Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
YouTube, Facebook, Spotify and Apple apparently decided it was a good idea to remove content associated with InfoWars and its founder Alex Jones. This is just one of many crimes of the regressive left. Whether or not you like him, it should be clear that Alex Jones has the right to post the content that he posts.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: XRho

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
YouTube, Facebook and Apple apparently decided it was a good idea to remove content associated with InfoWars and its founder Alex Jones. This is just one of many crimes of the Progressive Inquisition. Whether or not you like him, it should be clear that Alex Jones has the right to post the content that he posts.

Considering most of what Alex says is considered by most people hate speech, I say good riddance.

Though I will miss the memes people created of him. I personally like the gay frogs one:

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
YouTube, Facebook, Spotify and Apple apparently decided it was a good idea to remove content associated with InfoWars and its founder Alex Jones. This is just one of many crimes of the regressive left. Whether or not you like him, it should be clear that Alex Jones has the right to post the content that he posts.

it's a crime for a private company to not allow certain content on their platforms? please go to work tomorrow and start just spewing some alex jones rhetoric out loud and tell me if you're still employed the next day. and alex jones isn't even employed by youtube or facebook or anything. he, and all other users on these platforms, are allowed the privilege of using them. so why not go to say a mcdonalds as well after work and do the same and tell me how long it is before you are kicked out.
pffft alex jones peddles lies and fear for profit. he is a modern day flimflam man going from town to town peddling snake oil.
he himself, via his lawyer, has stated in court, when going through his divorce, that it was performance art.
he has for years been harping on about how the government has been trying to shut him down and that people should buy his herbal supplements, with lead in them btw, to keep him in business.
well he, and frankly all these other guys that whine about it, are more than free to buy their own servers and host their own sites off of their own dime instead. nobody is stopping them from doing it but their own greed at having to shell out money to continue their charades.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
and let's not forget that the reason he was kicked off was because he was trying to circumvent a 90 live streaming ban by promoting a different livestream.
let's say that christianforums gives you a temporary ban.
then you make a new account, a different ip or email or whatever, to get around that ban.
if they find out they are within their rights to enforce a harsher ban or even terminate your account.
this is no different.
he was punished. tried to get around the punishment. got caught and was kicked off.
he brought this onto himself simply because he couldn't man up and take his punishment.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
YouTube, Facebook, Spotify and Apple apparently decided it was a good idea to remove content associated with InfoWars and its founder Alex Jones.

This is a good day for America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
it should be clear that Alex Jones has the right to post the content that he posts.

I hate to break it to you all who think the first amendment applies to anyone but the U.S. Government but it doesn't.

All those private companies you mentioned can do what they wish within their TOS. Alex Jones agreed to those terms when he chose to use their services to profit. Why you are choosing to support a hateful person who is doing nothing but profiting off of peoples ignorance and fears, is the better question imo.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"it should be clear that Alex Jones has the right to post the content that he posts"

I'm wondering what law says and/or what court cases have determined that YouTube and Facebook are forced to carry Jones' content because that's his "right"

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Those are all private companies.
Creating one's own website is very easy and you can be your own censor.

• Wix.com. A strong, browser-based website builder, Wix.com reigns supreme if you want a simple, drag-and-drop interface for building basic sites (i.e., for portfolios, small sites, etc.). ...
  • WordPress.com. ...
  • Bravenet.com. ...
  • Weebly.com. ...
  • 000webhost.com. ...
  • x10Hosting.com. ...
  • AwardSpace. ...
  • 5GBFree.com.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Whether or not you like him, it should be clear that Alex Jones has the right to post the content that he posts.

No, Mr Jones does not have the right to have his content on sites and services that do not want to carry it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Those are all private companies.
Creating one's own website is very easy and you can be your own censor.
Of course that it true, but on the other hand, it is distressing to realize that so many Americans who grew up believing in freedom of speech now are not in the least worried by the efforts of one political party to win the next presidential election by preventing the exercise of free speech by anyone who does not agree with them.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Of course that it true, but on the other hand, it is distressing to realize that so many Americans who grew up believing in freedom of speech now are not in the least worried by the efforts of one political party to win the next presidential election by preventing the exercise of free speech by anyone who does not agree with them.
In what way is Mr Jones being prevented from speaking? Is my freedom of specking being prevented by the New York Times not publishing my writings?

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

That would only be true if the Democratic party owned YouTube, Facebook, and so forth. They don't, so your assertion is either hyperbole or an outriout lie.
You know it's not at all true because Facebook sold data to Cambridge analytics which served the Trump's, you know it's not because I still see ads on YouTube for that garbage prageru service.
Those companies only serve their bottom line.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In what way is Mr Jones being prevented from speaking? Is my freedom of specking being prevented by the New York Times not publishing my writings?
The campaign to shut up people who are not politically correct has been ongoing for some time now, and this is simply the latest development in that movement (which was demonstrated when Facebook, Spotify, You Tube and other social media discovered on the same day (!) that this one outlet fails to meet their standards and so must go).

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.