Friendship in the face of difficulty(long post).

Terene

Bondslave of Jesus Christ
Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Terene,

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. There is no doubt in my mind that they are from the Holy Father himself.

I spoke with my Pastor about this recent event and he pointed out some things that I have to bear witness to.

He pointed out that in order for this new BF of hers to forbid her to have my friendship, that she must have spoken to him about me. I do not know how I was presented when she spoke of me to him, and I dont want to come off as sounding as if this is all about me(my OP should be indicative of that), but I have to weigh the basis of his request against whatever conversation they had about me.

I will see her again at work in a few days, and I have already written a letter that I plan to give her at the end of the shift. In this letter I have pointed out scripture as well as make a personal plea for her to not abandon her faith in God or her Church.

This is to be my final act with her on this issue, as I was directed by my Pastor to pull back now that she has committed herself to this man. My Pastor indicated that I have done all that I can to keep her pointed in the right direction, and seeing as how she is allowing this man to influence her choice of friends, that she is in essence submitting herself to his will and I must bow out in respect to that. Whether or not God is, or will be involved in their lives, is beyond my ability to know. All I can do now is continue to smile whenever I see her, pray and hope for the best.

I appreciate your offer to write to her, but I am not totally abandoning her even now, as the last paragraph of the letter I wrote says this:

I pray that God continues to reign supreme in your life, and I hope you come to know the true value of God's Grace, for without it we are all lost in a world of darkness and deceit. Regardless of what happens I will always hold a beacon of light head and shoulders above the peers of the world for you to see. As long as I am alive it will never go out. You have the enduring promise of a Brother and friend in Christ should you ever need it. -C

I think this is the best course of action at this point, and my Pastor agrees. I will continue to pray for her, and if I see a window of opportunity to influence her spiritually, I will take such opportunity without hesitation.

May God continue to Bless you, Terene.

Thank you for writing back to me, dear brother. If our God has put into your heart to continue to help her spiritually, let His will be done.

Do update us on here about how things are going, especially how her daughters are doing in the Lord, if you ever have the chance to get to know more. May our God be with you in peace and grace abundantly. Amen. :)

Upvote 0