✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Singing Bush said:
(By the way, if you really meant you didn't know where I addressed it at all, well then look at post #64 where you first asked the question and perhaps a post or two after that as the idea was hashed out more.)
You really didn't answer the question, though, but insisted that law could be based solely on rational thought. This is untrue, as I pointed out, since any appeal to rational thought must rest on a presupposed value system (e.g. that order is better than chaos, life is better than death, happiness is better than sadness, benefits are better than inconvenience, etc). Thus the two options we have still stand as the only options when it comes to the basis of law: a system of law based on morality or one based on "what people want" (that is, the values they have). Either way, as I pointed out, homosexual marriage is condemned. Checkmate. ;)

Upvote 0

Singing Bush

Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jedi said:
You really didn't answer the question, though, but insisted that law could be based solely on rational thought. This is untrue, as I pointed out, [...]
You tried to point out that law cannot be based on rational thought. To you, you suceeded; to me, you made incorrect assertions. We both went at it one round to explain our thoughts and no one changed their minds. If you wanna say checkmate again, though, feel more than welcome. :)

Upvote 0

Singing Bush

Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Lori-lee said:
Jedi, singing bush........do u guys have fan clubs?lol.
can i join?lol
No, but I should. There seriously isn't enough glorification of me going on these days. And all these 8 x 10 glossy prints are totally going to waste...

Upvote 0

Singing Bush

Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Blue Impulse said:
I find it funny that after a month or two of having left CF because of an issue surrounding gay rights that just burned me to the core, I come back and this is one of the first posts I see, hehe.
So I take it this is the rebirth of Blue Impulse? Nice to have you back, whoever you are.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.