Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But he is still carrying out the agenda of the Christian right. He can do no wrong.
Mocking and disparaging dead war veterans? Not the Christian agenda I had envisioned but what do I know... I'm just a godless heathen.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From my limited reading from a number of different sources, he disseminated the dossier without divulging where it came from or who piaid for, or that it was not verifiable.

For a senior statesman, former military and a member of the committee he sat on in career, doing so is suspicious if not negligent in my opinion.

There is no harm in looking into it.
Wait a minute. Weren't you complaining about an investigation without proof a few days ago?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The issue is now that he continues to do so.

Trump Carries On Criticism Of McCain, As A Republican Calls His Words 'Deplorable'

"I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve," Trump told a crowd at an Army tank manufacturing plant in Lima. "I don't care about this. I didn't get [a] thank you. That's okay. We sent him on the way, but I wasn't a fan of John McCain."
It takes a really special level of completely-full-of-yourself to think anyone owes you a thank you for "approving a funeral" you deliberately weren't invited to. With every utterance this "man" makes, he proves Hillary's characterization of a truly deplorable person. I'm not really one to believe in "the soul" but if I did, I would have to guess that Trump has traded his a long time ago. No normal, rational human being can be so callous.

I know this means flip to his base but I am truly ashamed and embarrassed for my country.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It takes a really special level of completely-full-of-yourself to think anyone owes you a thank you for "approving a funeral" you deliberately weren't invited to. With every utterance this "man" makes, he proves Hillary's characterization of a truly deplorable person. I'm not really one to believe in "the soul" but if I did, I would have to guess that Trump has traded his a long time ago. No normal, rational human being can be so callous.

I know this means flip to his base but I am truly ashamed and embarrassed for my country.

At least some Republicans have called out what is deplorable as such. Graham is correct that Donald has damaged his own reputation more than he has the legacy of the great Senator John McCain.

Donald's comments were selfish, cruel & just disgraceful in every way. When has he ever said thank you for the huge amount of money taxpayers have spent for his frequent golf trips to the resorts he owns that's been under investigation for hiring undocumented immigrants? He feels fully entitled. His grown kids have been accused of treating the government like a piggy bank.

John McCain earned the funeral that he had. He earned having two presidents eulogize him. He earned NOT having Donald at the funeral. Gracious has Donald proven that decision to exclude him to be right.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In case there was ever any doubt, the President’s recent behavior appears to confirm to many, even many Republicans that he is a lowlife piece of raw sewage bubbling up from an overflowing manhole in the lowest parts of New York City or wherever his type of person dwells.

My apologies to the good people of New York City.

Now apologize to raw sewage. It didn't deserve that.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

His base cheers this sort of thing. What does that tell you?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The issue is now that he continues to do so.

Trump Carries On Criticism Of McCain, As A Republican Calls His Words 'Deplorable'

"I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve," Trump told a crowd at an Army tank manufacturing plant in Lima. "I don't care about this. I didn't get [a] thank you. That's okay. We sent him on the way, but I wasn't a fan of John McCain."

And of course, lest they appear disloyal, his followers must not only follow suit, but pile on themselves.
This made me shaudengiggle..
54224931_3141336502543973_7109706351458123776_n.jpg

I rail on the states often but there are some really wonderful people I know there. There is 34% of your country you absolutely should be ashamed of though

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would just like to know from some of our friends here who continue to support our president, what did he have to gain from making these remarks? Does it make you at all feel good when you hear the Commander in Chief publicly disparage a dead war veteran? Does that make you proud to call him your president? I really don't get what you all see in him still.

How does the "America First!" crowd continue to support this national disgrace? He is simply, disgusting.

Well said. QFT.

But he is still carrying out the agenda of the Christian right. He can do no wrong.

If he was still a Democrat or an Independent or any other political party other than pretending to be a Republican, the Christian Right wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole. He would have been repeatedly shunned and condemned by his faithful Christian Right supporters if he hadn't pandered to the evangelical Christian faith while he was still campaigning and pretending to be a conservative.

• Winner
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From my limited reading from a number of different sources, he disseminated the dossier without divulging where it came from or who piaid for, or that it was not verifiable.

For a senior statesman, former military and a member of the committee he sat on in career, doing so is suspicious if not negligent in my opinion.

There is no harm in looking into it.

If you're going to make an accusations, at least cite your sources.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is the deposition:

Kramer%20Deposition.pdf

From the article:

Kramer’s deposition — which reads like a spy thriller and offers an extraordinary behind-the-scenes lead up to the publication of the dossier — reveals that he circulated the dossier to multiple news organizations, a revelation that until now, had not been disclosed​

So right before the election, McCain circulated the dossier to multiple news organizations. That is not in service to his country, that sounds like trying to influence the election with unverified reports that were paid for by the Clinton Campaign.

Quote: It helped that McCain, a six-term senator and chairman of the influential Senate Armed Services Committee, "was better to be the recipient of this rather than a Democrat because if it were a Democrat, I think that the view was that it would have been dismissed as a political attack."
He was used by Steele

Even if that's true, it in no way justifies Trump's behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even if that's true, it in no way justifies Trump's behavior.

Donald's behavior never needs justification to his followers.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
His base cheers this sort of thing. What does that tell you?

Though he got silence today as he trashed Senator McCain at an army tank factory. Now of course a lot of the folks in the audience may not be a part of his base, but even the ones who were did at least not cheer that on. That's refreshing.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is the deposition:

Kramer%20Deposition.pdf

From the article:

Kramer’s deposition — which reads like a spy thriller and offers an extraordinary behind-the-scenes lead up to the publication of the dossier — reveals that he circulated the dossier to multiple news organizations, a revelation that until now, had not been disclosed​

So right before the election, McCain circulated the dossier to multiple news organizations. That is not in service to his country, that sounds like trying to influence the election with unverified reports that were paid for by the Clinton Campaign.

Quote: It helped that McCain, a six-term senator and chairman of the influential Senate Armed Services Committee, "was better to be the recipient of this rather than a Democrat because if it were a Democrat, I think that the view was that it would have been dismissed as a political attack."
He was used by Steele

It was Kramer who gave copies of the memos to reporters at BuzzFeed News, McClatchy news service, the Washington Post and National Public Radio.

Steele approached Kramer to help him meet McCain, but it was Kramer who gave the copies to the media, not McCain. Kramer said he, himself, met with Buzzfeed in Dec. 2016.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In case there was ever any doubt, the President’s recent behavior appears to confirm to many, even many Republicans that he is a lowlife piece of raw sewage bubbling up from an overflowing manhole in the lowest parts of New York City or wherever his type of person dwells.
“All the better to ‘drain the swamp’, my dear!”—B.B.Wolf

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now apologize to raw sewage. It didn't deserve that.
My sincere apologies to all the good bacteria and chemicals that exist in raw sewage. Your value to society is often unrecognized. President Trump does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as anything of value.

Perhaps a better comparison would be ebola or flesh-eating bacteria.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Views and opinions differ.

I'm sure your view and opinion is that McCain deserved what he most recent got from Donald... but as you say, views and opinions differ.

Upvote 0