• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

'Gay is slay': Seattle middle schoolers forced to send hate mail to Moms for Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟383,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's highly unlikely.
That's not how you see it, but it's what trans kids experience.

Also, why aren't all those heteronormative books making gay kids straight.....for decades?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟169,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't about free speech. IF this occurred using taxpayer money the the school is POLITICIZING children's education. Using the school to oppose other people's views. What if a teacher had all the kids write to BLM and tell them they were bullying shop keepers or attacking police and they needed to stop? Or the QSA telling them to stop bullying people who disagree with them? That would be just as wrong.

These kids aren't getting these things by themselves. They are being indoctrinated by the schools and in the schools. A teacher has no right to teach kids THEIR personal Belief SYSTEM concerning cultural and political matters.
Where do you get your talking points?
Schools have always been the main place where the next generation was indoctrinated into the society in which they were situated!
What seems to be occurring is that children are being indoctrinated into a more open and diverse society and MFL and their ilk are miffed about this.
It is their right (and if they so choose their duty) to lobby for that [future society] which they desire; but they are so heavy handed about it that they’re going to turn more people offf than have join them and are surprised about this development.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Snohomish Co.
✟670,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not how you see it, but it's what trans kids experience.
It's still unlikely that Christian parents real motive is to teach their kids to bully trans and gay kids.
Also, why aren't all those heteronormative books making gay kids straight.....for decades?
They weren't teaching a rabbit hole of umpteen orientations and genders to identify as.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟383,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's still unlikely that Christian parents real motive is to teach their kids to bully trans and gay kids.
I honestly can't say for certain. My daughter's friends had bullies at her Christian school that said "You don't belong on Earth. You should just go die. My parents said you shouldn't exist".
It may not be the primary motive but until such time as I hear uplifting messages, I'm not sure what to say.

They weren't teaching a rabbit hole of umpteen orientations and genders to identify as.
Yes. The indoctrination was STRONG. It wasn't watered down with so many options. All those gay kids should DEFINITELY have become straight given how many hetero books they've read.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟754,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

As far as hate or bullying is concerned. Try this thought experiment: Take the way you talk about this stuff but apply it to another group--say Christians. Someone saying the exact same things you say about the LGBTQ+, about agendas, indoctrination, perversion, etc--now imagine someone saying that except it's about Christians. Would you consider it loving? Would you consider it not hateful, nor demeaning, nor belittling, etc?

Put yourself in the other shoes.

Or, to make it biblical, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Snohomish Co.
✟670,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly can't say for certain. My daughter's friends had bullies at her Christian school that said "You don't belong on Earth. You should just go die. My parents said you shouldn't exist".
It may not be the primary motive but until such time as I hear uplifting messages, I'm not sure what to say.
Why were they saying that and at what age.
Yes. The indoctrination was STRONG. It wasn't watered down with so many options. All those gay kids should DEFINITELY have become straight given how many hetero books they've read.
You're still working with gay and straight, when there's so very much more for kids to identify as.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Snohomish Co.
✟670,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as hate or bullying is concerned. Try this thought experiment: Take the way you talk about this stuff but apply it to another group--say Christians. Someone saying the exact same things you say about the LGBTQ+, about agendas, indoctrination, perversion, etc--now imagine someone saying that except it's about Christians. Would you consider it loving? Would you consider it not hateful, nor demeaning, nor belittling, etc?

Put yourself in the other shoes.

Or, to make it biblical, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

-CryptoLutheran
God who is love used harsher terms regarding sin in the old testament. Jesus and Paul used harsh terms regarding sin even when speaking to believers. And who's more loving than Jesus?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟754,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
God who is love used harsher terms regarding sin in the old testament. Jesus and Paul used harsh terms regarding sin even when speaking to believers. And who's more loving than Jesus?

That's a deflection from what I said. But nevertheless, my counter is simple: Who are the sorts of people that receive that harsh language? When Jesus brings the hammer of the Law down, who gets the gavel?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟871,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
God who is love used harsher terms regarding sin in the old testament.
You're not getting into the spirit of ViaCrucis' thought experiment.

Parents have a right to oversee their children's understanding of religion. The school should not be indoctrinating children into religion with the presence of books with religious contents in the library. Official student groups like the Good News Club, seeking to indoctrinate others into religion. Activities like "See you at the pole" where students flaunt their religion explicitly in public to attract others into their fold, harming parents' ability to raise their children in their own faith tradition, free from government-supported religious behavior.

These kind of complaints would fall on deaf ears. Because the status of student-initiated religious groups and activities, along with the presence of Bibles or other religious literature in school libraries is well settled law. And for the exact same reason that religious discrimination would be illegal, states that have non-discrimination laws regarding sexuality also protect all of the age-appropriate queer content from government bans, not to mention the First Amendment protections.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Snohomish Co.
✟670,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a deflection from what I said. But nevertheless, my counter is simple: Who are the sorts of people that receive that harsh language? When Jesus brings the hammer of the Law down, who gets the gavel?

-CryptoLutheran
I wasn't taking about how Jesus addressed the Pharisees, but rather the masses and even his own deciples. You know all those sayings which convict us that some refer to as "clobber verses".

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Snohomish Co.
✟670,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not getting into the spirit of ViaCrucis' thought experiment.

Parents have a right to oversee their children's understanding of religion. The school should not be indoctrinating children into religion with the presence of books with religious contents in the library. Official student groups like the Good News Club, seeking to indoctrinate others into religion. Activities like "See you at the pole" where students flaunt their religion explicitly in public to attract others into their fold, harming parents' ability to raise their children in their own faith tradition, free from government-supported religious behavior.

These kind of complaints would fall on deaf ears. Because the status of student-initiated religious groups and activities, along with the presence of Bibles or other religious literature in school libraries is well settled law. And for the exact same reason that religious discrimination would be illegal, states that have non-discrimination laws regarding sexuality also protect all of the age-appropriate queer content from government bans, not to mention the First Amendment protections.
All that's going on in elementary schools eh?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟871,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟383,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why were they saying that and at what age.
Her friend is transgender. He "figured it out" when he was in gr.3 but nothing really changed until about gr.6. Then he started to explore more. She is just starting hormones now. They (daughter and friend) are now in gr.9 and they BOTH left the Christian school because the students there did not treat either of them very well (it's kind of a big "sports culture" and my daughter is far more bookish).

I'm not totally sure if there is an age when it's acceptable to say those things to....well....anyone but.

You're still working with gay and straight, when there's so very much more for kids to identify as.
I know now yes. But for the last 50 years in schools, homosexual boys and girls have been reading exclusively heteronormative books (until maybe 10 yrs ago). And yet those gay boys and girls grew up gay...despite the books they read.

Why do you think the opposite WOULDN'T be true of your heterosexual children? Are your children weaker? Are the lessons and teachings you are giving your kids too weak?

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟352,666.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If that were true, it should be trivial to link to dozens of such examples.
Instead, all we have is a personal attack.

Perhaps the dog ate the evidence? Or maybe the evidence goes to school in Canada so we wouldn't be able to meet her.
There have been dozens of links in other threads on this issue, which I'm sure you also have seen. So there is no need to continue to repost what has been posted before. Have you not been part of these conversations in the past? If not then I suggest you review them. If so then you are just gas lighting also because you've seen it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟352,666.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Interesting how "we're queer, we're coming for your children" supporters convert "indoctrination" into "molestation".
It's also interesting how they claim there is no evidence when it's been presented to them in spades on other threads. I shouldn't be surprised they just ignored it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟871,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟352,666.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Where do you get your talking points?
Schools have always been the main place where the next generation was indoctrinated into the society in which they were situated!
What seems to be occurring is that children are being indoctrinated into a more open and diverse society and MFL and their ilk are miffed about this.
It is their right (and if they so choose their duty) to lobby for that [future society] which they desire; but they are so heavy handed about it that they’re going to turn more people offf than have join them and are surprised about this development.
Finally someone stands up and admits indoctrination is going on. Why for a long time people wouldn't admit it. And you have stepped into the second stage which is to say it's good that it's happening. Th next stage will it should be happening even more.
It's funny that you demanded evidence of it and then turned around and admitted it was happening. Thanks for stepping up.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟352,666.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That doesn't seem to be the case, as Republican Senators were (as recently as last month) demanding that the FBI quit using them as a source.
They must have started using them again. At one point they stopped. I shouldn't be surprised that the government uses a left wing biased organization for information who targets conservatives. This is a well known fact. And it's hate groups list is a fraud upon people to scare liberals into paying up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.