Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Attendance at home churches is not the same as being churchless. There may be leadership with more mature believers at such a home church. There could also be home fellowships without such leadership, this would need the Bible being used for that still, but if there is just basically a few new believers in a home fellowship, who are not a part of anything else, that would really be missing the Christian leadership, and would correspond more to being unchurched, which is a disadvantage for Christian believers. If that circumstance can't be helped, it is desirable for such to still have Christian programming to hear, and the Bible to see and study. There would still need to be discernment for choosing for not all programming known as Christian is teaching what such believers should hear.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
An important factor with this would seem to be what actually goes on in a so-called home church. If there is a real congregation and it's not just one family praying together,.. and if there is a real congregation that's engaged in the activities of a church rather than just having Bible Study...it might be what we call a church, a home church.

But OTOH, there are conventional congregations that are too poor to even rent some more appropriate facilities and so, at least for awhile, they meet in homes. Those aren't what most people mean when they say they prefer "home churches."

IOW, people talk enthusiastically about "home churches," but the term seems often to be misused.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This term of "home church" is vague enough, with a variety of different situations to be involved, that are not the same thing, from a real church that meets in a home for church services, to informal get-togethers of Christians who are young in the faith, and if such are not otherwise involved in any church activity, with this they are still really churchless.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As desirable as it would be for there being a church for believers to be in, some will see difficulty that would be too much for them to have that, or in cases some just can't, due to circumstances. Along with other believers who are in church there are programs, especially on radio, that are good for them. There are Bible answer programs, I have listened to such before, and had help in my growth from it. This included that with Hank Hanegraff, which had continued from Walter Martin's, until his show was taken off the station I listened to where I was, while it continued elsewhere. But I heard afterward how his beliefs had changed, to another form of Christianity. But there are still good programs with teaching for believers to listen to. I recommend Romans 13 | Thru the Bible with Dr. J. Vernon McGee, including all episodes, not just this linked one, for one of such programs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0