Dallas, TX
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't grow up in church, matter of fact I can only think of one time I actually went to church and the people were mean to us kids. I never went back. My mom was in and out of my life, and the one person who cared the most about me died when I was 15. My mom was an alcoholic/ drug addict, her boyfriend beat her up and when I tried to help I got hit too and I was responsible for my infant sister and toddler brother. My life , like alot of people like me wasn't easy. I got married when I was 16 to a great guy. Of course we hit hard times, more often than not, but we got through it. About 10 yrs ago my best friend and I got into satanism. We were always into the paranormal but we got involved with the wrong people who influenced us. My marriage was falling apart, my husband knew and didn't like what I was doing. He has always been a man of faith even at his lowest. I never understood it, I resented it. I ended up losing him and my kids. I moved in with my best friend and her family and it kept getting worse. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, had homicidal and suicidal tendencies. Suffered from sever depression, anxiety, the works. They had me on all different kinds of meds that really messed my head up. And if things couldn't get any worse I ended up going to jail for 15 days cause of traffic tickets. While I was in there the girls I celled with were talking about GOD and what he has done for them. I asked them what they were in for and they replied with prostitution and crack. I laughed, GOD blessing THEM? I told them I didn't believe in HIM and that I was into satanism. They told me to believe in satan you have to believe in GOD. I thought they were full of it and ignored them. When I got out I had no where to go, my husband took me back but it was touch and go. The whole time I'm watching him read his BIBLE and listening to christian music and wondering what he found so fascinating and comforting. After awhile I started to like the music and would peek at his BIBLE when he wasn't looking but I still didn't get it. Then one day this song came on "Does any body hear her" Casting Crowns. I started to cry, I related to that song, my husband started to thank GOD and I turned to him and asked why. He said GOD answered his prayer. From then on I asked questions about the BIBLE and GOD,he got me my own BIBLE and I started to read. We found a church and I started to hesitate, I felt unworthy to be there. The pastor was preaching about forgiveness and how GOD loves us all. I went up for prayer and got the biggest blessing ever. SAVED!! A week later I was baptized. I have never been the same, I'm happier, no bipolar, no suicidal and homicidal issues, no anxiety, nothing. All I can say his GOD is very very GOOD!!!!!