Trump Is Considering a Fervent Climate Denier to Lead a White House Panel Assessing Climate Change

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
So you agree then that there are climate cycles.
I don't think that has even been where the difference lies. With the earth wobble, the changes in the pole position, and solar winds, we have big changes that outweigh what man has done. Do I think man needs to clean up his act, absolutely. But I do think it is an excuse to tax people while doing nothing but making noise at the political gain level.. and that is where the rub lies.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
With the earth wobble, the changes in the pole position, and solar winds, we have big changes that outweigh what man has done.

That is incorrect. A few years ago a claim was made the volcanoes dumped far more CO2 into the atmosphere than anthropogenic sources.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world's volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide(CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide.

They were only out by 12,000%.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yep, definitely needed to add that to my list.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough --- CO2 from fossil fuels on a yearly basis adds more than 120 times as much CO2 then all vulcanism combined.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, So Trump is considering someone who denies there is a climate? No, I don't think so. He has much better sense than that.
I hear there are two types of people in the world: ones who can extrapolate things from information. :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps) :)

• Haha
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hear there are two types of people in the world: ones who can extrapolate things from information. :wave:

There are just 10 kinds of people in the world --- those who understand binary mathematics and those who don't.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Nay, Tulc.

You know as well as anyone that such hyperbolic labels, such as "climate denier" is often used as an appeal to emotion, to intentionally present the one so labeled in the most negative light as possible, to misrepresent and exaggerate someone's position/belief. Is it ok with you if I bring attention to such silly and intentional misrepresentation?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nay, Tulc.

You know as well as anyone that such hyperbolic labels, such as "climate denier" is often used as an appeal to emotion,

How would one describe a person who denies climate change?

to intentionally present the one so labeled in the most negative light as possible,

The problem is the behavior, not that other people notice it.

to misrepresent and exaggerate someone's position/belief.

Seems to be a reasonable way to describe one who denies climate change.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's exactly what she said. What she didn't say was that we'd all be dead in 12 years. That's just the stuff deniers say.
I’ve seen the video. You’re wrong. Stop lying.

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Seems to be a reasonable way to describe one who denies climate change.
Hi Barbarian,

It also seemed reasonable to the Left that a conservative-majority win would not be possible for the 2016 elections. Plenty of denial there.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It also seemed reasonable to the Left that a conservative-majority win would not be possible for the 2016 elections.

Turns out, they were right. It was a conservative minority win. Hillary got over 2 million more votes than Trump did. It still eats at him. That's why he invented the "millions of fraudulent votes cast" story to cover.

Problem for him is there are five known fraudulent votes in that election, and four of them were for him. (the other was for a different republican)

Plenty of denial there.

Yep.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’ve seen the video. You’re wrong. Stop lying.

Go to the link and see. Nowhere does it say that we'll all be dead in 12 years. If you have a link that shows they said something else, by all means post it. But I don't think that's going to happen, is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go to the link and see. Nowhere does it say that we'll all be dead in 12 years. If you have a link that shows they said something else, by all means post it. But I don't think that's going to happen, is it?
“The world will end”, so you’re gonna live through that huh?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
“The world will end”, so you’re gonna live through that huh?

The report doesn't say that.

I suggested you show us your link, but you declined to do that, for reasons we can only guess at.

But I think I know.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Turns out, they were right. It was a conservative minority win. Hillary got over 2 million more votes than Trump did. It still eats at him. That's why he invented the "millions of fraudulent votes cast" story to cover.

Problem for him is there are five known fraudulent votes in that election, and four of them were for him. (the other was for a different republican)

Yep.
As far as I know, Trump was sworn in. That's a definite win.

Thank God Almighty for the the brilliant system set up by the Founders.

If there are any Christians on this thread who believe in the necessity and power of prayer, you should remember to pray for the preservation of the Electoral College system.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As far as I know, Trump was sworn in. That's a definite win.

A minority win, in fact. Hillary got over two million more votes than Trump did. It galls him and some of his followers, but the truth is, most Americans didn't want him to be president.

So a man who uses the Ten Commandments for Kleenex and was not wanted by the American people, is now president.

Thank God Almighty for the the brilliant system set up by the Founders.

I suppose they're now mortified at what they've done to us.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0