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where is Daniel? I used to see his posts and always enjoyed them.
I bet there are more people than you think that feel the way Daniel does. I do, feel pretty much the same.
Why not have a registry of contacts that would be there for people who need an ear or a hug, etc and are willing to be a part of the list of people who are in the same boat and available. I for one would like to listen and chat. I get lonely as well.
I want to be a friend and have friends that would care. So what do you all say?

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It seems an easy thing to have a list of people who want to participate that would register. When you need comfort, care or just a hi. You pm some one on the list. The list would be somewhere here set up just for this.
I hope the powers that be will consider setting it up..In the mean time feel free to pm me if you need some one to listen or, etc?:)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I feel similar. I work a stressful job and am too tired on weekends to see anyone, its mundane and a mentally draining routine. Im not suicidal either but I don't care about this life much, death would be fine.
Thanks for posting:)

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems an easy thing to have a list of people who want to participate that would register. When you need comfort, care or just a hi. You pm some one on the list. The list would be somewhere here set up just for this.
I hope the powers that be will consider setting it up..In the mean time feel free to pm me if you need some one to listen or, etc?:)

Its a good idea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Daniel,

I believe we're living in the terrible times foretold in 2 Timothy 3, one of the symptoms being a lack of love in society and in the church leading to isolation. These times will pass when the Lord returns- our blessed hope as the bible says.

I know how you feel, I've had very tough times. The church I attend now I found it extremely difficult to break into at first, it was large, to an extent cliquey. Prayer and persistence got me through. Some people are more outgoing and have more 'social skills' than I, but I think a key is to find someone who shares the same passions as yourself and therefore you already have a real connection with them from the first. You talked about evangelism, find someone else who has an evangelists heart, you will already have a good connection with them. Perhaps you can evangelize together.

Another key I have found is to remember there is always someone worse off than myself. There's an older guy who goes to my church, 72, slight learning and physical (hearing) disabilities, has mental illness, single and poor. I formed a friendship with him, he talks of being isolated and lonely to the point of sometimes considering suicide and that few in the church speak to him because of his profile. During the lock-down we were in daily contact. He's a strong believer with excellent spiritual insight, when you take the time to get to know him. By being a blessing to others in greater need we can be blessed. God Bless You :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, if we try to come forward and CF sees a need we may get a "friend in need" going
They won't do it unless they see it is needed.
I did notice He is gone, I was hoping he might come forward. Maybe he will come back if he sees a forum for comfort and friendship.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0