Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fr. Frank Pavone is a leading voice in the American pro-life movement, and has been for decades.

Some here may know of him thru their involvement in Rachel's Vineyard and/or the Silent No More Campaign.
Fr. Frank is presently the Pastoral Director of those ministries.

Or perhaps you have heard him speak at pro-life rallies ...

Fr. Frank has done, and continues to do, so much to promote the gospel of life in so many different arenas.

See:

It's been reported this weekend that Fr. Frank has apparently been laicized (dismissed from the priesthood) by order of Pope Francis.
(A full explanation for this action has not yet been presented, though a conflict with his superior appears to be at the root of the problem.)

See:

Catholic or not, if you are pro-life, then you probably also understand the need for strong pro-life leadership ...
and for a strong pro-life leadership presence in the media.

Priest or not, I do not think there is much, if anything, that will keep Fr. Frank from continuing to preach and teach about abortion
and promote healing ... but I would think that prayers for Fr. Frank might also be helpful at this time.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Fr. Frank Pavone is a leading voice in the American pro-life movement, and has been for decades.

Some here may know of him thru their involvement in Rachel's Vineyard and/or the Silent No More Campaign.

Fr. Frank has done, and continues to do, so much to promote the gospel of life in so many different arenas.

See:

It's been reported this weekend that Fr. Frank has apparently been laicized (dismissed from the priesthood) by order of Pope Francis.
(A full explanation for this action has not yet been presented, though a conflict with his superior appears to be at the root of the problem.)

See:

Catholic or not, if you are pro-life, then you probably also understand the need for strong pro-life leadership ...

Priest or not, I do not think there is much, if anything, that will keep Fr. Frank from continuing to preach and teach about abortion
and promote healing ... but I would think that prayers for Fr. Frank might also be helpful at this time.
Seems to be a long simmering issue between him and the bishop of Amarillo, and the bishop finally got a sympathetic ear at the Vatican.

Another one bites the dust. So many cancelled priests.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,286.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

See:

See:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seems to be a long simmering issue between him and the bishop of Amarillo, and the bishop finally got a sympathetic ear at the Vatican.

Another one bites the dust. So many cancelled priests.
I see where the Coalition for Canceled Priests has publicly come out in support of Fr. Frank.
Sadly, the number in that group appears to continue to grow.

I'm very sorry for the Church's loss.

:rose:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw him in the news today and started praying for him then. I pray for his blessings and protection and provision in his new life, and that he will be successful in his attempts to dissuade people from abortiom.
Yes, this is a big story ... particularly to those persons, like myself, that are pro-life.

I learned very quickly, when I was involved in pro-life ministry, that there are those that do not like this particular kind of ministry ...
a ministry that is about saving lives, and healing people ... both women and men ... that have been hurt by abortion.
At times, the attacks could become quite intense, so as to hope to hinder the work.

But those committed to helping others do not scare off easily.
I met some true intercessors while in that ministry, many of whom I believe are also now praying for Fr. Frank.

:groupray:

Upvote 0