Messianic-believer
Mar 5, 2016
United States
✟7,824.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The above only applies to the people God gave that covenant to.

bugkiller

Can you show me that from the Scriptures? Consider:

Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV - "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."

Galatians 3:14 KJV - "That the blessing of Abraham (many nations blessing) might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate if you could provide a quote to back that up because I can not recall any post about Sabbath telling people they are damned if they don't keep it. I do not know your inward heart relationship with God, so He will judge you on the light you have received according to His will.
Do you really read my posts? This is the second time for the following. Ellen was the prophet to the SDA church. The church claims her writings are equal to the Holy Writ. Your not knowing what she wrote about the subject of Sabbath observance proves to me you are like most SDAs, you pay lip service to her and go about doing your own will and pay no attention to her requirements.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them. If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

I do know that the Sabbath/Sunday issue will become a salvational issue in the very near future, but don't worry, all will know the choice they will be making.
All that from your false prophet is a bunch of malarkey.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one said that the Law was David's salvation but it pointed him to the One who was. That is why David proclaimed it as a blessing... the same way we praise God because of out trials. We know that through them, we will be stronger in our faith and able to better surrender to Him. We don't praise the storm but the purpose of the storm...same with the Law.
Oh yes someone did. Only when it was pointed out you deny it being written. Seems like I spend a good part of my time on line clearing up false statements.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes someone did. Only when it was pointed out you deny it being written. Seems like I spend a good part of my time on line clearing up false statements.
Could you please post a link where I or someone else said that David's salvation was through the Law. Thank you.

Your work as persecutor of cyberheretics must give you a powerful experience... thank god for Bob S.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Can you show me that from the Scriptures? Consider:

Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV - "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."

Galatians 3:14 KJV - "That the blessing of Abraham (many nations blessing) might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."
Are you trying to prove Christians are obligated to the law because you think they become Jews or actually part of Israel? If so you'll have to do much better than what you posted.

According to Romans 11 the Christian is graft into the Root (Jesus) and not the tree (Israel). Why would a Jew need to be graft into his own tree?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Vine and Branches

Messianic-believer
Mar 5, 2016
United States
✟7,824.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are you trying to prove Christians are obligated to the law because you think they become Jews or actually part of Israel? If so you'll have to do much better than what you posted.

According to Romans 11 the Christian is graft into the Root (Jesus) and not the tree (Israel). Why would a Jew need to be graft into his own tree?

bugkiller
Because the Jews were broken off due to their unbelief. (The Jews that did not believe rather, not the disciples)

Romans 11:20 KJV - "Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:"

Romans 11:23-24 KJV - "And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?"

Upvote 0

Vine and Branches

Messianic-believer
Mar 5, 2016
United States
✟7,824.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Because the Jews were broken off due to their unbelief. (The Jews that did not believe rather, not the disciples)

Romans 11:20 KJV - "Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:"

Romans 11:23-24 KJV - "And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?"

Upvote 0

Vine and Branches

Messianic-believer
Mar 5, 2016
United States
✟7,824.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

No sale!

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

The Christians isn't graft into the branches. The Christian is graft into the Root which supports the branches. You read we are graft into the branches (Israel). I read we are graft into the Root (Jesus) which isn't Israel.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
No sale!

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

The Christians isn't graft into the branches. The Christian is graft into the Root which supports the branches. You read we are graft into the branches (Israel). I read we are graft into the Root (Jesus) which isn't Israel.

bugkiller
And when you question they why would anyone want to be grafted into Israel, the nation who rejected Jesus, whose leaders conspired against him to kill him they have to do this dance trying to say there is a 'spiritual Israel" which consists of those who accept Jesus. In other words they try to replace the word "CHRISTIAN" with "SPIRITUAL ISRAEL" and then graft you into that.... which is redundant because in reality you are grafting Christians into Christians in their warped mindset.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And when you question they why would anyone want to be grafted into Israel, the nation who rejected Jesus, whose leaders conspired against him to kill him they have to do this dance trying to say there is a 'spiritual Israel" which consists of those who accept Jesus. In other words they try to replace the word "CHRISTIAN" with "SPIRITUAL ISRAEL" and then graft you into that.... which is redundant because in reality you are grafting Christians into Christians in their warped mindset.
The term Christian and Spiritual Israel are the same... The plan for God's people was laid in the garden after Adam and Eve sinned Gen 3:15... this plan included all peoples, throughout all dispensations, that accepted the atonement for their sins... in type through the animal sacrifice and in antitype through the blood of Christ. God doesn't have two groups of people, all those that believed in the promise to come or the promise given are called God's Israel.

Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל, Standard Yisraʾel Tiberian Yiśrāʾēl; "Triumphant with God", "who prevails with God"... sounds like God's people through all time doesn't it? Call it physical Israel/spiritual Israel/Christianity/the Remnant/the Redeemed... no matter what you call it, we are all part of the same family.

You can see the results of our determined separation of God's people with Pope Francis' declaration that Jews don't need to believe in Jesus to be saved. The premise, is that they are separate from Christianity and have their own salvation through what Christ gave to them... WRONG! God's teachings for His people is progressive and all must continue in His light as He shows us the way forward to a perfect understanding of Him. There have been marked moments of increased Light given throughout time that if the church didn't follow the Lamb, they were lost. Adams instruction to his family, Noah's message to the antediluvians, Moses' message to the Hebrew slaves, Christ's message to the Jews, the Reformers message to the persecuted church, Adventism's message to the Protestants, and finally, the Latter Rain Spirit poured out upon His people just before the second coming.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you please post a link where I or someone else said that David's salvation was through the Law. Thank you.
I will post your exact words:
"Why did David so expressively declare the Law such a delight? Because it revealed to him his salvation in the Lord."
Where does the law reveal salvation?

ur work as persecutor of cyberheretics must give you a powerful experience... thank god for Bob S.
Thank you so much.

I am still waiting for you to comment on my revealing to you the fact that the SDA church does teach that we non observers are bound for hell. Lilly White said so so it must be true huh. Seams like when we reveal truth to you you avoid comment.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The term Christian and Spiritual Israel are the same... The plan for God's people was laid in the garden after Adam and Eve sinned Gen 3:15... this plan included all peoples, throughout all dispensations, that accepted the atonement for their sins... in type through the animal sacrifice and in antitype through the blood of Christ. God doesn't have two groups of people, all those that believed in the promise to come or the promise given are called God's Israel.

Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל, Standard Yisraʾel Tiberian Yiśrāʾēl; "Triumphant with God", "who prevails with God"... sounds like God's people through all time doesn't it? Call it physical Israel/spiritual Israel/Christianity/the Remnant/the Redeemed... no matter what you call it, we are all part of the same family.

You can see the results of our determined separation of God's people with Pope Francis' declaration that Jews don't need to believe in Jesus to be saved. The premise, is that they are separate from Christianity and have their own salvation through what Christ gave to them... WRONG! God's teachings for His people is progressive and all must continue in His light as He shows us the way forward to a perfect understanding of Him. There have been marked moments of increased Light given throughout time that if the church didn't follow the Lamb, they were lost. Adams instruction to his family, Noah's message to the antediluvians, Moses' message to the Hebrew slaves, Christ's message to the Jews, the Reformers message to the persecuted church, Adventism's message to the Protestants, and finally, the Latter Rain Spirit poured out upon His people just before the second coming.
Nope.... just a bunch of hogwash. The term Christian IS in the Bible.... the term "spiritual Israel" is non existent and just a made up idea to sucker non Jewish people into compliance with the PHYSICAL..... NOT...... SPIRITUAL..... LAWS of Israel.
I could only accept the idea of "spiritual Israel" if it were not used to tie people into CARNAL Israel.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nope.... just a bunch of hogwash. The term Christian IS in the Bible.... the term "spiritual Israel" is non existent and just a made up idea to sucker non Jewish people into compliance with the PHYSICAL..... NOT...... SPIRITUAL..... LAWS of Israel.
I could only accept the idea of "spiritual Israel" if it were not used to tie people into CARNAL Israel.
You're entitled to your opinion...

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I will post your exact words:
"Why did David so expressively declare the Law such a delight? Because it revealed to him his salvation in the Lord."

Thank you so much.

I am still waiting for you to comment on my revealing to you the fact that the SDA church does teach that we non observers are bound for hell. Lilly White said so so it must be true huh. Seams like when we reveal truth to you you avoid comment.
So, you tried to accuse me of saying that David's salvation was through the Law, when I clearly said it was in the Lord. Great spirit you're exhibiting there Bob... you might want to pray about that. That's called bearing false witness brother but since you are no longer "under the Law" I guess it doesn't mean anything to you anyway...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Why do you feel your need of a Saviour Bob? I'm guessing you would say 'because I'm a sinner'... that is correct Bob. And how do we know we are sinners? John says it's because we have transgressed God's law. Jesus says we are all sinners because we can't perfectly keep the Law... that only through His sacrifice are we able to be cleansed.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you tried to accuse me of saying that David's salvation was through the Law, when I clearly said it was in the Lord. Great spirit you're exhibiting there Bob... you might want to pray about that. That's called bearing false witness brother but since you are no longer "under the Law" I guess it doesn't mean anything to you anyway...
Thank you for all your kind words. I answered your question to me and I see you really appreciated it. keep up the good work brother. I am sure the lurkers are pleased with you?

ECR wrote:

All the law could do is reveal sin. A person cannot go to the law for salvation. A person cannot depend on the law to reveal to him his salvation it can only reveal to him sin.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

You should do great at our cow chip throwing contest.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you said is as clear as mud my friend. Why would I bring it up if I understood what you wrote as being what you later tried to cover-up?
I respectfully submit to you that you should take a refresher course in English composition. You don't seem to understand what "it" is.

Upvote 0