✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*You are in the Catholic forum*

George Herbert Walker Bush, before his death, said he wanted President Trump to attend his funeral, a generous gesture that forgave the calvacade of insults that Trump has rained down on the Bush family.

It was a final show of the sound judgement Bush exercised in life.

Continued below.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?utm_term=.eb351e38a6b1&noredirect=on
That's very sweet and good of him. Forgiveness is always good. Christ have mercy.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,683,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I noticed that too. I watched the whole thing yesterday as well as today's funeral. I am not too concerned about it. I see people in my own Church that stand and remain silent. There are some people that just remain silent in Church. Being one that watched it from beginning to end, it's always amusing to see the media pick and choose pics to publish and put their spin on things. But as the op stated, I do not know how Trump could not have felt the stark contrasts while people were eulogizing President Bush.
Am I the only one disturbed that The Trumps refused to recite the Apostles Creed at the Service?

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Am I the only one disturbed that The Trumps refused to recite the Apostles Creed at the Service?
Meh... doesn't bother me.
When Jesus spoke about knowing them by their fruits He wasn't talking about people reciting a statement like a drone.
Look at the people in the same row that did recite the Apostles creed. What does their fruit tell you about them?
Which, of the people in that front row at the funeral promote pro-christian policies?
That's what I look for... not the reading of some words in front of the cameras at a funeral.

Upvote 0