From WOF to simplicity

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Whether poor or poor in spirit, the counterpart to that is the Kingdom of God!

It's not saying that you're in a blessed position to REMAIN poor; to not be able to pay your bills; to not properly clothe your family; to deprive yourself of needed education; to have transportation if needed; to have money to meet needs of the people you run across; to give to the church...

In God's kingdom there is no lack. God does permit lack sometimes and there is a trial of your faith. Why would lack be a trial of your faith? Maybe it's because you're supposed to believe in your provision anyway! That it's not because of your own ingenuity or cleverness.

It's all grace.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I agree.
Of course God is able to help with physical needs.

My posts about this were about the phrase:
"I believe poverty is a curse that steals a person's future."
Which I disagree with. Jesus said 'the poor (material poverty) are blessed'.

peace,
Simon

God can take any calamity and turn it for our good. Rom 8:28 That doesn't mean that it was originally God's will for us to go throuh the calamity. We are blessed going in and blessed going out. If we blow it and face trouble. God can still turn it for our good. So it doesn't make any difference what is happening in our life. We can start living in the blessings of God.

And if we reap what we have sown to the flesh, we can testify of the goodness of God and how He is with us now. We can be a testimony in jail. Or at the homeless shelter. We can share the gospel with whoever we meet. We can testify how God will help us out of our mess. We can start a church in jail. We can start a Bible study at the retirement center.

We can live in contentment, Phil 4:11 as Paul said he learned the secret of going hungry. He learned the secret of suffering need. Phil 4:12 as well as living in abundance. How by looking not at himself but living for others. 1 Thes 3:8 For now we really live if YOU stand firm in the Lord. Paul lived for others. His condition was not an issue.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen!

Matthew does tell us that Jesus did indeed say the poor in spirit are blessed.

But I was talking about when Jesus also said 'blessed are the poor', which was a reference to material poverty. Recorded by Luke.

Jesus: Blessed are the poor in spirit.
Jesus: Blessed are the poor.

peace,
Simon

Good stuff. And I think the good news extends to materially impoverished.

I am reminded of whom Jesus came to preach, and what He said:

Luke 4:17-19 KJV
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

So I suppose if we are going to use the Luke version of "blessed are the poor" and take to mean materially impoverish, we will also have to extend that mean to the above verses.

"he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the (materially impoverished)poor;"

Now if the good news to the sick is healing, and the good news to the lost is salvation...
Then what would the "good news to the materially impoverished" mean?
It can only mean salvation from poverty.

Thanks

Dids

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

So I suppose if we are going to use the Luke version of "blessed are the poor" and take to mean materially impoverish, we will also have to extend that mean to the above verses.

"he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the (materially impoverished)poor;"

Now if the good news to the sick is healing, and the good news to the lost is salvation...

Thanks

Dids

But Jesus didn't actually say 'make the poor rich', but instead He pointed out that the other blessings were for the poor. 'Make the poor rich' is not in the text and is entirely speculative on your part.

Furthermore, the next two verses shed additional light:

And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.
And he began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Luke 4:20-21 ESV

I can show you in scripture where these things were fulfilled, the blind able to see, people delivered, healed and set at liberty, but nowhere do I see the poor made materially rich.

I know God is able to make the poor rich, and He has done it at times; but it is not part of the special anointing spoken of in this passage.

As for the Luke and Matthew "versions", they are nor different versions of the same gathering/sermon; they are similar but different sermons preached at a different time and place.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Jesus didn't actually say 'make the poor rich', but instead He pointed out that the other blessings were for the poor. 'Make the poor rich' is not in the text and is entirely speculative on your part.

And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.
And he began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

I can show you in scripture where these things were fulfilled, the blind able to see, people delivered, healed and set at liberty, but nowhere do I see the poor made materially rich.

I know God is able to make the poor rich, and He has done it at times; but it is not part of the special anointing spoken of in this passage.

As for the Luke and Matthew "versions", they are nor different versions of the same gathering/sermon; they are similar but different sermons preached at a different time and place.

peace,
Simon
Well I did not say rich... I said delivered from poverty. Pay you bills on time. Put food on the table and shoes on the kids feet. Not worry if your paycheck will hit the bank before the checks you wrote... living paycheck to paycheck. Enduring one bout of unemployment after another.
I have been there. I would rather be in the sickbed than have to face that again.
I am not sure people who have never lived in poverty comprehend just how destructive it can be to a family.
YES... Jesus DOES save you from this.
Having been materially poor. It is not a blessing. It is a curse. It brings hopelessness and shame. There is extreme guilt that you cannot take care of your family. You feel helpless and abandoned. You children come home crying because kids make fun of their thrift shop clothes and ragged sneakers.
One of the worse moments of my life was when my 6 year old came to me crying because he felt hungry.

Please do not tell me poverty is a blessing....

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I did not say rich... I said delivered from poverty. Pay you bills on time. Put food on the table and shoes on the kids feet. Not worry if your paycheck will hit the bank before the checks you wrote... living paycheck to paycheck. Enduring one bout of unemployment after another.
I have been there. I would rather be in the sickbed than have to face that again.
I am not sure people who have never lived in poverty comprehend just how destructive it can be to a family.
YES... Jesus DOES save you from this.
Having been materially poor. It is not a blessing. It is a curse. It brings hopelessness and shame. There is extreme guilt that you cannot take care of your family. You feel helpless and abandoned. You children come home crying because kids make fun of their thrift shop clothes and ragged sneakers.
One of the worse moments of my life was when my 6 year old came to me crying because he felt hungry.

Please do not tell me poverty is a blessing....

That's true, you did say delivered from poverty, but I still don't see that in the scriptures.

If our life is merely about comfort, health and happiness, then poverty is always a curse, but life is so much more.

Our life is Spiritual. God wants faith despite poverty, ill health and other trials. Faith that trusts despite the hardship, that's the faith that blesses God; not just faith to believe God wants to remove all hardship. Once the trials have accomplished their purpose, God will deliver. Though sometimes the deliverance is death.

If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. (1 Corinthians 15:19 ESV)

Also, God is drawn to the poor, the weak, the despised. Would you rather be wealthy and healthy and blessed with a distant God, or troubled with a God who comes close. To be fair, I want (and have had) a life of both. Trials have deepened my relationship and my faith in God, and physical blessings have provided respite and encouragement.

peace,
Simon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
These scriptures tell us what the LORD thinks about prosperity.

"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it." - Proverbs 10:22

"Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant." - Psalm 35:27

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." - 3 John 1:2

Scripture says HE blesses and takes care of the poor, but it doesn't say HE delights in poverty.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Here's more scripture on rich and poor:

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich." - 2 Corinthians 8:9

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”, 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." - Galatians 3:13-14

"So he said, “I am Abraham’s servant. 35 The Lord has blessed my master greatly, and he has become great; and He has given him flocks and herds, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys. 36 And Sarah my master’s wife bore a son to my master when she was old; and to him he has given all that he has. " - Genesis 24:34-36

If in CHRIST we have become rich with the blessing of Abraham, we can expect something more than poverty.

The blessing of Abraham resembles the Deuteronomy 28 blessing.

"3 “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. 4 “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
5 “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
7 “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
8 “The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you." - Deuteronomy 28:3-9

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Joy and fulfillment does not come from doing things to please yourself. Joy and fulfillment comes from helping others. Could it be that deliverance from poverty comes as we reach out to others in our faith and love for Christ.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

That is so incorrect. Almost ludacris. How does poverty on earth hold any kind of a candle to salvation and heaven for eternity. Our time on earth is like a grain of sand on a beach.

The good news is salvation. period. To be healed when Jesus was healing, one had to have faith. The sick get healed as part of the extended good news to them.

To say that the poor need salvation from 'poverty' is really minimizing spending eternity in heaven, rather then hell.

That is a loooongg stretch IMHO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

ToBeBlessed

Originally Posted by didaskalos

Thanks

Dids​

peace,
Simon

Matthew 19:23-24
"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

Dids, How do you rationalize the verses above that JESUS said with riches? WOF?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
In Matthew 19, a rich young ruler asked how to be saved.

He was boasting about how he had obeyed the commandments.

The LORD told him to sell all he had, give it to the poor, and then come follow HIM.

The young rich ruler went away sad.

The scripture quote you gave was the LORD'S comments about someone who chose to keep their money, rather than give it all up as the LORD specifically asked him to.

The LORD also said if we give up anything for the kingdom, it will be given back to us 100 fold.

Here it is in entirety in Matthew 19 AND Mark 10:

Matthew 19:16-30 NKJV - Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler - Bible Gateway

Mark 10:17-31 NKJV - Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler - Bible Gateway

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

In Matthew 19, a rich young ruler asked how to be saved.

He was boasting about how he had obeyed the commandments.

The LORD told him to sell all he had, give it to the poor, and then come follow HIM.

The young rich ruler went away sad.

The scripture quote you gave was the LORD'S comments about someone who chose to keep their money, rather than give it all up as the LORD specifically asked him to.

The LORD also said if we give up anything for the kingdom, it will be given back to us 100 fold.

Here it is in entirety in Matthew 19 AND Mark 10:

Matthew 19:16-30 NKJV - Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler - Bible Gateway

Mark 10:17-31 NKJV - Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler - Bible Gateway

Exactly. The Lord may give us back 100 fold, but that does not mean it is in material riches. We are not of this world, just as Jesus was not of this world.

Living for riches of this world is not biblical faith. When the Lord says He will care for our needs and we will have life abundantly, that is not a reference to money. I think that's what some people want to read so they assume.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Exactly. The Lord may give us back 100 fold, but that does not mean it is in material riches. We are not of this world, just as Jesus was not of this world.

Living for riches of this world is not biblical faith.
Absolutely.

Living for riches is NOT how the LORD meant us to use the gift of faith HE gave each one of us. (Romans 12:3)

Living for HIM, and doing everything HE says for HIS GLORY is where it's at. (1 Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3:17)

We're to use everything to the LORD'S glory, and allow NOTHING to use us, or hold us in bondage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is so incorrect. Almost ludacris. How does poverty on earth hold any kind of a candle to salvation and heaven for eternity. Our time on earth is like a grain of sand on a beach.

The good news is salvation. period. To be healed when Jesus was healing, one had to have faith. The sick get healed as part of the extended good news to them.

To say that the poor need salvation from 'poverty' is really minimizing spending eternity in heaven, rather then hell.

That is a loooongg stretch IMHO.

Logical fallacy.

So God will not save anyone from poverty?

Nowhere did the Lord or the scripture say that you could be saved from hell but not saved from poverty also. It is totally ok on His part that we be saved from both. Just like we can be saved from hell AND healed. It is not an either or proposition.

God very clearly instructs us as to what is a curse and what is a blessing.

Deuteronomy 28: KJV
1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

These are thing God considers curses:

15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
20 The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
21 The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
24 The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
25 The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
26 And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.
27 The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
28 The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
30 Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
31 Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
32 Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.
33 The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
34 So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
35 The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
36 The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
37 And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.
38 Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.
40 Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.
41 Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
42 All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.
43 The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
44 He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.
45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
46 And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
47 Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;
59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.
63 And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

Now I have been discussing these things in debates starting on the old message boards in the early 90s. I know better than to try and convince some people that God wants us to be blessed in every area of life, including prosperity. He loves the prosperity of HIs people. It is exceeding difficult to pull people from the "poverty is a good thing" mindset. I cannot count the times I have tried to talk people into realizing that YES, you can be saved AND healed, AND prosperous. There is nothing wrong with being healed and prosperous! Like I said above, it is not an either-or proposition. He is not asking us to choose between being saved or being healed. He is not telling us that in order to be saved we have to subject our family and ourselves to poverty. God has detailed to us in the above scripture (and the word cannot be broken) exactly what a blessing is and what a curse is. It is truly a bizarre situation. That being said I will just state that God is good and that goodness translates into good things for those who love Him and believe. Let anyone reading this know that God loves you and that love resolves to good things, blessings that proceed from the list of good things. Jesus came to save us in EVERY way we can be saved. There is nothing He left out. There is nothing He will not do for you if you will only believe. Trust Him. Believe in His GOOD news. He is not mad at you any more. He does not want to crush His children beneath unbearable burdens. Call on His name and He will saved you, deliver you, help you to overcome the world, heal your body, and raise you and your family up out of the curse of poverty and death. Believe Him >>> JESUS!!!
With that I am done. I will simply allow the Spirit to make real the truth to anyone reading this.

Blessings

Dids

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
So God will not save anyone from poverty?

Nowhere did the Lord or the scripture say that you could be saved from hell but not saved from poverty also. It is totally ok on His part that we be saved from both. Just like we can be saved from hell AND healed. It is not an either or proposition.

Blessings

Dids
:thumbsup:
The LORD saved me from poverty when I saw what HE had to say about blessing us and taking care of us.

"This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles." - Psalm 34:6

"For He will deliver the needy when he cries, The poor also, and him who has no helper." - Psalm 72:12

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it." - Proverbs 10:22

"Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant." - Psalm 35:27

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." - 3 John 1:2

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Cor 9:8 " And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;"

The point of prospering is not to be wealthy but to have an abundance to advance the kingdom of God. That is the foundation of the blessings of the law in Deuteronomy.

Deut. 8:18 "But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day."

We don't have to hold back or hoard our possessions and money because God will give us as we give to others. We are free to minister because we trust in God's goodness to us.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Often a disconnect of mutual understanding occurs when we have a different idea of what certain things mean --- like being "rich".

If you believe "rich" means having 2 Jags in a 4 car garage, then yes, it's different than mine! If rich means having the nicest house in the neighborhood, then that's possible, but it will have to be demonstrated in the Spirit that God's on board with that. He uses big houses too (for a purpose).

Really, the accepted "WOF" standard of "rich" (given by Kenneth Hagin) is a "full supply".

It's been demonstrated time and again in the Word. Peter pulled the gold out of the fishes mouth(!). Jesus fed thousands of people from one lunch.

In short, He demonstrated that needs could be met if you believed. There's the catch. If you're standard of perception of being blessed deviates from His, then you can't believe out of the poverty you (we) might be enduring.

Jesus demonstrated that circumstances don't win out over Kingdom provision. You're "all in" (in the Hold 'em realm) and He takes what you have and He's all in.

If you think not having eaten in 3 days is a blessed condition (most people don't), then I hope He opens our eyes so we don't live beneath our privilege.

The sobering thing is that they walked with Jesus for a couple (several?) of days before anything was said. You might be called to do the same. We don't know, we just know that Jesus had compassion on them because they didn't eat. It was a "fast", but at some point the body must be attended to.

If some people think being rich is feasting every day, I would think that to be amiss. But it is not going hungry to the exlusion of your body, and I don't believe it is proper for a king who is heir to all things to suffer lack.

It is scriptural to be tested and if your heart proves it has pure gold in it, I think all sorts of things open up to you that defy what the eye has seen.

It is not for us to judge those who may have already entered into that realm, that they are covetous.

Upvote 0