Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of one's view of Sen. McCain, attacking a dead man for five days straight is un-Christian, un-Presidential and ill advised from a political standpoint.

We can't honestly expect Donald Trump to behave like a Christian when (1) he said he's never asked God for forgiveness; (2) he lies as if it is second nature to him; (3) he bragged about groping multiple women; (4) he bragged about watching young beauty contestants getting undressed; (5) he had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her; and (6) he's twice divorced and in his third marriage to his former mistress. Furthermore, we can't expect him to act presidential either when he uses his Twitter account to attack, belittle and mock the people (alive or dead) he doesn't like. He's a draft dodger who praises dictators and insults American war heroes like McCain. As far as him being ill-advised, he watches Fox News and dismisses reports from top government intelligence agencies.

Trump's most notable insults

Trump's Long History of Racism

Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies

Trump averaged 15 falsehoods a day in 2018

Donald Trump’s Long Record of Degrading Women

A quick guide to the people and groups Donald Trump has insulted

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I keep thinking that Trump must be really scared or upset about something if he keeps showing how a dead man makes him feel so insecure and threatened. or possibly unhinged. This is just not normal and it's terribly disgusting.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I keep thinking that Trump must be really scared or upset about something if he keeps showing how a dead man makes him feel so insecure and threatened. or possibly unhinged. This is just not normal and it's terribly disgusting.

The scary thing is that Trump still has any supporters out there, when he's broken just about every social taboo out there concerning decency

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The scary thing is that Trump still has any supporters out there, when he's broken just about every social taboo out there concerning decency
He seems to have taken on the status of a cult personality and that is why tens of millions still stand by him. However, he has lost some ground with moderate Republicans, so his only hope would seem to be that the Dems nominate a ticket that is too much on the political fringe.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, the McCain family should take this as a compliment- Trump is so rattled by John McCain's legacy that he can't help blathering about him as though he is a rival for some imaginary fistfight.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly, the McCain family should take this as a compliment- Trump is so rattled by John McCain's legacy that he can't help blathering about him as though he is a rival for some imaginary fistfight.

Amen, that's exactly what I was thinking.

His daughter nailed it with her comments about Donald's attacks on her dad. She's right that it's pathetic. Her dad lives in the hearts of his family. He was a very well-loved man. Senator McCain lives rent-free in Donald's head. Donald gives him that space.

Senator McCain lived his life fully. He put his mind on things that matter. It's why he didn't "clap back" at the childish taunts & other nonsense from Donald Trump. Donald has temper tantrums over reruns of SNL. He makes up ridiculous lies over trivial things like saying Tim Apple. He expends so much time, energy on things that don't matter. Senator McCain focused on what does matter.

Folks want to try to say that Senator McCain hated Donald, that that was why he wasn't invited to the funeral. I don't believe that for a second. If you hate somebody you give up your own energy. You invest yourself into that hate. Like how Donald invests so much of his life into putting out hate. McCain didn't give that to Donald on account of Donald just not being worthy. I think he wanted his family to focus on what mattered during his funeral, not have to give up their time, their energy, giving Donald the time of day. He had two presidents eulogize him. He is still going to be a loved man no matter how much Donald tries to throw mud on his legacy. It is indeed a compliment that Donald is trying to argue with the legacy of John McCain, that he still feels such rivalry with a man who is resting in heavenly peace.

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think what's so unsettling about Trump is that he has so many conservative Christian supporters who still support and defend him, no matter what he says or does. I think it's a terrible witness for these Christians to make repeated excuses for his very immoral and unchristian behavior.

These Christians NEVER would have said "Don't judge him for his sins!" or "His sins are between him and God!" if he had stuck to his liberal political views instead of pretending to be a conservative now.

He said he has a great relationship with Evangelicals. He said: “They say I have the most loyal people, where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It's like incredible" (Donald Trump: They say I could ‘shoot somebody’ and still have support).

The Republican Party can never again claim to be the political party of Christian morals and values because of Trump. As I said before, I think as a result of this unwavering support for him by the Christian Right, there are news articles like these: "evangelical's very public sin," "evangelicals sell their souls for Trump," "evangelical convictions for sell," "the great evangelical compromise," and "evangelicals abandon their principles" and there are other articles like the ones posted below.

An Open Letter to Trump’s Evangelical Defenders

Trump-Loving Christians Owe Bill Clinton an Apology

I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Evangelicals slammed Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct. So why does Trump get a pass?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Years later, I traveled to Hanoi with McCain and visited that prison, which is now a museum. A group of Vietnamese high school students came through and when they recognized him, they began chanting his name, cheering, clapping and asking for pictures and autographs. McCain had become a hero to the Vietnamese people because he had sponsored the legislation that normalized U.S. relations with Vietnam, the country that had treated him so inhumanely.

Somehow, he had found it within his soul to put the past behind him and lead the way forward in U.S.-Vietnam relations because that was in the best interests of the United States. McCain was a passionate person, and he had a temper, but he rarely stayed angry at anyone. He liked people generally, but I also think he concluded that it wasn’t worth staying angry, particularly at those you needed to work with to get things done. He was always looking forward, not backward.

Former Senator Joseph I. Lieberman
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4dbcf38ba41_story.html?utm_term=.7f2625bc8114

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Years later, I traveled to Hanoi with McCain and visited that prison, which is now a museum. A group of Vietnamese high school students came through and when they recognized him, they began chanting his name, cheering, clapping and asking for pictures and autographs. McCain had become a hero to the Vietnamese people because he had sponsored the legislation that normalized U.S. relations with Vietnam, the country that had treated him so inhumanely.

Somehow, he had found it within his soul to put the past behind him and lead the way forward in U.S.-Vietnam relations because that was in the best interests of the United States. McCain was a passionate person, and he had a temper, but he rarely stayed angry at anyone. He liked people generally, but I also think he concluded that it wasn’t worth staying angry, particularly at those you needed to work with to get things done. He was always looking forward, not backward.

Former Senator Joseph I. Lieberman
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4dbcf38ba41_story.html?utm_term=.7f2625bc8114

It's a little publicized fact, but McCain was raised in the Epsicopal Church and in Hanoi he served as the default chaplain for the prisoners there, because he had the most knowledge of the Bible and the Christian faith.

I also think McCain's motivations for normalizing relations were not purely patriotic, but also humanitarian. Alot of young, idealistic people in the 60's who served in Vietnam wanted genuinely to help the Vietnamese people, even if they were perhaps misguided in doing so. McCain did not let the better part of a decade in prison make him bitter towards the Vietnamese, and that speaks alot to his character.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What a contrast. Senator McCain graciously moved forward after being tortured in Vietnam, became a hero to folks there. Donald Trump ungraciously has temper tantrums about reruns of SNL. He ungraciously lied & claimed that he had never been given thanks for "approving" Senator McCain's funeral when the National Cathedral stated that his approval was not needed.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a contrast. Senator McCain graciously moved forward after being tortured in Vietnam, became a hero to folks there. Donald Trump ungraciously has temper tantrums about reruns of SNL. He ungraciously lied & claimed that he had never been given thanks for "approving" Senator McCain's funeral when the National Cathedral stated that his approval was not needed.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that he would willingly lie about "approving" McCain's funeral. It's like he's starving for more and more attention. It's like he deeply craves to be praised for something and it doesn't matter to him if he has to lie and take credit for something he had nothing to do with.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Every petty attack on John McCain diverts attention away from the fact that the budget submitted by Trump cuts:
1.5 trillion from Medicaid
845 billion from Medicare
25 billion from Social Security

He'd rather keep the nation, and particularly a large segment of his 'base,' focused on his feud with the deceased than his actual agenda.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Every petty attack on John McCain diverts attention away from the fact that the budget submitted by Trump cuts:
1.5 trillion from Medicaid
845 billion from Medicare
25 billion from Social Security

He'd rather keep the nation, and particularly a large segment of his 'base,' focused on his feud with the deceased than his actual agenda.

Maybe news reporters should start asking him about the budget rather than about McCain if they feel it's what the public wants to hear about.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe news reporters should start asking him about the budget rather than about McCain if they feel it's what the public wants to hear about.
No sir! They aren’t ready for the Truth!
In reality Mr. Trump is a lion of virtue who lives to save America from the dredges of society, many of whom reportedly have Medicare cards and draw Social Security and Disabled Veterans benefits if one is to judge by budget proposals.

Many people are saying that on his trip to Vietnam that the President offered to have the VA repay Vietnam for the room and board given loser American POWs like John McCain.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
See how effective the distraction works? By acting like he is a morally bereft, unpatriotic individual, Mr. Trump is able to keep people from noticing the trucks he’s loading up out back.

In reality Mr. Trump is a lion of virtue who lives to save America from the dredges of society, many of whom reportedly have Medicare cards and draw Social Security and Disabled Veterans benefits.

Were you intentionally replying to my post?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

In an unrelated note, Mueller just officially handed over his report to the AG...

Upvote 0