FOX news confirms that Trump disparaged veterans ...

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump is outspoken and has certain ways but he tells people where he stands and doesn't mince words and many could view that as being authentic and therefore decent. He puts out his promises and GENUINELY seeks to keep them.

Like when he stole money from Trump University and the Trump Foundation? Like when he lied about releasing his tax returns? When he lied about bribing Stormy Daniels? When he had Michael Cohen blackmail Jerry Falwell Jr into endorsing him?

This is decent?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If these sources even exist (which I doubt)

You're accusing multiple news agencies of fabricating a story. Do you have evidence to back up this accusation?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sarah Sanders who lately has been getting a lot of "love" from the left for describing an incident of sexual harrassment by Trump

Hey now, just because we think Sanders should not be sexually harassed doesn't mean we like her. The left thinks everyone should be treated with dignity, not just the people we like. This may be a strange concept for you.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It’s certainly plausible that Trump said what was reported. He’s made similar comments before. He was recorded saying John McCain was only a hero because he was a POW. He thinks there’s nothing heroic about being captured. And he said he doesn’t like anyone who was captured. Making asinine remarks is Donald Trump’s SOP.

But he was correct when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave. and not lose any votes. This thread shows that no matter how ugly, how offensive, how contemptible, or how just plain idiotic are his pronouncements, his peanut gallery will try to defend him.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey now, just because we think Sanders should not be sexually harassed doesn't mean we like her. The left thinks everyone should be treated with dignity, not just the people we like. This may be a strange concept for you.
Oh so you think the left thinks one way? What about how Sanders was treated at the White House Correspondents' Dinner one of the years past? To their credit SOME of the left said it was inexcusable and wrong but please spare us that the left are universally just wonderful people. Perhaps a reality check time?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here I am being drawn again to talk about the same thing without anything new, without unnamed sources being named.

That a Fox reporter said "Two former sr Trump admin officials confirm .@JeffreyGoldberg reporting that President Trump disparaged veterans and did not want to drive to honor American war dead at Aisne-Marne Cemetery outside Paris." does not constitute a confirmation by Fox News.

Unnamed sources do not constitute a confirmation of a story.

There are 2 aspects to the story: the cancellation due to hair story and the suckers and losers story.

The cancellation due to hair story has not been confirmed. Even John Bolton who was present during the trip said the outing was cancelled due to the weather.

The suckers and losers story, again John Bolton who was present during the trip and present for that conversation said he didn't hear those comments. Though he added that if Trump had said them later or at another part of the trip, he wouldn't be surprised, but that is irrelevant and does not constitute confirmation the story is true.

Sarah Sanders who lately has been getting a lot of "love" from the left for describing an incident of sexual harrassment by Trump stated “The Atlantic story on Donald Trump is total BS...I was actually there and one of the people part of the discussion – this never happened."

We have multiple named sources who were present saying this never happened, and yet we are supposed to believe unnamed sources to decide that the story is confirmed.

Yeah but those named sources, particularly Sarah Sanders, are known to go on record and vehemently deny Trump did xyz and 3-5 weeks later he is openly admitting it. Trump always denies he did something or says he doesn't know about something, like the payments to Stormy Daniels, and then later we find out it's true. His people going on record mean nothing when they are known to cover for him. General Kelly either is still trying to cover for him or not trying to sway the election, but that's who I want to hear from. There is no reason for him to not go on record and say it didn't happen if it's a lie.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If these sources even exist (which I doubt) too bad they don't have half the courage a lone female hair salon owner did by making the story about Pelosi public. That took guts. IF these others exist I guess they don't have any.
It doesn't affect what you said, Bobber, but the quote is from someone else.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have many reasons to back up being cynical of all news agencies YES I do. So do most Americans.

If you have evidence that the stories about Trump's statements are false, you're welcome to post it.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread shows that no matter how ugly, how offensive, how contemptible, or how just plain idiotic are his pronouncements, his peanut gallery will try to defend him.
Agree.

In 2016, I think the plausible explanations for voting for Mr. Trump were roughly these:

1. Gullibility
2. A genuine and arguably plausible belief that he would be a better alternative than Hillary Clinton
3. Mental incapacity and / or moral defect

In 2020, only one of these options remain for those who plan to vote for Mr. Trump.

I'll take door number 3, Monty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So...we’re to disbelieve the private, free-enterprise press for the “official” version put out by an authoritarian administration?

There is more than a little evidence that the private, free-enterprise press is not impartial. In fact, just about everyone knows it to be so.

We here on CF, and Americans in general, disagree on which of those enterprises is the most biased...and in which direction...but there is hardly anyone who thinks all of them are completely unbiased.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Like when he stole money from Trump University and the Trump Foundation? Like when he lied about releasing his tax returns? When he lied about bribing Stormy Daniels? When he had Michael Cohen blackmail Jerry Falwell Jr into endorsing him?

This is decent?

Trump's dishonesty surpasses that of other politicians by leaps and bounds, yet his supporters still try to push the nonsense narrative that he "tells it like it is". He lies with regularity on any number of topics, but because he often says offensive things (i.e. not filtered) his supporters try to pass it off as "speaking plainly". Of course, when challenged on the things he says (such talking about running for President for more than 2 terms, his admiration for Kim Jong Un and Putin, grabbing the privates of women without permission) then they try to hold a simultaneous narrative that he's joking.

Yes, Trump tells it like it is except when he lies or is joking, which appears to be most of the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it is not the mainstay of reputable journalism.
It is the mainstay of gossip rags.

If I hear something about Biden, or Trump, or anyone for that matter, and the source is "unnamed", I take it very cautiously. I don't run with it. Why are people running away with this claim like it was confirmed when nowhere has it been confirmed? Could their bias be showing?
It has, effectively, been confrimed through multiple journalists talking to multiple sources ...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More like Lonesome Rhodes, from “A Face in the Crowd”.
Yes! That's what I was thinking of, but didn't remember correctly. Thanks!

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It has, effectively, been confrimed through multiple journalists talking to multiple sources ...
Which means exactly nothing to a lot of Trump fans. A video of Trump saying he hates vets could surface, and they would call it a deep fake. If Trump himself stood in front of them and said it, they’d say it was an imposter. There is literally zero evidence they would believe.

How do I know this? I’ve already had this conversation with some members of my family.

I believe there are people that post to this forum that feel the same way.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which means exactly nothing to a lot of Trump fans. A video of Trump saying he hates vets could surface, and they would call it a deep fake. If Trump himself stood in front of them and said it, they’d say it was an imposter. There is literally zero evidence they would believe.

How do I know this? I’ve already had this conversation with some members of my family.

I believe there are people that post to this forum that feel the same way.

I want the audio to the video that fox news played while interviewing Mayor Pete. Trump was saluting a line of veterans, and the last one was in a wheelchair. He didn't come quite as close to him, and at one point had started to turn away, when the officer with him motioned in his direction and then Trump spoke and had a few words with him and/or the gentleman behind him. I couldn't tell if Trump saluted him or not.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
t’s certainly plausible that Trump said what was reported. He’s made similar comments before. He was recorded saying John McCain was only a hero because he was a POW. He thinks there’s nothing heroic about being captured. And he said he doesn’t like anyone who was captured.
Yep, to be exact, Referring to Sen. John McCain, Trump said, “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured...I like people who weren't captured."

If that is not disrespecting all prisoners of war, please tell me what is.

Upvote 0