Genesis 6:1-4 and Jude 6&7 what do these passages mean? Why should we care?

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My comment

There have been and are some humans who are larger than the average, and some smaller

Much of this has to do with genetics and cultural environment

Most past populations on average have been of smaller stature that today for various reasons .... nutrition, diet, etc.

So I would say that the reference to "giants" [men of renown] in Genesis 6 had more to do with wealth, political influence, and financial status rather than physical size

Should we look for giant humans as we move close to the end of this present age?

I don't think so

Straightshot said:

So I would say that the reference to "giants" [men of renown] in Genesis 6 had more to do with wealth, political influence, and financial status rather than physical size

Would not the many descriptions from scripture listed in post #14 lead us to believe they were more than just a little tall? Numbers 13:33, Deuteronomy 3:11, 1 Samuel 17:4, 2 Samuel 21:16, Amos 2:9

Should we look for giant humans as we move close to the end of this present age?

I don't think so

You may be right about giants in our day, but I believe we will see and are seeing now genetic manipulation that is not of God and creating species never intended, and will result in hybrids that are unredeemable just as the giants of old.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My comment

There have been and are some humans who are larger than the average, and some smaller

Much of this has to do with genetics and cultural environment

Most past populations on average have been of smaller stature that today for various reasons .... nutrition, diet, etc.

I don't think so

Don't close off the possibility brother. What scientists are doing with genetic manipulation,and transhumanism is more amazing than most people can conceive. Why would they do it? Because they can. People tend to imagine only what makes sense to their minds.Most of our NBA basketball players are giant in stature by most people's understanding of the word. But with the technology we have today, there could be armies of people taller than the tallest NBA basketball player. Yes, I think we can and will see giant people on the earth.

Just read the passages Postview posted. And most of these were after the flood.You are going to need to adjust your thinking I think to the truth of scripture that there were giants in the Earth in those days. They say Goliath was about 9 feet tall.OG of Bashan was about 13 feet tall. And the Bible says as it was, so shall it be.

Pre-flood giants could have been taller than Og, and Goliath because the atmosphere had a larger concentration of oxygen. Everything was bigger than we see today.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You may be right about giants in our day, but I believe we will see and are seeing now genetic manipulation that is not of God and creating species never intended, and will result in hybrids that are unredeemable just as the giants of old.

We already have giants in our day. Just open your eyes and look. Can't you see them? I think you are so correct though in regards to the genetic manipulation.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
So what is the point ?

Larger than average people then .... larger people than average today

I see no purpose for getting excited over the size of humans with regard for interpreting Bible prophecy .... none

How about the little horn of Daniel's visions? .... bigger, or smaller .... just joking here, but why be concerned about it?

Size does not make much difference .... humans are tiny, large and small

.... a little man with a big gun, or a 7 footer with a stick?

How big is any man in relation to a T-rex?

How big is any man compared to God? .... a blip on the radar screen

"Giants" are not coming .... this is the talk of the comic book tabloids

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So what is the point ?

Larger than average people then .... larger people than average today

I see no purpose for getting excited over the size of humans with regard for interpreting Bible prophecy .... none

How about the little horn of Daniel's visions? .... bigger, or smaller .... just joking here, but why be concerned about it?

Size does not make much difference .... humans are tiny, large and small

.... a little man with a big gun, or a 7 footer with a stick?

How big is any man in relation to a T-rex?

How big is any man compared to God? .... a blip on the radar screen

Well certainly creation is no match for the creator. But we discuss things in order to not be surprised by the things we see coming on the Earth.You know, the way Lord Jesus describes the great tribulation is it is going to be worse than anything that ever happened on the face of the Earth. That imho means it will be many times worse than your worst nightmare.Or worst than any worst that you can conceive. It will be worse than the Flood. It will be worse than the Tower if Babel. Worse even than. Sodom and Gomorrah.People have no concept of how awesomely bad it is going to be.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
But there is no prophecy about "Giant" people on the earth during the coming tribulation

Satan's demonic forces yes .... but these will take up no space

Like the days of Noah before the judgment comes? It will will be ... almost there now .... close .... little belief upon the earth and people are out of control .... evil continuously

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But there is no prophecy about "Giant" people on the earth during the coming tribulation
Yet they are here!
Like the days of Noah before the judgment comes? It will will be ... almost there now .... close .... little belief upon the earth and people are out of control .... evil continuously

You have not seen or heard of the type of evil that is coming my brother.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Will you be on the earth when the tribulation starts?
I don't think so, but what has that to do with anything? If you are suggesting that I don't need to know because I will not be here, well that is so I can tell others.
And have you searched for and found any "giant" evil people recently?

I try to steer clear of evil people.And I ain't fooling with giants, evil or not. My son is a big man at 6'2. I give him a wide berth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys what about ufo abduction cases where sperm is taken from the men and eggs from the women , surely that must factor in to this , after all Paul did say that Satan is the prince of the power of the air.

People claim that happens. They also say calling on the name of Lord Jesus stops an abduction too.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I get it that for some people the idea that a fallen angel would procreate with human women is hard if not impossible for some to grasp. The whole point of this thread is to look at the evidence and reasons that did or did not happen. Our bible is full of supernatural events that go beyond what most people in the natural would accept as reality. As Christians we have no problem that Jesus walked on water, raised the dead after they began to stink, cast demons into pigs and many other in the natural, impossible to believe events. What is it about this topic that causes such uproar? I have my own theories about that.

If these giants of scripture are just overly large people that just through a quirk in genetics were a little larger than most, why did our Holy, loving, merciful God want them wiped of the face of the earth? Does He have a problem with tall people and tall people’s children? I believe there are answers; the point here is to search those answers out and discuss them. All views are welcome here, but lets’ try to stick to one rule and that is “I disagree with you BECAUSE ????”

If the common and widely taught theory that supposedly the Godly sons of Seth pro created with the ungodly sons of Cain to produce a genetic anomaly makes sense, someone will have to point out the science behind that. Remember just one rule.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who or what are the Sons of God in Genesis 6?

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

It seems clear to me from the context the sons of God in the 3 passages in Job are created beings not of this earth (angels or other heavenly hosts).

What method of Bible interpretation allows us to assign a different definition to the “sons of God “in Genesis 6?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"What method of Bible interpretation allows us to assign a different definition to the “sons of God “in Genesis 6?"

In the original creation all of the angels were considered to be "the son's of God"

However, when a portion of the same rebelled against the Lord, including Satan as the instigator, these are no longer considered to be the "sons of God"

This rebellion took place long before the Genesis 6 account, so the reference to the "son's of God" in the passage were not fallen angles, but human men ... and in this case men of renown and position who were polygamists and they took themselves many women

When men gain power, status, and wealth the more evil they become and they consider themselves to be above the law .... this is nothing new

These human "giants" of stature new better and were not ignorant of the Lord's suggested ways for human's to live .... but they became godless and reprobate .... engaged in behaviors that would satisfy their lusts and evil pleasures

I would suggest to reference a good Bible concordance for the meaning of the term "giants" used to describe the reprobate humans living on the earth during the days of Noah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"What method of Bible interpretation allows us to assign a different definition to the “sons of God “in Genesis 6?"

In the original creation all of the angels were considered to be "the son's of God"

However, when a portion of the same rebelled against the Lord, including Satan as the instigator, these are no longer considered to be the "sons of God"

This rebellion took place long before the Genesis 6 account, so the reference to the "son's of God" in the passage were not fallen angles, but human men ... and in this case men of renown and position who were polygamists and they took themselves many women

When men gain power, status, and wealth the more evil they become and they consider themselves to be above the law .... this is nothing new

These human "giants" of stature new better and were not ignorant of the Lord's suggested ways for human's to live .... but they became godless and reprobate .... engaged in behaviors that would satisfy their lusts and evil pleasures

I would suggest to reference a good Bible concordance for the meaning of the term "giants" used to describe the reprobate humans living on the earth during the days of Noah

Thanks for your stated reasons for your opinion. Let me challenge some of them .

Straightshot said:

Agree.

Based on what? In that line of logic every human being is a creation of God and in that context a “son of God” . Are unsaved people any less a creation of God, are fallen angels any less of a creation of God?

I respect your above statement as an opinion but see no scriptural backing.

That line of thought still does not explain how this union produced giants?

True statement but you have not tied this scripturally to Genesis 6.

Why do we need a Bible concordance to find the definition of giants. Scripture does that for us.

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Deut. 2: 10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;

Deut. 3: 11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.

Deut. 9:2 A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak!

1 Samuel 17: 4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

2 Samuel 21: 20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.

1 Chronicles 20:6 And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot and he also was the son of the giant.

Amos 2:9 Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath.

Scripture is clear these "giants"were abnormally tall not just men of “power, status, and wealth”. The all seem to have 6 fingers and toes, there is no natural explanation for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nephilim,Giants, Gibborim, Earthborn. Mighty ones,men of renown all refer to the same ones who are the offspring of fallen angels. I found this video by Perry Stone to be very passionate in explanation.

Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Based on what? In that line of logic every human being is a creation of God and in that context a “son of God” . Are unsaved people any less a creation of God, are fallen angels any less of a creation of God?"

Anyone, angel or human, who does not believe in Him has no valid relationship with Him [John 1:12]

"That line of thought still does not explain how this union produced giants?"

You need to learn what the terms "giants" and "mighty men" define .... these were not the product of angels procreating with human women .... this is an impossibility and there is no scripture that supports your view

I have to tell you that this thinking is silly and one of the tabloids .... one of the story tellers .... I see this junk on the Internet all of the time

"True statement but you have not tied this scripturally to Genesis 6."

Yes I have, and the balance of your testimony on this matter does not prove angelic/human procreation at all

Your are using scripture to support your idea when the descriptions are defining abnormally large humans and genetic disorders .... these things are not that uncommon

And there is nothing in any of the same scriptures that suggests hybrids of angels and humans

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The thing is, those who believe the line of Seth mixing with the line of Cain are pretty firm in their view. And those of us who believe angels procreated with women are pretty firm in ours. There will be no one accord between the two views. That being said, since Postview started this thread to study the angel with human women view (study, not debate), would the Seth/Cain line view people let us continue our study and you make a new thread on the Seth/Cain view . We have not learned yet how to disagree without being disagreeable to each other.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0