Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I just dont know what to do anymore. We have rededicated our lifes to christ and now we know having sex is wrong but we live together. We will not be able to live apart. We have been engaged since november. I just dont know what to do anymore. Knowing that we are sinning is really hard.

Reactions: TexasGirl06

TexasGirl06

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2006
Texas
✟13,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just dont know what to do anymore. We have rededicated our lifes to christ and now we know having sex is wrong but we live together. We will not be able to live apart. We have been engaged since november. I just dont know what to do anymore. Knowing that we are sinning is really hard.

What an encouraging post.
I am so proud of you. :thumbsup:

You can live apart.
It will be hard... (the logistics), but you have The Lord !
He will show you how you can do this.

I would recommend reaching out to folks in your church. You need people to hold you accountable.
Perhaps they can also help you to find alternative living arrangements.

I am so thrilled...that you have responded to the Holiness of the Living God ! Praise be to Him !

Upvote 0

lovesbrightpink

Loves jesus and America too.
Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
its financial. Big time. We both cannot live in california on one income. We have never lived apart. We dont have a wedding planned, because no one will pay for it. We are broke right now, we could just get marreid but I fear that if I just get married now that we will not have those memories. I mean I wouldnt even get a dress, or have pictures or get to cut a cake...

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
its financial. Big time. We both cannot live in california on one income. We have never lived apart. We dont have a wedding planned, because no one will pay for it. We are broke right now, we could just get marreid but I fear that if I just get married now that we will not have those memories. I mean I wouldnt even get a dress, or have pictures or get to cut a cake...

Elope and pay for a big ceremony or something later. The wedding is a small thing, the marraige is a big thing. What you're doing now is hurting the big thing while holding out for the small thing which you can't see coming anyway. Who knows, God may bless you so you can have a decent ceremony if you just step out in faith and obedience and ask your pastor about marrying the two of you.

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elope and pay for a big ceremony or something later. The wedding is a small thing, the marraige is a big thing. What you're doing now is hurting the big thing while holding out for the small thing which you can't see coming anyway. Who knows, God may bless you so you can have a decent ceremony if you just step out in faith and obedience and ask your pastor about marrying the two of you.
:thumbsup: I agree. If you do what is right according to the Lord, He will bless your marriage.
Don't worry about a big wedding.
You can make your memories together in many ways.

Upvote 0

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
GLORY TO GOD! The rededication of your lives is AWESOME!
I agree with the others~ get married! Do a big wedding when you can afford it! No point in making life harder for both of you. My godson went to a courthouse to get married, to avoid the big costs. God will bless your marriage & your obedience!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeLedbyHisSpirit

Jun 12, 2006
✟15,344.00
Faith
Christian
GLORY TO GOD! The rededication of your lives is AWESOME!
I agree with the others~ get married! Do a big wedding when you can afford it! No point in making life harder for both of you. My godson went to a courthouse to get married, to avoid the big costs. God will bless your marriage & your obedience!
:thumbsup:

Yep.

Upvote 0

TexasGirl06

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2006
Texas
✟13,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know. It is so hard.

But...the bottom line is obedience.
Will you and your fiance purpose to obey the Living God?

He says no sex before marriage.
Since the sex has been going on....
it will be almost impossible to continue to live together and stay apart physically.

so.... get married and live together.
Or...get apart asap.

Do not feel that you are alone.
Assuming that you have a church family, ...
they will take delight in helping you to follow through in obedience.
Someone in your church has a room you can live in...until the marriage occurs.
Someone wants to help you in your walk with the Lord.

And...our precious Lord will bless your obedience.
Your marriage will be blessed.
Your life will be blessed.

Be encouraged !

Father God....
Will You work in the life of this couple....and bring someone along who has an extra room in their home. Perhaps an elderly person who could use the company and not charge very much...or anything at all.

You are all powerful, Lord.
We trust that You will bless the obedience in this couple.
We are so thankful that You have already done a precious work in their hearts.

We praise You, Lord.
...for what we know You can do.

In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Upvote 0
L

LifeInChrist

I just dont know what to do anymore. We have rededicated our lifes to christ and now we know having sex is wrong but we live together.
It is a good thing that you have rededicated your lives to Christ. Sex is not a sin in the sight of God. Sexual abuse is a sin.

We will not be able to live apart. We have been engaged since november.
If you are not able to live apart and since you have already been engaged, it is best to go ahead and get married.

I just dont know what to do anymore. Knowing that we are sinning is really hard.
You are not sinning as you love each other and are engaged in the hope to get married sooner or later.

The fact is Adam and Eve were live-in couples all throughout their life and God did not think that they were sinning. God blessed them and accepted them as a couple committed to each other. The concept or tradition of marriage came in later.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, my dear sister. Just my advice, I know, but it can be fantastic. Because it's an opportunity to redeem.

Plan the wedding yourselves, ask your church for help, tell them what you've done, that you felt conscience prick your hearts.

You can check with your pastor for advice, whether your church would encourage you to get a marriage certificate and then plan the wedding; or to abstain until the wedding.

And I'm sure you would like to confirm and celebrate your vows before God in a ceremony with others.

Believers in Christ have time and again lost their lives in persecution because of how well their lives witnessed their integrity and faith. If your actions reflect that, you will have powerful remembrances of the time Christ came in and made you two one -- not only with Him, but with each other.

My own view recommends you separate for a time before the marriage; others say it's better to go and get the marriage certificate and then plan the celebration before God among His church and your families. Either way, it'll be great!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lovesbrightpink

Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We know that we want to get married. thats not the hard part. But we are having problems in our relationship, and we are fighting alot right now. we are not the couple to break up or anything. We feel that it is wrong to enter into a marriage that has issues. We need to get couciling. We need to work on our problems . Everyone that we know wants ur to get married but we need to work on our problems. We dont want to just get married and ignore our problems that we have. I am confused. I know getting married would be the right thing to do right now. Right now, we are having trouble paying bills and eating, we couldnt even buy a license at this time.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that we want to get married. thats not the hard part. But we are having problems in our relationship, and we are fighting alot right now. we are not the couple to break up or anything. We feel that it is wrong to enter into a marriage that has issues. We need to get couciling. We need to work on our problems . Everyone that we know wants ur to get married but we need to work on our problems. We dont want to just get married and ignore our problems that we have. I am confused. I know getting married would be the right thing to do right now. Right now, we are having trouble paying bills and eating, we couldnt even buy a license at this time.
Talk to your pastor about your situation and ask for pre-marital counselling.

Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
well then stop doing it!!! You are in knowledge of what is right and wrong so you are even more responsible as a believer...and you have to be obedient to God...pickup the book called Every young woman's battle.!! And you need to fast, so that this spirit of lust can leave you...You know....??any more questions. plz ask. God bless

Upvote 0

lovesbrightpink

Aug 19, 2006
Oklahoma
✟11,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
well then stop doing it!!! You are in knowledge of what is right and wrong so you are even more responsible as a believer...and you have to be obedient to God...pickup the book called Every young woman's battle.!! And you need to fast, so that this spirit of lust can leave you...You know....??any more questions. plz ask. God bless

I honestly wish it were just as easy as that. I think I will get that book when I get the money. We are very passionate. We fight with passion, and we love eachother with passion. Its just hard when we are together all of the time and stuff kinda just starts to happen. Im tempted to not buy any condoms and throw ours away because we will not do it without because we know we dont need babies right now. I know that we need to stop, I know that we need to get married.

We currently do not belong to any church. We attend occasional services with his parents. We listen to their sermon online through their website. I dont know if they would help us. If we could get married today, we would , however, is it right to enter into a marriage with problems?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.