Function discovered in 'non-functional' retroviral DNA!!!

ROFL!!!!!!

That certainly is proof of adaptation in the imagination of evolutionists.

If the gene is useless, it is clear evidence for evolution.

...adapts to...

If anyone finds out the gene really isn't useless, it is clear evidence for evolution.

I've said it many times, many ways, Merry Christmas..oh, wait, I mean...if you guys found a manufacturing label buried in the human genome that read "Designed By G~d and Supernaturally Created," you'd still manage to interpret that as evidence for evolution.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I pulled this from the page Jerry listed....

There has been a molecular arms race going on between transposable elements and their host genomes for millions of years. Host genomes are continually evolving new regulatory mechanisms to silence the mutagenic effects associated with the replication of these elements which, in turn, place selective pressure on the elements to evolve mechanisms to escape these controls. The result is an internal drive mechanism to increase biological complexity.

Just as new technologies generated by the military arms races between rival countries get spun off and used for non-military purposes, so the new regulatory mechanisms resulting from the arms race between transposable elements and host genomes generate new molecular mechanisms that can be used to accelerate evolution on the organismic level.

The idea of a relatively sudden genetic change that alters evolution isn't new. Scientists, such as the late Stephen Jay Gould, proposed a mechanism called "punctuated equilibrium" more than two decades ago. This idea, not yet completely accepted by scientists, proposes that evolution has depended more often on sudden and unexpected changes in genomes rather than a simple Darwinian paradigm of gradual evolutionary change due to extremely long-term natural selection.

The result is an internal drive mechanism to increase biological complexity.

Thank you Jerry :) This is what I have KNOWN and having been trying to express to you. Intelligent design is the how of evolution. It did not run smooth but was accomplished by boosts. God is in charge. You will never find missing links. God did not make any.

Upvote 0
Stormy:
The result is an internal drive mechanism to increase biological complexity.

Either God is the same as:
There has been a molecular arms race going on between transposable elements and their host genomes for millions of years. Host genomes are continually evolving new regulatory mechanisms to silence the mutagenic effects associated with the replication of these elements which, in turn, place selective pressure on the elements to evolve mechanisms to escape these controls.

or

your position doesn't follow from the research reported here...

That doesn't mean your position is wrong, it just means it isn't a proper conclusion to draw from this research.

I wouldn't define God as a molecular arms race, but if you so define Him, then yes, I believe it is quite possible that there really is a molecular arms race/God.

Upvote 0