Jun 14, 2006
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
LovesBrightPink,

I'd like to encourage you to do WHAT YOU KNOW is RIGHT! This thread is going on & on & on about, "what is marriage..." "what is sin...." when all of us KNOW what marriage & sin are, according to the Word of God Either you believe it - or you don't. SIN is SIN. & I BELIEVE YOU KNOW IT, or the question would have never been asked! If that's harsh, well, so be it.

Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.(Heb 13:4 NAS)

Ah, you seem to know what you're talking about, good. Perhaps you can provide a proper definition of marriage, then (and by proper, I mean a Godly one in this context).

Upvote 0

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah, you seem to know what you're talking about, good. Perhaps you can provide a proper definition of marriage, then (and by proper, I mean a Godly one in this context).

Why are SO MANY "Christians" challenging the Bible? Didn't we all agree to the SAME terms of service on CF? Weren't there certain things we HAD to believe to become members? Do you all actually SPIT in God's face, all the time? The Bible says.... not to ALWAYS live merely on MILK, sooner or later, you have to move on to the MEAT of the Word. I know it's tough, at first.... but, when the Son of Man returns, will He find FAITH on the earth? I hope so!
Attack all you want, I speak only the Truth, I know it hurts............
God Bless!
"growing can be painful, and sometimes it's hard to see,but I am not afraid to grow, for I know whom I have believed."

Upvote 0

DIVA_for_Christ

Veteran
Jul 12, 2005
✟9,589.00
Faith
Christian
LovesBrightPink,

I'd like to encourage you to do WHAT YOU KNOW is RIGHT! This thread is going on & on & on about, "what is marriage..." "what is sin...." when all of us KNOW what marriage & sin are, according to the Word of God Either you believe it - or you don't. SIN is SIN. & I BELIEVE YOU KNOW IT, or the question would have never been asked! If that's harsh, well, so be it.

Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.(Heb 13:4 NAS)

Amen, amen and :amen:

Upvote 0

DIVA_for_Christ

Veteran
Jul 12, 2005
✟9,589.00
Faith
Christian
Unfortunately, we (people) are not the one to decide what is sin.

God has done that for us.

Regardless of what we think or feel......there is a standard. God sets the standard. He doesn't change.

It's all in The Book. The Holy Bible.

He loves you so much.

Amen and the truth shall set us FREE!!!

Upvote 0

DIVA_for_Christ

Veteran
Jul 12, 2005
✟9,589.00
Faith
Christian
Again, though, what is marriage, exactly? Is it not a committed, lifelong union between two people who love each other? If so, it sounds to me like they're married already. Of course, that's not to say that I think they shouldn't go ahead and get an "official" marriage, since being married before the state as well as before God obviously has several practical advantages, but at the same time I doubt that their current sexual activity can truly be deemed sinful, as I don't think it can truly be deemed extramarital in the first place.

God is all about deceny and order. He tells us to OBEY not only Him but the laws of the land. Obeying Him is first and foremost and when we obey Him, we end up not just keeping His commandments but we end up obeying the laws of the land, which keep us from having to deal with the consequences of disobedience.

We can twist God's word all we want to try to justify our actions by reasoning and rationalizing but that doesn't change the Truth of His word.

Bottom line they are not married yet and they are dealing with fornication. The definition of fornication is consensual sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other. Here are some scriptures:

1Cor 6:17-19
17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Cor 7:1-3
1Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 3Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

Gal 5:18- 20
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies

1 Thess 4:2-4
2For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. 3For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: 4That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

Since they are not married their sexual relationship can not be deemed as an extramarital. If they were married and had sex outside of the marriage then it would be considered adultery. The definition of adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband. This is not their case.

Yes they love each other and no one negates that fact. Myself along with some of the other posters on this site want her relationship to be blessed by God and God expects us to obey what He has commanded and for us to operate in decency and in order.

The church is so sick and weak (not operating in the fullness of God's power) right now because people have watered down God's word to fit their lifestyles and this is dangerous territory to be in. Since it's the truth that sets us free, we have to first be willing to accept the truth for what it is - THE TRUTH and the Truth is God's Word! We can't pick and choose from God's word to accomodate what we want to do, what we think, how we feel, etc. We need to let the truth penetrate our hearts and change us from the inside out.

I truly pray that God's corporate body will get it together and let His word be engraved in their hearts. Until we all get it together, the church will continue to be in the state of weakness that it is currently in.

God Bless!

Reactions: TexasGirl06
Upvote 0

Gukkor

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I find it absolutely astounding that I can make a simple request of a fellow Christian who happens to believe differently than me on a certain point, and not only do I not get an answer, but I'm blasted as being spiritually immature.

Sistakrista, I'm not challenging the Bible, I'm asking for your take on how it defines marriage. It's not an offensive question, nor is it a particularly difficult one to answer. Your indignation is completely unwarranted.

DIVA, I appreciate your concern for the church and this young couple, and hope you believe me when I say that I have absolutely nothing against your own personal beliefs. That said, however, I do not, cannot appreciate the implication that I have "watered down" my beliefs to fit my lifestyle. I believe what I believe because it is what I think is the truth. My lifestyle conforms to it, not vice versa. Am I wrong on some points? Definitely, as are we all, but I have strived and will continue to strive to hone my beliefs and weed out areas that conflict with the big picture. Accuse others of having watered-down beliefs if you will, but not me.

Upvote 0

DIVA_for_Christ

Veteran
Jul 12, 2005
✟9,589.00
Faith
Christian
I find it absolutely astounding that I can make a simple request of a fellow Christian who happens to believe differently than me on a certain point, and not only do I not get an answer, but I'm blasted as being spiritually immature.

Sistakrista, I'm not challenging the Bible, I'm asking for your take on how it defines marriage. It's not an offensive question, nor is it a particularly difficult one to answer. Your indignation is completely unwarranted.

DIVA, I appreciate your concern for the church and this young couple, and hope you believe me when I say that I have absolutely nothing against your own personal beliefs. That said, however, I do not, cannot appreciate the implication that I have "watered down" my beliefs to fit my lifestyle. I believe what I believe because it is what I think is the truth. My lifestyle conforms to it, not vice versa. Am I wrong on some points? Definitely, as are we all, but I have strived and will continue to strive to hone my beliefs and weed out areas that conflict with the big picture. Accuse others of having watered-down beliefs if you will, but not me.

Please accept my apology for my intent was not to accuse you personally of anything. My statement was towards the people in the church who know God's truth but refuse to allow the word to transform them for their hearts are far from God. It was a general statement to the position of the corporate body. Individually we all come into understanding God's truth through personal experiences with Him. I do see how I worded it would seem as though I was labeling you and again I apologize and ask for your forgiveness as I am not without my own issues to label someone else.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Gukkor

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please accept my apology for my intent was not to accuse you personally of anything. My statement was towards the people in the church who know God's truth but refuse to allow the word to transform them for their hearts are far from God. It was a general statement to the position of the corporate body. Individually we all come into understanding God's truth through personal experiences with Him. I do see how I worded it would seem as though I was labeling you and again I apologize and ask for your forgiveness as I am not without my own issues to label someone else.

God Bless!

Of course, you needn't even ask. The limitations of text has a tendency to cause misunderstandings from time to time. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

natanya

Jul 7, 2006
New York
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just dont know what to do anymore. We have rededicated our lifes to christ and now we know having sex is wrong but we live together. We will not be able to live apart. We have been engaged since november. I just dont know what to do anymore. Knowing that we are sinning is really hard.
Hi,

I was just wondering about what you felt about all of the discussions, arguments and advice that you have read?

N

Upvote 0

lovesbrightpink

Loves jesus and America too.
Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly right now I am worrying about living life. We set a date to get married and I think that has made alot of my stress go away. We tried to abstain. But that proved too hard for us to handle right.In part yes I know that sex out of marriage is a sin. However I do feel that we are married just without a paper. I know we have to follow the laws of the land. That is why we are going to get married. We are focusing on more things right now. We are going to start to attend church and going to try to live good lives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.