Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They're free to express their views ... as are atheists, hindus, buddhists, etc. In fact, I would encourage them all to begin investing in billboards just for the sake of engendering discussion. At some point, we all need to make a decision as to whether Jesus is God or just another man. In the end, the truth will win out.

Reactions: Evie1980
Upvote 0

hana14

May 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
✟8,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They're free to express their views ... as are atheists, hindus, buddhists, etc. In fact, I would encourage them all to begin investing in billboards just for the sake of engendering discussion. At some point, we all need to make a decision as to whether Jesus is God or just another man. In the end, the truth will win out.
:amen:

Reactions: Revived
Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
I'm curious as to what they think he taught, since not only does the stuff about coming to serve and be a ransom for many not jive with Mohammedism, but what he taught about the Kingdom of Heaven/God and that "his kingdom is not of this world", being the opposite of Mohammedism with it's very of this world Caliphate.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
They were not intended to downgrade the significance of Jesus. ''We embrace him and say that he was one of the mightiest prophets of God.''

Yeah, except they disregard everything He actually said because the writings have been 'corrupted', but that doesn't stop them from plucking out the verse or two which actually supports their ideas :p

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious as to what they think he taught, since not only does the stuff about coming to serve and be a ransom for many not jive with Mohammedism, but what he taught about the Kingdom of Heaven/God and that "his kingdom is not of this world", being the opposite of Mohammedism with it's very of this world Caliphate.

I was wondering myself. I was thinking of calling and getting the literature. My Opa (who was a Christian) had a copt of the Koran. He was well read in many areas - religion, psyshology and politics. I would be interested to know what they have to say.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
There are a few Muslims in the 'Christianity and world religion' board, you could make a thread and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to answer it for you.

I used to go there a lot before I came here, it's really died down though after they changed the rules and made them more strict.

My understanding of Islam, and I'm sure muslims will disagree with me, they believe Jesus (or 'Isa' as he is called in their literature) was a very important prophet because Muhammad said that he himself was as important as Jesus was. Therefore they trust he was a great prophet, and although Muhammad came to 'confirm' the past writings (Torah, prophets, pslams, and the gospels), he also claims that they have been purposefully changed over time. Therefore Muslims don't even bother reading them because they think Christians and Jews have corrupted the original message, and Muhammad is the only trustworthy source.

You can easily (if your internet speed isn't too bad) download a pdf file of the entire Qur'an in 5 different translations from here if you prefer to read it on the computer. It's also important to note that the Qur'an (the most perfect book in existance) lacks a lot of context to its ayah's and is compiled in a jumbled order from longest surah to shortest. Therefore the religion cannot rely upon only the qur'an, and the Sunnah is also required. For example, the qur'an tells muslims to observe the 5 pillars of Islam however apart from naming them it doesn't actually inform us of what we have to do for them, so the Hadith (actions and sayings of Muhammad) is needed. So what I'm trying to say is to get a good idea of Islam you really need to read the Hadith as well.

The book 'prophet of doom' compiles the Hadith along with a chronological Qur'an to give the thing some context if anyone's interested.

Reactions: Evie1980
Upvote 0