Genesis One

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,187.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
23 Billion years ago The first Day Gen. 1:3 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

18 Billion years ago God makes Adam's Earth Gen 1:9-10 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

14 Billion years ago Adam is formed Gen 2:4 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

13.8 Billion years ago The Big Bang of our Cosmos happens Gen 2:4 <- Yay, something is close to correct. The current estimate for the age of the universe is 13.77 billion years, with a plus or minus of about 60 million years. Still, there's no scriptural support for this.

4.53 Billion years ago The present Earth is formed Gen 2:4 <- Two in a row! The current best estimate for the age of the earth is indeed 4.5 billion years. Still, there's no scriptural support for this.

3.77 Billion years ago Universal Common Ancestor appears in water Gen 1:21 <- This is possibly correct, but is at the absolute lower bounds for the origin of life. The upper bound could be as high as 4.28 billion years. Also, to say it "appears in water" is misleading. It would be more accurate to say it developed on hydrothermal vents.

5-6 Million years ago Prehistoric man diverges from Chimps Gen 6:4 <- This is wrong, in many, many ways. Humans did not diverge from Chimpanzees. Humans and Chimpanzees diverged from a shared common ancestor. The Pan and Homo separation was long and drawn out process that occurred over a period of at least five million years and maybe as long as nine million years. It involved multiple intermediate species and hybridisation events and is still an active area of research and debate.

11 Thousand years ago Noah brings Human (descendants of Adam) civilization to planet Earth Gen 8:4 Noah's grandsons marry prehistoric people and produce today's Humans <- No physical or scriptural support for this

2 Thousand years ago Jesus walks on planet Earth John 3:16 <- I've got no problem accepting this

Soon, Jesus returns at Armageddon, rules Earth for a thousand years, and the 6th Day/Age ends Gen 1:31 The 7th Day, the Age of Joy, begins Gen 2:1-3 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

Of 10 points you make, there's actual evidence to support four of them. 40% isn't even a passing grade.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
False, since the History of Human civilization began 11k years ago in Northern Mesopotamia, in the valleys just south of Lake Van, Turkey. Noah was the FIRST Human (descendant of Adam) to walk on the present Earth. Before Noah were the sons of God (prehistoric people) who descended from the common ancestor of Apes.
Except all the other language groups and populations of humans that had already separated and begun forming all over the world. There is no way for the special civilization language and genetics of your ancient middle east to get to the Americas... and yet the Incas, Aztecs and Anasazi existed.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God's Scriptural Timeline

23 Billion years ago The first Day Gen. 1:3
18 Billion years ago God makes Adam's Earth Gen 1:9-10
14 Billion years ago Adam is formed Gen 2:4
13.8 Billion years ago The Big Bang of our Cosmos happens Gen 2:4
4.53 Billion years ago The present Earth is formed Gen 2:4
3.77 Billion years ago Universal Common Ancestor appears in water Gen 1:21

5-6 Million years ago Prehistoric man diverges from Chimps Gen 6:4

11 Thousand years ago Noah brings Human (descendants of Adam) civilization to planet Earth Gen 8:4 Noah's grandsons marry prehistoric people and produce today's Humans

2 Thousand years ago Jesus walks on planet Earth John 3:16

Soon, Jesus returns at Armageddon, rules Earth for a thousand years, and the 6th Day/Age ends Gen 1:31
The 7th Day, the Age of Joy, begins Gen 2:1-3 Amen?

Two questions if I may...

Where do yo get the idea that there are 9billion unaccounted years prior to the Big Bang? Who told you that?

Where do you get the idea of space-Noah from?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I know you said that on your OP, but it doesn't tell me how you came to this conclusion. Where is your supporting scripture to come to this conclusion given the context/nature of these verses that are in Hebrew. The grammar, context, definition of words throughout the bible, do not match what you are telling me. Where is your support for this conclusion?

Its scattered throughout the Bible. The FIRST 34 verses of Genesis gives an outline of ALL of the creation including future events of God's 7 Days. EVERY other verse in the Bible refers BACK to one of the 7 Days/Ages listed in the first 34 verses.

Today has been the 6th Day since the Lord made creatures from the ground and Adam named them. Gen 2:19 This Day/Age will NOT end until AFTER Jesus rules and reigns on planet Earth for a thousand years. The end of the present 6th Day is FUTURE to 2018.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Next, Genesis 2 is the same events as Genesis one only magnified to be more specific than broad based like Genesis one was. Writers do this all the time in books. They give a broad spectrum of events, then detail them out throughout the book. Genesis one and two are no different than that example I gave.

Genesis 2 begins speaking of a future 7th Day which has NO end. At Gen 2:4, we are taken BACK to the events of the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants herbs and rain. At Gen 2:19 we are taken BACK to the events of the present 6th Day when the Lord made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them. Gen 1:31 tell us of a future time when God sees that His creation has finally been brought to perfection.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
As far as evolving from chimps, I see no evidence of that. The bible doesn't even mention one word about this. It's not even fact, only speculation and conjecture, a theory, for those that wish to disprove the bible or even water it down.

Here's where Chimps and prehistoric people came from in Scripture. On the 5th Day God commanded that "every living creature that moveth" be created and brought forth from WATER. Science shows that Chimps and prehistoric people came from water agreeing with God's account in this verse:

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after Their kind, and every winged fowl after His kind: and God saw that it was good.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Also, you make it sound like Noah was not on earth to begin with. Is that what you believe? Noah was on earth the entire time with his sons, who were married already mind you (Genesis 6:18). Noahs son's being already married BEFORE the flood were the ones that helped populate the earth by the blessing of God who was pleased with them you see after the flood. Noah, his wife, his sons, his sons wives, were the only people left after the flood so the only people there was to marry for his grandsons were other members of family. Unless you can find me scripture that says there were others who were saved on the ark to prove the grandsons married "prehistoric people".

Here is the mention of the sons of God (prehistoric people) Gen 6:4 who came forth from Water on the 5th Day Gen 1:21 and yet married and produced children with Humans, the descendants of Adam, who came forth from the dust of the ground. Genesis 2:7

Some think these people were angels, but angels are NOT made of flesh, Mat 18:10 and do not have sex Mat 22:30 and are bound in chains under darkness. Jde 1:6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
How can you say Genesis 1:28-31 has not happened?

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

There has NEVER been a time in History when mankind has had dominion over mosquitoes, viruses nor angels. 1Co 6:3

Gen 1:29 ¶ And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

There has NEVER been a time in History when ALL living creatures were Vegetarians. It happens AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon as this verse shows:

Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

The Perfect God, Who can see the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 could NOT look upon our planet and say, It is very good UNTIL it is perfect and death doesn't kill 20k babies every 24 hours. Until then, God continues to create mankind Spiritually in Christ, Gen 1:27 at the end of the present 6th Day. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Except all the other language groups and populations of humans that had already separated and begun forming all over the world. There is no way for the special civilization language and genetics of your ancient middle east to get to the Americas... and yet the Incas, Aztecs and Anasazi existed.

Since the Ark was brought to our planet 11k years ago, it should be simple for the Lord to scatter a few Humans across the face fo the entire Earth. Gen 11:8 Try again?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Two questions if I may...

Where do yo get the idea that there are 9billion unaccounted years prior to the Big Bang? Who told you that?

The first Heaven/firmament was made the 2nd Day. Gen 1:8 The other HeavenS (plural) were made the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 We know the Big Bang was 13.8 Billion years ago, 3 of God's Days ago, which means each Day is some 4.5 Billion years in length in man's time. God, the Holy Spirit, told me this in Genesis One.

Where do you get the idea of space-Noah from?

Adam's firmament/Heaven was not in Space but under water protected by the solid firmament which kept the water from destroying Adam's Earth. Gen 1:6-8 It would better be compared with a Submarine, a self-sufficient underwater craft.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The first Heaven/firmament was made the 2nd Day. Gen 1:8 The other HeavenS (plural) were made the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 We know the Big Bang was 13.8 Billion years ago, 3 of God's Days ago, which means each Day is some 4.5 Billion years in length in man's time. God, the Holy Spirit, told me this in Genesis One.

Okay there's a kind of logic to that...

Adam's firmament/Heaven was not in Space but under water protected by the solid firmament which kept the water from destroying Adam's Earth. Gen 1:6-8 It would better be compared with a Submarine, a self-sufficient underwater craft.

Sorry, are you saying that what we call outer space is actually water?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Sorry, are you saying that what we call outer space is actually water?

No. Here are the verses:

Gen 1:6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Solid physical objects divide waters from each other.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

See? Put a rubber ball in water and you too can divide water from water. It's the nature of water. The rubber ball will be immersed in water.

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Adam's Earth, inside the firmament, was protected from the water in which the solid firmament was totally immersed. When the windows on high were opened it was totally destroyed. Isa 24:18

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
23 Billion years ago The first Day Gen. 1:3 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

Since we know the dating of the beginning of our universe was 13.77 Billion years ago, in man's time, and Scripture shows that this event happened on the 3rd Day Gen 2:4, and there has been 3 Days since, divide 13.77 Billion by 3 and you will learn that each of God's Days/Ages is some 4.5 Billion years, in man's time.

18 Billion years ago God makes Adam's Earth Gen 1:9-10 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

On the 2nd Day, God made Adam's firmament and put dry ground inside it. Gen 1:9 as I posted. It took an entire Day/Age to make this world.

14 Billion years ago Adam is formed Gen 2:4 <- No physical or scriptural support for this

Adam was formed from the dust of the ground at the end of the 3rd Day BEFORE any other living creature including plants, herbs and rain. Gen 2:4-7 I will be happy to go over these verses if you have a problem understanding.

13.8 Billion years ago The Big Bang of our Cosmos happens Gen 2:4 <- Yay, something is close to correct. The current estimate for the age of the universe is 13.77 billion years, with a plus or minus of about 60 million years. Still, there's no scriptural support for this.

Sure there is. Genesis 2:4 shows that our Universe was made at the end of the 3rd Day since it was less than a Billion years from the big bang until the FIRST Stars lit up at the beginning of the 4th Day. Gen 1:16 Science recently confirmed this:
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/.../first-stars-universe-big-bang-edges-space-scie...
Feb 28, 2018

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. Here are the verses:

Gen 1:6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Solid physical objects divide waters from each other.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

See? Put a rubber ball in water and you too can divide water from water. It's the nature of water. The rubber ball will be immersed in water.

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Adam's Earth, inside the firmament, was protected from the water in which the solid firmament was totally immersed. When the windows on high were opened it was totally destroyed. Isa 24:18

Sorry, I don't understand.

What did you mean by "Thousand years ago Noah brings Human (descendants of Adam) civilization to planet Earth"? How far did they come?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

What did you mean by "Thousand years ago Noah brings Human (descendants of Adam) civilization to planet Earth"? How far did they come?

They came from Adam's world which was in the midst of water. Our universe is in the midst of dust. God brought an entire world from beneath water and placed it in Lake Van, Turkey, in the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4 History agrees and shows that every trait of modern Humans (descendants of Adam) came from Mesopotamia, the land between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, exactly as God told us in Genesis. Adam's entire Earth was dissolved in the Lake, and the solid firmament sank to the bottom. BTW, it's still there, miles in diameter and worth more than its weight in Gold. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I last said in response to all your conclusions....

I know you said that on your OP, but it doesn't tell me how you came to this conclusion. Where is your supporting scripture to come to this conclusion given the context/nature of these verses that are in Hebrew. The grammar, context, definition of words throughout the bible, do not match what you are telling me. Where is your support for this conclusion?

Its scattered throughout the Bible. The FIRST 34 verses of Genesis gives an outline of ALL of the creation including future events of God's 7 Days. EVERY other verse in the Bible refers BACK to one of the 7 Days/Ages listed in the first 34 verses.

Today has been the 6th Day since the Lord made creatures from the ground and Adam named them. Gen 2:19 This Day/Age will NOT end until AFTER Jesus rules and reigns on planet Earth for a thousand years. The end of the present 6th Day is FUTURE to 2018.

This is just repeating what you said in your OP. Those verses in no way provide the proof of your conclusion.

I ask again, where in the bible, did you get to these conclusions?

Genesis 2 begins speaking of a future 7th Day which has NO end. At Gen 2:4, we are taken BACK to the events of the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants herbs and rain. At Gen 2:19 we are taken BACK to the events of the present 6th Day when the Lord made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them. Gen 1:31 tell us of a future time when God sees that His creation has finally been brought to perfection.

Again, this is just repeating what you said in your OP. Those verses in no way provide the proof of your conclusion.

I ask again, where in the bible, did you get to these conclusions?

Here's where Chimps and prehistoric people came from in Scripture. On the 5th Day God commanded that "every living creature that moveth" be created and brought forth from WATER. Science shows that Chimps and prehistoric people came from water agreeing with God's account in this verse:

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after Their kind, and every winged fowl after His kind: and God saw that it was good.

This also is not proof that humans came from chimps. Humans were not even created yet since this was the fifth day.

Science does NOT show any sort of evidence other than speculation, conjecture, theories, and hypothesis's. That is not proof.

Here is the mention of the sons of God (prehistoric people) Gen 6:4 who came forth from Water on the 5th Day Gen 1:21 and yet married and produced children with Humans, the descendants of Adam, who came forth from the dust of the ground. Genesis 2:7

Some think these people were angels, but angels are NOT made of flesh, Mat 18:10 and do not have sex Mat 22:30 and are bound in chains under darkness. Jde 1:6

I know for a fact, in studying scripture, they are definitely not angels. At least we can agree on that.

The problem for you is, God created humans hundreds of years before this point in Genesis 6:4. "Men of old" and "men of renown" simply because back before the flood, people lived a REALLY LONG time. This doesn't men they were any different than Adam and Eve who began it all. There were still giants around when the children of Israel came to a close in their 40 years of wandering in the wilderness, long after the flood. They were still humans.

Also, this scripture does not support your conclusion.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

There has NEVER been a time in History when mankind has had dominion over mosquitoes, viruses nor angels. 1Co 6:3

Gen 1:29 ¶ And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

There has NEVER been a time in History when ALL living creatures were Vegetarians. It happens AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon as this verse shows:

Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

The Perfect God, Who can see the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 could NOT look upon our planet and say, It is very good UNTIL it is perfect and death doesn't kill 20k babies every 24 hours. Until then, God continues to create mankind Spiritually in Christ, Gen 1:27 at the end of the present 6th Day. God Bless you

First, 1 Cor 6:3 has NOTHING to do with Genesis 1:28 in the way you wish it to be.

FYI, we do have dominion. Humans are everywhere on the earth. Mosquitoes, pfffttt, blast some bifenthrin chemicals everywhere, buy some Talstar, theres your control. Viruses? We got vaccines and medical drugs to cure that.

Just because someone got mauled by a bear, doesn't mean we don't have dominion. You have heavily twisted this scripture up. Where is your supporting evidence for this conclusion? Your just giving me conclusions. How did you get there? Just from this one single verses here and there?

Second, Isaiah is a book on prophecy. There are figurative languages in that book. This scripture does not support your conclusions. It isn't even on the same topic. Unless you wish to believe Jesse (Isaiah 11:1) literally had a rod out of one of his stems, grow out a branch and bare roots? You are way off on Isaiah 11.

If there was one thing I wish for you to respond to, it would be this part right here....

From post #60
"Next I would like to say, is there are no ages mentioned in Genesis one or two. The grammar, context, and definition of the Hebrew language then does not match the "ages/periods" theory.

The Hebrew word for "day" in Genesis is Yowm (pronounced Yom). And while I agree that that word could be used to say an age, period, or any length of time, the context/grammar of the rest of the statements in Genesis do not allow for it to mean any more than just a 24 hour period.

Example:
"And the evening and the morning were the first day."

In no way can one state that this is a whole entire age or period.

"evening" here in Genesis 1 in Hebrew is `ereb which means dusk:— day, even(-ing, tide), night.

"morning" here in Hebrew is boqer which means properly, dawn (as the break of day); generally, morning:—(+) day, early, morning, morrow.

Then look at "day" definition in Hebrew =
"from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb):—age, always, chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), elder, × end, evening, (for) ever(-lasting, -more), × full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, old, outlived, perpetually, presently, remaineth, ×required, season, × since, space, then, (process of) time, as at other times, in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), × whole ( age), (full) year(-ly), younger."

Combined with "evening" and "morning" you are forced to apply "day"/Yowm a ONE 24 hour day.

To say anything otherwise destroys the grammar/context of what scripture says there.

In six days (24 hour days) God made all that there is."

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They came from Adam's world which was in the midst of water. Our universe is in the midst of dust. God brought an entire world from beneath water and placed it in Lake Van, Turkey, in the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4 History agrees and shows that every trait of modern Humans (descendants of Adam) came from Mesopotamia, the land between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, exactly as God told us in Genesis. Adam's entire Earth was dissolved in the Lake, and the solid firmament sank to the bottom. BTW, it's still there, miles in diameter and worth more than its weight in Gold. God Bless you

So you are saying that the antediluvian world was essentially an island in Lake Van from which Noah escaped in an Ark when that island sank into the lake?

And he then brought the ways of that island to the rest of the world by sailing across the lake to the surrounding shore?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Since the Ark was brought to our planet 11k years ago, it should be simple for the Lord to scatter a few Humans across the face fo the entire Earth. Gen 11:8 Try again?
But you didn't respond in a clear fashion.

There isn't genetic evidence of humans all getting an influx of special intelligence and civilisation genes from a single family 11 thousand years ago. And there isn't evidence of there being a single human language and culture 11 thousand years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
So you are saying that the antediluvian world was essentially an island in Lake Van from which Noah escaped in an Ark when that island sank into the lake?

And he then brought the ways of that island to the rest of the world by sailing across the lake to the surrounding shore?

No. I am saying that God brought Adam's small, miles wide, firmament/world to our planet and opened its windows on high. It rained for 40 days and nights and the bottom of the firmament filled with water and sank, leaving the 450 ft Ark in the Lake. Noah was the FIRST Human (descendant of Noah) to put foot on planet Earth.

Adam's small world was totally destroyed and his Earth "clean dissolved" Isa 24:19 in the Lake when the firmament sank. Every creature on Adam's world was destroyed including the fish, which cannot live in Lake Van. That's God's Truth of Noah's flood. The "Scoffers" of the last days will NOT believe it. ll Peter 3:3-7

Upvote 0