God's Scriptural Timeline

23 Billion years ago The first Day Gen. 1:3
18 Billion years ago God makes Adam's Earth Gen 1:9-10
14 Billion years ago Adam is formed Gen 2:4
13.8 Billion years ago The Big Bang of our Cosmos happens Gen 2:4
4.53 Billion years ago The present Earth is formed Gen 2:4
3.77 Billion years ago Universal Common Ancestor appears in water Gen 1:21

5-6 Million years ago Prehistoric man diverges from Chimps Gen 6:4

11 Thousand years ago Noah brings Human (descendants of Adam) civilization to planet Earth Gen 8:4 Noah's grandsons marry prehistoric people and produce today's Humans

2 Thousand years ago Jesus walks on planet Earth John 3:16

Soon, Jesus returns at Armageddon, rules Earth for a thousand years, and the 6th Day/Age ends Gen 1:31
The 7th Day, the Age of Joy, begins Gen 2:1-3 Amen?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just to put a spanner in your theology.
Please explain how long it will take God to change those alive when Jesus returns.
The bible says that we will be changed, in an instant.
The bible also says that God took 6 periods of 24 hours to creat everything, so how many million years will the instant take?

Or are your theoris all wrong?

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's Scriptural Timeline

23 Billion years ago The first Day Gen. 1:3
18 Billion years ago God makes Adam's Earth Gen 1:9-10
14 Billion years ago Adam is formed Gen 2:4
13.8 Billion years ago The Big Bang of our Cosmos happens Gen 2:4
4.53 Billion years ago The present Earth is formed Gen 2:4
3.77 Billion years ago Universal Common Ancestor appears in water Gen 1:21

5-6 Million years ago Prehistoric man diverges from Chimps Gen 6:4

11 Thousand years ago Noah brings Human (descendants of Adam) civilization to planet Earth Gen 8:4 Noah's grandsons marry prehistoric people and produce today's Humans

2 Thousand years ago Jesus walks on planet Earth John 3:16

Soon, Jesus returns at Armageddon, rules Earth for a thousand years, and the 6th Day/Age ends Gen 1:31
The 7th Day, the Age of Joy, begins Gen 2:1-3 Amen?
Why have you lumped in The Big Bang theory and people deriving from Chimps/Apes into your version of the biblical chronology?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why have you lumped in The Big Bang theory and people deriving from Chimps/Apes into your version of the biblical chronology?
I think the remarks quoted contain isegesis - reading things into the passage - as well as exegesis: exploring the meaning already in the passage.

• Informative
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The bible also says that God took 6 periods of 24 hours to creat everything, so how many million years will the instant take?

I sorry but in no way does the Bible say that the 7 days of Genesis are 24 hours periods, What the Bible does say is that God created everything in a period of time that he called a day (At the time in history) This was before the Earth was turning at 24 hours intervals. 2 Peter 3:8 states that a day is like a thousand years to God.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sorry but in no way does the Bible say that the 7 days of Genesis are 24 hours periods, What the Bible does say is that God created everything in a period of time that he called a day (At the time in history) This was before the Earth was turning at 24 hours intervals. 2 Peter 3:8 states that a day is like a thousand years to God.
It was eveening and morning the numbered day can only referr to a period of 24 hours.
Scripture its self says God created in 6 days of 24 hours, have you never read the 10 commandments and the 4th about the sabeth. For in 6 days the Lord created and rested on the 7th. What was being referred to days or thousands of years.

Don't take verse out of context. Try applying that verse to the time Jesus was in the tomb? Are we waitingfor him to rise?

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was eveening and morning the numbered day can only referr to a period of 24 hours.

No. That could be referring to almost anything, The early universe could have had long periods of time that one could call periods of morning and evening.

Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture its self says God created in 6 days of 24 hours, have you never read the 10 commandments and the 4th about the sabeth. For in 6 days the Lord created and rested on the 7th. What was being referred to days or thousands of years.

Don't take verse out of context. Try applying that verse to the time Jesus was in the tomb? Are we waitingfor him to rise?

I'm in no way taking a position of Old Earth v Young Earth. I believe what the Bible says about creation without adding anything. God created the Earth and universe in 6 days and rested on the 7th, ( but I seriously doubt God rested because he was tired, even though one could infer that he was. ) It is not important if the days were 24 hours or not.

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm in no way taking a position of Old Earth v Young Earth. I believe what the Bible says about creation without adding anything. God created the Earth and universe in 6 days and rested on the 7th, ( but I seriously doubt God rested because he was tired, even though one could infer that he was. ) It is not important if the days were 24 hours or not.

Hey how you doing?

I believe the OT is just used as a tutor to us now days and should not be meant to apply to our salvation issue, but the only way I would see that this DOES or would matter is that it is one way for people to try and break down/water down the gospel trying to make it lose its authority/integrity. Which we should not allow and correct.

The hebrew word for day, is Yom. Of course in its proper context it could very well mean and age, however, because of the context "evening and morning" we are forced to say that it is one 24 hour day. And as tolworth john was stating, there are other references that site "in 6 days" giving further evidence that it was a 24 hour day.

Other than that this topic shouldnt be used to put a wedge in our salvation, which is a much more important matter to discuss.

Good to see you around and about. Hope all is well with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Just to put a spanner in your theology.
Please explain how long it will take God to change those alive when Jesus returns.
The bible says that we will be changed, in an instant.

Or are your theoris all wrong?

God's creation continues today at Genesis 1:27 since God, the Trinity, is STILL creating mankind in His Image or Spiritually in Christ. Ask any Gospel preacher.

The prophecy of Genesis 1:28-31 is FUTURE to our time, since there has NEVER been a time in History when "Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so" ALL living creatures were vegetarians, including Bears and Lions.

If you don't believe me, then show us a time when Lions were vegetarians in the past. You cannot, but go ahead and try. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Because it is what is actually written in Genesis One. God hid His scientific knowledge in Genesis One, so that only the people of the time of the end, with our increased knowledge, Dan 12:4 could have empirical, testable, scientific, evidence to confirm God's Truth in Genesis One, just before Jesus returns at Armageddon. It's proof of the literal God. Amen?

• Informative
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Not the way I believe it, as I am a young earth advocate. Plus we were created as humans and still produce humans.

Amen. We did not evolve from Apes but from Adam and Eve, the first Humans (children of God). In Heaven we will regain our original perfect bodies and live with Jesus forever. God Bless you

BTW, I'm the youngest of the young earthers since I show Scripture which shows that the FIRST Day began less than 6 Days ago, in God's Time.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey how you doing?

I believe the OT is just used as a tutor to us now days and should not be meant to apply to our salvation issue, but the only way I would see that this DOES or would matter is that it is one way for people to try and break down/water down the gospel trying to make it lose its authority/integrity. Which we should not allow and correct.

The hebrew word for day, is Yom. Of course in its proper context it could very well mean and age, however, because of the context "evening and morning" we are forced to say that it is one 24 hour day. And as tolworth john was stating, there are other references that site "in 6 days" giving further evidence that it was a 24 hour day.

Other than that this topic shouldnt be used to put a wedge in our salvation, which is a much more important matter to discuss.

Good to see you around and about. Hope all is well with you.

Doing Ok, Acts, having some problems with my church, we had a spit over Elders, and some leaders. Otherwise things are good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Today IS the 6th Day/Age in the creation of the perfect Heaven. We live today at Genesis 1:27 because God is STILL creating mankind in Christ Spiritually. The 7th Day/Age has no beginning and no end because it's Eternity. The 7th Day is when God the Trinity rests (Heb-ceases) from ALL His of work of creating. Gen 2:1-3

Gen 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, (Heb-brought to perfection) and ALL the host of them.

The last Christian to be saved is among ALL the host of Heaven.

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested (Heb-ceased) on the seventh day from ALL His work which He had made. Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from ALL His work which God created and made.

ALL of God's creating will end because the object of the Creation has now been brought to perfection and ALL the host of Heaven is safely in Heaven. Christians will live with Jesus forever, on the Age of Joy, the Great Sabbath, the 7th Day.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Please tell us which Gospel you mean.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Aman's bizarre OP aside, the creation itself tells a very different story.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status