George Carlin Isn't Very Religious, Is He?

freespirit2001

Contributor
Dec 3, 2003
Eastern Shore off the Chesapeake Bay, Md
Visit site
✟12,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've heard countless people tell me about George Carlin's new book, and it's on the walls of bookstores at the local malls:
"When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?:

"It's now possible to travel completely around the world without money or credit card. You must be prepared, however, to walk and swim extremely long distances."

A MODERN MAN

"I'm a modern man,
digital and smoke-free;
a man for the millennium.

A diversified, mulit-cultural,
post-modern deconstructionist;
politically, anatomically and ecologically incorrect.

I've been uplinked and downloaded,
I've been inputted and outsourced.
I know the upside of downsizing,
I know the downsize of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life.
A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art,
bi-coastal mulit-tasker,
and I can give you a gigabyte in a naosecond.

I'm new wave, but I'm old school;
and my inner child is outward bound.

I'm hot-wired, heat-seeking,
warm-hearted cool customer;
voice-activated and bio-degradeable.

I interface with my database;
and my database is my cyberspace;
so I'm interactive, I'm hyperactive,
and from time to time I'm radioactive.

Behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve,
ridin' the wave, dodgin' the bullet,
pushing the envelope.

I'm on point, on task, on message,
and off drugs.

......I'm in the moment, on the edge,
over the top, but under the radar....

A high-concept, low-profile,
medium-range ballistic missionary.....

A street-wise smart bomb.
A top-gun bottom feeder.......

I've been pre-washed, pre-cooked, pre-heated,
pre-sceened, pre-approved, pre-packed,
post-dated, freeze-dried, double-wrapped
and vacuumed-packed........

I'm hangin' in, there ain't no doubt;
and I'm hangin' tough.
Over and out."

Some of his work is typically George Carlin, and not very religious...a little too street-wise and temporal for me in parts,---however, he does enlighten alot of us as liberal christians to the evils of the present times around us in a less serious way. Alot of non-religious liberal believers---those who are turned off by the hypocrisies of the church senarios around them...do like his humor...and feel his statement is still a religious one, however how he uses his humor....

This is my thought:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a downcast spirit dries up the bones..." Proverbs 17:22

"An intelligent mind aquires knowledge,
and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge." Proverbs 18:15

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dryotriorchis said:
Iv never heard of this guy, but he sounds ~interesting~ i do think ill have to find this book.

~Dry

He's a comedian, mostly. See if you can find one of his records. NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN OR THOSE SENSITIVE ABOUT LANGUAGE!!!

Upvote 0

freespirit2001

Contributor
Dec 3, 2003
Eastern Shore off the Chesapeake Bay, Md
Visit site
✟12,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Its very difficult emotionally trying to describe my own life without my family's faith in God or knowledge in the covenant of Christ... its a very sad senario. I try not to look at it so seriously.

I'm the only bible reader and question asker of God in my family, the only feeling expresser of the hope in the Kingdom of God, the only understander of what the covenant of Christ is, and why Christ had to die for my sins---in my family.

I've also been a born-again believer in my teens and early college days from my own choice---my own brother and sister in my own family worked and hung out at bars, in motorcycle groups, partied, while I got married and became a Sunday School teacher....

Naturally parts of my family want to get this book---(maybe out of guilt knowing for a fact that the power of God through the Spirit of God does convict the consciousness around them about emotional manipulation and the power games others use politically against others)---maybe also they are actually looking for Jesus to bring the pork chops and let the barriers of that spiritual consciousness and conviction around them down ...????

George mentions Jesus, and Jesus with the "pork chops"!...

My fiance's Aunt also recommened the book to me for probably the same reasons......

There is a survey out in the latest TIME MAGAZINE---October 25th---How Spiritual Are You? from the article, THE GOD GENE. There may be a huge majority of spiritual minded or spiritual inquisitive people---who do not want to be labeled as religious....or uninformed...or blinded by religion---who listen to George Carlin for what the world is really like without the suga coating. I don't know if I should be commending them for their taste in this book or not.

Maybe, its my own opinion, these people don't mind George's language, because his language is true street reality---and old country middle class ?

Upvote 0