Getting free from Demonic attacks alone?

I know that not every Christian believes in Demonic curses and strongholds, this question is for the ones who do.
If a Christin is under a demonic attack or curse, if they don't really have anybody to pray with them or for them, how do they face it on their own? I know about fasting and prayer, but what if that doesn't help? Repentance for sins and forgiving others, that doesn't change things either. These things set aside, what is left? How can this person even know that it's a demonic hold?
Remember please, not everybody has others that will truly pray for them. There may be people who will go through the motions of prayer for another, but if they don't beleive or care, if their hearts are not sincere, what profit is their to the one receiving the prayer?:confused:
So many Churches and people in the Churches are not sincere or truly faithful to God. Myself, I always though an insincere prayer is more damaging than no prayer.
any Advice from those who do believe? Thank You.:pray:

K

Kingsdotter

Hello, I do believe people face demonic attacks. I also know that sometimes you can pray, fast and do possibly everything within your power to battle against them, and it still seems like u are dealing with the same demons. Please do not loose hope, God sees your effort and He is working to see u through this. My advice is, continue in prayer, fasting, and in reading God's word. The secret to winning spiritual battles is to pray, seek God's help, and never give up. God bless

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟801,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you've repented and forgiven, I would continue to fast, pray, read my Bible, and spend time in worship (daily).

- set aside some time to deliberately focus on Yahweh more
- thanksgiving, praising Him,
- play some music ((like religious Christmas lyrics that are about Him),
- focus on Scripture such as Psa 145 (love audio Bibles at biblegateway.com)
- think about some of His titles, names, and attributes and
- sing a song to an audience of One (can change a song's lyrics or make up the lyrics), etc. yet listening.
- glorify His name and tell Him who He is to me.

I Thess 5:17; John 4:24; Psa 16:11; 46:10, 69:30; 71:23; and 100:4.

Upvote 0

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
Mandurah, Western Australia
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the other responses already posted. I guess with technology today you never need to be totally on your own. Use Skype and get into a prayer group. Skype me, I will pray with you - PM me, and we can pray together in spiritual warfare.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know that not every Christian believes in Demonic curses and strongholds, this question is for the ones who do.
If a Christin is under a demonic attack or curse, if they don't really have anybody to pray with them or for them, how do they face it on their own? I know about fasting and prayer, but what if that doesn't help? Repentance for sins and forgiving others, that doesn't change things either. These things set aside, what is left? How can this person even know that it's a demonic hold?
Remember please, not everybody has others that will truly pray for them. There may be people who will go through the motions of prayer for another, but if they don't beleive or care, if their hearts are not sincere, what profit is their to the one receiving the prayer?:confused:
So many Churches and people in the Churches are not sincere or truly faithful to God. Myself, I always though an insincere prayer is more damaging than no prayer.
any Advice from those who do believe? Thank You.:pray:

fasting and prayer will help you overcome your natural unbelief that arises from being in a flesh body, and therefore your faith will be more effective; fasting and prayer does nothing against the enemy directly:

Mat 17:19-21 KJV
(19) Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
(20) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
(21) Howbeit this kind <of unbelief> goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

text enclosed in "<>" added by me

follow Jesus' instructions on this, and His example:

Mat 10:8 KJV
(8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Mar 1:23-25 KJV
(23) And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
(24) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
(25) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Keep seeking those fervent prayers of the righteous that God says are effective than those who pray but with unbelief..God doesn't hear their weak, doubting prayers. Especially if its a man who argues with his wife..the bible says their prayers are hindered.

I had to ask many to pray for me before I got free but it just takes one who availeth much.(that means, one had this connection To God that really worked) your best bet is a husband and wife ministering team.

Also don't just know about prayer and fasting..DO IT. I found the best thing to do is pray at night because you are fasting at nighttime anyway. And then you can decide when to have breakfast..or break the fast. Pray until something happens. Hope this helps.

If you like me to pray with you or skype you can pm me. But I think try those first.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A group of young people went to swim at the local swimming hole. One of them who was not a strong swimmer found himself about to drowned so he began to cry out. The others turned to the one with them who was strong enough to reach him in time but he just stood on the shore watching. Soon the man in trouble had used all his streangth and began to go under; imediately the strong man dove in the water and pulled him to shore. One of the others standing by rebuked the strong mam "he could have died why did you wait?" As long as he had streangth he would have fought me but when he surrenderd I could save him. I will pray for you. As for you take your bible go to john chapter 17. Pray tell God you surrender completly and read verse by verse asking God to make the meaning clear to you ask him to make you free that you trust him. Do this every day more than once if need be.the whole chapter praying for understanding as you go. Keep in mind this was spoken right before he broke the power of every evil thing on the cross. You will be free do not quit till He does this work in you.Amen. Message me let me know how your doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thatforumguy77

Random Person
Nov 5, 2013
✟8,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Frankly, you cannot do it alone. Not even with a partner. Truth is, a multitude of "Christians" can't help you. Only Jesus can do it - prayer is only a means to ask for JESUS's intervention. The power of prayer is not in the prayer, but in the ONE WHO ANSWERS THE PRAYER.

So, here's a suggestion, based on that thesis ~ If you are under attack, do you not look for a hiding place? So, Hide in Christ. Only he can save you.

How to do this? In a practical manner? Seek JESUS. If you find Him and he grants power to save you from this attack, then that is well. But if you can't, if you are blinded by either sin or temptation, or any chink in your Christian armor, then you need someone to pray for you - someone who can lead you to Christ - someone who can see Christ without anything hindering their sight. Find a mature Christian in a Church to help you out. Perhaps a missionary can help, some are experienced in exorcism.

But here's the end thing. Only Christ can save. Only Christ has power over the demons tormenting you. You must recognize Christ HAS THE POWER. If you have a victim mentality, and believe Christ cannot help you, then your doubt will be your downfall. Only Christ can save, and prayer has no fuel without faith. Others, well, others can only intercede for you. Their prayers have no power on its own. So have faith, but also seek others who can help you. Especially those who have a known relationship with Christ.

That said, I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is also the purpose of reading john 17 the act of reading will gain you no spiritual power of itself but the understanding of these things that Jesus has the power and he.will do the work will bring you to him and in his presance demons tremble and cry and are cast out. Life is to know the father not say the right thing.

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't respond to your replies in d=so long but I just can;t think clearly too often these days.
What type of demonic attacks are you experiencing?
BFine, I don't know what to call it except DEPRIVE! I won't go into detail because I have talked about it in other threads in the past. But all y life, it seems like everything I try for is snatched away from me - repeatedly. I've never had a dream come true - no matter how hard I try. If I get my heart set on going somewhere or getting something I've always wanted - at the last minute, I lose it. This has been all my life. I save a little money back, something will happen to take it - every time!
Just this summer, I was suppose to move to Texas with a relative. I had stuff in storage and was trying to save money. But after I bought my (non-refunnable) ticket, it fell through.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,276,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
James 4:7-8New King James Version (NKJV)

Humility Cures Worldliness

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If a Christin is under a demonic attack or curse, if they don't really have anybody to pray with them or for them, how do they face it on their own?

No Christian ever faces anything truly alone. Every believer has the Holy Spirit of God dwelling within them. He is the Source of their spiritual life and power. Do you really believe God would leave one of His children at the mercy of the demonic just because they didn't have somebody praying for them? That's a pretty low view of God, I think!

I know about fasting and prayer, but what if that doesn't help? Repentance for sins and forgiving others, that doesn't change things either. These things set aside, what is left? How can this person even know that it's a demonic hold?

See 1 John 4. Test the spirits.

Our victory over the demonic is not found in rituals or spiritual procedures but in Christ. Thinking that you must do everything just right to activate God puts you in a place of prominence in the battle with the demonic that you ought not to have. You can't beat the devil; only Christ can do - and has done - that.

See above.

Selah.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I didn't respond to your replies in d=so long but I just can;t think clearly too often these days.

BFine, I don't know what to call it except DEPRIVE! I won't go into detail because I have talked about it in other threads in the past. But all y life, it seems like everything I try for is snatched away from me - repeatedly. I've never had a dream come true - no matter how hard I try. If I get my heart set on going somewhere or getting something I've always wanted - at the last minute, I lose it. This has been all my life. I save a little money back, something will happen to take it - every time!
Just this summer, I was suppose to move to Texas with a relative. I had stuff in storage and was trying to save money. But after I bought my (non-refunnable) ticket, it fell through.

* Interesting, have you ever thought that all those "doors being closed" weren't
for evil?
What if all that was to grow you spiritually?

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Frankly, you cannot do it alone. Not even with a partner. Truth is, a multitude of "Christians" can't help you. Only Jesus can do it - prayer is only a means to ask for JESUS's intervention. The power of prayer is not in the prayer, but in the ONE WHO ANSWERS THE PRAYER.

So, here's a suggestion, based on that thesis ~ If you are under attack, do you not look for a hiding place? So, Hide in Christ. Only he can save you.

How to do this? In a practical manner? Seek JESUS. If you find Him and he grants power to save you from this attack, then that is well. But if you can't, if you are blinded by either sin or temptation, or any chink in your Christian armor, then you need someone to pray for you - someone who can lead you to Christ - someone who can see Christ without anything hindering their sight. Find a mature Christian in a Church to help you out. Perhaps a missionary can help, some are experienced in exorcism.

But here's the end thing. Only Christ can save. Only Christ has power over the demons tormenting you. You must recognize Christ HAS THE POWER. If you have a victim mentality, and believe Christ cannot help you, then your doubt will be your downfall. Only Christ can save, and prayer has no fuel without faith. Others, well, others can only intercede for you. Their prayers have no power on its own. So have faith, but also seek others who can help you. Especially those who have a known relationship with Christ.

That said, I will pray for you.

This.

Please don't fall into the trap of thinking that rituals, works, and chants can help you. "If I pray this... if I quote this verse... if I get rid of this object... if I play this music". Read the post above over and over until it fully sinks in. Stop seeking "deliverance" and start seeking "Jesus Christ". He is the one and only answer.

Upvote 0