FOX news confirms that Trump disparaged veterans ...

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It has, effectively, been confrimed through multiple journalists talking to multiple sources ...
It's not confirmed if the only "witnesses" are not on the record as having done any witnessing.

That's when the "multiple journalists" are forced to refer to "multiple sources" instead of people.

Or sometimes it's "numerous" instead. ;)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yep, to be exact, Referring to Sen. John McCain, Trump said, “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured...I like people who weren't captured."

If that is not disrespecting all prisoners of war, please tell me what is.
Well, it looks obviously like it isn't a disparagement of 'all' prisoners of war, that's for sure.

In fact, it looks like it's disparaging ONE prisoner of war (who was also disparaged by other POWs he was held with).

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not confirmed if the only "witnesses" are not on the record as having done any witnessing.

That's when the "multiple journalists" are forced to refer to "multiple sources" instead of people.

Many people are saying ....:preach:

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It would only be those of us outside journalism that would count them as "a few", "multiple" or "numerous". If you actually collect the stories you can count the journalists involved. (I think it is 4 stories at this time. I haven't counted the bylines.)

It is true that with multiple stories using various numbers of unnamed sources, we outsiders (and likely even the reporters involved) can't tell how many total unnamed sources there are. Some sources may be used by more than one reporter so we just can't add the numbers in each article together. The largest number listed in an article (and they usually report the source count) is the minimum number of sources used by all reporters.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, it looks obviously like it isn't a disparagement of 'all' prisoners of war, that's for sure.

In fact, it looks like it's disparaging ONE prisoner of war (who was also disparaged by other POWs he was held with).

Frankly what this story (and the follow ups) should show us (though it should have been patently obvious previously is that:

1. Donald Trump cares only for himself.

2. Donald Trump does not comprehend why anyone would willing give anything up to help someone else without receiving significant compensation. (He is transactional in his base nature.)

3. Donald Trump lacks empathy for others.

If you still want to support him, I can't stop you. I just want you to all realize who he is on the inside.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Frankly what this story (and the follow ups) should show us (though it should have been patently obvious previously is that:

1. Donald Trump cares only for himself.

2. Donald Trump does not comprehend why anyone would willing give anything up to help someone else without receiving significant compensation. (He is transactional in his base nature.)

3. Donald Trump lacks empathy for others.

If you still want to support him, I can't stop you. I just want you to all realize who he is on the inside.
You are entitled to your opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, well, if he only disparages some of our soldiers that's no reason to believe he continues to do it now to others.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh, well, if he only disparages some of our soldiers that's no reason to believe he continues to do it now to others.
No it's not a reason to believe he did it again. First that incident with Trump back 2015, what Trump said about McCain was perhaps his greatest blunder ever made. Quite frankly I don't believe his heart was really in the statement I really don't believe he feels those captured shouldn't be honoured. McCain and he had not been getting along to say the least and in a moment of anger blurted out what he did. He would have been well served to pivot back some other way but again I hold that's still isn't a reason to believe he said this about others. The man deserves the benefit of the doubt especially when the accusation comes from anonymous sources. To me that's even worse that the alleged insult. A man should be able to stand before his accusers and not have them hiding in the dark.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
No it's not a reason to believe he did it again. First that incident with Trump back 2015, what Trump said about McCain was perhaps his greatest blunder ever made. Quite frankly I don't believe his heart was really in the statement I really don't believe he feels those captured shouldn't be honoured. McCain and he had not been getting along to say the least and in a moment of anger blurted out what he did. He would have been well served to pivot back some other way but again I hold that's still isn't a reason to believe he said this about others. The man deserves the benefit of the doubt especially when the accusation comes from anonymous sources. To me that's even worse that the alleged insult. A man should be able to stand before his accusers and not have them hiding in the dark.

If it was a one off you might have a point in extending Trump the benefit of the doubt but this seems to be a recurring scene for Trump to disrespect the sacrifices our military and their families make:

Fury over Trump soldier's mother remarks

Donald Trump repeats claim Gold Star family's son would be alive had he been president - CNNPolitics

Gold Star family slams Trump for 'selfish, divisive' actions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If it was a one off you might have a point in extending Trump the benefit of the doubt but this seems to be a recurring scene for Trump to disrespect the sacrifices our military and their families make:

Fury over Trump soldier's mother remarks

Donald Trump repeats claim Gold Star family's son would be alive had he been president - CNNPolitics

Gold Star family slams Trump for 'selfish, divisive' actions
Sorry but I'm not buying what you're saying about this case. They went on the DNC Convention stage in 16 and began to make statements that Trump needs to read the Constitution. If you're going to stand on a political stage and give your opinion to millions of Americans the other side he has a right to respond and give rebuttals. He NEVER said ANYTHING that their son shouldn't be honoured. He said as your middle link even states that if he were President instead of Obama he would have sought not to have kept the troops there....thus he would still be alive....thus therefore why are you supporting the Dems in all this?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but I'm not buying what you're saying about this case. They went on the DNC Convention stage in 16 and began to make statements that Trump needs to read the Constitution. If you're going to stand on a political stage and give your opinion to millions of Americans the other side he has a right to respond and give rebuttals. He NEVER said ANYTHING that their son shouldn't be honoured. He said as your middle link even states that if he were President instead of Obama he would have sought not to have kept the troops there....thus he would still be alive....thus therefore why are you supporting the Dems in all this?

Wow! How can you dare to twist logic and common sense so much to defend him in this? I just don't get it. And I am not democrat nor leftist. I am non partisan trying to be objective.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump’s comments against McCain were typical as seen over the decades. He has disparaged disabled people, women he mistreated, etc. These new allegations are so typical of Trump, they are, frankly, easy to believe. Had he not had this long history, I would be quite skeptical. Trump has proudly earned the scorn. He plays the victim, but he is a career perpetrator.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,350.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Trump’s comments against McCain were typical as seen over the decades. He has disparaged disabled people, women he mistreated, etc. These new allegations are so typical of Trump, they are, frankly, easy to believe. Had he not had this long history, I would be quite skeptical. Trump has proudly earned the scorn. He plays the victim, but he is a career perpetrator.
If there’s one thing that Donald “boy who cried loser” Trump doesn’t deserve, it’s the benefit of the doubt...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow! How can you dare to twist logic and common sense so much to defend him in this? I just don't get it. And I am not democrat nor leftist. I am non partisan trying to be objective.

Maybe you missed the context of what we were talking about? Did Trump make a statement that this Gold Star Families son shouldn't be honoured? No he never did. As for his Father you don't get a free ticket to stand on a political stage as he did in 16 and give opinions as to why Trump is not a good Presidential candidate without the other having a right to respond.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If there’s one thing that Donald “boy who cried loser” Trump doesn’t deserve, it’s the benefit of the doubt...
Everyone has the right to be considered innocent UNTIL proven guilty. If anything his supporters who want his policies for the nation should have the right to not have lies to unjustly effect how people might vote.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,350.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Everyone has the right to be considered innocent UNTIL proven guilty.

You may not be aware of this, but we’re not talking about a court case. We’re talking about what a reasonable assumption is.

If anything his supporters who want his policies for the nation should have the right to not have lies to unjustly effect how people might vote.
If anything, the American public deserves a president who’s not a pathological liar...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Everyone has the right to be considered innocent UNTIL proven guilty. If anything his supporters who want his policies for the nation should have the right to not have lies to unjustly effect how people might vote.

In a court of law. That is how we minimize the likelihood an accusation of criminal activity being transmuted into a conviction without adequate proof.

I look forward to giving Donald Trump that consideration after his indictment(s).

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You may not be aware of this, but we’re not talking about a court case. We’re talking about what a reasonable assumption is.

Doesn't matter if it's a court case! It's only right and proper in a civilized society that people are innocent until proven guilty.

Upvote 0