Giving God complete control... What does it feel like???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
For those who have had experience in allowing God to have complete control during a very tough time.... What did it feel like?? Is it normal to be a little scared & emotional??

Is it true that even with God sometimes good things dont always start out easy?? Like there are a little rough edges to smooth to get to the next phase??

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What did it feel like??

If the trial your going through is rough enough then it will be the only thing you can do. Afterwords it was Little unnerving at first, but when I saw him providing and taking care of the situation, a perfect sense of peace came over me.

Is it true that even with God sometimes good things dont always start out easy??
Personally I don't think I have ever had a "good thing" ever start out easy. In fact I don't know that I have ever known a "good thing" to be good while i was going through it. Usually I note them to truly be good well after the trial has past.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

For those who have had experience in allowing God to have complete control during a very tough time.... What did it feel like?? Is it normal to be a little scared & emotional??

Is it true that even with God sometimes good things dont always start out easy?? Like there are a little rough edges to smooth to get to the next phase??

Following the Spirit requires faith, beginning and end... emotion has nothing to do with it... fear is not of God.

Upvote 0

theVirginian

Mar 5, 2007
✟15,879.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Trusting God completely ain't for the faint of heart, but as one gains experience, even though the situations may get trickier, a seasoned Christian tends to take them in stride. When Peter was in prison waiting to be executed, he slept so soundly that the angel sent to lead him out had to smack him on his side to wake him up.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The ONLY person who trusted in God COMPLETELY...100% was Christ. We can convince ourselves that we're coming close, but we cannot do it.

So, to respond...of course our human emotions and doubt will get in the way. And yes, God will allow us to go through rough patches some times before bringing us to better pastures.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Ameri, absolutely, in fact many times there is a temptation to be fearful or emotional or doubting. But understand, it is a temptation, not you, not God. Those feelings are just that, temptations to trust what you feel rather than the God who can see you through to the other side.

Paul said "My brethren, count it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you."

We are taught that it is the trial of our faith that increases our faith. It is God's way. Do not doubt the hand of God upon you if you have put all in His hand. That is why we are told to count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations...temptations to doubt our God's keeping power. pr whether He accepted your offering of yourself. Count it joy! Faith is exercised just as the body is...no resistance, no gain. You are doing great! Stay the course.

In Him,

Gideon

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Feelings? I don't know, everybody is different. If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't expect it to feel any different than from before you allowed God to have complete control. You can be pleasantly/unpleasantly surprised by any difference. But, you know, life isn't about feelings, it's about objective reality. Read the book of Job: sometimes it's all rough. All of it. You have to give glory to God through it all, even if the last few chapters of Job are elided and you're left sitting on a dunghill. The next phase could be rougher. That's what faith means. You trust God even if it is all darkness until you die. Wooooo!

Upvote 0

over the rainbow

Dec 13, 2007
✟15,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I'm usually in an emotional meltdown when I finally remember to call to God and when in those the times I have felt God's presence working in my life, I felt amazement.....sheer amazement. I have seen God work miracles with my children and I have seen God in people, the Bible, and just in the world. It is such a relief to know that God is there. And yes, I still have doubts (quite regularly, quite often, because I am just learning to trust God), but I get amazed everytime, that God would bother to reach out to lowly me when the rest of the world needs Him so much. So to answer your question, I feel amazement and relief in spite of my "aggravating doubts." You'd think I'd truly believe by now, heh? I have a very hard head and most of the time I have to knock it with bricks before I will let God in my life.

Cindy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.