✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Council at Jerusalem - Acts chapter 15

Find some freedom & comfort here: All God breathed scripture. King James Bible source link provided.

Acts 15:
1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

(MY NOTE: After a heated debate & hearing from Peter, James & John the pillars of the Jerusalem assembly & the elders gathered.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.
(MY NOTE: The Jerusalem assembly sends letters to the gentile city churches)

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
(MY NOTE: Peter, James & John tell gentile believers they DON'T have to be circumcised OR keep the law of Moses)

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
(MY NOTE: Here are the rules the apostles & elders gave to the gentile churches.)

31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation
(MY NOTE: The people read the letter & REJOICED! Rejoice you/we don't have to be circumcised OR keep the law of Moses to be saved!)
Bible Gateway passage: Acts 15 - King James Version

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Council at Jerusalem - Acts chapter 15

Find some freedom & comfort here: All God breathed scripture. King James Bible source link provided.

Acts 15:
1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

(MY NOTE: After a heated debate & hearing from Peter, James & John the pillars of the Jerusalem assembly & the elders gathered.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.
(MY NOTE: The Jerusalem assembly sends letters to the gentile city churches)

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
(MY NOTE: Peter, James & John tell gentile believers they DON'T have to be circumcised OR keep the law of Moses)

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
(MY NOTE: Here are the rules the apostles & elders gave to the gentile churches.)

31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation
(MY NOTE: The people read the letter & REJOICED! Rejoice you/we don't have to be circumcised OR keep the law of Moses to be saved!)
Bible Gateway passage: Acts 15 - King James Version

The Council at Jerusalem REVISTED - Galatians chapter 2

Gal 2:
I went up [to Jerusalem] because of a [divine] revelation, and I put before them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles. But I did so in private before those of [a]reputation, for fear that I might be running or had run [the course of my ministry] in vain.

(MY NOTE: Thru divine revelation Paul is sent to Jerusalem. To meet with Peter, James, John & the Jerusalem assembly elders)

9 And recognizing the grace [that God had] bestowed on me, James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who were reputed to be pillars [of the Jerusalem church], gave to me and Barnabas the [c]right hand of fellowship, so that we could go to the Gentiles [with their blessing] & Peter, James & John go to the circumcised/Jews).

(MY NOTE: James, Peter & John, on a handshake. Send Paul & Barnabas to the Gentiles [with their blessing] & they to the circumcised/Jews)

10 They asked only [one thing], that we remember the poor, the very thing I was also eager to do.

15 Paul say's “We are Jews by birth and not sinners from among the Gentiles;

16 yet we know that a man is not [e]justified [and placed in right standing with God] by works of the Law, but [only] through faith in [God’s beloved Son,] Christ Jesus. And even we [as Jews] have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law. By observing the Law no one will ever be justified [declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty].

(MY NOTE: Man IS NOT JUSTIFIED/placed in right standing with God by works of the Law! By observing the Law NO ONE will ever be JUSTIFIED/declared free of the guilt of sin & its penalty. ONLY THRU FAITH/in God’s beloved Son, Christ Jesus. Even we, as Jews, have believed in Christ Jesus. So that We May Be JUSTIFIED By FAITH in Christ)

17 But if, while we seek to be justified in Christ [by faith], we ourselves are found to be sinners, does that make Christ an advocate or promoter of our sin? Certainly not!

(MY NOTE: This verse is a jab at the sin Paul Publicly called Peter out for in verses Gal 2:11-14) Peter, a believing pillar of the faith's cowardly sin doesn't Make Christ (who will forgive Peter again) an advocate or promoter of our sin)

18 For if I [or anyone else should] rebuild [through word or by practice] what I once tore down [the belief that observing the Law is essential for salvation], I prove myself to be a transgressor.

(MY NOTE: ANYBODY! that promotes, the belief that observing the Law is essential for salvation. Is himself a transgressor!)

19 For through the Law I died to the Law and its demands on me [because salvation is provided through the death and resurrection of Christ], so that I might [from now on] live to God.

(MY NOTE: The only path to salvation is Belief/FAITH in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus!) AMEN & Amen...
Galatians 2 AMP - The Council at Jerusalem - Then after a - Bible Gateway

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus never taught we do not need to keep the Ten Commandments. God wrote His laws in our hearts and minds Hebrews 8:10, which means He didn’t delete His laws. Jesus came to magnify His Fathers law Isaiah 42:21 not destroy. Magnify means to make greater. Which is why all Ten Commandments are repeated in the New Covenant for everyday Christian living

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; (Exodus 20:12) and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

This is a very powerful teaching of Jesus that so many people sadly choose to cast aside. Jesus clearly is teaching us that the commandments of God is our standard of living, not the teachings of man. When we follow the teachings of man over the commandments of God it makes the commandment of no effect and you worship in vain. This example came right from the Ten Commandments which is in a unit of Ten, not nine or one. Exodus 34:28 personally written by God Exodus 31:18. There is no scripture that says we can break the commandments of God and it certainly is not what Jesus taught or followed. Scripture says you break one commandment you break them all again quoting from the Ten Commandments. James 2:10-12

The Ten Commandments in the New Covenant

1. "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Matthew 4:10).
2. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21). "Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising" (Acts 17:29).
3. "That the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).
4. "He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).
Luke 23:56 And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.
5. "Honor your father and your mother" (Matthew 19:19).
6. "You shall not murder" (Romans 13:9).
7. "You shall not commit adultery" (Matthew 19:18).
8. "You shall not steal" (Romans 13:9).
9. "You shall not bear false witness" (Romans 13:9).
10. "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus never taught we do not need to keep the Ten Commandments. God wrote His laws in our hearts and minds Hebrews 10:26, which means He didn’t delete His laws. Jesus came to magnify His Fathers law Isaiah 42:21 not destroy. Magnify means to make greater. Which is why all Ten Commandments are repeated in the New Covenant for everyday Christian living

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; (Exodus 20:12) and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

This is a very powerful teaching of Jesus that so many people sadly choose to cast aside. Jesus clearly is teaching us that the commandments of God is our standard of living, not the teachings of man. When we follow the teachings of man over the commandments of God it makes the commandment of no effect and you worship in vain. This example came right from the Ten Commandments which is in a unit of Ten, not nine or one. Exodus 34:28 personally written by God Exodus 31:18. There is no scripture that says we can break the commandments of God and it certainly is not what Jesus taught or followed. Scripture says you break one commandment you break them all again quoting from the Ten Commandments. James 2:10-12

The Ten Commandments in the New Covenant

1. "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Matthew 4:10).
2. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21). "Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising" (Acts 17:29).
3. "That the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).
4. "He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).
Luke 23:56 And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.
5. "Honor your father and your mother" (Matthew 19:19).
6. "You shall not murder" (Romans 13:9).
7. "You shall not commit adultery" (Matthew 19:18).
8. "You shall not steal" (Romans 13:9).
9. "You shall not bear false witness" (Romans 13:9).
10. "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).

None of the OT verses you cite were written to or are applicable to the NT assembly. Your post also cites the 10 commandments.

OT Sabbath Observance, OT assembly/Israel & NT assembly/Body of Christ.

BTW: Not being under the Mosaic law covenant cut on Sinai. Doesn't mean NT assembly is void of law. The law pillars of the NT law are Faith & Love.

On Mt Sinai at the 1st Pentecost, when Moses give's the Law. The Nation of Israel is born. This is a covenant between God & Israel.

Gentiles were never a part of this law covenant: Rom 2:14 (A) For when the Gentiles, which have not the law (Eph 2:12)

Ex 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that "the LORD doth put a difference between the Nations and Israel".
(MY NOTE: The LORD put a difference between the Nations/gentiles and Israel)

Ex 31:
16 Wherefore """the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath""", to observe the sabbath """throughout their generations""", for a perpetual covenant.

17 """It is a sign between me and the children of Israel""" for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
(MY NOTE: Sabbath observance is between God & Israel. Gentiles were NEVER part of the Sinai law covenant w/God)

Neh 9:
13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:

14 And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant
(MY NOTE: These LAW statutes & commandments: were given to & BEGAN with Moses & Israel "NOT BEFORE" after the deliverance from Egypt. Read the verses prior to 13 & 14 for additional clarity)

Deut 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
(MY NOTE: The Sabbath commandment came after the deliverance from Egypt. And was given only to the Nation of Israel)

Conclusion:
Sabbath observance did not precede the Law of Moses. God's requirement for ""Israel"" to keep the Sabbath does not exist until after the deliverance from Egyptian bondage. And NO gentiles are or was ever a part of the Sinai Law Covenant.

The Law is "a covenant" or "a legal agreement". The Israelites were required to obey it fully if they were to receive its benefits. Find its benefits Deut 28:3-14 & its penalties Deut 28:16-68

Ex 19:
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.

8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.
(MY NOTE: ALL the PEOPLE on Mt Sinai AGREE to do WHATEVER the LORD SAY'S. They don't even know WHAT the Lord told Moses & just agreed to. Additionally, Sermon on the Mount, Jesus puts the Law on steroids. By applying it to the thoughts & intents of the heart. Good luck keeping every thought & intent pure)

Paul explains the real purpose of the Law:

Gal:
19 It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made
(NOTE: The law was in effect, (TIME SENSITIVE WORD >>>) ""Until""" the promised seed (Christ) should come. After that the law is to cease. (See Rom 10:4)

23 Before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith
(MY NOTE: The law was a TEACHER to expose, condemn sin without mercy to death. So, people would understand they need rescue. Christ is the redeemer & His redemption is accessed thru FAITH (Rom 5:1-2)

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster
(MY NOTE: The law's purpose is also revealed in Rom 3:19-20 as producing a consciousness of sin. Paul say's we wouldn't know what sin is except by the Law (Rom 7:7)

Heb 7:18–19 Tells us that the old Law was set aside “because it was weak & useless (though the law exposed sin, couldn't made anyone perfect. (Heb 10:1).

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(MY NOTE: Anyone claiming the law is still in effect. Is claiming Jesus failed at his mission. It was His Sinless God blood atoning payment/wage. That did in fact fulfill the law's sin requirement DEATH (Rom 6:23)

Sabbath observance ISN'T one of the commands the apostles felt was necessary to force on Gentile believers. SEE 2 the Council at Jerusalem posts above!

Find more help Rom 14:5, Acts 20:7, 1 Co 16:2 Gal 5:13.

Here’s what Paul had to say about the Sabbath in Colossians 2:17-18. Therefore, do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

These things were a shadow of the things that were to come. Christ is the light!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sabbath Day Ordinance's

Please pay special attention to: Num 15:36

Num 15:
17 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

18 (A) Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them
(MY NOTE: Speak to the CHILDREN of ISRAEL!) To whom was Moses to give the following ORDINANCES? Answer: The CHILDREN of ISRAEL!)

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
(MY NOTE: The CHILDREN of ISRAEL found a man gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. It doesn't say why. Was he going to cook? Was he cold & was going to start a fire? Any work in the Sabbath was forbidden & carried the DEATH sentence)

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
(MY NOTE: The CHILDREN of ISRAEL brought the stick gather to Moses)

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
(MY NOTE: They didn't know what to do with him)

35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
(MY NOTE: The LORD tells Moses; this man must be put to DEATH!)

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
(MY NOTE: So, the CONGREGATION STONES him to DEATH!)

QUESTION, would you promote or take part, in stoning a brother or sister in Christ to DEATH, for picking up some sticks after sunset on Fri?

Please pay special attention to: Ex 35:3

Ex 20:10 (A) the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work
(MY NOTE: NO work allowed)

Ex 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death:
(MY NOTE: Any of the the CHILDREN of ISRAEL that works on the Sabbath Day, you shall put to DEATH)

Ex 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death
(MY NOTE: Any of the the CHILDREN of ISRAEL that works on the Sabbath Day, you shall put to DEATH)

Ex 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
(MY NOTE: The CHILDREN of ISRAEL shall observe this Sabbath ORDINANCE)

Ex 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Ex 35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.
NOTE: You shall KINDLE "NO FIRE" on the Sabbath. THEY COULDN'T EVEN LITE A CANDLE! Question to those that promote Sabbath keeping today. Do you DRIVE to your chosen place of worship? You may want to study-up on internal combustion = The BURNING of fuel.)

QUESTION? Do to you drive to worship on the Sabbath? Is so, please REREAD Ex 35:3 above.

Under Mosaic Law
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Finally:
The Council at Jerusalem
Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

(MY NOTE: Here are the rules the apostles Peter, James, John & Jerusalem elders gave to the gentile Christ believing churches. NO MENTION OF SABBATH OBSERANCE)

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
None of the OT verses you cite were written to or are applicable to the NT assembly. Your post also cites the 10 commandments.

OT Sabbath Observance, OT assembly/Israel & NT assembly/Body of Christ.

BTW: Not being under the Mosaic law covenant cut on Sinai. Doesn't mean NT assembly is void of law. The law pillars of the NT law are Faith & Love.

On Mt Sinai at the 1st Pentecost, when Moses give's the Law. The Nation of Israel is born. This is a covenant between God & Israel.

Gentiles were never a part of this law covenant: Rom 2:14 (A) For when the Gentiles, which have not the law (Eph 2:12)

Ex 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that "the LORD doth put a difference between the Nations and Israel".
(MY NOTE: The LORD put a difference between the Nations/gentiles and Israel)

Ex 31:
16 Wherefore """the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath""", to observe the sabbath """throughout their generations""", for a perpetual covenant.

17 """It is a sign between me and the children of Israel""" for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
(MY NOTE: Sabbath observance is between God & Israel. Gentiles were NEVER part of the Sinai law covenant w/God)

Neh 9:
13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:

14 And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant
(MY NOTE: These LAW statutes & commandments: were given to & BEGAN with Moses & Israel "NOT BEFORE" after the deliverance from Egypt. Read the verses prior to 13 & 14 for additional clarity)

Deut 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
(MY NOTE: The Sabbath commandment came after the deliverance from Egypt. And was given only to the Nation of Israel)

Conclusion:
Sabbath observance did not precede the Law of Moses. God's requirement for ""Israel"" to keep the Sabbath does not exist until after the deliverance from Egyptian bondage. And NO gentiles are or was ever a part of the Sinai Law Covenant.

The Law is "a covenant" or "a legal agreement". The Israelites were required to obey it fully if they were to receive its benefits. Find its benefits Deut 28:3-14 & its penalties Deut 28:16-68

Ex 19:
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.

8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.
(MY NOTE: ALL the PEOPLE on Mt Sinai AGREE to do WHATEVER the LORD SAY'S. They don't even know WHAT the Lord told Moses & just agreed to. Additionally, Sermon on the Mount, Jesus puts the Law on steroids. By applying it to the thoughts & intents of the heart. Good luck keeping every thought & intent pure)

Gal:
19 It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made
(NOTE: The law was in effect, (TIME SENSITIVE WORD >>>) ""Until""" the promised seed (Christ) should come. After that the law is to cease. (See Rom 10:4)

23 Before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith
(MY NOTE: The law was a TEACHER to expose, condemn sin without mercy to death. So, people would understand they need rescue. Christ is the redeemer & His redemption is accessed thru FAITH (Rom 5:1-2)

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster
(MY NOTE: The law's purpose is also revealed in Rom 3:19-20 as producing a consciousness of sin. Paul say's we wouldn't know what sin is except by the Law (Rom 7:7)

Heb 7:18–19 Tells us that the old Law was set aside “because it was weak & useless (though the law exposed sin, couldn't made anyone perfect. (Heb 10:1).

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(MY NOTE: Anyone claiming the law is still in effect. Is claiming Jesus failed at his mission. It was His Sinless God blood atoning payment/wage. That did in fact fulfill the law's sin requirement DEATH (Rom 6:23)

Sabbath observance ISN'T one of the commands the apostles felt was necessary to force on Gentile believers. SEE 2 the Council at Jerusalem posts above!

Find more help Rom 14:5, Acts 20:7, 1 Co 16:2 Gal 5:13.

Here’s what Paul had to say about the Sabbath in Colossians 2:17-18. Therefore, do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

These things were a shadow of the things that were to come. Christ is the light!

I find it interesting we were speaking of the Ten Commandments and this instead shifted to just one commandment the Sabbath. To be honest, this seems to be a typical response because most people would agree we should keep the commandments of God, until we get to the Sabbath commandment and instead of dealing with the Sabbath commandment, people would rather throw out all Ten- wow- just shows how much power is in the Sabbath commandment. Lets put the Sabbath aside for a moment and deal with the Ten Commandments. You claim it is not meant for Gentiles just Jews but if Gentiles want to be part of God’s New Covenant promise they are going to have to deal with the laws. God never wrote a covenant to the gentiles.

The New Covenant is also made to the house of Israel. Let’s look:

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people

Which is quoted verbatim from the OT. Jeremiah 31:33.

Do you not want to be one of God’s people? Israel is just a name God gave to His people, and if you want to be part of God’s covenant promise it comes with the laws written in the heart and mind. Which is why the Ten Commandments are all throughout both old and new testament as the standard of living. The role of the Ten Commandments is just to point out sin, so we know what not to break. Sin is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4 and Paul points right to the Ten Commandments to point out sin and James said you break one of the commandments you break them all, again quoting from the Ten. James 2:10-12.

Jesus often quotes from the Ten as the standard of living Matthew 15:3-9, Matthew 19:17-19 Matthew 5:19-30, so you are very wrong the Ten Commandments are just for Israel and just OT.

Jesus kept the commandments as our example to follow John 15:10 including the Sabbath Luke 4:16 and the apostles Acts 18:4 and there is no scripture stating one can break God’s commandments. The saints (saved ones) who will not be all Jews keep the commandments of God and faith in Jesus Revelation 14:12 so you really need to rethink what you are saying and teaching because Jesus gave a warning for those who teach the least of the commandments quoting directly from the Ten Commandments Matthew 5:19-30.

In the New Covenant there is just one in Christ there is no Jew or gentile Galatians 3:26-28 so if you want to be part of God’s covenant promise I would not change your mind on what God wrote on your mind and in our hearts and we are to obey the commandments of God because we have a changed heart and love God. 1 John 5:3, John 14:15, Exodus 20:6

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is a warning in scripture by divine design for people who only use Paul to teach against the commandments:

2 Peter 3:14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Paul taught what matters is keeping the commandments of God, 1 Cor 7:19 so obviously someone has a misunderstanding on the laws.

You quote this:
Neh 9:
Why are you trying to cram every law into one category when they are not as noted.

Gal:

The only laws that ended are the ceremonial and sacrificial laws which all pointed to Christ on the cross. We no longer have blood/animal sacrifices because Jesus became our ultimate sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin when we repent and turn from sin. Sin is still the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4, so if all the laws ended and we are free to sin we therefore do not need grace or a Savior to save us from our sins and we would all be lost. It’s so sad churches and people all teach this all because they don’t want to deal with the Sabbath commandment.

For proper context, you need to back up to Colossians 2:14 to give context to Colossians 2:16-17.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

There is more than one Sabbath in the Bible. There is weekly Sabbath that is the Sabbath and holy day of the Lord thy God. Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13 and the annual sabbath(s). Colossians 2:14 tells is it is referring to the annual sabbaths because the Sabbath commandment is a commandment that is finger-written by God. Exodus 31:18 The annual sabbaths(s) is handwritten by Moses and is an ordinance in the law of Moses. Right there alone is proof this is not referring to one of God’s commandments, but wait there’s more. The weekly Sabbath is holy and sanctified and blessed, it is also a day of rest so definitely not contrary to us. Once God blesses something it cannot be reversed Numbers 23:20 so definitely not the holy day of the Lord thy God and weekly Sabbath that Paul is referring to and kept decades after Jesus ascended to heaven Acts 18:4. Lastly the weekly Sabbath could never be a shadow because it points back to creation “Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy” Exodus 20:8 which means it already happened Genesis 2:1-3 The weekly Sabbath was before sin and was part of God’s perfect plan to commune with man in His presence on the Sabbath. Sin separated man from God so instead of communing with Him in His presence we commune with Him through His Spirit on His blessed and holy Sabbath day. Once Jesus comes and sin and sinners will be destroyed the saints will once again worship in His presence every Sabbath for eternity Isaiah 66:23. I can’t help wonder for those who are so opposed to keeping God’s Sabbath day holy now, would they be happy doing so in heaven? God gives us free will and would never want anyone unhappy.

The annual sabbath (s) was all added after sin and the sacrificial system all pointed to Jesus on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. God’s Ten Commandments is what points out sin Romans 7:7 and if you break one commandment you break them all. James 2:10-12. Where there is no law there is no transgression Romans 4:15 which means God’s law is in heaven because Lucifer sinned from the beginning. 1 John 3:8 Sin again is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4

God’s law is eternal and was written personally by God’s own finger Exodus 31:18, spoken by God’s own voice Exodus 20 and came in a unit of Ten Exodus 34:28 not nine or eight. There will never be a time when it will be okay to worship other gods, just like there will never be a time it will be okay to break God’s holy Sabbath. The Ten Commandments was placed in the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God’s Temple which is in heaven Revelation 11:19. I don’t think God is going to be okay with only keeping 9 of the Ten Commandments.

What is love to God according to scripture?
showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. Exodus 20:6

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments 1 John 5:3

If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15

There is no scripture that says we can break God’s commandments in the entire bible. I am going to trust what God personally wrote with His own finger and have faith in what God spoke with His own voice is for our own good. Psalms 119:172 but God gives us free will because He loves us. The decisions we make today can effect our future so we should pray in earnest for God’s Spirit who tells us we must worship him in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24 and not in vain keeping the traditions of man over the commandments of God. Matthew 15:3-9. The choice is ours to make.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I find it interesting we were speaking of the Ten Commandments and this instead shifted to just one commandment the Sabbath. To be honest, this seems to be a typical response because most people would agree we should keep the commandments of God, until we get to the Sabbath commandment and instead of dealing with the Sabbath commandment, people would rather throw out all Ten- wow- just shows how much power is in the Sabbath commandment. Lets put the Sabbath aside for a moment and deal with the Ten Commandments. You claim it is not meant for Gentiles just Jews but if Gentiles want to be part of God’s New Covenant promise they are going to have to deal with the laws. God never wrote a covenant to the gentiles.

The New Covenant is also made to the house of Israel. Let’s look:

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people

Which is quoted verbatim from the OT. Jeremiah 31:33.

Do you not want to be one of God’s people? Israel is just a name God gave to His people, and if you want to be part of God’s covenant promise it comes with the laws written in the heart and mind. Which is why the Ten Commandments are all throughout both old and new testament as the standard of living. The role of the Ten Commandments is just to point out sin, so we know what not to break. Sin is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4 and Paul points right to the Ten Commandments to point out sin and James said you break one of the commandments you break them all, again quoting from the Ten. James 2:10-12.

Jesus often quotes from the Ten as the standard of living Matthew 15:3-9, Matthew 19:17-19 Matthew 5:19-30, so you are very wrong the Ten Commandments are just for Israel and just OT.

Jesus kept the commandments as our example to follow John 15:10 including the Sabbath Luke 4:16 and the apostles Acts 18:4 and there is no scripture stating one can break God’s commandments. The saints (saved ones) who will not be all Jews keep the commandments of God and faith in Jesus Revelation 14:12 so you really need to rethink what you are saying and teaching because Jesus gave a warning for those who teach the least of the commandments quoting directly from the Ten Commandments Matthew 5:19-30.

In the New Covenant there is just one in Christ there is no Jew or gentile Galatians 3:26-28 so if you want to be part of God’s covenant promise I would not change your mind on what God wrote on your mind and in our hearts and we are to obey the commandments of God because we have a changed heart and love God. 1 John 5:3, John 14:15, Exodus 20:6

Post # 125 said this:

I'll add this here:
Ja 2:8 If, however, you are [really] fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, if you have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit]” you are doing well.

The post never made nor suggested that Jews aren't part of the NT. In fact, it refers To Peter, James & John (Acts 15) giving instructions for the NT assembly.

You cited the TEN Commandments not NINE. So, the Sabbath commandment is an important discussion.

Do you drive to Sabbath worship?

And do you believe people that break that commandment should be stoned to DEATH. As the Lord told Moses & the people did to the guy that picked up sticks?

If you don't believe that is applicable today. Then why cite the 10 & maybe lead people down an unscriptural (NT) path?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Post # 125 said this:

I'll add this here:
Ja 2:8 If, however, you are [really] fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, if you have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit]” you are doing well.

The post never made nor suggested that Jews aren't part of the NT. In fact, it refers To Peter, James & John (Acts 15) giving instructions for the NT assembly.

You cited the TEN Commandments not NINE. So, the Sabbath commandment is an important discussion.

Do you drive to Sabbath worship?

And do you believe people that break that commandment should be stoned to DEATH. As the Lord told Moses & the people did to the guy that picked up sticks?

If you don't believe that is applicable today. Then why cite the 10 & maybe lead people down an unscriptural (NT) path?

The Ten Commandments are not multiple choice or suggestions. If you break one of them you break them all James 2:10-12. They came in a unit of Ten so either we accept all of them or deny all of them. When we keep what we want versus what God asks one is placing trust in their own works instead of the faith in God and believing what He asks of His children is for our own good. We cannot save or sanctify ourselves, only God can.

Paul puts it this way:

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Sin again is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4 and Paul points right to the Ten Commandments to define sin. Romans 7:7

I am not the one you need to convince why you don’t think you need to keep the commandments of God, I am just trying to help. :)

It’s late my time, God bless.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is a warning in scripture by divine design for people who only use Paul to teach against the commandments.

Paul was chosen & sent to the gentiles by the Risen Lord Himself. The 3 pillars Peter, John & James (Gal 2 shared Council at Jerusalem. Confirm Paul's ministry via handshake.

Peter again confirms Paul's writings as scripture:

2 Peter 3:
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(PETER CALLS PAUL HIS BELOVED BROTHER. AND CONFIRMS PAULS WRITTINGS AS WISDOM.)

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
(HERE PETER CONFIRMS PAULS WRITTINGS ARE SCRIPTURE!)

NOW READ THIS:
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is "God-breathed" and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Onto your posted reply:

You replied: For proper context, you need to back up to Colossians 2:14 to give context to Colossians 2:16-17.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

(MY QUESTION: Which covenant are you promoting? If (handwriting of ordinances) were nailed to His cross. Why promote them?

You replied: The annual sabbath (s) was all added after sin and the sacrificial system all pointed to Jesus on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. God’s Ten Commandments is what points out sin Romans 7:7 and if you break one commandment you break them all. James 2:10-12. Where there is no law there is no transgression Romans 4:15 which means God’s law is in heaven because Lucifer sinned from the beginning. 1 John 3:8 Sin again is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4

(MY QUESTION: If the law (our teacher we've sinned & need rescue) & Jesus nail the punishments associated with breaking then (because HE PAID the sin wage owed in FUL) Why try to put people under an OT covenant they were never under?

You replied: For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments 1 John 5:3

(MY REPLY: 1 Jn 2:3, 3:23 & 5:4-5 commandments parsed

Invariably people like to add their own contextual application to 1 Jn 2:3, 3:23 & 5:4-5. I.E. the 10 commandments.

Originally scripture wasn't written via chapter & verse, that's added later by translators. Taking one verse out of context invariably leads to doctrinal misinterpretations.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(MY NOTE: For John's intended reference to: keep his commandments. You must READ ON!)

1 Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(MY NOTE: What commandment is 1 Jn 2:3 referring to? Keeping Mosaic laws? NO!!! Everyone who believes Christ in the Son. The long-promised Messiah/atonement/redeemer. Also see what Jesus say's in Matt 22:36-40 posted below.)

1 Jn 5:
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
(MY NOTE: How does one overcome the world? By keeping Mosaic law commandments? NO!!! The victory comes via Faith. Faith that Christ is the sin atoning rescue to Adam's sin)

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
(MY NOTE: How does someone overcome the sins of the world? By keeping Mosaic law commandments? NO!!! Rereading Vs 4: via FAITH! Faith in what? Rereading Vs 3: That Jesus the Son of God is the promised Messiah/atonement/redeemer!)

Christ given commandments.

Matt: 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.
(MY NOTE: Love God)

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(MY NOTE: Love your brother as thyself)

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
(MY NOTE: These two engulf the others. If you truly Love someone. You won't kill, steal from, bear false witness against, covet their stuff, etc)

Rom 13:
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
(MY NOTE: Love fulfills the law)

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(MY NOTE: If you truly Love someone. You won't kill, steal from, bear false witness aginst, covet their stuff, etc)

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
(MY NOTE: If you truly Love someone. You won't kill, steal from, bear false witness aginst, covet their stuff etc)

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(MY NOTE: Loving your brother fulfills the law of Christ)

What's the commandments of Christ? The same person that wrote the Mosaic 10 commandments. Love your God 1st & your brother.

Jn 13:
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(MY NOTE: What's the commandment/law of Christ? Love your brother)

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
(MY NOTE: Love your brother)

Ja 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
(MY NOTE: The royal is keeping the Mosaic 10? NO!!! Love your brother as yourself)

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
(MY NOTE: That name is Jesus the Christ)

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
(MY NOTE Grace has a Name - Jesus the Christ!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul was chosen & sent to the gentiles by the Risen Lord Himself. The 3 pillars Peter, John & James (Gal 2 shared Council at Jerusalem. Confirm Paul's ministry via handshake.

Peter again confirms Paul's writings as scripture:

2 Peter 3:
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(PETER CALLS PAUL HIS BELOVED BROTHER. AND CONFIRMS PAULS WRITTINGS AS WISDOM.)

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
(HERE PETER CONFIRMS PAULS WRITTINGS ARE SCRIPTURE!)

NOW READ THIS:
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is "God-breathed" and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Onto your posted reply:

You replied: For proper context, you need to back up to Colossians 2:14 to give context to Colossians 2:16-17.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

(MY QUESTION: Which covenant are you promoting? If (handwriting of ordinances) were nailed to His cross. Why promote them?

You replied: The annual sabbath (s) was all added after sin and the sacrificial system all pointed to Jesus on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. God’s Ten Commandments is what points out sin Romans 7:7 and if you break one commandment you break them all. James 2:10-12. Where there is no law there is no transgression Romans 4:15 which means God’s law is in heaven because Lucifer sinned from the beginning. 1 John 3:8 Sin again is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4

(MY QUESTION: If the law (our teacher we've sinned & need rescue) & Jesus nail the punishments associated with breaking then (because HE PAID the sin wage owed in FUL) Why try to put people under an OT covenant they were never under?

You replied: For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments 1 John 5:3

(MY REPLY: 1 Jn 2:3, 3:23 & 5:4-5 commandments parsed

Invariably people like to add their own contextual application to 1 Jn 2:3, 3:23 & 5:4-5. I.E. the 10 commandments.

Originally scripture wasn't written via chapter & verse, that's added later by translators. Taking one verse out of context invariably leads to doctrinal misinterpretations.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(MY NOTE: For John's intended reference to: keep his commandments. You must READ ON!)

1 Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(MY NOTE: What commandment is 1 Jn 2:3 referring to? Keeping Mosaic laws? NO!!! Everyone who believes Christ in the Son. The long-promised Messiah/atonement/redeemer. Also see what Jesus say's in Matt 22:36-40 posted below.)

1 Jn 5:
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
(MY NOTE: How does one overcome the world? By keeping Mosaic law commandments? NO!!! The victory comes via Faith. Faith that Christ is the sin atoning rescue to Adam's sin)

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
(MY NOTE: How does someone overcome the sins of the world? By keeping Mosaic law commandments? NO!!! Rereading Vs 4: via FAITH! Faith in what? Rereading Vs 3: That Jesus the Son of God is the promised Messiah/atonement/redeemer!)

Christ given commandments.

Matt: 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.
(MY NOTE: Love God)

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(MY NOTE: Love your brother as thyself)

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
(MY NOTE: These two engulf the others. If you truly Love someone. You won't kill, steal from, bear false witness against, covet their stuff, etc)

Rom 13:
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
(MY NOTE: Love fulfills the law)

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(MY NOTE: If you truly Love someone. You won't kill, steal from, bear false witness aginst, covet their stuff, etc)

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
(MY NOTE: If you truly Love someone. You won't kill, steal from, bear false witness aginst, covet their stuff etc)

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(MY NOTE: Loving your brother fulfills the law of Christ)

What's the commandments of Christ? The same person that wrote the Mosaic 10 commandments. Love your God 1st & your brother.

Jn 13:
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(MY NOTE: What's the commandment/law of Christ? Love your brother)

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
(MY NOTE: Love your brother)

Ja 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
(MY NOTE: The royal is keeping the Mosaic 10? NO!!! Love your brother as yourself)

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
(MY NOTE: That name is Jesus the Christ)

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
(MY NOTE Grace has a Name - Jesus the Christ!)

How does one believe in Jesus, but not believe in what He teaches? The devil believes and is not going to be saved, so believe is very big word. Jesus taught on the Ten Commandments and came to do the will of the Father, so nothing that you posted, says we are free to break the commandments of God, not sure if you noticed that in the scriptures you posted.

God said:

Exodus 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. This is God's focus that we keep His commandments out of love. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments 1 John 5:3 sound familiar? If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.

1 Cor. 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keepingthe commandments of God is what matters.

Revelation 14:12 The saints keep the commandments of God and faith in Jesus.

Guess who doesn't want us to keep the commandments of God?

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God,and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Jesus taught the commandments of God quoting right from the Ten is the Christian standard of living opposed to those who depend on their own works by obeying what they feel like obeying instead of following God's Word. Our works don't save, God's work does, which is why we need Him for guidance on right-doing. Psalms 119:172

This is what Jesus says on the matter.

We have free will, God said, God wrote and my free will is to believe it.

PS: I’m not sure if you know but the greatest commandments to love God with all our heart and love our neighbor -Jesus actually quoted from the law of Moses. Deuteronomy 6:5, Leviticus 19:18 You cannot keep the greatest commandment to love God with all your heart by breaking the commandments of God. 1 John 5:3 for this is the LOVE of God that we KEEP His commandments.

Also scripture gives us this warning:

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Ten Commandments are not multiple choice or suggestions. If you break one of them you break them all James 2:10-12. They came in a unit of Ten so either we accept all of them or deny all of them. When we keep what we want versus what God asks one is placing trust in their own works instead of the faith in God and believing what He asks of His children is for our own good. We cannot save or sanctify ourselves, only God can.

Paul puts it this way:

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Sin again is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4 and Paul points right to the Ten Commandments to define sin. Romans 7:7

I am not the one you need to convince why you don’t think you need to keep the commandments of God, I am just trying to help. :)

It’s late my time, God bless.

1st: Let's look at Rom 7 you keep citing. Remember the epistle is written to believers (Rom 1:7)

Rom
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(MY NOTE: A married person is bound to their spouse as long as their spouse is alive. When either spouse dies the marriage contract is void)

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
(MY NOTE: Both married parties are bound to their marriage contract until one of the other dies, voiding the contract)

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
(MY NOTE: Brethren/believers You're DEAD to the LAW. Betrothed/engaged (binding contract in Paul's day) to the Lord. No longer BOUND to the LAW! Because you have DIED to sin, voiding the contract!)

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
(MY NOTE: When Christ quickened/made you alive by baptizing you with His Holy Spirit. He gave you eternal life & freed you from the laws required wage/DEATH)

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(MY NOTE: Brethren/believers YOU'RE NOW DELIVERED FROM THE LAW! Start living in the NOW, not in the oldness/PAST of the letter/law days).

After all this context painting verse 7 to say keep the law is a streeetch!

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
(MY NOTE: The law was a no longer needed TEACHER. Believers have already acknowledged their sin before God, confessed Jesus as Lord & Savior & believe He was Resurrected)

Onto 1 Jn 3:4

1 Jn 3:4 Sin is a transgression of the Law:

Ok, we've all have broken God's law. No one can say he is not a sinner until some means is provided (not to take away the law) but to remove the sin, which is the transgression of the law.

Faith placed in Jesus' sin payment & resurrection takes away/removes ALL our sin. Once our sins have been removed, there is no transgression of the law.

1 Cor 15
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Jesus blotted out the sin ordinances for every believer invoked in Mosaic law [Deut 28] & nailed them to His cross [Col 2:14]

Jesus sin atoning payment is found in His death (sins required wage PAID), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Fathers receipt, sins payment received & accepted).

Sins payment is seized/accessed via FAITH (Rom 5:1-2) Best wishes, JJ

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1st: Let's look at Rom 7 you keep citing. Remember the epistle is written to believers (Rom 1:7)

Rom
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(MY NOTE: A married person is bound to their spouse as long as their spouse is alive. When either spouse dies the marriage contract is void)

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
(MY NOTE: Both married parties are bound to their marriage contract until one of the other dies, voiding the contract)

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
(MY NOTE: Brethren/believers You're DEAD to the LAW. Betrothed/engaged (binding contract in Paul's day) to the Lord. No longer BOUND to the LAW! Because you have DIED to sin, voiding the contract!)

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
(MY NOTE: When Christ quickened/made you alive by baptizing you with His Holy Spirit. He gave you eternal life & freed you from the laws required wage/DEATH)

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(MY NOTE: Brethren/believers YOU'RE NOW DELIVERED FROM THE LAW! Start living in the NOW, not in the oldness/PAST of the letter/law days).

After all this context painting verse 7 to say keep the law is a streeetch!

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
(MY NOTE: The law was a no longer needed TEACHER. Believers have already acknowledged their sin before God, confessed Jesus as Lord & Savior & believe He was Resurrected)

Onto 1 Jn 3:4

Ok, we've all have broken God's law. No one can say he is not a sinner until some means is provided (not to take away the law) but to remove the sin, which is the transgression of the law.

Faith placed in Jesus' sin payment & resurrection takes away/removes ALL our sin. Once our sins have been removed, there is no transgression of the law.

1 Cor 15

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Jesus blotted out the sin ordinances for every believer invoked in Mosaic law [Deut 28] & nailed them to His cross [Col 2:14]

Jesus sin atoning payment is found in His death (sins required wage PAID), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Fathers receipt, sins payment received & accepted).

You seem to be misunderstanding Paul. Paul does not say in one breath what matters is keeping the commandments of God and in the next contradicting his own teachings and the teachings of Jesus who clearly teaches us to keep the commandments of God. Matthew 15:3-9. Matthew 5:19-30, Matthew 19:17-19 There are no contradictions in scriptures, just misunderstandings and there is no scripture stating God’s saints can break God’s commandments, but the opposite. Revelation 14:12, Revelation 22:14-15

If we are walking in the Spirit one is not going to be breaking the law of God which is the definition of sin, despite your objection to the clear scriptures. 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7

This is what Paul means by walking in the Spirit- it is in harmony with God’s law- not hostile.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Jesus did not die so we can live freely in sin. We cannot expect to receive Gods' forgiveness if we continue to practice known unrepentant sin. In order to receive Gods' forgiveness we need to repent of our sins. That is in heart (mind) turn away from practicing sin and live a new life believing and following what Gods' Word says. God will give us the power to walk in newness of life as we completely believe and depend on His Word and promises to change our lives and hearts so we can follow him. Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Acts of the Apostles 8:22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

Repent from what? Sin. Sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You seem to be misunderstanding Paul. Paul does not say in one breath what matters is keeping the commandments of God and in the next contradicting his own teachings and the teachings of Jesus who clearly teaches us to keep the commandments of God. Matthew 15:3-9. Matthew 5:19-30, Matthew 19:17-19 There are no contradictions in scriptures, just misunderstandings and there is no scripture stating God’s saints can break God’s commandments, but the opposite. Revelation 14:12, Revelation 22:14-15

If we are walking in the Spirit one is not going to be breaking the law of God which is the definition of sin, despite your objection to the clear scriptures. 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7

This is what Paul means by walking in the Spirit- it is in harmony with God’s law- not hostile.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Jesus did not die so we can live freely in sin. We cannot expect to receive Gods' forgiveness if we continue to practice known unrepentant sin. In order to receive Gods' forgiveness we need to repent of our sins. That is in heart (mind) turn away from practicing sin and live a new life believing and following what Gods' Word says. God will give us the power to walk in newness of life as we completely believe and depend on His Word and promises to change our lives and hearts so we can follow him. Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Acts of the Apostles 8:22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

Repent from what? Sin. Sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

Respectfully, the posted Rom 7 verses clearly state The OT law covenant is obsolete. Reread the text I understand them completely.

Here again you vacillate between testaments.

Rom 8:1 NO sin condemnation for believers. They are dead to the law's punishments. So, why do confessing believers try to place people under a law covenant they're DEAD to?

Finally, the Matt verses are strictly spoken to OT under the law Jews. As long as Jesus is alive the law covenant is in full force. The NT doesn't begin until after Jesus' death & resurrection.

Christ is the tester Hebrews 9:16–17. He dies OT veil tears in 1/2. 3 days later He's resurrected & 50 days later Jesus sends His New Covenant/testament baptism via His salvation sealing eternal indwelling Holy Spirit.

The book of Acts records the transition from law to grace. The change begins in chapter 9 with Paul's conversion.

Gentiles (NOBODY ELSE EITHER) aren't now & nor never were, under the Mosaic law covenant cut on Mt Sinai

1 Cor 15

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully, the posted Rom 7 verses clearly state The OT law covenant is obsolete. Reread the text I understand them completely.

Here again you vacillate between testaments.

Rom 8:1 NO sin condemnation for believers. They are dead to the law's punishments. So, why do confessing believers try to place people under a law covenant they're DEAD to?

Finally, the Matt verses are strictly spoken to OT under the law Jews. As long as Jesus is alive the law covenant is in full force. The NT doesn't begin until after Jesus' death & resurrection.

Christ is the tester Hebrews 9:16–17. He dies OT veil tears in 1/2. 3 days later He's resurrected & 50 days later Jesus sends His New Covenant/testament baptism via His salvation sealing eternal indwelling Holy Spirit.

The book of Acts records the transition from law to grace. The change begins in chapter 9 with Paul's conversion.

Gentiles (NOBODY ELSE EITHER) aren't now & nor never were, under the Mosaic law covenant cut on Mt Sinai

1 Cor 15

Romans 7 is not saying the OT law is obsolete, like the scripture warns many misinterpret Pauls writing. Paul does not contradict himself or God. When Paul says we have been delivered from the law, he means the condemnation of the law (wages of sin is death) though the newness of the Spirit. If we are walking in the Spirit we are not hostile to God’s law, those walking according to the flesh (sin) are. Through Jesus we are transformed from the inside out and walk in newness with Christ. Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commandments and He gives us the Spirit to help us keep them (overcome sin). Jesus taught us to keep the commandments of God and spoke of them directly so I place my trust in Jesus and keep what He asks not to be saved, but because I love Him with all my heart, mind and soul.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning.

Jesus kept His Fathers commandments not so we don’t have to, but as our example to follow. John 15:10 Jesus kept the Sabbath as our example to follow Luke 4:16, if it is good enough for Jesus its good enough for me, but we have free will.

Probably won’t continue in the thread further and I wish you well seeking His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Romans 7 is not saying the OT law is obsolete, like the scripture warns many misinterpret Pauls writing. Paul does not contradict himself or God. When Paul says we have been delivered from the law, he means the condemnation of the law (wages of sin is death) though the newness of the Spirit. If we are walking in the Spirit we are not hostile to God’s law, those walking according to the flesh (sin) are. Through Jesus we are transformed from the inside out and walk in newness with Christ. Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commandments and He gives us the Spirit to help us keep them (overcome sin). Jesus taught us to keep the commandments of God and spoke of them directly so I place my trust in Jesus and keep what He asks not to be saved, but because I love Him with all my heart, mind and soul.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning.

Jesus kept His Fathers commandments not so we don’t have to, but as our example to follow. John 15:10 Jesus kept the Sabbath as our example to follow Luke 4:16, if it is good enough to for Jesus its good enough for me, but we have free will.

Probably won’t continue in the thread further and I wish you well seeking His Word.

The Amplified Bible translators may be some help. All the brackets are theirs (not mine) to help people understand.

Rom 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, if it had not been for the Law, I would not have recognized sin. For I would not have known [for example] about coveting [what belongs to another and would have had no sense of guilt] if the Law had not [repeatedly] said, “You shall not covet.”

8 But sin, finding an opportunity through the commandment [to express itself] produced in me every kind of coveting and selfish desire. For without the Law sin is dead [the recognition of sin is inactive].

9 I was once alive without [knowledge of] the Law; but when the commandment came [and I understood its meaning], sin became alive, and I died [since the Law sentenced me to death].

10 And the very commandment, which was intended to bring life, actually proved to bring death for me.

11 For sin, seizing its opportunity through the commandment, beguiled and completely deceived me, and [d]using it as a weapon killed me [separating me from God].

12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good [the Law], then become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, in order that it might be revealed as sin, was producing death in me by [using] this good thing [as a weapon], so that through the commandment sin would become exceedingly sinful.
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 7 - Amplified Bible

MY NOTE: The law you want people to get under & serve (vs 11) has beguiled & completely deceived you.

2 Cor 3:
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

(MY NOTE: It's being called ministration of death & condemnation. Because it administers death. The laws' purpose is to expose & condemn without mercy sin. [Gal 3:10,17,22-25 which leads to death]. The ministration of righteousness is found thru FAITH placed in Jesus' death & resurrection. Peace, JJ

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Amplified Bible translators may be some help. All the brackets are theirs (not mine) to help people understand.

Rom 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, if it had not been for the Law, I would not have recognized sin. For I would not have known [for example] about coveting [what belongs to another and would have had no sense of guilt] if the Law had not [repeatedly] said, “You shall not covet.”

8 But sin, finding an opportunity through the commandment [to express itself] produced in me every kind of coveting and selfish desire. For without the Law sin is dead [the recognition of sin is inactive].

9 I was once alive without [knowledge of] the Law; but when the commandment came [and I understood its meaning], sin became alive, and I died [since the Law sentenced me to death].

10 And the very commandment, which was intended to bring life, actually proved to bring death for me.

11 For sin, seizing its opportunity through the commandment, beguiled and completely deceived me, and [d]using it as a weapon killed me [separating me from God].

12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good [the Law], then become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, in order that it might be revealed as sin, was producing death in me by [using] this good thing [as a weapon], so that through the commandment sin would become exceedingly sinful.
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 7 - Amplified Bible

MY NOTE: The law you want people to get under & serve (vs 11) has beguiled & completely deceived you.

2 Cor 3:
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

(MY NOTE: It's being called ministration of death & condemnation. Because it administers death. The laws' purpose is to expose & condemn without mercy sin. [Gal 3:10,17,22-25 which leads to death]. The ministration of righteousness is found thru FAITH placed in Jesus' death & resurrection. Peace, JJ

The ministration of death is the condemnation of law (wages of sin is death) but through Jesus, He died for the forgiveness of our sins, not so we could continue in sin, but be free from sin and walk in His newness (without sin). Sin is breaking the law 1 John 3:4 and the devil sinned from the beginning. 1 John 3:8. Sin is bondage, free is walking in God in obedience to Him.

If you read Romans 6 and Romans 8 in contrasts Romans 7 you will see Paul is not “doing away with the law”. Through faith we uphold the law Romans 3:31 and grace does not mean we can sin- God forbid! Romans 6:1-2

The saints are the saved ones, not lost, so I place my trust in God and all His commandments are righteous. Psalms 119:172

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The ministration of death is the condemnation of law (wages of sin is death) but through Jesus, He died for the forgiveness of our sins, not so we could continue in sin, but be free from sin and walk in His newness (without sin). Sin is breaking the law 1 John 3:4 and the devil sinned from the beginning. 1 John 3:8. Sin is bondage, free is walking in God in obedience to Him.

If you read Romans 6 and Romans 8 in contrasts Romans 7 you will see Paul is not “doing away with the law”. Through faith we uphold the law Romans 3:31 and grace does not mean we can sin- God forbid! Romans 6:1-2

Like the scriptures warn many misunderstand Paul to their own destruction.

The saints are the saved ones, not lost, so I place my Trust in God and all His commandments are righteous. Psalms 119:172

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

SabbathBlessings, it's clear our conversation is fruitless. I'm going to leave our exchange at we can simply agree that we disagree. May His grace be multiplied to you & yours, JJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Before the Cross
"God so loved the WORLD that He gave His Son that whoEVER should believe on Him would have everlasting life" John 3:16.

"God sent His Son to be the Savior of the WORLD
" 1 John 4:14

God sent Jonah to preach to gentiles - and warn them from their course, which spares their city.

Abraham intercedes for the city of Sodom and God agrees to spare it if just 10 good people could be found there.

Noah a gentile - but he is a "preacher of righteousness" in his day. 2 Peter 2.

"7 By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith." - Heb 11.

Gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping in Is 56:6-7
6 “Also the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord,
To attend to His service and to love the name of the Lord,
To be His servants, every one who keeps the Sabbath so as not to profane it,
And holds firmly to My covenant;
7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar;
For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”

Cain is told in Gen 4 "SIN is at your door - you must master it" -- it was sin for Cain to be angry, to hate, to murder.

God tells Noah that he alone is righteous in all the Earth and so he and his family are spared. That means that after the flood the only humans on planet Earth are Noah and his few family members - the one family God said was "good" at the time of the flood and so at then end - only "the good" remained. All other humans killed at the flood.

Still from one "good' family came all the evil and all the good of mankind to this very day.

IT was always a sin for any human "to take God's name in vain". Gentile or not.

AT the Cross
1 John 2:2 "He is the Atoning Sacrifice for OUR sins and not for our sins only - but for the sins of the whole WORLD"

And still to this day

Rom 5 makes the case "all sinned"
Rom 3:23 makes the case "all have sinned"

1 John 3:4 informs us that "sin IS transgression of the Law".

Gentiles were in the synagogues "Sabbath after Sabbath" in Acts 17
Gentiles were scheduling more gospel preaching to be given "the next Sabbath" in Acts 13.
Gentile church in Ephesus told reminded that the "first commandment with a promise" (in the still-valid unit of TEN) is "honor your father and mother" in Eph 6:2.

And so.. for all eternity after the cross in the new Earth:
Is 66:23 in the New earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship"

===========================

No wonder Bible scholars in almost all major Christian denominations (and on both sides of the Sabbath discussion) affirm that all TEN of the TEN Commandments apply to all mankind and define what sin is.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟382,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
A couple verses cinch the deal for me.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.​

How can anyone mistake the statement above as just for the Jews? The author is not mincing words here, he's making it very clear.

We have something even more authoritative, relayed by Jesus to John.

Revelation 22:13-16

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Let's break it down.
  • Jesus asserting His authority before.
  • Jesus promising to bless those who keep the commandments of God.
    • Jesus promises right to the tree of life (eternal life).
    • Jesus promises entry into the gates of the city (citizenship in the kingdom of God, the New Jerusalem).
    • Jesus calls out sinners, pointing directly to abominations and the Ten Commandments (note, OT).
  • Jesus is testifying to the churches.
  • Jesus asserting His authority after.
Conclusion:
  • God wants us to keep His commandments.
  • Jesus wants us to keep God's commandments.
  • The prophets want us to keep God's commandments.
  • The law doesn't single out Jew nor Gentile, man nor woman.

Upvote 0